The Layered World Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 26 - Madrid

On their return to the parador, Hugh did a scan and found two devices. Jay signaled that conversation would be completely routine and they would ignore the surveillance. In an hour, with advice from the Concierge, they were headed east and north on E-5 for Madrid. In the back of the vehicle was an overflowing basket of lunch. At a quiet spot off the freeway, Hugh checked the van and removed a beacon and a bug. A convenient rock demolished them.

Jay told the group as they maneuvered back on the freeway, "We can expect this the entire time we are in Spain. Do not assume we have been successful in finding every one of them. No public mention at all about Orange. Even the name is verboten for conversation. Hugh will find opportunities for us to have private discussions."

They broke the longish drive with a picnic lunch in a park just to the north of the freeway. There was shade from the hot interior sun. Talk was scarce as everyone thought about coming days and how to handle the Arabs and their obscure ways.

Sybil suggested the van needed a wash before they arrived at a five star hotel entrance. A minute or two on the smartphones found a place less than a mile from the freeway. It was staffed by bare chested young Spanish males, who did a double take at seeing six stunning women but only two males emerge from the van. Fina and Jennifer flirted shamelessly in their school Spanish, deliberately blushing and stumbling over words. It was a miracle the car got washed with all the byplay. When it was ready to go, each attendant got a kiss from the young ones. Urgent invitations to return echoed in their ears as Hugh drove away.

Jay smiled widely, "Perhaps we should send a note to Anthony in the clear saying the rendezvous has been accomplished? Can you imagine Spanish intelligence tracking down that crowd?"

The mood was still light as they drew up to the hotel, where several bellmen took charge of the luggage and the vehicle, which looked sad amongst the Mercedes and Audis.

The adjacent suites were grand indeed, with floor to ceiling silk drapes and antique furniture. Hugh and Jay were investigating the bar when Jennifer called out, "Look! He is gorgeous!"

Open in her hand was a hotel envelope with a single sheet of paper. "Dear Jennifer, my name is Allan McNulty and my orders are to report to you for further assignment. I hope this note finds you well." He signed it simply Allan and a room number. The note had been done on a color inkjet with a copied picture of a very handsome auburn haired young man.

The PA's read it over her shoulder in disbelief. "Can't be. Some kind of trick. How does the CIA acquire a devil like that?"

"Oh my, this is going to be fun. Are Fina and I allowed to make immediate contact?" They looked anxiously at Jay and Hugh, who looked at each other and laughed loudly.

Letting them wait, Jay finally said, as seriously as he could, "His orders are no doubt to be as nice as possible and to extract information as rapidly as possible. The PA's will go in the bedroom with you and rehearse a story or two. Dress as two college women on vacation in Spain would. Heavy on the naivete until he finds you out. Whatever hour you return, I want a report on whether he has penetrated your defenses."

Shortly, the PA's were back and Jennifer was making a call to Allan's room. Her voice was the perfect blend of curiosity and hesitation as she explained that she and her roommate had been abandoned by the group for the evening and she hoped it was all right if the three of them went to dinner together?

She hopped up and down as he responded with all the right words. She put the phone down and laughed. "He sounds perfect. Are we allowed any physical contact?"

Sybil responded, "Not one inch beyond a chaste kiss. This is Spain, for heaven's sake. Preserve your family honor! No Wiltshire handstands!"

The room broke up completely as they waved goodbye out the door.

Jay asked, "They will be followed?"

Hugh smiled, "Some Spanish lieutenant's job is on the line to keep them safe. I wouldn't worry about tonight. Later on, will be a different story."

The hotel had a variety of restaurants, as such places do, and they chose a small, dark one with an international menu. The food was good, the wine was excellent, and talk ranged widely. Sybil and Sam rehearsed an outline of a meeting agenda, covering insurance issues following the crash, investment opportunities in the Middle East, and other items tailored to each individual meeting. The off agenda items would be most important, of course, but their guests would dictate those upon arrival. Jay could detect that the PA's were feeling better about the trip and its hazards. After all, he thought, the Jihadis could attack in London as easily as Spain, if they set their minds to it.

After a long day riding, a shower and bed drew them quickly after dinner. In fact, the four in Jay's bed were sound asleep when Jen and Fina crept in well after midnight. But instantly awake hands seized their naked bodies and pulled them into the bed, where Natalie whispered that nothing of a private nature was to be spoken. There was much giggling in the middle of comments that he was a lot of fun, had a finance degree from Yale, and seemed terribly smart. It was his idea that the three of them continue his indoctrination tomorrow, for which he had already arranged a car and driver.

Sam asked, "Did he actually use that word, 'indoctrination,'? "

More giggles. "He did, but the word play was terrible all evening. A new put down every minute!"

"We got really hot kisses at our door. He said he is resigning from the agency so that he can marry us! We invited him for breakfast at eight to meet everyone."

The PA's poked them hard, complaining about too much play and not enough work.

"If he wants to marry after one evening, isn't that enough progress? And he didn't even get a hand in our panties!"

Jay said to the PA's, "What do you suppose Tim is up to, sending us an extra smart, extra handsome young Irishman who chats up our girls like crazy?"

"He has dual citizenship," Fina said, "his parents were working at the U.N. when she delivered."

In the morning, exactly at eight, there was a soft knock at the door. The bubbly coeds were in workout clothes and so was he. The handshake was firm and the eyes direct.

Jay said, "You've made a good impression on our apprentices, so far. After the workout, come back for brunch and tell us if it is an ok spot."

"Yes sir. Will do my best, although these two have promised to flatten me for some remarks I made last evening."

"YES! Obnoxious American male! Got us in a dark corner and wanted kisses! Said he had been warned that British girls might be frigid!"

"Stop! That's not what I said! I just suggested that a kiss or two might warm up a good working relationship."

The three of them exited for the gym with smiles.

He looked at the PA's. "You have an hour after breakfast to equip our coeds with today's story or stories. Isn't this a situation that calls for omission rather than madeup facts? His reports up his chain will be scrubbed carefully."

Sybil and Sam nodded. "Yes, absolutely. Descriptions of our business entities that they already have or could obtain with some digging. Profiles of the guests with details that the Agency is likely to have."

The youngest and their handsome man were back in forty-five minutes, sweaty and laughing. He seemed to have the Irish knack for wry humor.

Jay instructed, "Allan, take these two in the shower and get the sweat off. It has been reported that you respected our women last night." A cascade of giggles followed them to the bathroom.

Everyone was munching and the young ones were back when Natalie asked, "Allan is going to want to be useful. What do we offer?" She grinned at him and he blushed at the double entendre.

Jay looked at Allan and answered with a thin smile, "First, you are a hired bodyguard and chaperone. The Arab women will have similar escorts. This will furnish an opportunity to keep your eyes and ears open.

"Second, you are backup for Jennifer's duties as financial assistant to the PA's.

"Third, you are our liaison to the Agency, both ordinary coordination and emergencies.

"Fourth, the three of you are to practice offensive and defensive combat skills. They may be needed. Find a gym near the hotel so the rest of us can work out the kinks ourselves. I don't want to use the one in the hotel.

"Fifth, you are their proxy boyfriend, responsible for daring adventures!"

Hisses filled the room. Jennifer and Scarafina actually blushed. Allan said nothing, trying to absorb the rapid fire directions he had just received.

"Sir, it is incredibly kind of you to bring me into the group so completely."

Jay asked, "Does any of what I said conflict with your directions from Tim Branscomb?"

He stumbled in reply, "No, no I don't think so. We will have a day or two to become acquainted?" He carefully did not look at the college girls.

Natalie walked over and kissed his cheek, giving a pull on the red hair. "You are not to ignore the PA's completely just because these two need a chaperone!"

She found herself instantly in his lap. "Oh, so ye are a feisty Irish lass, are you?" The kiss on her lips was brief but firm. The other women howled.

Hugh and Jay were pleased. Whomever was at the other end of the bugs had heard quite a bit, none of which provided new or sensitive information. Tim would be happy that Jay was keeping up his end of the bargain they had made.

Sybil took charge of the day's schedule. "The PA's and I will draft and send new emails to our guests requesting dates, times and locations over the next ten days or two weeks. The Three, my new label for the college girls plus Allan, will review transportation options, find a suitable lunch spot, and arrange sightseeing for the afternoon. Jay and Hugh will go over security arrangements. Emily will be free to do whatever she wishes!"

Sybil walked straight into Jay with a hug, daring him to overrule her orders. "Well done," he whispered, caressing her tight behind.

There was sparring in the corner, as the Three organized themselves. Allan looked the part of bodyguard perfectly. Fina stared at him, "Do not get familiar, Bodyguard!" and then fell into his arms with a big hug and giggles. Allan looked at the others, "Is it to be giggles all the time?" He was escorted out the door with blows to the head.

Hugh and Jay, outfitted for a tourist walk, explored the neighboring fashionable shopping district, providing a target for watchers while discussing security.

Jay inquired, "Hugh, do you think the Arabs we meet, mostly finance types, will attract high level interest from their own security people? Will they be privy to the Manco connection to Abramowich and the Jihadi inspired plane crash?"

He responded, "The Saudis, themselves, have excellent security, and excellent connections to other security services. For purposes of planning, we should assume the answer to your questions is yes. For the lesser kingdoms, it is harder to say."

"Which suggests that my opening remarks should be candid about Claude and mention that we have raised our security arrangements?"

"Yes. Of course, the main thrust should be your interest in sharing perspectives on investment opportunities given the threats posed by radical Islam. It is as much a threat to them as to us."

"I am thinking, Hugh, that perhaps we should use that fancy title we invented for you when we visited Branscomb. It is hard enough on Sybil and the PA's to deal with briefing packages and hotel plans. Would you mind being the liaison to their security people? They would probably appreciate dealing with a tough British male, sexist though it is."

"I would enjoy that assignment. Perhaps the three of us should review arrangements this evening? There is usually some friction between the security detail and the meeting planners."

They smiled at each other. The whole business was getting more complicated and Jay wondered whether a good outcome would result. He hadn't thought about Orange for a whole day and needed to corner Jen and Fina somewhere safe.

Hugh asked, "What about the schedule? I am beginning to wonder about all of us being in one spot for ten days or more."

"Yes, that is a consideration. There is strength in the aggregate experience of our group, but also an obvious vulnerability. For that reason, as well as the needs of other clients, perhaps Sam and Natalie should return to their home bases after the Tarragona meeting. They can be brought back if necessary. We can deal with plans for the young ones later, and in the meantime, they can work with Allan."

Hugh smiled, "Work with? Perhaps in more ways than one?"

(Cont'd in Part 7 - Success with the Arabs)