The Lake House

Story Info
New neighbor needs a lawn service.
8.8k words
4.75
33.9k
47

Part 1 of the 14 part series

Updated 04/14/2024
Created 10/15/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pdiddyd55
pdiddyd55
249 Followers

I grew up in upper Michigan. My parents owned a house with a view of a large lake. The lake itself covered 20 square miles. The house had a view, it was not on the lake. Across the street on a large lot, through the trees, there was a small house. Behind that house was the lake. The lake was a hub of activity in the summer time with people from downstate coming up to water ski, laze on their pontoon boats and race around on the jet skis. There were a couple of public beach areas for local residents that didn't have water front property, and that is where I spent most of my summers until the age of 16.

The year before I turned 16, the gentleman that owned that house across the street passed away. His wife decided to sell the property and move into town closer to her daughter and grandchildren. She had offered the property to her daughter and son-in-law (at least that was the rumor), but they couldn't afford the upkeep or the taxes, so had to pass. The mother wound up selling to a gentleman from downstate. The house that was on the property was at least 50 years old, and needed repairs. The gentleman decided to tear the house down and rebuild. This had been happening more often lately. Rumor was that he planned on building a large house. As usual, there was grumbling from the local residents about the changing landscape. Some people said it was his land, and he could build any type of home that he liked. The property was zoned for single family homes only, so it wasn't like he was going to build a hotel, or apartment house.

My father had passed away a few years before this, so it was just my mother and me in the house now. One afternoon, after I had got home from school, there was a knock on our front door. I answered it, and found a man, probably in his 30s (?). He inquired if my parents were home.

JACK: Hold on. I'll get my mother.

My mother, Helen, had just gotten home from work herself. She was a nurse and usually worked the early shift in the ER at the local hospital. She had just started preparing dinner. She went to the door to find out what the gentleman wanted.

BILL: Hello. I'm just going around to introduce myself. My name is Bill Williams, and I own the land across the road where the construction is going on.

HELEN: Well, hello Mr. Williams. My name is Helen Palmer, and that was my son, Jack that answered the door. Can I offer you a cup of coffee?

BILL: Thank you. That would be nice.

My mother invited him in, and had him take a seat.

HELEN: Jack, keep Mr. Williams company while I make a couple of cups of coffee. Do you take cream or sugar (looking at Bill).

BILL: I take it black, thank you and please call me Bill.

Bill sat down in a chair, and I sat on the couch.

BILL: I assume that you are in high school Jack?

JACK: Yes sir. I'm a sophomore.

BILL: Sir is not necessary. I'd appreciate it if you would call me Bill.

JACK: Yes sir, I mean Bill.

BILL: I have loved this lake for years. My parents used to rent a place on the other side of the lake when I was younger. I can't believe that I found a place of my own here.

My mother walked in with a couple of cups of coffee on a tray and a couple of plates of cookies. She handed a cup to Bill, and put a plate of cookies on the table next to him, then placed her cup and the other plate on the table in front of us.

HELEN: I'm sorry Jack, would you like a pop?

JACK: Yes, but I'll get it.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a Coke from the fridge and returned to the living room.

HELEN: I heard what you told Jack about staying up here in the summers. Do you know whose house you stayed in?

BILL: I've driven around the lake a couple of times. I think the house is no longer there. It seems to have been torn down, and a huge house has been put in its place. It doesn't seem to fit the lake. I can't remember the name of the people that we rented it from.

HELEN: There has been quite a bit of that going on around the lake. I must tell you that the neighbors have been worried about the structure that you're putting up.

BILL: Well, that is the main reason that I am trying to meet the neighbors. I spoke with the Peters a couple of doors down and they mentioned the same fear to me. While the house I'm planning on building is going to be large, much larger than a single guy needs, it will only be one story. I was lucky in that the property covers 3 acres, so I have plenty of room to put a ranch house on it. I hope that the final product will be more in keeping with the serenity of the area.

HELEN: That sounds nice. I look forward to seeing the progress of the construction. Once I heard the house was going up for sale, I assumed that the old house would be torn down. I'm so happy that you're trying to have your house blend in with the locals. Did you hire an architect and do you have drawings?

BILL: I do, but those are back home right now. There will be 4 bedrooms, an office, and I intend on putting an indoor pool along the back of the house, so that when I come up in the winters, I'll be able to swim. I use swimming as my aerobic exercise.

HELEN: Jack loves to swim too. He and his friends usually bike up to the park about a mile up the road in the summers.

BILL: Actually, I was wanting to meet Jack. When I was speaking with the Peters, I asked them about any local kids that they thought might be interested in mowing my lawn, and taking care of the pool when I'm not around.

That got my attention.

BILL: Of course, if Jack agrees, he is welcome to use the pool if he likes as well. There will eventually be a dock, and if he and his friends want to swim off the dock, instead of going down to the park, that would be fine with me as well. Within limits of course. I wouldn't want any parties, or underage drinking there.

HELEN: That is a big lot. All we have is a push mower. I'm not sure Jack could handle that much land with that mower. I guess that I could buy a self-propelled mower for him. What do you think, honey?

Like I said, I was 15 at the time, and still only 5'5" tall. I barely weighed 120 pounds.

JACK: Can I ask how much I would get paid?

BILL: Good question. First off, I plan on having a riding mower there, so you wouldn't need to buy another unless you want to do so for your lot. I was thinking about $50 a week to mow the lawn and $25 to take care of the pool. I'll make the sure the deck of the mower can be raised, so that if you wanted to bring it across the road and mow this lawn, you could do so.

JACK: I don't know how to take care of a pool, but I'm willing to learn.

$75 a week during the summer, and $25 during the winter months. I wondered if Ma would make me put it in the bank for school?

HELEN: Are you planning on spending much time up here, Bill?

BILL: As much time as my work allows. I work in IT in Oakland County. I have a home down there, but I really like the quiet up here. Hopefully, every weekend and several weeks during the summer. Eventually, I would like to move up here full time if I can figure out how to do that.

HELEN: Well, Jack and I will discuss it. Would you mind giving me a phone number where we can contact you?

BILL: Absolutely.

He reached in his pocket and took out a business card. The card had the name of Williams and Associates on it.

HELEN: Your company?

BILL: Yes. I graduated with a computer engineering degree, and managed to write a software program as one of my first projects. I got lucky, and hit it big with that. I started my own company and hired a few programmers and IT experts. Now we have contracts with several companies in the Detroit area, and are expanding out.

HELEN: Jack was thinking of going into engineering.

BILL: Oh. Do you know which field, Jack?

JACK: I know that I want to build or design things. I'm actually thinking of architecture or engineering.

BILL: Are you going to Michigan?

JACK: I hope so, if I can get in. I understand that their requirements are pretty high.

BILL: It's a great school. That is where I went. Well, I've taken up enough of your time. I look forward to seeing you again, and meeting your husband.

HELEN: I'm a widow Bill.

BILL: I'm sorry. The Peters never mentioned that to me, and I just assumed.

HELEN: Don't worry about it. Its been a couple of years now and there is no way you could of known.

BILL: Please, talk this over with Jack and let me know.

HELEN: I am curious about why you just wouldn't hire a landscaping company to take care of your property and a pool service?

BILL: I will have a landscaping company taking care of the shrubs and trees, but I just prefer to have someone nearby that I can count on for other things, like the pool. I figured mowing the lawn was a good way to handle that. I was hoping to have neighbors that could notify me of anything that might be happening with the property if I was not around, and finding work for neighbor kids is my way of giving back.

HELEN: I like that. Jack and I will discuss it, and let you know.

Mother showed him to the door, and thanked him for stopping by. He inquired about the properties on either side of his, and mother told him that like him, they were people from downstate that spent a lot of time here in the summer, but not much time other than that.

BILL: Do they live down in the Detroit area?

HELEN: I believe the Walkers do.

BILL: If you have contact information for them, maybe you could pass mine along to them. I could meet them down there.

HELEN: I'm afraid that I barely know them, but they should be up here this weekend. They are here most weekends from April until October.

BILL: Well. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

After Bill left, mother went back to making dinner and I did my homework. My mother was dating a man, Jim, and he was coming over for dinner. Jim was a deputy with the local sheriff's department. Mother filled him in on our discussion.

JIM: Something doesn't seem right about this. Would you mind if I checked up on him? I can make some calls.

HELEN: He seems like a nice guy, but I think I would feel better if you checked. Thank you.

A couple of days later, Jim reported to mother that nothing popped up on a background check into Bill. Mother asked me if I was interested in taking the job. I said yes.

The construction proceeded through the summer. In addition to tearing down the old house, they thinned the trees out on the property. When the house was finished, it looked like a large pavilion in the middle of a park, except that it had a 2 car garage attached AND an additional 3 gar garage off to the side. Mother said that the neighbors were amazed with the final product. Even though the building was spread out, and because of the pool area across the back, the roofline was higher than a typical ranch home, the lot was so large that, with the trees removed, the views of the lake from the road were spectacular.

True to his word, Bill had purchased a riding mower. The landscaping company taught me how to use it and suggested how to best work my way around the lawn. The house was ready to move into in the Fall. I came home from school on a Friday, to see a big tanker truck in Bills drive. It was delivering the water for his pool. It never occurred to me that he would have to have the water shipped in.

I had purchased a cell phone with the money that Bill had been paying me for the lawn. Walking home from the bus stop, I received a text from him: Jack. The pool is being filled today. Could you come over this weekend and I can show you how to treat and care for the pool?

I spoke with my mother when she came home from work. She had no plans for us this weekend. So I texted back: I planned on mowing the lawn in the morning. I can stick around after if that will work for you.

Bill's response: Perfect. I'll see you tomorrow.

I arrived at 9AM. I had a code for the separate garage, where the mower was stored. When I opened the garage door, I saw a new Bronco there as well. Bill normally drove a Camaro convertible. I just assumed he bought a new vehicle. I couldn't understand his getting rid of the convertible. It was a sweet car.

I fired the mower up and started on the front lawn. The trees out front had been thinned down enough and there was a good deal of mulch around the bases, so it was easy to work my way between them, so I didn't need to use a push mower until I hit the back yard. Once I finished out front, I rode the mower to the back. Bill was back there with another guy. They were on the patio and it looked like they were having breakfast. I waved and continued to finish the back. Bill had said that he liked to have the grass edged along the paver walk to the front door, and around the patio (also done in concrete pavers). I grabbed the string trimmer and did the trimming. I always did the driveway as well. Then, I blew the clippings back onto the lawn, then joined Bill in back.

He introduced me to his nephew, Peter. Peter had driven the Camaro up, while Bill had driven the Bronco. Bill explained that he was leaving the Bronco here, so that he had a 4WD up here when he needed it.

BILL: I've got another job for you Jack.

JACK: Ok. What can I do for you?

BILL: If your mother is ok with it, I'd like you to drive the Bronco around the lake once a week, just to keep it moving. Once the snow starts flying, I only want you to drive when the roads are clear though.

JACK: I don't think that will be a problem.

I had gotten my driver's license this last Summer, when I turned 16. We didn't have a car for me to drive, so I was looking forward to driving the Bronco.

JACK: I'll check with my mother if you like, but I can't imagine her objecting.

BILL: I was thinking about grilling some burgers here tonight. You, your mother and Jim are invited to join us if you can. Of course, if you want to bring a date, that is fine as well.

I hadn't had much luck with dating. At least, not yet. The girls gravitated to the jocks. I didn't play any sports. I had grown another inch since I met Bill, so I was now 5'6. I still had problem keeping weight on.

BILL: Have you walked through the house since the furniture was delivered?

JACK: No. I wouldn't go in without you asking.

BILL: I had an alarm installed. I'll give you the code. You're welcome in the house anytime. Just, no parties. Understood?

JACK: Understood.

BILL: Come on. I'll walk you through.

Peter stayed behind. He was reading something on his iPad. When we entered the pool area, off of the patio, the first thing that I noticed was a complete gym setup at one end.

JACK: Wow. That is impressive.

BILL: Do you workout? You're welcome to use the equipment.

JACK: I don't know how to use any of that. I'd like to learn.

BILL: Peter and I have already had our workout this morning. Why don't you come over tomorrow morning about 8, and I can show you how to use the equipment?

JACK: Really? Thank you. I would like that.

Bill walked me through the house. As impressive as it was outside, I was blown away by the inside. The kitchen and great room were in the middle. The north side of the house was where the 3 guest rooms were located. All had queen size beds. One had its own bath. The other two shared a bath.

On the south side of the house, is where Bill's office and Master Bedroom were located. The entrance to the garage was at this end of the house as well. Bill's bathroom had a shower big enough for 6 people with a couple of shower heads. The basement was under the whole living area. He had a theater down here, along with all of the mechanicals for the house.

BILL: I've got a couple of sump pumps down here, but if you could check it when you work on the pool, that would help me.

There was a room at the far end. I asked what was in there?

BILL: I haven't decided what I'm going to do with that, yet.

Bill had decided. It was going to be an adult playroom. Jack did not need to know about that, and there was a lock on the door. The key Jack would receive, wouldn't work in that lock.

We went back up to the pool area, and Bill explained what I needed to do for the pool. There was a clipboard on the wall with a worksheet explaining each duty. He walked me through each step.

BILL: I plan on being up here again next weekend, so I'll help you with everything again next week, but your salary is increased as of this week.

JACK: I meant to ask you about that. I saw $100 go into my account yesterday?

BILL: Yes. I decided that $25 wasn't enough for the pool work. So you'll be receiving $100 a week from now on. When the snow starts falling, after you clean your own drive and walk, I'd like you to come over and clear my front walk as well. There will be a service cleaning the drive. Is that ok?

JACK: Yes. I can always use some extra cash.

BILL: Your mother said that she was requiring you to put half in your savings for college?

JACK: Yes. I wanted to save for a car, but she said college was more important.

BILL: I agree. Even if you get scholarships, college life can be expensive.

I got a call from my mother.

HELEN: Hi Jack. I was just wondering when you would be back here.

JACK: I think that we're almost done. Bill has invited us and Jim over for burgers tonight.

HELEN: May I speak with him?

Bill and Helen discussed this on my phone. We would be coming back about 6 for those burgers.

Mother brought a pasta salad, and Jim brought a 12 pack of beer. After dinner, mother even allowed me to have a beer. It was my first. I guess it's an acquired taste.

We returned to my house at 9. I went to my room, while Jim and Ma talked in the living room.

JIM: Did you notice during the tour that there were no clothes in any of the guest rooms?

HELEN: What did you do? Snoop in the closets?

JIM: Yes and no. I looked. I didn't snoop. I just wondered where Peter's clothes were?

HELEN: Oh. What do you think?

JIM: I think that Peter is not Bill's nephew, but that is really none of my business. It was just an observation.

Meanwhile, in Bill's house, Bill was busy drilling Peter's ass. Peter was his nephew, but they realized last year that that didn't matter to either one of them. Bill was 33, 6'2 and 190 pounds. He used the gym at his house and planned on using it here. He liked to stay in shape. Peter was 22, 5'11 and 165 pounds. He enjoyed spending time with his uncle, because Bill had an 8 inch cock that hit all the right places. Peter enjoyed topping as well, but Bill never bottomed, so Peter had to go elsewhere for this activity. When he was with Bill, Bill treated him well, and paid for everything. Giving up his ass every night was not a chore. It was a pleasure. Once each guy had cum, they talked.

PETER: Jack is quite a twink. I would love to tap that ass.

BILL: He is off limits. He is only 16. You don't want to spend any time in the jails up here. And that boyfriend of Helen's is a sheriff. Remember that.

PETER: Ok. I was just commenting.

I was back at 8AM. Bill showed the different weight machines, explained how to adjust the bench for the free weights (he had a whole set of barbells), then walked me through the treadmill, elliptical and rowing machine. Peter was working out as Bill was explaining everything. When Peter was done, he removed his gym shorts and shirt, and rinsed himself off under a shower that was here as well. I looked, but tried not to stare.

BILL: Peter! Why don't you do that inside.

Peter looked at me, gathered up his things and said "Sorry". He walked through the sliding doors into Bill's bedroom. I didn't think anything about that.

BILL: When you're here by yourself, feel free to use that shower. You can rinse off before taking a swim.

JACK: Thanks. I hadn't even noticed the shower head until Peter turned it on.

pdiddyd55
pdiddyd55
249 Followers