The Last Bridge in Pittsburgh Ch. 01

Story Info
A man living in the near future makes a startling discovery.
2.7k words
4.45
25.4k
54

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Another Thursday night, another magical date with Sara. I have always been really bad at coming up with ideas for dates - frankly, until Sara, 'Netflix and Chill' was the game to beat - but somehow she always had an innovative, fun, and surprisingly inexpensive set of activities in mind. In the past, she'd taken me hiking to a speakeasy deep in the hills, underground bowling in an abandoned warehouse run by an urban commune... Thankfully for me, though, today was pretty relaxed by comparison. Somehow she'd found someone with a canoe, and we were paddling lazily down what remained of the Monongahela, through the city.

Near the first bridge ruins, I turned, sat in the bottom of the boat leaning against the seat, and looked up at my still-new girlfriend. She smiled at me with a far away look before continuing to lazily paddle and watch the skyline.

Good lord, what had I gotten myself into. Sara was a whole new kind of girl for me, and I honestly couldn't figure out if I was in love with her or scared of what she represented. Well, it was definitely both. But I was scared because she was the first person I had ever dated that I could see myself actually 'settling down with' - hell, even marrying. She was kind, hardworking, thoughtful, adventurous... and, let's not fuck around, well out of my league. I was literally shocked someone like her was with someone like me. But that was also the problem - with someone as incredible as Sara, getting married, buying a house, hell, maybe even kids - seemed inevitable. And that scared the shit out of me.

Well, not that we'd ever be able to afford a house or kids. But you get the idea. Change is scary, mortality doubly so. Love, most of all. And I was starting to love her, I think.

Sara broke my reverie, turning to see me staring at her.

"It's too bad - next year they will start the river redirection and we won't be able to do this for a while".

Sara was an environmental engineer at a firm downtown specializing in solar panels. Her dream job, though it paid shockingly little for a gig with engineer in the title.

"Can you explain the whole thing again?" I asked. "I'm not really sure I get it". To tell the truth, I didn't really care about the Pittsburgh Watershed Redevelopment Plan, but she had this wonderful joy when describing something that always seem to infect me as well. Most of all, when she talked about stuff in her field, she really made you believe that everything was going to be OK - the droughts, the heatwaves, everything - what could stand up to this stunning genius and her boundless optimism?

Sara launched into a eulogy for the Allegheny river and an explanation of everything the city was up to. I dangled my feet in the water, my knees awkwardly over each side of the boat. It felt nice in the evening heat. I closed my eyes and relaxed, opening them to ask the occasional question or smile at her gesticulating.

"Anyway", she finished, "You're only trying to distract me from this weekend. I can't believe I'm going to miss your birthday to clean out a house with my stupid baby sister."

"That's OK! It'll let me avoid telling you how old I really am." I winked. Really, I was only four years older than her, and that didn't mean anything when you were both in your late twenties.

"Oh hush! Well, I'm sorry - and I'm really so thankful you're coming next week to help, by the way - but I was planning on throwing you a party or something. It's too bad."

"That's OK - Jokes aside, I really am too old for parties. And who would we have invited, anyway? I probably would've liked a nice night in, though."

I saw a twinkle in her eye. She knew what that was (not particularly cryptic) code for - I was constantly trying to do dates at my place, not because I'm a homebody but rather because her adventurous form of dating never seemed to leave much time for fooling around.

"I tell you what" she dropped he voice very low, glancing around as if anybody else were near us on the water. "Seeing as it is your birthday soon, and seeing as you're being so great about moving all my parent's stuff - I was wondering if you'd like to try doing a blowjob."

"Doing a...?" I grinned at her awkward turn of phrase, ecstatic but amused.

"Getting one! You know what I mean!" she laughed. "Sorry, I'm not good at talking about this stuff" She poked me with the paddle.

"I can think of no other birthday present I'd like more! Maybe after dinner we can drop by my place?"

----

The rest of the night was magical, because of course it was. There was a pop-up brewery going on the slopes of the Point State Park that gave a neat view of the dikes on the Ohio, their construction equipment and the windmills in out in Hannover silhouetted against a vivid fall sunset. A couple confused cicadas struggled out of hibernation to serenade us. We drank a little and talked - about the university where I worked as a lab tech at the school of pharmacology, (I wasn't fulfilled but I had no idea where else I'd get pay and benefits that good) about how she was going to have to put up with her sister for a week (and worse, live with her in the same city for four years), and how my government-assigned townhouse's renovation was going (slowly).

By the time we got in the car, I had almost forgotten her earlier promise out on the water. But I remembered immediately when she kissed my neck, a signature move for her. We spent the ride kissing, and upon being dropped off, hurried down to the basement where I had been sleeping during the gutting of the floors above. She giggled a bit while I fumbled with the keys, sneaking furtive glances into the neighbors windows. Only she would think that anyone cared. Frankly, when we started dating and she leveled with me about her upbringing and her inexperience in the bedroom, I had been expecting to find myself quickly annoyed. Somehow in her, though, her exuberant innocence was endearing.

Inside, she pushed me down on the bed, and shucked my pants off, and, keeping her eyes on mine, reached into my pants and fished me out.

"Mmmm, I love how big your cock is..." she purred, slowly, squeezing me loosely as I grew inside her hand.

"I'm rather a fan of it myself" I chuckled back at her. She'd clearly been trying to work on her sexy talk, which I appreciated. Truth be told, I was definitely average - but no need to tell her.

"So... how do I do this? I guess I've read stories, but they don't exactly tell you how"

I smiled and sat up. "Do you remember what I told you when you started, uh... giving me handjobs?" I asked, conscious of the fact that I sounded like a highschooler. "The principle's totally the same, even if you're using a different part of you."

She looked up at me puzzled, so I continued. "Basically, the key is pressure and movement."

"Oh... How do I do that while sucking?" Sara's face scrunched up a little more in thought.

"Don't worry too much about sucking when you start. For the life of me, I don't know why the phrase 'sucking' is used for such a nice activity" I laughed. "Linguistics aside, I had a buddy who - well, I won't go into detail, but he was with someone who thought sucking just... meant sucking really hard, and he got a burst blood vessel and had to go to the ER."

Sara stopped stroking me and I realized I was going down unhelpful tangents.

"Anyway, point is, suction is just one way to create some pressure. But, you could do that with your lips or your tongue regardless. Or even your throat, though we probably should wait to try that".

Hopefully, I thought, we could try sooner rather than later. I really missed the good throatfucks I had gotten from some of my exes. But, one had to take little steps with girls like Sara, and she was well worth the wait.

"Really, there's lots of right ways to do this. You should just experiment and see what feels fun for you. I'll give plenty of feedback"

While I was speaking, Sara's eyes had become transfixed on my cock as she stroked it, slower and slower.

"Are there any... wrong ways to do this?" she asked, slowly.

"No teeth!"

"Roger that!" she giggled, breaking from her reverie.

She slid off her perch on the bed and sank to her knees in front of me. Wow, there was a sight for the ages. Hopefully she'd let me fool around with her some afterwards so she'd want to do more of this, I thought. Maybe I could talk her into letting me eat her out during the road trip next week. I'd do whatever I had to do to see more of Sara on her knees.

"Happy Birthday!" she smiled, and began, tentatively, licking me.

--

To be honest, it was not, strictly speaking, a GOOD blowjob. To be totally scientific about it, it was kinda bad. But the problem was strictly one of technique - Sara went about her self-assigned task with terrific energy and focus. That was incredibly hot on its own. Even sexier was the way she would stop - about every thirty seconds - and earnestly ask for feedback, enthusiastically folding it in.

"Is this what you meant by pressure?"

"Do you like the tongue?"

"Where is the most sensitive?"

And so forth. I was pleasantly surprised that Sara, who had been so timid when she first suggested she jerk me off during our sixth date last year, seemed so comfortable now embarking on the next stage of "sex".

Whatever her thought process, Sara was now sucking my cock the way she'd tackle one of her assignments in her lab at work - start with a positive attitude, gather lots of data, iterate quickly, and move with determination.

For my part, besides answering her questions cheerfully, I gave her lots of positive feedback. Some verbal, but I also found that most women liked hearing their partner moan, so I made sure to make a little noise, especially when she came across something that felt good. I especially moaned encouragements when she would make little tentative bobs an inch or so down my cock.

All in all, more of a tutorial than an actual blowjob. But, in a weird way, very fun. And, again, enthusiasm is sexy. Before I knew it, I was almost ready to cum. I fell back on the bed from where I had been propped up on my elbows and was about to relax into it when I realized - oh no - Sara was new to this. She'd probably hate jizz in the mouth.

My head snapped up, fear in my eyes, and began to warn her. "I'm about to -" Her eyes grew wide.

Alas! It was too late. I came in her mouth, with her lips sealed around my tip. Harder than I had been expecting, given the situation. Perhaps that little bit of last minute panic was an aphrodisiac. I fell back on the bed, my body doing that twitching thing you do when sex feels really good. I briefly lost the ability to structure my brain.

When I came to - probably only a few seconds later - I looked up, again, my panic reborn. What I saw, though, gave me some pause before I started panicking again.

Sara continued to kneel between my legs, staring at my cock. A thin line of saliva still connected me with her lips. For a moment, I thought she was furious, then, that she was catching her breath.

But... her eyes were all wrong. Vacant. Distant. I'd seen folks who came out of Florida who looked like that last year - gazing transfixed at something a thousand miles off, never able to tear themselves away. Shit, had I traumatized her?

"Sara... you're alright?" I asked, trying to sound concerned, upbeat, and caring simultaneously.

"I'm alright" she said. And something about her tone was so... alien. That's the moment when I knew something was truly odd. Her voice had this... light, effortless, detached quality.

"You're OK?" I asked again, now more curious than afraid.

"I'm OK." She replied, in the same cheery monotone as before.

Had I... triggered something? What was going on?

"You didn't mind?" I asked. She remained silent, her head swaying a little on her neck. I tried again. "You didn't mind me cumming in your mouth?"

"I didn't mind you cumming in my mouth".

OK, that was uncanny. But also, she was just repeating what I was saying, really. I decided to ask her something that would require a bit of thought.

"How are you feeling?"

No response again. Huh.

"You really liked sucking my cock." An actual statement, this time. My earlier questions basically had been statements.

"I really liked sucking your cock"

So, she'd repeat statements. I waved my hand in front of her face. She seemed peaceful, so I don't think she was traumatized. I wonder if continuing to talk to her would wake her from... well, not a trance, but. Whatever it was. I was pondering this when she blinked. And then, suddenly, I watched her eyes come to life. And Sara was back.

"Sara! How are you? How are you feeling?" I repeated my question.

"Wow! I really had fun! It's more challenging than I thought, honestly. How was it for you?" She asked, her voice sparkling.

I blinked. What had just happened?

"That was... really good, you were incredible. Thank you so much" I slid up the bed, patting the space beside me. She came up and lay beside me, not snuggling like I wanted but propped up on her arm.

"I'm really glad! I thought I'd be terrible, frankly - I only sometimes finish you when I use my hand, you know, and it's my first time. Thanks for all the feedback, it was really helpful."

She seemed totally fine. Should I say anything about her... senior moment?

"Sorry for cumming without warning - it really snuck up on me. I guess you've got some talent!" I said, trying to stay light.

"I didn't mind you cumming in my mouth" And there, all of a sudden, it was again. Much fainter, almost imperceptible really. A hint of that same bright monotone. And if I wasn't mistaken, the same words she had echoed back to me just a moment ago.

I tried not to knit my brow too intensely. She could sometimes be private about things - I'm sure she'd tell me what had happened when she was ready. I opened my arm and she snuggled in, and we began our comfortable routine of necking and pawing at each other. Only after about fifteen minutes of this did either of us come up for air.

"Would you be interesting in me... reciprocating?" I asked. "Going down on you, I mean."

"Oh! Err, maybe not tonight." She glanced at her watch. "I have to get going if I'm going to be back before my roommates ask questions. Anyway, I think we should perfect this before we move on."

I protested a little. "We can... work on both at the same time? Us feeling good is not mutually exclusive." I laughed, and she chuckled too.

"No, I suppose not. Anyway, I should get going."

I helped her collect her things and gave her a kiss and then a hug at the door.

"I had a great time tonight" I said, mid-hug. "Thanks for the canoe trip and... haha, and for the blowjob. You're really quite a talent!"

And then, before I could laugh again or give her another kiss goodnight, the happy monotone was back.

"I really liked sucking your cock"

With that, she was gone.

OK, what was going on?

--

This is the first story I've written after reading Literotica from a very young age many years ago. Please email me critiques, compliments, suggestions, or any other thoughts through my profile, they will be invaluable in improving my writing.