All Comments on 'The Last Time I Met Clara'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusalmost 2 years ago

Oh, that's a lovely short story.

Well written, as always, and with a likeable narrator.

It's also nice that Clara has a weakness for Singapore Sling.

Thank you!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 2 years ago
Very clever...

...very everything that a good crime short story should be. Five-star perfect.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Great characters (though I don’t see Clara crying), fun and suspenseful story, excellent dialogue, sex pretty good and consistent with storyline. First of your work I’ve read; will not be last. Nice contribution to Spillane event.

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikarualmost 2 years ago

Awesome work with this story! Loved the dynamic between the two. Sex was hot.

But to be honest, the best scene for me was the bathroom machete scene :P. I know this is supposed to be for a Spillane event - and I think it does a good job of that - but the machete scene would've fit right into a Tarantino flick.

5* for sure!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Five stars.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Lorealmost 2 years ago

5 stars

It was not noir but I liked it. Heists stories are great. The shotgun was a bit much, I would think they would have had something a bit smaller. Amazing writing and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story as per usual. Thank you.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Melissa, here from the Hammered challenge. There’s excellent character development, a well-plotted story, and a nice little mystery tucked in, too. Have to agree with the commenters above that the bathroom scene was intense (Scarface, anyone?) and Tarantino-esque, but any enjoyable tale with a great ending. Well done, 5*

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 2 years ago

Solid writing, interesting characters, and a dynamite plot. Plenty hard-boiled for me. 5*

AliceGeeAliceGeealmost 2 years ago

Great storyline and excellent characterization. I particularly enjoyed the dialogue between the two main charactors, realistic with just the right amount of humor. Well written and a worthy entry. Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more from this author 🙏👏👏👏

CoolcalCoolcalalmost 2 years ago

What can one say? Fits the Mickey Spillane theme to a "T." Five Stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sure could have used a bit of proofreading. Too many errors for my taste.

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

This was different but well done thank you

FandeborisFandeborisalmost 2 years ago

Fits the Mickey Spillane theme to a "T" Good story. 2 examples the incarceration doesn't do any good.

dmallorddmallordalmost 2 years ago

This had my attention to the end. It was an excellent read. Although, I didn't see it as closely aligned to the Spillane noir leaning details. Yet it was riveting. I guess I just missed the detective element in the storyline—great job of storytelling.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Trust takes long to be achieved and is broken down in a second ….. trust betrayal lying a fatal connection ….. violence is part of our society like drugs alcohol and we call us Homo sapiens - sentient / reasonable beings? …… a story as old as humans are ….. well crafted 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story! Didn't realize it was just three pages long by the end, it was that packed, riveting and excellently paced. Clara and her weird honor code lol, from nearly killing an ex's gf to not snitching on Janice and the money... oddly charming and/or psychopathic. Enjoyed the sprinkle of humor, too.

Great job and thanks!

PrestickPrestick2 months ago

This could be a novel.

GoldustwingGoldustwingabout 1 month ago

Well written, nice twist in the ending. Clara was trouble but she saved Jan’s life, 2 life sentences is a tough gig.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...