All Comments on 'The Last Word'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
lol

the guy sounds like a real wimp. But very good story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Barbara?

Who is Barbara? I thought this story was about Beverly. The story hit all the buttons, wife cheating at work, with a black guy, dies from STD. Husband gets his revenge with a video presentation. Ruins wife's career, and life, sending the cheating bitch into death spiral. While dying, she receives repentant husbands forgiveness. You hit them all, just not very well this time.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
??

Another question. How did Marcus avoid the deadly STD?

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
A LOT OF ANIMOSITY IN THAT MARRIAGE

which she carried all the way to the Bitter End, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Justice

Lay in dirt long enough, you will get worms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I have no patience

for stupid. Whether for characters or plot or plot devices. This effort is stuffed full of stupid. And, no, I didn't read "tongue-in-cheek" or any hint of parody. It was just stupid.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 5 years ago
Why?

Your guy lives in an abusive marriage, with a felonious vindictive liar, and he just caves in again at the end, pathetic.

At least your evil wife stayed true to her colors.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Boilerplate hodgepodge

As Gunnery Sgt. Hartman might say, "Work on it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yuck

What a wimp. Every cliche in the book

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Oh Boy!

This is not a bad story!...In fact it's quite witty in a Monty Python style comedy! I enjoyed the show★★★★★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

BORING, the whole intro about him totally unnecessary!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Confused cuck

Dude. BTB or cuck. You literally cannot have a soldier tech super spy get ultimate revenge, have delusions, get screwed, wife gets a technical victory of sorts and he still feels like a winner?!!!

What is wrong with you??? BTB was mildly amusing but mental patient/cuck central not so much.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"After she took over as Director of Second Chance, I gradually had to assume most of the chores she had done around the house." - Okay, while she was "stay-at-home" she did most of the household chores, that's fairly normal. Now that she is ALSO working full time a SHARING of the chores is called for, but why does he now do MOST of the chores? Even though she's home an hour and a half before him?

LOL, power is out and they can go home without using leave time? If my boss said that I had to use leave time, I would just sit at my desk and do paperwork!

I don't understand the guilt and anger directed at him. She not only cheated, she belittled him, she was taking advantage of an ex-con who was just trying to stay on the right path.

Also, he has a good job, why would divorce cause him to be living a "little above poverty"?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
That was an interesting take on this theme

And worth all five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
you did well until you had him wimp out with false guilt

she exactly what she deserved

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
With her final word...

... she proved she never loved him at all. The only guilt she felt was being caught out in public and having her position/legacy besmirched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

But hated the ending. There was no clue when she started her affairs so we don't know if his earlier suspicions were correct. But she was a vindictive bitch and never would have intentionally killed herself let alone give her husband a final respite.

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
This really isn't worth making a comment.

Not much to read, so I'll indulge. Let's see, wife is cheating with, of course, a black dude (that's sooo much worse). No, she's extorting sex from a guy. She's a cheater and a blackmailer. Her husband outs her and his kids don't like him? Strange kids. Mom's a criminal and a slut, but they're down with that and blame him? He feels guilty? She's been using her position to blackmail a dude for sex, and he's feeling guilty? This was just one absurdity piled on another. Sorry, Skippy, two stars.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 5 years ago
As MattBlack said

Uncommon twist on a common theme. Nicely done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@26thNC Re: Marcus

I'm no expert, but I don't think that every sex act with an STD carrier necessarily results in infection.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Interesting Story

The woman is almost impossible to figure out. Why would she do all these things to her husband while most of the time working very hard to smooth things for the down and outers? She never let us in on her thinking;

gmann57gmann57over 5 years ago

I liked it, The end result should be the end result for all cheaters. People dont have to cheat. If your unhappy then by considerate enough to tell your partner its over then go fuck your brains out. Its the deceit that is the real issue. I cant stand lying, deceitful people

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved the idea Skippy

But the actual development, dialog and delivery still need work.... even in a farcical application.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Thoughts

The husband was so aggressively stupid that it's difficult to feel sympathetic for him.

He was handed an incredible gift: His wife was committing rape and/or extortion. All he had to do was go to the police, turn over the evidence, sit back and wait, and then get a pretty favorable and easy divorce.

Instead, he uses his evidence in the most idiotic way possible... and then doesn't even stick with that, frantically back-pedaling and trying to fix all of the earth he scorched.

He appears to not realize that no-fault divorce exists: If you're in a marriage that unhappy, you don't actually need proof of anything to leave, you can just leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh

Coulda done without the last minute guilt.

"I know mom completely ruined you, but did you have to be honest....why didn't you LIE to save HER feelings?"

I'd tell my son, "have a good life, hope you live long enough to practice your preaching" and hang up on him. She was a complete scuzz-bucket. Blackmailed people, coerced sex, lied, passed around STDs. I wonder if she'd tell him about about her STD scare if he didn't already oust her?

It'd have been funnier if he'd blown off her last request. Why honor it? She sure as hell didn't honor him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He was right by calling himself stupid.

By giving all that money away and especially by giving her credit for the donation.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Writing a BtB story, then having the husband wimp out at the end is even worse than a RAAC.

It was obvious that his suspicions about his wife were right all along and she'd been cheating on him for years. The fact that she'd been treating him with such utter lack of respect for years was certainly a by-product of her serial infidelity. Beverly admits at the end that she was fucking multiple guys and we know she was blackmailing at least one of them into it... she was a pro at this. She was an evil, deceitful, manipulative sociopath and he shouldn't have felt a moment's guilt for finally outing the whore.

That also makes the ending strange. According to her sons, Beverly was refusing treatment because: "it was her punishment for being such a despicable person."

Yes, she clearly was, but I just can't believe that a woman like her would feel the slightest bit of remorse. She was blackmailing and effectively raping an ex-con, when the poor guy was trying to be faithful to his wife and turn over a new leaf. Just reverse the genders and see how totally abhorrent her actions were.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not sure why I'm bothering to comment, this "story" wasn't worth the time to read. In fact, I'm gonna stop typing in the middle

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Sbrooks103x

Wouldn't the implied frequency increase the chances of infection exponentially? You realize that in LW, infection is always certain. Especially when the infected man or woman is used in a BTB scenario. Thanks Kimi, for pointing out the obvious "worst thing" with the black man. When I make that statement, I am accused of being racist by the angry anons.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
Sorry to say, but nothing was believable...

Sorry to say, but nothing was believable...First the husband...he wanted revenge, but then thought it was too much, being worried about everyone, even with the Second Chance Mission, donating them $100,000...Really? Then the wife: a selfish bitch all her life, then suddenly she repents and recuses to be treated to die...Really? Third the children: they were created by a selfish mother, and the father was expecting them to support him? Really? So all this bad characters destroyed this story...1*

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
I gave it a two

The thing I never understand about most stories here, no matter what the wife does you forgive. I mean about 98% of the stories here forgives the woman no matter what . And as far as in this stories and I’d be done with my sons. They know the mom cheated on their dad, fucked him over but you’re mad at dad for getting even. And another thing I wouldn’t give the second chance missionary shit. If they can’t understand what happened and why Oh well. As far as my ex-wife dying, she is my ex. I feel sorry for my sons loss but that’s about it . And she approve in the end how fucked up she was anyway. She wanna him to forgive her but wanted to go to her grave without forgiving him. That takes a lot of hate , And yet I’m quite sure a lot of you will be like he deserved it. Oh don’t worry we can put her Up for sainthood later. You know after her journey to hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She was going to have a man sent back to prison if he didn't fuck her?

And you think she deserves any sympathy, understanding, forgiveness? She could have given him HIV!

If the husband is that stupid, then it all makes sense how such a cruel soulless bitch could make him think she is a good wife and mother. Preposterous.

But thanks for the effort.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Something Different***

Good storyline. Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Hmmm...

Strange BTB tale. The husband had no reason to apologize for what he did. The cheater was already infected and might have died even with treatment. So to use my favorite saying, "Ye reap what ye sow."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn Skippy!

Always wanted to say that where it was logical to do so!

Seem to have forgotten what I wanted to say, because this somewhat disjointed story wiped out my a lot of my remaining grey cells - they're becoming rare because I get fooled into reading things like this!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@26thNC Re: STD's

I'm not talking about the chances. You asked, how did he avoid the STD's, I'm just saying that he avoided them because I don't think that the chances are 100%. If there's even a 1% chance of avoiding infection, then THAT'S how he avoided infection

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Confusion 3*s 2*s........WHATEVER

I didn't care for the plot. After a few paragraphs I was wondering why he didn't file for a divorce 🤔?! Gave you 3*s.

Watches CSI. You tell us he is mystery/detective fan. The character development should have given us those details. Gave you 2*s.

Good enough ending to earn 3*s, again....Maybe

Your previous stories weren't this poor.

Hope you got this out of your system, lol.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
so stupid

The dude abuses his wife repeatedly with baseless accusations, breaks the law and subjects his friends to potential criminal charges to indulge his fantasies, them when she finally did chat, he while about disrespect? And for some reason despite her not forgiving him, she made him her ex the beneficiary of her life insurance instead of the kids?

Stupid.

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Well, about stupidity.

Einstein said unlike the universe which has limits, stupidity has none. Or something like that. Seems when we get to the point where we think someone can't do anything more stupid, they always surprise us. Just saying. Hubby got dragged down to his wife's level and she beat him with experience. Oh well. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kimi1990....

....said it perfectly. I agree with that assessment. Thanx!

Loklie

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Why do readers act with such surprise . . .

. . . when the kids don’t immediately side with the cheated on father? Kids love their mothers; that’s a biological imperative. What the cuck wimp did was to destroy his wife’s life very publicly; does anyone think that many kids in the real world won’t see that as worse than her adultery, which was at least private?

FD45FD45over 5 years ago

What woman wants someone she has to blackmail to sleep with her? That is not self affirming or particularly complimentary.

So that kind of violated Suspension of Disbelief.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
This sounds like porcupines getting if on

They both have real problems. The need to have a man completely under control says

it all about her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WTF

you write some weird shit dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
That was different!

It's good to have a change of pace here. I wonder if it was guilt or shame that caused her to deny treatment and take her life that way?

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
Not always...

do children side with the mother. I did not speak to or go around my mother the last 21 years of her life because of some of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ok

Some mediocre writers on this site get lavished with praise for stories that are entirely unoriginal and just not that good.

This story was original and funny yet a few of the people who praise the mediocre dross slate it.

There is a clique mentality at work on loving wives and it's rather pathetic.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Interesting story

I agree with Valint that he should have gone to the cops. The ending was interesting and almost humorous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'd have kept the money

and fucked my sons' partners

After all if they didnt care about their mothers infidelity they cant be too concerned about their partners

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@26thNC Re: Sbrooks103x

On the off chance that you were serious, Kimi was being sarcastic with her calling the black lover worse. Note the exaggeration in the "sooo much worse."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
My Highest Praise For This Story

One of the best stories I have read in months. Easy to award you 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh Boo fucking Hoo!

Beverly was responsible for her actions. She deserved her divorce. So did Demarcus. Blowing Beverly up in that public a forum was a little over-the-top as it did have a negative effect on others. But people and companies survive scandals. The ultimate stupidity was all on Beverly. What kind of special fool doesn't get treated for any disease? And then he gives her the last say by giving the money he needs to live a decent life away? These characters don't have the brains God gave a rock. Being that stupid ruined any chance the story had of being a good read. BAH!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
re: reedrichards

I beg to differ, kids love mom because of what she does and how she does it. Biology hasn't kept kids from killing their mothers hasn't. You your statement is pretty stupid. The reason most chose the mom is, that everyone tries to save the image or the idea of "mom". Dad's an asshole till they need something. Kids learn the hard way that dad is human to. I had a friend who's kid died because he was pissed at his dad. He didn't want to ask the dad for bone marrow because his dad left his mom. In the end the reason cost him his life. His dad wasn't his dad, mom turned out to be a cheating slut. She had no idea who the father was. So your ideology on moms and women in general are wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
She deserved what she got

She betrayed her husband and her family repeatedly. The husband had no reason to feel guilty, and the guilted up ended is the worst kind of LifeTime movie sentimentality.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
I feel let down.

Why go to see her except to mock her! Dying is a just punishment for betrayal. Stand by the bed and tell her how bad she looks! Remind her how much more pain there is to come.

Too much forgivness shit getting into perfectly good burn the bitch stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why did you fold half way through ?

He had a good story going , finally one that didn’t have a stupid cuck in it. It felt real and the revenge was appropriate. Why did you have to fold half way through the piece and make the husband a wimp?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
you write like a pussy

she got what was coming too her.what world the hubby from.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
One who sows the wind reaps the whirlwind

It is hard to feel sorry for his wife at the end! Her actions made her deserve what she got. Who cares if she got the last word or not!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Fuck. The last word cheating what she did fucking got her fucked no sorrow

Everyone else half hour him an hour how many hims

Nobody at mission caught on. Give me a break. Blinds closed etc

Fuck her and all the rest. Brain dead

STD how many did she give it to he dumbass other times he accused without proof once yes after that proof was she really innocent then ?

How many at mission

Dumb or dumber or dumbest. Kids defended her! Ungrateful brats

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Love it

What comes around goes around....

I hate cheaters.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Good story

She's not the first cheater here to get public humiliation, but it was fun. The son who was mad at his father was a dipshit, but every family has one.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Again? Supposed to feel sorry for cheating slut

Fucking a lot of men and nobody caught on?

Give me a break

Door locked blinds closed

Place should be restructured

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cuck author

Wimpy husband who apologies consistently even when right, forgives, forgets, and screws himself more by shelling out fucktons of money and signing over life insurance which would be karmic recompense and set him up.

No, sir. He deserves to suffer as well, retarded kids, and unrepentant STD invested slut. She dies, but kids walk off and he sits like a dumbass.

Unpalatable story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Pansy Alert

Why do your male characters always apologize for having balls??!! He gave away her life insurance to a homeless shelter??!! Use that money for reparations!! What a slut. Glad she died painfully...

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Nah, this does not work for me, at all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
That was not good

Just bad .. the whole you hurt th ed mission and how it wad phrased made little ccx sense . And tbh who gives a fuck after that whining by the kid. Write that mistake of a child off and move along in life

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Not well thought out

People are not stupid. They do not deep six a worthy charity due to one person. The ending is not believable. Otherwise not a bad story.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Wow! What shitheads!

Don't you just love these pussies that leave disparaging comments? They're probably trying to grow their balls as we speak.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Where should i start ...

What a collection of bullshit! Nothing against fiction but this one is so overdrawn! My CSI instincts .. oh lord ...

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Ending

Ending is rubbish.He should have stayed away and let her did in the company of their two sons who shunned him.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

What one damn second here. SHE was the CHEAT via blackmail (on at least one man). SHE caught the STD via CHEATING and SHE is the one who refused treatment willfully committed suicide via STD as revenge on her husband. The only thing her husband did was make it public what SHE was a hypocrite CHEATER and not worthy of governing that charity. Actually, I am surprised the DA/PD did not bring charges upon her for blackmailed rape.

*

As far as the two boys, they are shitheads if they condone her behavior and condemn their father for bring it to light. Too many mommy boys willing to let mommy CHEAT get away with bad behavior... I hope Jared keeps walking away as his boys have warped morals too....

*

Skippy this one has too many misses, severly tarnishing it, making only a 3*. Hooyah, salute!

BlueHemiBlueHemialmost 4 years ago
Award

"The Hans Kruger National Award"....hahahha! Brilliant!

calibamma707calibamma707over 3 years ago

Good for that pompous trump whore

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

It's true that a theatrical BTB like this has collateral damage, so maybe inadvisable IRL, but fun for a story.

Love the slap in the face he gets before she dies. That's what you get for being a sap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Author is king of cucks

Jeezus, even your hard BTB sucks badly.

How do you cope being such a pussy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
are you kidding me!

Keep the money and don't visit her. letter die without the last word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I didn't think much of the story but was intrigue by the anon comment headlined 'Author is king of Cucks'. Why is this anon reading an author they obviously don't like. Can only think the idiot does it to insult.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stopped reading when you made the whore a mudshark.

One star

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Read ths before. She got what she deserved. Cruel? Fucking right!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My first thought was the same as Annon on the First of July. Why the hell did he wimp out and tell her she was forgiven? She was a bitch to him for years, cheating on him for years, and then when he gets the proof for a divorce her and she is dying because she chose not to get treatment. Sorry, let the bitch pass into the next stage of existence with some regret on her mind. Forget about her soul; she must have sold it a long time ago.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great story. Loved it. AAAAAA+++++

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

First of all, I don't think he needs forgiveness, especially after her vindictiveness after his false(?) accusations.

\

If it wasn't for the smile, I'd think her "No!" was her way of saying that he didn't need forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would he need forgive? He simply exposed a slut. And why give a nickel to the Mission? They hid and condoned what she was doing. Blackmail is a nasty crime. She got what she deserved.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

You're a better writter than this.

This guy accepts a guilt trip people desrespect him; including his dipshit son?

He'd already left town and he owes no one the time of date.

His wife was q sexual preditor and guilty of a FELONY called EXTORTION.

That his son tacitly excused his mothers betrayal blamed the date smake of someone w/o a moral compass, no compassiin for his father and he holds him in contempt to boot.

The ONLY decent thing she did, probably for a decade was warn him about the STD.

Oh, the money? KEEP it for decade of humiliation he suffered.

$ penalty for divorce. Quit his job a month in advance...andblet her suffer.

The court can't get blood out of a turnup.

You abuse the writers privilege of will sene of disbelief. Also you make "nerds" -higly intelligent people-remember Bill Gate?-appear socially inept as a group

This had the components of a great story and you threw it away.

Try re-writing this and give the man a backbone; most writers here take your tact on this.

Stop making us, MEN, look like idiots.

The WOKE rapidly male hating crowd is doing that. Stop helping them.

Time to start making men strong again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Screw the Second Chance Mission. People have short memories. Bu8t getting revenge on a cheating slut wife? Perfect. Fuck giving the Mission the $100,000 dollars. He who dies with the most toys wins! The wife got what she deserved. Don't even go to see her. Don't give her the last word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another possible good story you threw away.The husband already had proof of infidelity from the cotton swab results..He did not need further photos or visual proof.. Also you do not need any evidence of infidelity to get a divorce. You have written enough of these stories to know that. What gives??? Do you really think if a husband knows his wife is cheating he gives a damn whether he has photos or not.. get back on track to realistic fiction. You actually have written a few. I do not even want to discuss your terrible 2nd part. You disgrace you story telling with it.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Why would anyone feel guily that their spouse caught an STD, died because they cheated? This ending ruined a good story. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a stupid story. In order to prove that his "CSI senses" were correct he buried a worthwhile charity. He could have nailed his wife and shown her to be the asshole she was by showing her coercing Reggie but instead he made Reggie out to be the bad guy. And then he splits and leaves everyone else to deal with the fallout he caused. Dude wasn't just a nerd he was coward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was going really well until the author decided for reasons known only to himself to detonate a bomb underneath it at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hated the ending. She didn't deserve to die, but why would he go see the shrew and WHY would he give the Mission anything? Not his fault his wife was cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sappy. In too many of these stories, MC lets his life implode for the sake of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Complete trash. She has an ongoing affair and everything suddenly becomes HIS fault? Her death was a little over-the-top but trashing the Mission that she used as cover for her affair, was, again, not his fault or problem. Giving them the money was dumb. Okay story until you punted the end.

Finn80561Finn80561over 1 year ago

She got what she deserved. No way would anyone have done the things he did. The story should have stopped with his victory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pathetic

Ocker53Ocker533 months ago

Started out good then finished with the ridiculous ⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You write some great stories, and sometimes not. This one didn't work.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

what? Why visit and I would keep the check.

TLHianhinTLHianhin19 days ago

Why would he ask for forgiveness from her? He did nothing wrong to her. She screwed up. It only allowed her to get the last word in. Stupid.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous