The Last Bridge in Pittsburgh Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just so you're clear -" She began inspecting the wound somewhat roughly. "I think you're cute, but I'm not looking for a relationship or anything."

The funny thing, I wasn't either - with her, anyway - but somehow that made a little lump in my throat. She'd been right earlier - rejection always sucks.

"Well, you should know that I -" I began stiffly, only to be cut off.

"Oh don't worry, I know, you're fucking other folks. I've seen that pretty girl with the auburn hair come by. What's her name?" She continued, the question apparently rhetorical. "I'm just making my situation clear. I'm clearly too hung up on my ex, y'know? I'm only rated for meaningless fun right now."

"I feel you there." I said, and stuck out my good hand. "Friends? And maybe fuckbuddies?"

"I was going to say, neighbors with benefits?" We both laughed.

"Do you realize - this is the second time this week you've patched me up?" I asked, wincing a little as she daubed at me with disinfectant.

"It is? Oh, the hand. I forgot, I guess. I do this a lot for folks in the neighborhood - someone seems to have told everyone I'm an EMT." She peeled a large bandaid out of its wrapper and onto my wound. "I guess someone need to be more careful."

"I'm not sure this one was my fault. Someone was humping a little too hard for that poor old couch."

"Let's not go apportioning blame." Kate retorted, shoving the first aid kit aside and swinging her leg over mine to sit in my lap. "Now, where were we?"

I stretched to kiss on her neck and got in a couple nips before she pushed me back in the chair.

"I forgot about something - wait here - be right back!" She dashed back up to her roofdeck, above mine. Shortly she returned, with something in her hand.

"I never thanked you for bringing wine!" She tumbled down the steps back to me, fumbling with a bottle opener as she went.

"Oh, uh, I don't actually have glasses, I figured you-" In the last hour or so I had forgotten all about the wine. It was remarkable how one could loose track of big developments in one's life when kissing a pretty woman.

"No worries." Kate got the cork out of the bottle and took a deep swig. For a moment, time stood still as she was silhouetted against the light of the construction sites downriver.

And then, after an eternity of suspense, her face went slack, her eyes empty. Just like Sara.

"Kate? Come sit down."

Kate turned and sat in the chair next to me somewhat stiffly.

"Take a few more sips from the bottle." I didn't know how much of a dose she'd gotten, or how much that mattered.

What next. Well, I had come up with a simple set of commands for Gretchen, back when that was the plan. Lines to test long-term commands, and to ensure I had access to do additional tests. But with Kate...

"You had a good time with me tonight."

"I had a good time with you tonight."

"You're glad you came on to me."

"I'm glad I came on to you."

"Kissing me felt good."

"Kissing you felt good."

"Kissing me turned you on."

"Kissing you turned me on."

Well, that was fulfilling to hear, I thought.

"You look forward to exploring this more."

"I look forward to exploring this more."

"You enjoy my presence. You'll look for opportunities to be around me."

"I enjoy your presence. I'll look for opportunities to be around you."

"You'll fantasize about me."

"I'll fantasize about you."

"You'll fantasize about sucking my cock."

"I--" Shudder, shake, shake.

Damn, that was the hardest a subject had ever rejected a suggestion. I decided not to push my luck on that front for now.

"You fantasize about me eating you out."

"I fantasize about you eating me out."

Thank goodness, someone would accept head from me, even if it wasn't my girlfriend.

"You fantasize about fucking me." Worth a shot.

"I fantasize about fucking you."

"You fantasize about my cock in you."

"I fantasize about your cock in me."

I was interrupted by my bedtime reminder. I moved to silence it, and when I looked back towards Kate, she showed the signature signs of waking up, looking around quizzically before seeing my phone with its reminder of the time still on screen.

"Good lord - it's so late. I have a shift in the morning - do you mind? I need to get some sleep or I'll be a zombie."

She pecked me on the cheek and scrambled back up the steps to her part of the roof before turning back to look at me.

"Are you free tomorrow afternoon?"

---

Authors' note - Please reach out with feedback, comments, suggestions or other thoughts! Your input is very useful in improving my writing and deciding where to head next!


12