All Comments on 'The Legacy of Eros - Dark Son Ch. 01'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

Damn that was super nice hope there's more.5 🌟 as always thanks

Bammerman76Bammerman76over 3 years ago

So great to see you back posting your amazing stories. Looking forward to seeing where you take this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How about finishing some of your other stories

It's nice to see you are writing again, but is there any hope you will finish either (1) Life as a New Hire, or (2) One in Ten?

FinalStandFinalStandover 3 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

Chapter 48 of Life As A New Hire is with my editor and its a biggie. Chapter 49 (the Great Hunt!!!!) should conclude the story arc at which point Cael and Company take a break ... until the next story arc (ya know Christmas with Desiree and Carnival in Rio).

One in Ten ... I'm currently blocked up on Chapter 12, but I haven't given up, or anything like that.

For everyone else, this story arc with Dark Son will run for 5 chapters and sets up for the next story arc which will run for an unknown number of chapters as I haven't finished writing it yet and, since I plan to finish LAANH Ch. 49 first ... may take a little while to complete.

I hope this helps.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good start

Good start to the story - I agree that it would be wonderful if you could finish Life as a New Hire - loved that and where it was going.

noodlyarmsnoodlyarmsover 3 years ago

Looking forward to where we go from here. Loving the balance of parody with genuinely fun superhero action.

SorchakSorchakover 3 years ago
While I am glad

to see you back writing, I'm really hoping you'll finish a few of your other stories. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to read about Cáel and the Great Hunt; I feel that stopping point of his 90 days being over was a good place to take a break. But I'm really wanting to find out what happens to Zane and crew in Christian College Sex Comedy. That just kind of petered out in the middle. I also wanna know what happens next in What My Brother Left Me. I hope you can bring back the 'head space' that let you write those 2 stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Happy Surprise

Happy to see your name pop up this morning. Hope that you are doing well. Thank you for all of the stories that you have posted. I have truly enjoyed all of them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
New character idea

I was reading this while the tv was on. It was playing one of the John Wick movies. So I had this idea... picture some bad ass super, hired by a mob boss like Kori, to get revenge on some mysterious figure who hit a warehouse or something.

The super, who can casually handle a dozen people without breaking a sweat, tracks down this mystery guy. He’s in a nice black suit, torn up from some fight. He’s obviously injured and bloody. The super turns to him and says something like “I’m gonna rip you a new asshole! Who the hell do you think you are robbing from xxx?!?!

Then, this man in black, turns to the super and says, “John Wick”

The super gets this scared look on his face and says, “please don’t fuckin kill me!”

CH51143CH51143over 3 years ago

Really cool story. Enjoying the internal ethics of an up and coming villain! Also can't wait for 48 & 49 of LNH, excited for the hunt! Thanks for all you've done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Complete your other stories, please

You were once my favourite writer, until you turned villain by failing to finish your stories; Christian college sex comedy, the mother I never knew, the other child etc.

I know you don't owe me nothing, but please

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

I think part of the reason I like Finalstand's work so much is the dialogue? Even good writers can ruin a story by the mundane nature of their characters interactions.

With Finalstand even casual interactions take on a life of their own and force the reader to be engaged otherwise you miss all the nuance and detail that mark a good writer from a genuinely great one.

This is part of what makes Terry Pratchet, JRR Tolkien, David Gemmel and Raymond E Feist so good the depth and breadth of their characters and their wonderfully engaging narration.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES