The Last Hydra

Story Info
A dragon allows a hydra to continue her bloodline...
7.3k words
4.5
14.2k
18
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

****

The Last Hydra

Xigfeldo mused before the portal, the shimmering oval of green and blue highlighting the silver tones in his scales more than the black, turning him from darkness to light as the level of subtle illumination increased. Starting at his maw, the trickle of light followed the lines between his scales, startling them into silver, slowly spreading down the entire length of his body as he languished in it, approaching with the knowledge that his magic would hold the portal open for as long as he needed it to be held. That was one of the benefits, after all, to being one of his species.

Strong muscles defined his scales, the silver accentuating a glittering delight along with the more pliable lines of spines down the back of his neck, meshed together and waving like a fluff of a mane, although it was much tougher than that even if it was a type of fur. Two horns pointing straight back with a gentle undulation on either side of his raised, dominant crest completed the ensemble of his physical being, although there was so much more to the dragon than mere physicality.

Sighing lightly, he eyed the portal, dubious on the edge of his homeland forest, the lake sparkling in the distance as if filled with a thousand rare gems of the finest cut and quality. Lush grass poked up through his claws and he growled lightly, snaking his head back and forth as if he had become a serpent too, paying tribute to the basest form of draconic heritage, times long gone by. Flowers and sensuality were, by far, not his thing, but that was all fine when it came to a little exploration, the mage shifting from one world to the next at will and with speed, although he always returned to his own at the end of a day to rest in his lair.

And the portal was so exciting, so enticing, the shimmering flicker inciting him to adventure. It was one thing to hunt and live a life as well as a dragon should but Xigfeldo was so much more than just a dragon, a drake that pushed the limits of all that presented itself to him, lies twisting together with the truth as was the mating dance of another type of dragons in his world. He could make his own world, if he so wished, but there were so many others to explore that he could take up lifetime after lifetime simply chasing each and every one of them down across the aeons of time and the fabric of it too.

Xigfeldo's eyes glittered. He wasn't looking for trouble, just a little excitement, maybe someone to talk to. And there were few that would turn down a drake like him on stepping through a portal into another world and realm.

Baring his teeth in a feral grin at the portal, he lifted his head high and tucked in his large wings to his back, tail swinging lightly and merrily. He stepped through without a second thought, leaving his world behind in a haze of brilliant light, colours flashing and sucking him away. For a moment, he floated even with his wings held in so close, the sensation of weightlessness proving not all that different to what a freefall may call to the forefront of one's mind at the depth of a fall.

The world that he took a path to, however, was more than a little strange. Gone were the meadows and the blue skies of where he had departed from as he entered a world of grey rocks and crags, caverns and canyons carved through a harsh and unforgiving landscape. The sky above roiled and writhed in stormy grey, clouds twisting together as if they were formed by some mighty beast that even a dragon would be wise to fear, thunder snarling in the distance, although he could be grateful that there was no lightning to be seen. Loose grit bunched up beneath his feet and he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth in brief annoyance, shaking it off only to have more, near enough instantly, cling to his paws as if that was simply the way of the world into which he had come.

Maybe he wouldn't stay there for too long, after all.

"As if there's much here," he said aloud, voice hollow with the hint of a hiss; it was always such a disappointment when an adventure did not quite pan out as expected. "It's deserted."

His voice echoed hollowly, eerily, off the face of the rocks and he slashed a paw along them experimentally, hissing when his claws caught and screeched. Even to his ears, the sound was obnoxious and he shook his head, backing off from rock that was so hard that his icy breath would not do much at all to it and, really, it was not worth the effort to experiment with testing the tenacity of the rock for the sake of mere curiosity. His claws had not even left a mark.

And leaving was just what he was about to do, with only his voice and bearing for company, when something caught his eye. It was not much, a subtle twitch of motion like a body that had worn itself down to the limit of quiet immobility, unable to remain quiet for even a moment longer. In a flash, he whipped around, a growl ripping itself from his lips as he put on his most dominantly ferocious glare, lips curling back from his teeth in a draconic snarl.

"Who goes there? Show yourself!"

Of course, it was an arrogant demand for one who had stepped into another's world but a dragon could only be held accountable to the laws and culture of his realm, the world that he knew more intimately than any other. When no answer was immediately forthcoming, the rocks staring forlornly, accusingly, back at him, he hunkered down, wings lifted over his shoulders and back as if he was trying to make himself seem larger and even more intimidating than he already was. There was little that could take down a dragon, in all fairness, but Xigfeldo hadn't gotten so far in life from underestimating opponents, however potential or imaginary they may or may not have been.

And then he saw her, even though he did not know she was such until her voice rose in a long, roiling hiss that rang through with a feminine air that could not be denied: stay away. The hydra had, somehow, become trapped under a fall of rocks with the bulk of the stones pinning down her thick, wieldy tail, her body boa-like and shimmering with green like the rarest emeralds in the tunnels of his home world. It was a wonder that he hadn't noticed her before but the scales that were on show were scuffed and dirtied with dust, even if that could not hide the true beauty beneath.

What could not be hidden, however, was her nine heads as they all reared threateningly, long, snake-like tongues flickering out to scent the air, although the lick of fear hung between them, tangible in its heaviness.

For several long moments, they paused there, staring at one another, neither beast willing to make the first move. Confident in himself -- she was only a hydra, hardly a type that was any threat to dragon-kind or him -- Xigfeldo folded his wings in down to his back, an eyebrow raised.

"What's happened to you to get stuck in there?"

Despite himself, he just couldn't keep the note of humour out of his voice, a warm chuckle rising up. Truly, she must have had some trick played on her by one of her kind or maybe even another dragon -- were there even dragons in this world? That was something he'd have to ask her but now his adventure had a little bit of a quest in it too, which was almost better than the sweetly intoxicating allure of good conversation.

But she didn't seem to consider it that way, pulling her head back and letting out an ear-splitting hiss, bobbing and weaving viciously, his eyes unable to focus on any one head. Hesitating for the first time, Xigfeldo held his step, one front foot raised, hovering in mid-air as he waited, a little perplexed, on her to make the next move. Not that she could go anywhere, stuck as she was, but it was the meaning behind it that counted.

"Why aren't you attacking me?" She hissed, heads weaving back and forth, his eyes flicking from one to the other to the next -- over and over. "You can do it... Get it over with, you brute!"

Xigfeldo pulled his head back, eyeing her up speculatively. Attacking?

"And just why would I want to do that?"

That seemed to draw her up short and the hydra blinked at him slowly, one of her several jaws hanging slack. That head seemed to be the dominant one and Xigfeldo fixed his eyes on it, not holding eye contact for too long; she did seem rather a flighty one or would be if not for her current predicament.

"I... Well..."

"My name is Xigfeldo," he said smoothly, closing the distance between them even as she, rather ineffectually, quailed, effectively cut off. "And I believe I may just very well be of some assistance."

Confident in his strength, he did not even reach for the pull of his magic as he leveraged his shoulder against the rocks, wings held high and out of the way so that they would not risk any damage in his rather strangely timed rescue attempt. The rock-fall had trapped her tail in a tricky position and, being a hydra of the more serpent-like type, it was of utmost importance in balancing and moving herself around, belly held close to the floor if not slithering over it most of the time.

All she did was shiver, not even trying to resist him as she pulled all nine of her heads as far away from him as possible, rocks shifting and jostling over her. Whether her end would come in his jaws or a blast of fire or even a well-placed boulder to truly crush her, she did not know, but that did not mean that she had to see her end coming.

And yet that end was not to come as her body wriggled free, snaking away instantly with a hiss and curling up behind another rock, although she left her heads wavering over the top as if in a fan. It was a rather deadly fan, however, with the sharp teeth and venom contained within too, all of which she could, really, unleash if she truly wanted to. And yet she did not, hunkering down and away while the dragon blinked at her, a low rumble of sigh rising from his gut.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you, so could you put the fangs away already? I just want to talk to you."

Xigfeldo could not have said that he was a dragon well-known for his patience and the hydra growled, lips vibrating along the edges of her sharp teeth. They lined her jaws like tiny, deadly daggers and yet the dragon could not find it in himself to be concerned at all, his abilities residing all within reach if he so needed to escape at any point. Although, something told him that this world was not quite as he may have otherwise expected it to be with relations between dragons and hydras to say the least.

Just a hunch. A big one.

"You're...not going to hurt me?"

The distrust was evident in her voice and all he could do was shake his head by way of reply.

"No... But you thought I would. I'm not from here. So, let's have a deal -- you don't hurt me and I don't hurt you. It's that simple."

She didn't have to think about it. It made sense, after all, that the dragon would have hurt her already if he had truly intended any sort of harm. A little of the tension remained in the lines of her coils, relaxation not flowing down the length of her serpentine body, but the polite distance between them remained, despite Xigfeldo settling down more comfortably onto his haunches. Discourse, he thought, may go a long way to finding out just what had happened there.

"What is your name? You have mine."

It took her a moment to respond, seeming to need time to work the words up from her throat.

"Svea," she said, quietly and simply. "And dragons are not like you here."

Her story was not elaborate, the pain of it perhaps too stringent and close to home for anything else. And it was one that she held close to what was left of the broken remains of her heart, curling in and snaking it in close and warm in her coils, heads tucked in where she could relay the stories of her past over and over again when the cold of a desperate winter night threatened to steal her away entirely to the afterlife.

And yet Xigfeldo could not concentrate, his eyes raking down the lines of her body, each one curving up into a beautiful neck and arch. Now that he had a moment in which to sit and contemplate what had drawn him there, given him pause amongst the rocks and the landscape against which the hydra now stood out like a rare jewel, he could smell it. Maybe that had been just why he'd chosen her realm to begin with, although that was, most likely, just a passing fancy of thought in his head, however nice it would be to believe that he had come to her through a sense of true purpose or destiny. No, it was a complete coincidence that her sweetly tart smell now flooded the air between them, a hidden allure that had, in his world, proven to be exceptionally potent to dragons in particular.

"What are you staring at?" Svea hissed, although there was no venom behind it as she bobbed her heads curiously. "You're not changing your mind...or are you?"

But Xigfeldo was not changing his mind at all, unless one counted the way that he looked at her. Raising his head, he took in short, greedy puffs of her scent, a particular kind of scent that truly could only have been coming from one part of her anatomy, although she, undoubtedly, had her coils laid over it, well-protected as one of her most vulnerable spots.

Her cloaca... Xigfeldo smiled, lips pulling up slightly, although it was hard for a dragon not to look sinister when smiling. Lips closed just looked too tight and lips open, well... Then there was the issue of the teeth to worry about being on dangerous show there. At least intent carried over well between their species, which was something to be thankful for as his own cloaca, tucked up at the base of his belly, flushed with desirable heat, puffing up slightly.

"Forgive me, it is just that you smell quite lovely," he stated, weaving his head back and forth as if it was merely a polite comment to note the attention he could and would give her slit, if so allowed. "I don't think I would have even noticed you here if not for your scent giving me pause. You were well hidden under those rocks."

Svea had the good grace to cringe, just a little.

"Yes... That slide caught me unawares. And I'm not surprised you can smell me -- that's what a hydra's scent is designed to attract. But you already seem aware of that?"

When Xigfeldo nodded, her eyes softened slightly, hard lines easing at the corners.

"Then... Then you know how my species can only mate with dragons, that is if we want offspring. We can still mate with each other for fun but...well..."

A pained look crossed her many faces, some of the jaws clamping shut while the main worked silently for a moment, dredging up the words that had to come.

"It's difficult to do that when I'm the last of them. That's why I was out here. I'm the last of my kind and the dragons here... They are who has killed the rest of my kind. You're not like them though. I was hoping to keep my species going, trap a dragon and make something good of this, give myself a family..."

If a serpent could have shrugged, that was exactly what the ripple that ran through her body was.

"Selfish but there's little else for me here. And I don't get much conversation either besides what goes on between my heads."

Svea laughed -- a polite, hydra joke -- and Xigfeldo was compelled to join in too, not because of any sense of diplomacy but because her tinkling, resounding laugh bubbling up from every mouth was simply so infectious.

"For someone who's gone through such hard times, it's a wonder you're able to laugh at all. But I always do meet the most interesting creatures on my travels."

"What was it you were looking for here?" Her eyes shone keenly. "Maybe I can help you? It's the least I can do after you rescued me. Who knows what would have happened to me if another dragon had found me in such a...compromisssing position?"

Of course, they both knew the answer to that question but the more interesting nuance lay in how she said it, hissing as she drew out the word. Tension of a more pleasurable kind crackled in the air between them, the two scaled beasts seeking out baser desires as they tested the waters, inhaling one another's scents as everything grew exponentially more potent with every passing moment.

"I think you may have liked to have been found in such a position by me," Xigfeldo chanced slyly, not hiding his interest in the slightest. "You are ripe... It is not too forward for me to say that here, is it?"

"No... No, it is not."

And yet words were not needed to convey the true depth of their desire. Svea's coils loosened slightly, deliberately revealing her cloaca, although she kept herself held back still as if afraid to reveal too much too soon, which was more than understandable considering the circumstances that she had been uncovered in. Licking his lips, he tried not to look too obviously at how that slit of a sex was dripping, a part of her body that, if she was at all like the hydras of his home world, contained both male and female genitalia, despite how she held herself, presenting as a more feminine sort. Dragons and hydras just liked to be able to put everything in boxes, despite being able to enjoy all sides of sexuality, both fathering and mothering hatchlings regardless of what their social status was.

Hissing lightly, she wove her heads between one another, the lack of horns or frills allowing her to do this fluidly, sensually. All of that twisting, softening movement, however, did not tease his attention away from how her slit dripped, oozing her juices and her scent, that gland behind her cloaca releasing more and more potent pheromones, all headily designed to draw in the lust of a mate. And he was that mate, if she so chose him to be.

"Perhaps I could be of more assistance than you may have originally expected," he suggested with the tact and grace of a diplomat that he was not. "If you'd like to pay me back in a certain way...well...I am sure that I would oblige you too, with how sweet you smell."

It could not be denied and neither did Svea have the inclination to do so. Her heads bobbed and weaved anxiously, excitement lacing through the crowd, her cloaca seeming to clench and pulse, arousal growing on the very precipice of breeding lust.

"If no harm is to come," she breathed, voice rising from every head as if just the one would not do... I want you too. Your scent..."

But the trigger of Xigfeldo's scent too had caught her and there was little more she could do but obey the instinct of her bloodlines, taking the shaft of a creature that was primed and ready to deliver a clutch of eggs into her belly. In but a moment, Svea threw caution to the wind, taking a chance as she snaked across the floor, winding up and around Xigfeldo's neck, bumping her snouts softly against his.

Kiss after kiss... They could not leap into it, taking their time with one another, tongues flickering out as he lay down, allowing Svea better access to his body. He could not help but become aroused by her, hardly able to believe his luck in finding such a willing partner out on one of his adventures in other realms, although it made sense too, of course, with how virile and studly he was. Why, it was a wonder that every male and female in the region did not flock with him, begging him to give them what they needed!

But cockiness was not for a hydra that trembled around him, one of her heads snaking up to his while the others nuzzled down his body, curiously probing and exploring, teasing wherever their tongues touched. A little foreplay, after all, could go a long way, despite the concern still stirring in her coils, emerald slashed across his black.