The Layered World Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He instructed the cabbie to let him out on the beach side of Ocean at the intersection with 4th. It was five to ten. He began to walk towards the beach and in a few dozen yards, Branscomb came out of a shadowy drive and joined his side. "Jay, you could be an agent, arranging this rendezvous so carefully."

"Tim, it's good to see you. The chain of command decided this was agreeable?"

"It took a couple of nasty phone calls, but here I am."

"I suppose they insisted on a wire?"

"Yes. Partly for curiosity and partly for our protection. There are friendlies nearby."

They crossed the beach to wet, hard sand and turned north. "We have a number of things to discuss. My associates and I believe Manco Enterprises may be targeted by the jihadis. The Abramowich connection may not be coincidental. You no doubt are aware he had more than one employer."

Tim was silent for a moment and finally spoke. "Langley has a special interest in you because of the wealth angle. Your profile suggests exposure to blackmail, kidnapping and other sorts of things like that."

"Yes. I have long since taken steps to deal with the ordinary type of those risks. Of course, dealing with terrorists raises the ante."

"My superiors would very much like to discuss mutual avenues of cooperation."

"Our plans are at a very early stage, but that may be possible. Of course, there are risks to both sides, and caution is necessary."

"Would you consider one of our bright and recently employed agents becoming your employee?"

"Someone for whom a plausible background could be constructed?"

"Yes."

They walked a few yards in silence. "I am not sure whether we are prepared to go that far, but I will consult with my senior advisors and get back to you."

"I wish it wasn't so, but Langley intends to tighten surveillance on your activities. There seem to be a number of very senior people on both sides of the Atlantic with an interest in you."

Jay chuckled and said, "I suppose that is a reward, as it were, for my being helpful now and then?"

"Yes. Especially since most of the help seems to have been rendered to a foreign government."

"We have been thinking about that. When you get home, my London PA, Samantha, will be in touch."

"No details now?"

"No, she will fill you in, face to face. Afterwards, we can discuss further. I have a private word I would like to have. Is there any way you can turn that thing off?"

"Yes, of course. But bodies will appear quickly."

"Do it then."

He brought the small transmitter/receiver out of his pocket and made the little green light go out.

"Tim, we need an ongoing liaison between the agency and my organization. I trust you more than any of the Langley crowd. Do what you can in the next few days to formalize that. I know it will be hard, but try anyway."

Two shadows raced across the sand and pulled up sharply. "Problems?"

Jay said, "Thank you, gentlemen. Do you suppose I could hitch a ride to the Eden Roc?"

There was forced laughter as they walked to the boulevard and the waiting black SUV.

Jennifer smashed herself into him. "You are in one piece? No holes?"

He walked around the suite with her in his arms, tickling and kissing until she screamed, "Stop!"

"Decide what we are drinking and bring me some." He stretched out on the down sofa, ditching shoes and socks.

She clinked her glass of champagne with his. "Do we have anything to celebrate?"

He laughed and said, "They proposed providing us with a new employee."

"No! the evil devils!"

"You never know, he might be smart and studly. A better deal than I can offer."

"I'm not interested. Not the slightest. What else?"

"They intend to keep closer track of me. I think we need to test that. Get out your secure phone and see if there are flights to London and Lisbon reasonably close together tomorrow. I'm grabbing a quick shower."

When he came out from the shower, she had on only her nightshirt and a smile. "Lisbon at four in the afternoon, several to London starting two hours later."

He feinted at her, causing a screech, and said, "Excellent. Get on the phone again and tell Sam to book two first class seats on British Air for tomorrow afternoon. Tell her the meeting went well and plans need to be adjusted."

While Jennifer did that, he checked his email, which he assumed would be even more closely surveilled than before. Nothing of interest except PA notes saying their insurance and reinsurance would likely cover the costs of the plane crash.

Jennifer came from the other room, still smiling, and straddled his lap. The lightly furred bottom was close to his fingers. "They are fine. The tickets are already purchased. Said they would send a car for us." She leaned forward, and brought his hands to her breasts. "I need stress relief."

"Naughty. Mama would not approve."

The impossible smile was still on her face. "Everything I do for you creates trouble with my mother. Sybil has to intervene constantly. I am looking at your eyes, and they are not thinking sex. What are you up to?"

"In the morning, one of us is going to the TAP office with a handful of cash and buy two back of the bus tickets to Lisbon. The story, in Spanish, is that your father gave us the money to elope. His mistress has been causing trouble about our being in the house all the time."

"I have a better idea. By now, if not before, there is someone watching us. Maybe more than one, given what Tim said. What if we give our story to the woman who serves us breakfast, and enough extra to keep her quiet?"

"You will do this, emphasizing the badness of your father and the goodness of your young lover who has promised a marriage ceremony in Portugal?"             

"Si."

"We will do this, even though the agency may have already employed her?"

"Yes. You said it was just a test, after all."

He eased the nightshirt off and licked the stiff nipples pointing at him.

"I am looking at your eyes, and they are thinking about the sand and sex I promised."

"Si, senor."

She fell forward, the wondrous breasts pressing his chest. Her whisper at his ear said, "If you are too wound up, this can wait."

He gathered her body in his arms and walked to the very large bed, falling into it. "Would you consider my favorite seduction trick, waking you in the middle of the night?"

She rubbed fronts with him. "Seduction? Isn't it a bit late for that?" Saying nothing more, she pulled up the blanket and curled into him.

The sun was just breaking over the horizon when she stretched and yanked his hair. "Some lover you are."

He rose up and bent her over his lap, paddling lightly. "Men are basically useless. Forgetting their promises right and left."

She leaped into the air. "We will have a sunrise swim. Then post-sunrise loving, and room service breakfast."

"And," he said.

"Yes. We will see if there is any evidence of sleepy agents on the beach!"

She clutched his hand tightly as they crossed the hotel's section of beach. The unbound hair was flying and the laughing eyes flashed at him. "Jay, this is such fun!"

Breaking into a run, they dashed to the water, throwing off robes at the last moment. The warm water surprised him, even though he knew the Gulf Stream controlled temperatures hereabouts. Jennifer splashed him and frolicked in a circle. He used a lazy backstroke to head farther out, noticing that the beach was entirely empty in their vicinity.

She swam into his arms and he said, "No agents."

"They have a camera in the palm tree. Waiting for you to tear off my suit."

"Nubile young creatures like you lose their suits all the time on South Beach."

"Are you being crude for my benefit?" He was paddling back to the beach with her floating on his chest.

"I am regretting what I said. Unfortunately, most of the females of whom I spoke are in some form of nasty relationship."

They were standing in the shallows when she said, "Stop a moment."

Holding him by the ears, she smiled, "We are having a fling before flying off into danger. We both know that and have no illusions. I may be young, but I am not dumb. You honor me by your confidence in such a beginner. I honor you as mentor, lover, and co-conspirator. If I ever lose my suit, it will not be because I am in any kind of nasty relationship!"

Bringing her lips to his, she ended with, "You are not to say a word. Not a single word."

They returned to the room in silence, hands folded together.

(cont'd in Part 6 - Excursion in Spain)