The Knight's Taboo Ch. 02

Story Info
Parsee celebrates a little too hard, with too many drinks.
9.9k words
3.5
2.5k
1
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Hey, Literotica. Been a while! I've been struggling with a variety of different issues that have kept me from continuing anything on here. But I'm back and the second chapter of this story is finally complete.)

As slumber came that night, Parsee began to have the strangest dream: He was walking along a dark path, surrounded by a dense fog that nearly blocked any possible images from the near-distance. A land that felt familiar to him, yet one that Parsee couldn't quite place the tip of his finger over. But nevertheless, it was a land that sent a shiver up his spine and had the knight readily clinching his gold-hilted long sword as he moved amongst the treacherous white haze.

Parsee moved through the fog slowly and kept a cautious eye darting back and forth at every surrounding direction, the almost demonic sound of deep croaks that he surmised was from large frogs, only further adding to his wariness. This place that he was at, was the most unsettling land he had ever been so unfortunate to wind up in.

He continued through the dark land, seeing glimpses of dying and decaying trees, the fog getting ever denser, the demonic croaks growing more voluminous. And he was almost certain that he heard the shuffling of feet somewhere closeby.

Eventually, he wandered right into the thickest parts of the fog and then emerged from within it, and he nearly fell forward as he saw that what lied behind the fog was a far-dropping bottom.

Then he woke up.

****

It was near the midday when they were awakened by the voice of Queen Merry, who, along with two of the maidservants, had brought fancy clothes for the special occasion that was drawing near.

"It is my hope that you all slept peacefully," she said to them all. "For tonight, a great deal of fun awaits every each and one of you. As such, I have brought you your formal clothing, by which you are to dress in. So I implore that you all wake up and greet the sun and dress yourselves."

Parsee rolled out of bed when he went to turn onto his side; he had been meaning to shun the words of Queen Merry and just resume a few more moments of sleep, but the moment that he hit the carpet-covered stone-floor, he was as wide awake as he ever would be and pressed himself up using his arms and then dusted off his clothes before turning to face Queen Merry and her two maidservants with a look of clear embarrassment on his face.

"Good uhh, evening, Your Majesty!" Parsee brushed a hand against his hair.

"Good evening to you, Parsee."

"Sorry about that, Your Majesty; I suppose I was a lot more bushed than I had estimated. But, awake now, and I see that the others are also slowly beginning to waken as well."

Queen Merry sauntered towards his bed. At the edge of the bed, she stopped and leaned forward slightly, granting an eyeful of her plentiful cleavage, placing his fancy wardrobe for the night down before lifting herself back up again and then walking towards Chandler's bed and repeating the same.

Her two maidservants served the other knights their formal clothing and once both Queen Merry and her maidservants had passed around all the clothing, they approached the hallway and stood before the door.

"Everyone is ordered to attend the dining room in one hour," Queen Merry announced as her eyes went over them. "The Duke of Tarswaq will be attending as well, he is bringing his son, Marquess Mikhale. And Lady Odette of Ewantia has also been sent an invitation. We are also expecting to be graced with the company of Prince, soon to be King, Aldred of Reselenes. Many others are expected to arrive, and as such, we are preparing quite the banquet to feed all who come."

"Wait, Your Majesty," Parsee tried to free his stuck head from the confines of the frilled powder-blue button dress shirt. "You've undergone quite the task, but that's simply too much to do. While I have little doubt you will have your maidservants and the cooks helping with the feast arrangements, I wish to offer you my assistance."

She waved a hand at him. "That won't be necessary, Parsee, but I thank you."

"I guess we'll just wait here, then," he brought his arms out through the sleeves.

"Just find a means to entertain yourselves, Queen Merry suggested. "The time will fly swiftly."

"Of course."

Parsee pulled the pair of dark purple breeches and reached his hands down to the straps of the maroon-colored leather boots and adjusted them in the brass buckles before lifting himself back up. He stretched, the exhaustion still having yet to release him from its grasp since his slumber was cut short by Queen Merry's gathering of them.

Once Queen Merry had left the room, the knights began to dress for the impending occasion.

This was one of the few times that they dressed in anything but their battle uniforms or the semi-plain clothes that they donned for leisurely wear in the castle. And each of them was dressed in a defined appearance, as opposed to all looking similar in style of wardrobe, as they were on the battlefield.

They waited for the big party that King Harminus was to throw. When the time had finally arrived, Parsee, Chandler, Ricord and the others made their way to the dining room where they could already hear a great commotion taking place, and an even greater commotion coming from the doors of the castle: It seemed many of the guests had arrived and many others were about to come inside to join them for the celebration.

It was odd being around so many people at once. He could recall a time when he felt timid being around so many people at a time, wanting to just leave the presence of them all and go to a much quieter and much less lively place to collect his thoughts. But now, being around such large numbers of people was almost like second nature since he was constantly surrounded by the knights who he had come to consider both friends and family.

"With any luck, chap," Chandler walked over towards him and stood still at his side, with the only movement being from his wandering eyes, "perhaps tonight will be an exciting night for all of us. My heart pounds in eagerness to see all the breath-taking young lasses who will be showing up.."

Parsee narrowed his brows and furled his lip before abruptly smacking the other on the shoulder.

"Best hold your horses there, my virile friend; this isn't about catching a good night you know. The King and Queen are holding this occasion in our honor, and as such, I think we should respect that instead of trying to focus on such trivial things."

"Trivial?" Chandler shifted his weight to glance at him. "What do you consider something meaningful, then? We train our arses off and serve the King and Queen, and we ask for very little in return. What's wrong with us having a bit of fun on the sides?"

"All I'm saying," he drew his hand away from the other knight's back, "is let's just focus on the current event a hand. If you find yourself in that position? Do what you feel is right. But don't make it your entire focus of this night."

"Damn it, Parsee!" Chandler growled, but then just ended up breaking out into a fit of laughter, "I swear over the grave of the Holy Mother, you are too dedicated for your own good, chap. Always thinking of your King and Queen, rarely thinking of yourself, of your needs or wants or desires of a human being. I suppose that makes you the better man, doesn't it?"

"I don't feel like I'm the better man at all," Parsee rebuked. "But it's true that all I want is to make my King and Queen proud and content. I value my own desires or dreams little. They are my focus."

"Bloody cross, my friend!" Chandler laughed still but was silencing his laughter. "Few here can ever hope to amount to the man that you are. Even I myself, feel as though I am a man of black nature, standing to the next holy knight."

"Now, enough of this conversation," chided Parsee, casting his eyes towards the opening twin doors. "I see that the Duke has arrived. And look, there's Marquess Mikhale and is that the young maiden who brings us food every now and then? Looks like Alina has been invited as well."

"And there is Lady Odette," Chandler acknowledged. "She is just as much of a siren as ever! The very face that haunts my dreams at night, but alas, my romantic heart will forever remain in aching."

"Are you absolutely certain it's romance that your heart feels?" Jested Parsee who turned to give him a look.

"All right, smart guy," Chandler struck him in the shoulder with a slightly strong blow of his fist, but still weak enough to make it obvious he was playing around. "I'll deal with you later. But be warned, my good friend, it will be you who will be on the ground without a sword, this time."

Parsee quietly groaned to himself and rubbed the struck area of his shoulder, but dropped down into a polite bow when the Duke and Marquess Mikhale started to walk towards their direction. Chandler, also bowing.

"My friends, the knights of King Harminus," the Duke stopped before them briefly. "It is most incredible and glorious that you saved the King and Queen and defeated those nasty Falisians! Such haste you made your way back here from my kingdom, and then you made such short work of those fiends. Truly, you are all finely trained warriors."

"I am only grateful that His Majesty and Her Majesty, were both unharmed during the attack," Parsee, still in bowing position, remarked with his head down.

"Indeed, indeed!" The Duke placed a hand on Marquess Mikhale's shoulder. "Such a sneaky tactic they pulled back there. But, by His good grace, the King and Queen still stand to rule another night, and another day. But remember my young friends: Do not let complacent ensnare you. That...Was my mistake."

"We have always thwarted any attempts on the lives of the King and Queen's lives," boasted Chandler. "But, pardon my words, Your Grace, let us not indulge on such bleak topics. King Harminus and Queen Merry had thrown us all a wonderful party, one that we should enjoy."

"Wise words that you speak, Sir Chandler. Yes, quite, I think I shall bear them in mind. Now, say hello to the brave knights, my son, and let us go meet up with His Majesty."

It was only when Marquess Mikhale was addressed by the Duke that Marquess Mikhale spoke. The child greeting them with a very small and hardly noticeable nod, followed by the meekest of speaking voices.

"Nice to see you all again," said the Marquess. But then he quickly shuffled along with the Duke.

"That boy is such a shy one," Chandler, leaning over onto Parsee's shoulder, whispered into his ear.

"Well he is still a child," Parsee whispered back. "And would you really be standing ten feet tall after nearly having your life taken at such a young age? Poor boy hasn't had nearly the proper amount of training and was scared witless when he was backed into that corner."

Their conversing ended when Lady Odette came within their range.

Lady Odette was quite the fair woman. She was of twenty-six years of age and had shadowy hair and dark brown eyes that almost looked black from a distance.

"Good evening, Lady Odette," Chandler greeted her with a courtesy bow.

"Nice of you to join us for this occasion," added Parsee who also bowed to her.

"Parsee!" Chandler roughly elbowed him, nearly muttering an expletive under his breath. "Show the Lady a little more respect! It would be much more proper if you were to instead, say to her: 'How most kind of you to join us for this wondrous celebration tonight."

"Oww! Hey, Chandler, what'd you do that f-- what? Oh, uhh, right, sorry. Ahem! It's a most wonderful pleasure to have you attending here tonight, Lady Odette, we are happy to be within your presence and we hope that you enjoy the party tonight."

Lady Odette looked at them, her eyes narrowed and her lips matching the less-than-friendly or amused expression on her face. Without a spoken word and a not so subtle sneer, she nodded her head and just stared at them while she walked away from them both.

"Bet it didn't go as you expected, huh?" Teased Parsee.

"Tch! Quiet, Parsee. I'm sure the Lady was just in a bit of a mood from the long travel."

"What are we doing hanging around here for?" Parsee scratched the side of his head. "We should be heading into the dining room and go join His Majesty and Her Majesty. Although, maybe you should stay here to greet our guests."

Chandler glared at him. "W--what, m—me?! Now, you wait just a minute! I'm not being the greeter."

Parsee had already run off ahead, a chuckle slipping his lips and his hand wavering off to the other knight while he made his way to the dining room area. "I can't hear yoooouuu," he shouted from afar.

King Harminus was engaged in conversation with Prince Aldred when Parsee had entered the dining room. And already, the long-reaching table that could seat over a hundred people, which had been decorated in a beautiful golden cloth, had been littered with plates and platters and bowls and there was a large variety of food, and a great amount of it at that, all to feed those who had joined for the celebration banquet.

Queen Merry hadn't chosen one of her ball gowns for the night; instead, Parsee had seen she was wearing a dress that was similar to her usual wardrobe, covering little of her well-grown full-breasts and covering the edges where her nipples should have otherwise been uncovered by the almost-too-small chest of her gown. But the dress was almost all gold, with the exception of some subtle frilled, ruby trimmings at the sleeves which poofed out a bit and ended only at her knuckles.

Her circlet had also been replaced for the night, instead, replaced by a silver tiara with a few tiny diamonds centered in the middle.

"Your Majesty!" Parsee bowed to her momentarily.

"Oh, Parsee, you look very handsome. I was a little worried you would have fallen back asleep."

Parsee laughed, but his laughter turned into a feeling of embarrassment. "No, no, I stayed awake."

"I am very pleased to see that," she walked towards him. "King Harminus is still waiting on the other guests to arrive in here. Once everyone is all together we will all share a toast, and then we will eat. There will also be dancing of course, and plenty of drinks."

"I, umm, well, I'm not sure about the dancing. But the food and drink?" Parsee chuckled.

Queen Merry lightly furrowed her brows, but her expression nonetheless remained kind and warm while she gazed at him. "Parsee, you have been practicing your dancing, have you not?"

"W--well," he glanced off to the side. "...Not really?"

Queen Merry's expression faltered and she broke out into a smile, followed by a short giggle. She shook her head at him and then walked closer to him until they were standing nearly feet to feet, placing a hand on his shoulder while looking into his face.

"Perhaps it would be of the best idea, that you only danced with me tonight."

"W--what? B--but ma'am! Look at all these people; there are so many potential dance partners in here."

"If you are confident in your dancing expertise," she nearly whispered to him.

"I'm suddenly not feeling so confident now," he admitted, his eyebrows lifting slightly.

She chuckled again and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a firm but also gentle, hug. "My offer still stands, Parsee. I think many people who have gathered here tonight are expecting much, but I would never shun you or ridicule you for your...Lack of dancing ability."

Footsteps soon began to storm the ballroom; the other guests having arrived. Chandler was the last one to enter, having stayed at the front door of the castle to greet those who had entered. And once King Harminus had broken away from conversation with the Duke, he saw that everyone was all there and clapped his hands twice, pleased. The King then walked towards them and stopped.

"It pleases me sublimely that you have all accepted my invitation and joined us for this wondrous evening! First and foremost, however," his eyes went over Parsee, then Chandler and Ricord and the other knights. "I would like to say...That were it not for my fearless knights, I would not be standing here before you all tonight, and, while the thought terrifies me so, I have little doubt that my beautiful wife would either. So, my knights, I want to give you all my thanks! Thank you for your dedicated services to me, and for defending us all in our time of need tonight!"

Each of the knights stood in a line together for that moment; standing side by side and lifting a hand up to press against their foreheads in a salute to King Harminus. And together, in unison, they shouted: "SIR!"

"Our knights have always been faithful to us," spoke Queen Merry, grasping at King Harminus' hand. "Whenever so much as a single drop of fear would touch us, they were always the first ones to run to us! I myself cannot begin to fathom what this wonderful kingdom would be like without them."

"Quite," King Harminus squeezed her hand softly. "And that is why this celebration will be held in their honor. And now, my friends, let us all have a toast to their victory.

Everyone gathered their wine glasses and held them. And with King Harminus giving them the cue, they all clinked their glasses together but were then subsequently halted by King Harminus from consuming the fine purple wine.

The King's voice boomed as he rose his campaign glass up into the air with a smile that was bigger than his own castle. He looked as if was the physical manifestation of triumph. He pulled Queen Merry towards him with one ham-sized hand and lightly squeezed her side into his shoulder.

She smiled at him warmly; leaning against his side and intertwining her hand with his.

"Today we celebrate not one marvelous occasion," the King boisterously said. "But TWO! First, we celebrate our victory against the forces of Falisia! And then," he looked at his wife lovingly, "my wife's forty-second birthday! And am I damned surprised to this day, that much like aged wine, she only gets finer as the years go by!"

Parsee fumbled his glass when King Harminus spoke the words: 'my wife's forty-second birthday!' but caught the glass before it could descend too far to the ground.

He had fully forgotten about Queen Merry's birthday.

They clinked their glasses once more into one another's and consumed the wine.

It was then time for the banquet and everyone took their seats at the table.

This was one of the few times that Parsee and the other knights were able to enjoy their fill to the pinnacle of their enjoyment; one of the rare few occasions where 'gluttony' wasn't of a concern. He, along with the other knights, had filled their bowls and plates with enough food to sate their hunger and Parsee in particular had his eyes set on the spiced stewed pork soup that Queen Merry had prepared, as well as the cheese-stuffed bread and the fire-cooked cod.

"How are you enjoying the food?" Queen Merry, who was seated across the table at King Harminus' side, inquired of the young, blonde-haired knight.

"This is good!" He replied, placing a heavy emphasis on the 'good'.

"My friends," King Harminus took a vicious chomp from the over-sized turkey leg he held in his hand, chewed it and swallowed, and then spoke once more, "I cannot begin to express just how joyful being within your presences. I think, that, perhaps, this day has given me a new appreciation for those who are apart of my life, and perhaps it was until now that I did take it a bit for granted. But from henceforth, no more! This night, it has made me truly understand just how lucky of a man I am."

"There are times that it takes a near tragedy, to open one's blinded eyes," Queen Merry leaned her head into his shoulder clasped his hand within her own.

"Very true words, my sweet flower," he turned to look at her with a smile on his face.