All Comments on 'The Lazy Lemon Sun Ch. 01'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments (Page 2)
frazodfrazodalmost 10 years ago

This is probably my favorite story of yours. I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

Man, I wish I had your writing talent.

Thank you, and I hope you write some more.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
This Is The Best Story on Lit.

I'm astounded and all that jazz. This is Fuckin' Brilliant. AbsoFuckin' Brilliant. And I haven't read the rest of it...

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I've seen this title several times and for some unknown reason never started to read the story. I'm glad I did now. Very good writing and reading. I see big trouble on the horizon in the marriage. Reading will tell. Cheers!

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Stop selling yourself short in the intros

You're one of the best authors I' had the pleasure of reading here.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
when someone perceives you as 2nd best

a runner up, you don't, ever, stand a chance. You will never be good enough, no matter what. No matter how much you achieve on your own. No matter what you accomplish, it is never enough. In their preconceived minds. Not because you are limited or diminished in any way, but because of their expectations. What they believe you should be doing FOR THEM.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

From a fellow Tennesseean, really, really good. An erotic story doesn't have to be overtly pornographic to be truly erotic. The sexual tension in this story is palpable. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Excellent work

You've written a very good story here, one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading & for me that's important. I did feel it needed a bit more oomph in parts especially when Sandy was missing in action, so to speak. Mark, just seemed to accept her disappearance as something that was not very important to him or their marriage; ah, communication or the lack of, can be the destroyer of marriages. Overall a great job, hope the rest lives up to this. 5 * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great beginning

Congrats. Great beginning. Four out of five. Extremely well written. I'm intrigued by both characters. Usually I can tell where a story's going from the open chapter, but I am not sure about this one. I like erotic stories that have strong detail outside the relationship to give it a sense of place and this one does that. I look forward to reading more. Cheers. Steve

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

read this about three years ago. Still one of the best. A writer greatly missed. You have incredible descriptive power, without coming across as tedious. Five stars and definitely in my top ten.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
What an excellent start!

Generally, in stories of this length, we would have already had the wife's adultery. I assume it happened during his busy, busy schedule, but our hero never discovered it. (He certainly suspected bcs he could never find her.) So, who did she screw and is it over?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There's more to it

I think she has already been cheating on him and it will come to bite her on the ass very soon.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

so when is Leroy's baby due?

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013about 8 years ago
Excellent start!

Very well written - five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I like this author very much 5 *s worth.

The ring of doom toss indicates no happy ending, along with several carefully crafted adverbs and adjectives. I can't wait to see what curvs are around the corner for this young man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great author!

I'm in my third reading of this story. Maybe fourth. That says alot, other than about my slowly eroding memory. In standard store-bought novels, I have a long history of re-reading favorites, and do it also for the on-line variety when they warrant the love.

Strongest cudos, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The Shrugger

I wonder if his shoulders are tired all the time. Every time someone asks him a Aquestion he just shruggs.

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
Nothing but the best

This is also my third reading of this story. I trawl Literotica looking for something new that inspires me then I revert to the best of Loving Wives series. This is written like a Grisham novel and I have empathy for Mark the lead character.

I have tried to write like this, failing miserably three times though I have a unique story plot to unravel. Well worth another read. Thanks to Rehnquist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You did say it was long drawn...

... but you never said it would be a drag. This whole chapter was a glorified introduction and the actual plot hasn't even begun. Jeez.

And lemme guess, the father fucks the daughter-in-law, etc. Right?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Why tell his father that he applied at the PD's office? Or better yet, apply out of state!

"You're not even going to thank me?" - Thank him?! For trying to run his life? ROFL!

Oh, boy! Now that her first choice is dead, Sandy's interested in Number 2!

"Trust me, do I ever know that." - There are all sorts of ways to take that, many of them NOT good!

She admits that if both he and Stevie asked her out she would have chosen Stevie, so he's clearly second choice, chosen only because Stevie is dead.

On its own, at least 4 stars, going to hold score till the end.

mower9527mower9527about 7 years ago
great first chapter/section!

Very impressed with your storytelling. Absolutely tremendous story!

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 7 years ago
Wherever this is going... it's gonna hurt

Nice start to this tale - you can just feel the dread throughout the whole thing... which, let's face it, is a big part of the fun in reading this type of story!

One thing that this chapter made me realize about most, if not all, of those specific LWs saga: the main male protagonist rarely has any friend. Like, really, Roberts is way too nice and chill of a guy to not have at least one BBF to give him some concerns about his life choice, like say: "Bud, I know she's hot and everything, and I know you had it real bad for her forever, but, if I were you... I wouldn't hook up with my dead bro's fiancee. That's some bad juju right there. Just me, man."

Sadly, those type of friends are never there for those poor cuckolds. lol

Anyway... on to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story, but....

He's an ass! No career is worth giving up time with your wife, especially when the marriage is so new! OK! He won the case! Think he couldn't have accomplished it anyway with a little better time management??? Then he fails to ask her the question that immediately struck ME when she's not at home when he is! Who's she been fucking all those nights?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anon 8/14

When you are deeply in love with someone and have no reason not to trust them you don't even consider that your spouse is cheating. Even being gone. The trusting answer is that she was pissed and board and was out doing her own thing. She even said she was working like he was.

Yes he was somewhat selfish with his priorities but in the story there didn't seem to be a chance to explain. I mean she blew him off before he arrived at 2:10. Couldn't give him 10 minutes or a call.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
I guess

he was used to being manipulated. Why else would he have put up with getting pushed into marrying her in the first place?

I'll have to go back now and see if I commented the first time I read this story.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Fantastic...

Not my first time reading it, but I'm loving it all over again. Such a great writer, I really wish you were still cranking out the stories. 5 stars, of course.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
I had forgotten...

...how damn good the writing is in this story. Glad I decided to re-read it.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 5 years ago
Wow

Amazingly good story. Loved every bit of it.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Simply wonderful...

Y'know, I was going to skim, perhaps even skip, the first chapter of this story since I've read it all before, loved it, and I wanted to get to what I consider to be, the juicier, meatier parts as quickly as possible. I couldn't do it.

I started by jumping down the first page and grabbing the first sentence of a random paragraph, then telling myself, "Oh yeah, yeah, this was a good part. I'll go back a couple of paragraphs and start there." So I backed up a couple, read for a couple of seconds then told myself, "uh, a little higher on the page and I'll start there." In short order, I was reading your introduction and that's where I had to begin.

Couldn't skip anything. You have a knack for building the flavors and emotions needed to make a story great and it would be a shame to deprive myself of them; it would diminish the overall effect. Fantastic writing. Thanks for posting. 5 stars, certainly.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago
I'm Leary

What was the wife doing ,Or should I say who was the wife doing while hubby was trying to free a innocent man from a wrongful convection. I would think he would have the money to have someone keep an eye on her to see who she was spending all her time with.

mower9527mower9527almost 5 years ago
second time around

i read this story when i first started on this website. the build, the dialogue, the plotting. like a how-to in great story telling. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Sometimes you just wish the happy couple could just stay happy, but that’s not what this category is about, is it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!!

Suddenly she's alright with what happened???!!! Fuck that! He should have told her to "hit the bricks"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
a bed of roses

Life is a bed of roses, soft petals, heavenly scents, vibrant colours, and vicious thorns. welcome to the real world !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Where?

Where the hell did he think she was during the case? Then he just takes her back, no questions asked? Anyone that stupid deserves whatever crap she piles on him in the future.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great start

Very interesting start to the story. I don’t care much for lawyers or politicians , but this is interesting and I know how good this author is. I’m in for the long haul.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great

Prediction: Sandy was seeing another man while he was working so much???

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Ruh-roh! Not looking good for our boy...

Well written!

mower9527mower9527over 3 years ago

ever' time i read this, i like it more 'n more. where are you Justice Rehnquist?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
flashbulbs?

What is this the 70s? haha Good story though

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
.Yup

Great job giving Mark fullness, he seemed real. Sandy , I saw as a cardboard cutout. Story is excellent. 5

burningloveburningloveover 3 years ago

Great read!! *****!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What was she doin’?

Who was she screwin’? Well written, interesting story. Four stars (due to slow buildup) so far. Thank you for your effort, Rehnquist!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago
great story

Great feel good story at the end there. Rather heartless wife not trusting what her husband was doing. Of course the big question is what was she doing for the three months she deserted him? Problem is he didn't even ask or look into it. Been there done that.

When married you cannot sit around wondering if your spouse is cheating. You have to trust until someone proves they can't be trusted. The marriage vows are a pledge and a promise. You must live up to your promise or you are not a trustworthy person. Very good writing and a good story.

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

Probably the fourth or fifth time I’ve read this since you first posted it. My all-time favorite.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Pretty sad when people lose faith and trust in someone they have made a promise to, that what marriage vows are a promise. If you can't keep a promise you never should have made it. Why have marriage vows when they seem to mean nothing to over 50% of the couples who make them? Third time for me on this story and it still disturbs me and that credit goes to the author. Good writing, excellent flow and character development.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

yeah and I'll give a 4 as well. It was OK but it dragged in the details of the court case too much. You need to spend more time on the primary characters and their failing relationship. I see an epic BTB on the horizon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story and writing. Throughly enjoyed the character building. Can’t wait to read more

doug1247doug1247almost 3 years ago

Well written and decent character development. Do we ever know anyone fully? Can we allow ourselves to be fully

known? How do you come back fully from being left and then returned to?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing. Having pulled all-nighters more than a few times getting briefs out before demanding Federal District Judges, I can tell you that Rhenquist nails the exhausted elation of winning on a short-timed pleadings and hearings.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

If you're writing kitchen progressing as well as this please get some serious thought charrotting a novel somewhere in the next 3 or 4 years.

Your pots are engaging, Real page turner, And the characters are so real as to almost be palpable.

I guess thank you so much for your work I really look forward to reading it in fact this particular story I can't put down thank you.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Pres. Biden (from my home state) always bringing up his departed Son, Beau for the sympathy vote. Younger brother, who is worthless, married his older brother's (Beau) widow. Lasted a year or so True Soap Opera.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I'm usually opposed to back story, as it usually only tells us what's obvious, that they met, dated, fell in love and got married. But there was obviously a lot more going on than that.

CaptainRiverCaptainRiverover 2 years ago

This is Rehn writing the great American novel. Good literature, this.

Thanks for an amazing read.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 2 years ago

Someone recommended me this and I am glad they did. This seems to be great.

dmallorddmallordabout 2 years ago

I'll be back! This was well written. I enjoyed the main character's sensitivity and his narrative of so those detailed legal points - not to deep but salient enough to generate credibility in the role of the defense of a wrongfully convicted person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I come back every so often to revel in the emotions and appreciate the great writing. Just a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tremendous writing! I’ve read this series before and it deserves a second reading. Five stars ⭐️ for a great storyteller!

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

Revisiting your stories after seven or so years. I have to disagree with Cloacas (if I may) but I think the aggrieved husband flight scenario has not been over done. It is merely a jumping off point for creative minds. You, Rehnquist, are one of those.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

I'm torn between 5 stars for good writing, and 1 star for the guy not even remotely questioning what and who his wife was doing for 3 months and just accepting her back. I mean I get it it's probably needed for the rest of the story, being part 1 of 4, but it still rubs me so very wrong on many levels.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

..just finished the four, lengthy pages of Chapter One, first time out! Quite well written I must say, but with zero suspense so far, and I will be VERY surprised if it does manage to veer away too far from the predictable tale with the obvious conclusion but, we will wait to see what surprises the Author has in store for us, and how well he will handle the predictability. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just loved it. Rehnquist writes beautifully and his plots are wonderful.

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

One of the best beginnings of a story I've come across. I love long stories when they're well-written...like this piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant professional writer who really understands his craft.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2over 1 year ago

I know what category this is in. Nonetheless, the wait for the dropped shoe is delicious, both for when it will happen, what will happen, and the hope that it does not happen, all mixed with an appreciation of the inevitability of outcome. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gripping

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

well written story, engrossing , all that. Clues to bad future are scattered throughout the 1st chapter. 1- the speed and willingness of the whore to switch from alfa brother to beta bro is a sign, the daddys have included her in their plot, whatever it may be and shes been bought in whatever way was required to get her full cooperation. She will fuck, and manipulate MC and do as shes told in the relationship to undermine beta hubby while enabling the daddys plans and her creature comforts and wealth. She was too aggressive going after sex w/ beta boi(MC), she admitted that she preferred older bro, evidently the daddys plan was already ongoing when alfa son died. She gets locket from MC and right after, author says "she tried to place a smile on her face" ie she knows MC will love her for real and she will betray him prolly sooner than later, she may gregret doinfg so but she will honor her plan to take care of her needs before any BS marriage or family. Her look of triumph be4 1st sex was cuz she knew then he would not be a problem to cheat on, manipulate etc. Her respect for his passion, music , is displayed when she talks about his"silly little band. Shes a good whore, prolly lied about her orgasms and how his dick werent no VW but was a ferrari, later she says" then i guess i love you too" what a great and pasasionate assertion of love from her. BS. Then she doesnt support his appeal case cuz jealous or resentful that everything he does is not about her, disappears forever and never explains where or why. he is stupid and or naive, she is as evil selfish a cunt as were going to run into in LWs and thats saying a lot of bad about her. rk

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Personally, am not into the pseudo legal stuff, but I do think it is well done. But, I’m still here for the Femdom agitprop to come?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting. I was hoping he was going to move into trial law, or maybe some sort of probate law that might be easier and take up less of his time so he could work on his music. Mt guess is that his wife is fucking her way up the chain, like most of the LW stories go. I haven't gotten into the next chapter yet, so I don't know. I gave it 4 stars, as I'm not into all of that legal stuff. I was however hoping for more sex, as this IS a sex site.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker11 months ago

Hmmmmm🙄🙄🤔🤔... To soon to say one way are another

Next witness please.. !!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Re-reading this for the nth time. Know what is coming and am aware at how well planned and organised this first chapter sets the scene for what is to follow. Brilliant writer.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, I enjoyed it. BUT!!! no-one, alsolutely NO-ONE, can ever be compared to the goddess of the universe that was, no IS!, Audrey Hepburn. Hence only 1/2*.

M

60022Mallard60022Mallard8 months ago

Wonderful timing for the wedding decided quite a while in advance.

Perhaps we need politicians who make their money before they get in to office and do not rely on favours given and received?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A few take-aways: Even if Nat was innocent and wrongly convicted, healthy relationships don't need to be sacrificed and burnt on the altar of his innocence. There will always be wrongly convicted criminals, just as there are a vast majority of criminals that never are convicted on all that they do. The MC can work reasonable hours and keep his relationship strong, that is allowed.

Second, if I were a young husband loving my wife, I would want some good answers about where my wife were when missing and expected at home. Apparently, this guy doesn't mind sharing his wife with others. Don't ask, don't tell indeed. A wimpy type of man in my books.

Madeira1076Madeira10767 months ago

Yike, the way Sandy and her friends acted, there is something coming?

Good job.

UncertainTUncertainT7 months ago

Foreshadowing much?

KahunabobKahunabob7 months ago

Ooooh political drama and intrige starring the closest thing the USA has to royalty. I like. As for the story, felt like a good, well written first act. Like UncertainT below me stated... Foreshadowing seems a bit on the nose, especially with the tossing the ring spoiler. If you ever do a re-write, I'd probably leave that bit out, just start 'in the past'. Still plenty of foreshadowing left, but it's a pretty big spoiler. Even though we all know that betrayal is going to be part of it. Diving into the next chapter now :-)

mariverzmariverz7 months ago

Recordába la historia pero recordaba el título

Me encanta esta serie de historias

Gracias por publicar!

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Good start, but trouble at the mill looming.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fantastic writer1

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut5 months ago

I don't give scores part way through. I got something very badly wrong once.

I normally don't comment either.

This has the beginnings of a very good story, which I tend to believe means it will be upsetting.

Why do I enjoy(sic) reading things that will upset me?

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

She’s already cheated on him, you can feel it in the story. The whole lead up reeks of it.

The sad part is a bit of him knows it too, but chooses to ignore the evidence of absence and the attitude of her friends.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just find it so hard to care about anyone that works such long hours. You shouldn't be married because you can't commit to a relationship if you're working such long hours. You deserve to be cheated on because you're cheating on your partner by working so long. You should be single.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Working long hours to keep an innocent man out of jail for decades is a noble cause, wife being prissy about it is a typical selfish woman. I bet the cunt cheats on this good man you can tell, shes a selfish whore that needs all his attention like a spoilt child.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I’ve read this story probably 5 times over the past couple of years. I love it. I really like the way you write. While I’m not sure if you even read the comments anymore, I would really like to know if you’re still writing and where I can go to read your latest works.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I liked this part. Yes, I've read the entire series, including a sort of prequel of the 2nd part and 3rd part where he hooks up with a old guitar player who he writes songs with. I do feel he knows she's been cheating on him, but has let it go since he has no real proof.

Beardog325Beardog32528 days ago

His wife has all.ready had her first affair gone for days out of contact all the signs. He should dump her ass now before it gets worse.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous