All Comments on 'The Last of the American Cowgirls'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Old truckers never die...no, wait, Jack drives a Mack, but he doesn't drive alone any more. And he bested a crooked country sheriff, to boot! What backgrounds don't you know? Simply amazing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Wonderful story! One of your best.

5

bigbob2406bigbob240611 months ago

Loved it.Thank you very much!!

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Great romantic story. I really enjoyed it.

5stars

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u11 months ago

Back in the UK Lorry drivers (Truckers) were known as the Knights of the road and shared the worldview the main character in your story does.

Another 5 star tale as usual, cheers, Andy

vcwriter17bvcwriter17b11 months ago

Fun and thoughtful. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Your stories are so much like DreamCloud's stories. Readers get know the characters Plots are believable.

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Nice, very nice well written story.

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

It's a well used plot, but when handled properly as this one was, it works very well. It had the requisite injection of tension from the arrest sequence and the rest was well orchestrated. It wasn't a nail biter or a sexual masterpiece, but it was a good tale and quite enjoyable. 5* may be a little high, but what the hell.

BlueFox007BlueFox00711 months ago

That was just a wonderful story, to be shared with my wife of 62 years.

Five easy stars.

des911des91111 months ago

Nice story, well told. Thank you.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG3311 months ago

Great story and well written five stars all the way

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another gem. You are amazing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is a good story but, it is not a new story. I have read the same story here before.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I spent many hours over the years behind the wheel driving around the country in trucks. Drove quite a few years for the trucking company located at the Galloway (161) exit in Little Rock. Very good story with the proper perspective on drivers and their relationships.. More than 5 stars

steppinontoes

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I know it has been tried and it sounds good, but I'm curious how many get that scenario to actually work

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

What an endearing story!

Loved how you drew parallels with Wild West cowboys with the truck driver, and that's the first time I've seen you use that in your stories.

You drew readers in with Janet's story, as many times I've wondered about the lives of some of those waitresses. You create sympathy by how she interacts with him, and you can tell (without being terribly observant) that she craves a real connection. However, I never imagined I'd read about the fictional bf hitting her, although that level of jealous and possessive indeed exists. You upped the ante when he filed the false kidnapping report, then taking it out on those 2. Appreciated the resolution for sure, as that felt oh-so-good!

If there's a weak link, it's Janet stating "I knew you were safe 2 days ago," or something like that, as that means she would have known Greg was a 100% turd. I enjoyed, however, how you joined them, as they felt right as a couple and it was really adorable. 5 on the balance of the story and writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Me and the wife are both drivers we met at a pilot truck stop.We have been married for over 20 years.Your story was well written.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Really enjoyed the story and it's clear you did a bit of research to get it right - 5*

teedeedubteedeedub11 months ago

The big difference is that Cowboys do it in the dirt......

J6480J648011 months ago

Loved it Ronde, amazed at how you get the time to do all the research for each scenario and plot? 5*s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As a trucker myself I can relate to Jack's view. Your stories have a story and plot, a really nice change to the graphics Most use. Your research of the truck stop on the route is spot on. I have been to every one you mentioned. Congratulations on a job well done.

olddave51olddave5111 months ago

5 stars !!!!!

A sequel would be nice.

What might happen when they get back to Graham?

BlueBranBlueBran10 months ago

I used to haul an 8 axle at 144,000 lbs. That was some heavy hauling. Currently running dry van and long for my own rig…

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Proud patriots will enjoy this Romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS