All Comments on 'The Last Library Ch. 09'

by Dai_Stiho

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
EdalasEdalas4 months ago

Happy that you're contuing writing! I impatiently wait next chapter

janus48janus484 months ago

I am very happy to be reading a new chapter! It’s been awhile, but for a quality chapter like this one I’m happy to wait. Thank you for writing!

EsbanosEsbanos4 months ago

With a pause of nearly 2 years i had no clue of what was going. I had no idea who the characters were. Total failure.

AardieAardie4 months ago

I’m glad to finally get another chapter. I struggled a bit at first to find my feet but it came back to me enough to avoid a reread. Please continue. Five stars again.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew4 months ago

Jumped to the end to say how glad I am to see this story still active, now back to the first page to read it!

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew4 months ago

Ooh, palace intrigue! A great ending to a very nice chapter, I am hoping you show up more often around here, Dai_Stiho.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Had to go back and reread the other chapters, which wasn't much of a chore. Great story and another five stars. I agree with the others about wanting another chapter on the ssoner side instead of another two years. At least they are a quality read. Thanks.

Dai_StihoDai_Stiho4 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the support guys! It does feel good to have the words flowing again. I probably scrapped ~50k words and 4 different arcs that just weren't going anywhere. I'm also working on edits for the first few chapters for clean up and to integrate Chapter 4. I'm always open to suggestions and ideas for future chapters over on Discord.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow! Really excited to see an update!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you so much for not letting this story die.

I eagerly await the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago
Ending?

Is there more to come?

KnightofmindKnightofmind3 days ago

One assumes the story is heading thusly:

1. Prime Vernlat is working with the would be conquerors in a rather ridiculous attempt at roping them into a coup of the city. They annex the territory and She becomes some sort of Chancellor without any challenge to her rule. One assumes that betrayal is inevitable.

2. Seye is undoubtedly the helper and once Mera has the opportunity to look into her mind this will be obvious.

3. The courtesan could also be the helper, though that doesn't really track, but she could make for an extremely useful inciting incident that pushes the city into revolt, good irony there, but of course that would be telling.

4. The changes in the Lexicon might be attempts at a new kind of malevolent force. An opposite to the goddess who tries to guide things to ruin rather than stem the tide of chaos. Perhaps someone with a deeply vested interest in seeing the wheel of fate no longer spin?

5. Ashur and Mera being reunited along with their new charge would put a nice cap on this first arc. Especially if the meddling they do ends up fomenting a revolution rather than a coup on the Planet they have been searching (I am terrible at remembering names, apologies).

A tangled thread.

But one which really just needs a bit of pulling to sort it out.

What I would suggest is something that satisfies the different goals of the story so far but with an unexpected twist and an awful cost. A dark night of the soul for our heros which will further cement their commitment to aiding the goddess, protecting the library and stopping the evil meddler (or meddlers).

Perhaps a good eldritch horror?

As for sex stuff?

I leave that to you. I am not really reading this for that. The world is far to engaging!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDai_Stiho@Dai_Stiho
Update 01/25/2024: Chapter 9 is out. Not much in the way of schmexy, but I finally got tired of trying to wrap the plot line around to get a scene between Ashur and one of the Brenphans. It may still come later but for now... meh. I took down the Patreon until I can get writin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES