All Comments on 'The Lady of the Lake'

by Vaguewriter

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great read

Well written and good pacing. I rarely respond and rate stories.

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

This is a fantastic story that is wonderfully written. I enjoyed the pace of this story; the character background; the buildup; the highs and lows; and the romance! Thank You for sharing this awesome story!!!

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 3 years ago

That's intensely sweet and romantic. Very enjoyable!

greysamgreysamover 3 years ago
great!

Good pacing, good descriptions, the right amount of background exposition and intimate dialogue.

greysamgreysamover 3 years ago
great

This is a nice balance of description, pacing, background exposition and intimate dialogue. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wow...

thank you for not doing a thousand words on how the ex fiancé try's to convince her that a Man has 'needs'

cfumagocfumagoover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

Nice story. Good buildup and character development, and a pleasant conclusion. I must read your other works!

Davester37Davester37over 3 years ago
Very nice,

and I loved it! Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

mitchawamitchawaover 3 years ago

Excellent. Good hook, good description, good characters, good dialogue bout external and internal, good tension with Steve and backgrounds, good love scenes, and a good ending. Love conquers all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A very nice read indeed

Beautifully written story. No over the top bullsh*t chiselled warrior with huge junk meets heroine gagging for it - thanks goodness. Thanks for sharing!

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago
A Really good read

I was sure they'd end up with each other, but the honesty and devotion they showed on the way was really a pleasure to read about. There's no question that people can "settle" into something that looks good, but isn't the best they can do. The problem is: when do you decide that what you have is good enough to stop looking? A diligent person can look and say: "this is good, but not the best I can do". And you can spend a lifetime with someone with the thought lurking in the back of your mind that you could have done better. Viv could have done OK with Steve if she hadn't met her soldier/CPA and maybe had a somewhat tumultuous life with him (until he cheated on her and she was forced to move on - or live with the cheating). She had the courage to move on before she made that mistake. Now she has a love that appears to be exactly what she needs and wants. But what if she keeps looking (she's only 22 - lots of time to keep hunting)? Isn't she short-changing herself? The problem is that you can get to be well along in life and still think there's something better. And you can't go back and say that an earlier love was the right one. When you get out of the race you're done with the earlier laps. Life only goes one way. A story like this makes you think. 5*

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardabout 3 years ago

excellent story... thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Deserves 15 stars

Great story. All the elements, believable characters, drama, danger and a happy ending. Not at all sappy either. Perfect pacing. One of the best romance stories in years on Lit.

Thanks very much for such an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Overcritical, you aren't wrong. People waste their 20s and 30s trying to find that soul mate feeling which in reality is just hormone overload which influences perception. Those feelings fade overtime and then the rose colored glasses come off. Sometimes it's a relationship that lasts and othertimes it's a disaster at worst, sad and depressing at best. I have known people to leave perfectly stable and happy relationships because of that "feeling." I don't generally handle relationship problems in my practice but like everything there is overlap at times. Seen it far too many times. Sometimes you can get back what you left behind but it's rare and never the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you 5*?

You must be pretty happy.

Normally I find myself voting higher than he does in part to offset his snarky and mean comments/votes. In this case I’m going to offer a suggestion for improvement: She talked the talk but didn’t walk the walk. Twice she disappeared from his life with no warning or explanation. Once is shame on you but twice is shame on me. After the storm/rescue, a woman in love would have moved heaven and earth to let the guy know how she felt. It’s only 65 miles from Ann Arbor to East Lansing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago
A very nice romance.

Thanks for the work to write and post this for us readers.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Lovely Romance Really

Yes a couple of uneasy bits especially Viv disappearing after he was hospitalised but if it gave her the opportunity to find out her fiance was a real mutton head and the opportunity to realise where her true feelings were then so much the better; and probably less chance of her questioning herself later in life. Although it came out later, the hospital treatment and the help at university had been organised by either Viv or her father so she obviously cared about him. It just took her time to work it all out in her own head.

Perhaps Sean should have made an effort to contact her but there again as he was hospitalised you'd have thought she would visit.

Loved the scene in the cafe when they did get together. I found that very amusing and well written.

Overall great. An unusual story in quite a few ways. Definitely worth 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Honestly, the pacing of this is kind of all over the place and Viv is kind of the worst and Sean is kind of a doormat but. It's still pretty decently written and a pretty good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Meh - predictable. Guy is envisioned by the writer as a 21st c galahad, girl as a wannabe feminist looking for a guy to "let" her come into her own. After a while, just sorta boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Merely OK. Poor spelling always pulls me out of a story. “Lightning” is the electrical weather event. “Lightening” makes things weigh less. But I literally guffawed when “she messaged her tummy”.

JoshFrom53JoshFrom53over 2 years ago

If, one day, I can write a story as good as this, I'll be a very happy man.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

A touchstone for romance.

You write spectacular stories.

raucousraucousover 2 years ago

Very sweet. Thank you for sharing it with us.

G5902G5902over 2 years ago

Thank you again!!! I thoroughly enjoy reading this story it was one of my very favorite love stories!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I really liked the story, but the Viv character seemed a little shallow, she quickly took back her fiancé not only once but twice and then she wasn't at the hospital when Sean was being treated and that was not very caring and her part. Yes, she did things for him getting her dad to help him, but I question her sincerity and whether she truly cared for him. But yet she did end up with Sean and it did have a happy ending. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really nice and well-written story. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, the story is good, writing is good, but I didn't like the girlfriend. She seems flighty, too immature to take serious. Way too leaky a vessel to place your love and trust within.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A wonderful love story. Even better with so much nudity. Great job. It made me laugh at times and I cried at tlmes when Sean slowed his love for Viv. Many thanks for a fun story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It was a great story…. Except for the Hawaiian pizza thing. Omg that stuff is horrible.

DCW

ChopinesqueChopinesque8 months ago

Beautiful romantic story. Both characters breathe with reality.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous