All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 46-51'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
You Don't Pull Punches

This entire story is a dark, sad, powerful, inescapable train wreck. I can't look away. I'll keep reading it as long as you keep writing it.

Still hoping for a happy ending, though.

PS - Take your time, though, this chapter felt a bit rushed in places. We'll wait.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I blame game of thrones

For this kill everyone kick everyone seems to be on about.

You write well, but your story can go to hell.

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26almost 6 years ago
Runaway train

You are rushing and I think you are tired of your own story that didn't get the reaction you wanted.

Sadistic masochist.

You want your story to be believed and bring the reader with you on a journey; to love, laugh and cry with the characters.

I've read this story before. You made a few slight changes. Killing off everything good was a downhill slope.

If you are in a rut and don't know how to finish a story to make it your own and make it good then just stop at this chapter.

This story has been played before. I'm tempted to look it up to see who the original writer was and compare notes.

crazysexykool93crazysexykool93almost 6 years ago
Sigh

I've been enjoying your stories for a while now, and while I'm disappointed in where the story has turned, I hope you'll be able to pull it together for the next chapters. I will still keep reading until the end, no matter what.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Bald

You have made this claim repeatedly but never back it up with any proof! I have read those other stories, and there is not anything worthy of making such a claim. Start backing up your claims with proof otherwise stop making such accusations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
baldsexybrawler

you would blame him for copying the plot line of apple pie if the story was about peach pie just on the basis it is about some sort of freaking pie. grow up you idiot your claims have no basis. pocketbooklovers's stories involved no actual fighting. mygypsy's stories are about the main character being abused, raped, forced to carry a child she did not even want. and nobody giving a damn about her at all. there are no vampires in these stories so no using that plot. nothing about somebody being sent back in time as an infant and having no clue who her 2nd mother is. even if they filed a copyright law suit it would get thrown out instantly since writing style is NOT protected under copyright laws.

baldsexybrawlerbaldsexybrawleralmost 6 years ago

Why don't you ask partwolf if he has ever had a conversation with any of the authors I mentioned about using their ideas and plot points. I know he was called out on FB by MyGypsy for this exact thing. I know he is a friend of PBL and she has talked to him about this also.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
sigh

i have read all their stories before and i don't see any real similarities between them. i will repeat myself the plots of these stories are not the same as in those stories. if you're referring to writing style then you need to understand that most stories share writing styles with stories about the same genre or topic. take a look at games on google playstore as another example. almost everything there has the same playing style as some other game. you have movies/tv shows that do the same thing. any movie that has the same kind of situation as another shares the same script writing style.

ThecoffeeprincessThecoffeeprincessalmost 6 years ago
Gutted

I’m gutted vivian died. Really didnt see that coming, poor snake but still eager to see what comes next. Really not getting why you’re taking so much flack for this one but please keep it coming.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 6 years agoAuthor
To Baldsexybrawler et al

I will make one thing perfectly clear: I have never intentionally copied the work or detailed ideas of another author, nor have I ever set out starting with another author's work seeking to modify it as my own. I have enough of my own ideas, thank you. In the last three years, I've written the following stories.

-The Last Shewolf, 125k words and counting

-Rose, 182k

-Stolen Birthright, 184k

-My Mystery Mate, 72k

-Dominant Species, 152k

-Were Wars trilogy, 160k

-Shorter stories Luna's Angel, Slave Lunas, and some contest entries

All of these are werewolf stories, some werepanther as well. It's a genre, there are certain basic parameters all authors write in the genre but the specifics are usually up to them.

Let me give an example you cited, the one where Mygypsy vaguebooked me about stealing another author's idea. I was writing Dominant Species at the time. Little communication between packs, wolves scattered, and I needed for my plot to bring things together. I was writing the chapter "Moon Dreams", where an Alpha who loses his Pack has a dream where he meets Luna and her two wolf escorts and she sends him to form a new Pack, gives him a mate and Alpha power. The chapter photo has a painting of Luna, her description was written to match the painting.

I used the same dream to cause widely scattered wolves to head to the same area to join or form new Packs. Some people took exception, thinking that I stole the idea for a dream with the Goddess from another author. No one said anything to me directly; like you, they made vague accusations, talking behind my back. In the end, if you have read the genre, talking with the Moon Goddess is hardly a unique idea or plot point of any individual author. The chapter had nothing to do with the other author's work, and any similarities were not intentional.

I will confirm I have had several conversations with other authors where they thought I had strayed too close to specific things in their books. A good example is PBL had a long sequence about a poker tournament in her book. In one of mine, I had a list of activities they had at a get together that included a half-sentence about a poker tournament with the same buy-in. I wasn't thinking about her when I wrote it, it was a throwaway where my brain grabbed something it had seen before and I didn't catch it in review. When I was told about it, I recognized it and immediately removed it.

I read hundreds of werewolf books in addition to my writing. Commenting that "everything he writes is copied from others" don't help, nor is making lists and sending it to other authors without talking to me about it as well. If you see something, point it out specifically and we can discuss it like adults.

-PartWolf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
great storys

I do not post on stories much, but had to say something about someone saying that the story was copied ideas, I have read all the storys by the other authors and enjoy them and see no copied stories....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
sigh

let me get this straight. Vivian manages to kill the alpha of the most dangerous pack in the country without getting a scratch just to be killed by a little girl? sigh seems like the were just keep getting more weak and pathetic.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 6 years ago
Unnecessary Plaigarism Controversy

The plagiarism controversy is unnecessary.

Werewolf romance is a genre, it's supposed to have similarities. Mating, knotting, alphas, lunas, the goddess Luna, howling at the moon, shifting at the full moon, running as a pack in the moonlight, hiding the secret from humans, packhouses, mating bites, pack wars, these are all common aspects of the same genre.

The positive aspect of writing in a genre like this is that everyone familiar with the genre can pick up a new story by an unfamiliar writer and immediately understand the milieu. The downside is that the stories are constrained by these same familiar aspects, which causes some stories to give the reader phantom memories of having read the exact same story once before... except that you haven't.

I started reading this genre a couple of months ago (after intentionally avoiding it for years) and have seen a number of these comment-section plagiarism accusations. I checked several of them out and, other than discovering several interesting writers, I found nothing noteworthy.

Following a genre format is not plagiarism.

Back to the story: The death of Vivian was a narrative inevitability. It just was. It wasn't arbitrary or done for shock value, it had to happen. It doesn't mean we have to like it, though.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtalmost 6 years ago

Just shows that anything can happen. No one was expecting a thirteen year old girl to kill a powerful doctor with one stab with a silver laced knife. Rage can make you do amazing surprising things. And it’s been established multiple times in this series that if an Alpha ‘mates’ with someone, rape or not, they’re bound together forever. And since Stanton was shown to be absolute piece of fucking garbage, it’s pretty certain that he bound with the 13 year old by super-violent force. Nothing should be a surprise in these kinds of stories. Absolutely nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A fan

I'm a big fan of your work. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Aww man, Vivian!!! That gutted me. *shakes angry fist but deeply appreciates you writing characters I fall in love with*

RheamistressRheamistressalmost 6 years ago

Well, I, for one, could almost feel the "hurry and await" situation of this chapter. You make plans, provide for as much protection as possible. The heat of battle, betrayal, however unintentional it was. And how many times have the movies and other stories featured a less strong and weaker opponent, who, somehow, manage to bring down entire empires? I see evidence of this tactic today in "lone wolf" attacks in the news. All and all... a great chapter... Do you plan to continue with the "Promised One"?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Doc Vivian's death

Yes, I realized she would die before the story ended, otherwise Eve could not be the "last" shewolf. But as the main character, I also thought That Vivan would live until Eve became of mating age. While Kelly & the other ladies can teach Eve about becoming a woman, Gabriel can teach her about being a were, and Snake et al can teach her about her parents, only Doc Vivian would be able to teach Eve about being a were woman. (Unless some of the females from ex-Alpha Stanton's pack help.)

Doc Vivian should have been nowhere near the raid, in spite of her arguments. She was the prize Alpha Stanton wanted and shouldn't have been within his grasp.

Gabriel should have Alpha-commanded his pack not to reveal any details of the raid/rescue. Gabriel knows the strength of the mating bond, and no matter how much Zephaniel wanted to rescue his sister, she should never have been told.

As for poor Lisandra, raped and used by her mate, her final act ended her family as ironically she killed the woman who had saved her brother.

This feels like the middle of the darkest night - and I am looking forward to the dawning of a new day. I'm guessing the story will soon fast forward 15-20 years or so when Eve finally meets her "Adam".

luv2read2

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyalmost 6 years ago
The best and the worst.

I am crying very real tears that Snake and Dewalt won't grow old together.

Your writing is absolutely compelling, and you always make me fall in love with your characters. Even the despicable ones have purpose in your stories.

I absolutely hated what happened in this chapter. I love LOVE your writing.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
OMGAWD!!

This was terrible to read. My heart just broke with sadness that you killed her off. Please keep writing, I still love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
really her

Out of all the people you could have killed instead. I mean damn even her death by teen wolf angst was fucked up

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 4 years ago
So wrong

Killing Vivian was so wrong

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yikes

That was a tough one to read. Brilliant but still tough to read.

I did get confused about one bit though, I thought there was only one of Gabriel’s men from that pack and he was killed by the old alpha in front of their pack house??

Either I misunderstood or there was a glitch.

Thanks for sharing

Tess (UK)

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

That was fucked up... I like your stories, but Killing Viv was fucking horrible!!!! Don't know if I'll read anymore.

tcoles30tcoles30almost 3 years ago

I can not believe you killed Vivian. I hate you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am rather cheesed at this story. I started reading this thinking I was reading the story of "The Last Shewolf." That is NOT what I have read. This is not the story of "The Last Shewolf." This is the story of "The Last Shewolf's Mother" then the protagonist is killed here, at the halfway point. From the next chapter onward, the story will be "The Last Shewolf."

I do NOT appreciate bait and switch. I do NOT appreciate a 51 chapter prologue. The title is inaccurate and misleading. I'm sorry, but this sort of antic is the sort of thing no reader should have to endure. Correctly naming a story is the first thing an author must do. The title must have DIRECT RELEVANCE to the story, and this title's relevance is tangential, at best.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

Damn , why did you tell her , she had been through so much , she deserves happiness. But still good read.

MeerlockMeerlockover 1 year ago

Well that was just wrong - killing Vivian. While technically not the title character, she was the main character, the heart of the story. It just won't be the same story.

ABC made the right call cancelling Castle when they decided not to bring back Stana Katic. It just wouldn't have been Castle without Richard Castle or BECKETT. Vivian is this story's Beckett.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2300 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES