The Last Stop on the Left

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Randall finished his story and looked at Sylvia with sad eyes. She was stunned by his story. She gazed around the lot trying to take in all that he had told her. He really was an evil bastard. But... he didn't start off that way. He made a choice, just like I did.

Sylvia took a deep breath and let it out slowly. When she spoke, it was with a tone of finality. "I think you did the right thing, Randall. And I don't think the fire was your fault. Not entirely anyways." She gave Randall a sad smile. "I think that demon killed him. The one he made the deal with. But I guess I will never know for sure."

A gust of wind picked up and tossed her hair around. She brushed a few stray strands out of her face. The two of them stood there like that for a minute, lost in the moment, until Bert walked over. "Well I checked everything I know how to check and it all looks fine. I guess we can leave this dump whenever you're ready."

Syliva smiled at Bert and said, "Let's get the hell out of here. I've had enough of this place to last me a lifetime. Or two in my case." Bert gave a puzzled smile but made no comment. The pair walked over to the charger.

When she reached the door, Sylvia turned around and looked at Randall, who was staring blankly into the dinner. "Hey Randall!" she shouted.

Randall swung around to look at her. "Thanks for everything! You did the right thing. Now get out of here and never look back!" And with that she slipped into the charger. Bert cranked on the engine and put the car in gear. The pair of them both waved at Randall as they pulled out, who returned their wave with one of his own, a sad smile on his face as they took off down the byway.

Bert was grinning in a puzzled way at Sylvia still. "Sooo... what were you two talking about back there? You both seemed pretty intense from what I could see."

Sylvia merely flashed another toothy grinned back at Bert. "Oh he was just telling me some ghost story about that place. Maybe I'll tell you all about it sometime." She let out a high pitched giggle. "Now open this baby up! I want to take a shower as soon as possible. Somebody got me all sweaty."

Bert laughed heartily and then reached down to snap on the radio. As the sounds of rock and roll filled the car, the truck stop quickly fell away to a distance speck on the horizon. In a few minutes, it was gone from sight and all Sylvia could see was the open road in front of her.

THE END