The Letter of Destruction

Story Info
The love letter to her husband, leads to her destruction.
8.1k words
4.35
173.8k
255
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CindyTV
CindyTV
1,931 Followers

Letter of Destruction

Thanks to Pat and CTC for their edits and ideas.

I'M WORN OUT. Two long weeks on the road getting the new international office in London up and running combined with the excessive travel has taken it out of me, but being away from my girls was the worst part and the sixteen hours of travel home were hell, even in first class. I hated being away from my girls and my sexy wife. I always do, but the lifestyle I've created for my family means the job can be demanding.

Because of high demand, my energy company had grown and expanded into twelve countries. Five years ago, I bought out Roger, my partner. Those five years have been demanding yet rewarding. But I'm finally ready to sit back and enjoy the success as I've hired a new President to run the operation while I remain CEO and owner.

I plan on giving the girls the good news as soon as I get home. I'm excited because I'll have more time with my family and friends and will be able to get back to living a normal life. Don't get me wrong, I love how my company has grown, but deep down my goal has always been to spend most of my time watching my girls grow up and spending more time with my wife. I feel blessed to finally have the opportunity to pull back and enjoy the fruits of my labor at the age of forty-five.

Over the years, the country club memberships, the new Lamborghini SUV that Zoe wanted, the private school for the girls, the new 10,000 square foot house Zoe talked me into, along with all the extras, were expensive, but worth every penny when I saw their smiling faces and felt their warm hugs.

My life may have been stressful, but has always been full of love and warmth. I wouldn't change a thing and I was now looking forward to the next chapter of my life, with my family. Thirty minutes from home, while my driver wove through-traffic, I sat in the back of the limo, relaxed and enjoying my second glass of bourbon I'd poured from the sidebar after we left the airport.

As we pulled around the circular driveway, the house seemed quiet, but I knew from experience that in a few minutes the girls would be jumping on their daddy, and their mommy would greet me with a warm kiss and the promise of a wonderful night with her in my arms.

To my dismay, I walked into an empty house. The only sound was that of the driver placing my bags in the foyer. I called out. There was no answer. That was odd, the girls were always home when I returned from a trip. I hoped everything was okay. Then I saw the envelope with my name displayed in her wonderful handwriting. "To Jonathan, from your Loving Wife, Zoe."

After the driver left, I took my bags to my room, got out of my suit and into some comfortable sweats and then headed to the bar for a fresh glass of Eagle Rare 10-year-old malt bourbon. Anticipating a loving message from my wife, I settled into my favorite chair and took a log swallow of the expensive elixir, relishing the burn, before opening the envelope.

Jonathan, My Love;

What an amazing journey we've had as husband and wife. I've cherished every minute of the last 16 years and I look forward to the next 50 together as your loving wife.

Darling, you know I love you so much, and you are the world to me. You are my entire life, and I cannot live without you. The love you give me is all I want, and I long to be in your arms each and every day. I've missed you so much over these last two weeks, and I can't wait to see you later tonight. (Hearing these words warmed my heart, even more than the bourbon warmed my belly. I'm a lucky man to have her as my wife.)

Did I tell you lately that your sweet tender lovemaking makes me tingle whenever I think of you? Do you remember me telling you just before you left on this most recent trip that I'm madly in love with you, and want to be with you forever?

Whenever I look at our girls, I see how much they respect and love you because you're the best father any child could ask for. They love you as much as I do, and we are all blessed to have you in our lives. (Wow, I always tear up when I think about my two girls. I love them more than all my possessions and can't wait to hold and kiss them again.)

I never told you this, but all of my friends are jealous of our relationship and how affectionate we still are to each other, even after all these 16 years of marriage. They all know how deeply in love we are, and they wish they had that in their own lives.

There are several reasons for this letter, darling. One is to thank you being you, for giving me the most wonderful 16 years of my life, for being an amazing dad to our children, for the wonderful lifestyle you've allowed us to experience, and most of all, for all the love you constantly shower upon me.

The other reason is something that I feel I need to share. It's something that has been troubling me for the last six months. It's something I never expected, and unfortunately, it has become an important part of my life. (This doesn't sound good. I'm not sure I should read any further and definitely not until I refill my glass to steady myself. It must be the Jet-Lag, Zoe and girls are my life, I can't believe I had bad thoughts. She probably joined a new club or started an expensive new hobby. Let's see what she needs to share...)

Everything you've just read is true, and I mean every word from the bottom of my heart, which makes what I'm about to tell you the hardest thing I've ever done. As much as I love you and will never stop loving you, I have a confession to make. I pray you will understand and not give up on me or leave me over this.

I've had a lover for the last six months. I really shouldn't call him a lover, because he's more of a sex partner. I have no feelings or love for this man, but we share a sexual relationship. (What the hell! Zoe is cheating on me? After all the love and affection, all the freedom, everything she's ever wanted, she betrays her vows? Our sex life was great, how can this happen? I can feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces. No, Zoe would never take a lover, would she? I trusted her with my heart and soul, how could she destroy everything we've accomplished together? All these years, destroyed by a tawdry fling? She can't be that stupid.)

The reason I'm telling you now is out of respect and a deep guilt. I can't live with this guilt any longer, and I need you to know that I've been unfaithful, but only in a sexual sense. You will never understand this, but I feel no love for him, just a sexual chemistry I can't explain. He does things to me I cannot put into words, and as hard as I try, I can't stop. He's become an addiction and I need him in my life.

I'm sure you have a lot of questions and I'll be completely honest. I respect you too much to lie or hurt you in any way, but I'm afraid this confession has probably caused you some pain, and for that I can only hope you can understand this something I need. (You've done more than cause pain, you fucking bitch. Complete honesty? You've already lied to me; how can I trust you again? What have you done, Zoe?)

Please believe that I've done my best to keep it apart from us and not allow it to affect our lives. And if you think back, I think you'll agree you have seen no difference in our relationship, and I know we've both been happy. Nothing has changed between us since this started, but I realize it can't end soon, so it's only fair that you know all about this. No secrets, baby. I love and respect you far too much to ever do that.

Please understand that my need for him is just physical, and I won't allow my time with him to interfere with our love or intimacy. I just needed to let you know that there is another part of me which I've given to another man, but that part of me has nothing to do with my love for you and the importance of our family. Family is the most important part of my life and my number one value. Nothing will change that.

I know that reading this will be a shock, and painful to hear, but I know the type of man you are, and how much you love me. Knowing this gave me the confidence and courage to confess my affair, because I know deep down that you will understand my needs and forgive me. Your patience and understanding are just two of the many things I love about you, sweetheart. (If you knew the type of man I am, you would have never done this to me and the girls. You've severely underestimated me, and you have just ended our marriage. You can forget any forgiveness. No, the only thing you'll get from me is revenge.)

Our girls are at your mom's house for the night, so no need to worry about them, and they can't wait to see their daddy in the morning. Tonight, I'm with my friend, because I wanted to give you some time alone to read my letter and understand how things will be from now on. I'll be home around 10 p.m. and we can pick up where we left off, as if nothing changed, because nothing has changed, darling. I love you just as much today as I did yesterday and after we reconnect tonight, I know I'll love you even more, if that's even possible.

I'll be all yours once I get home, and you can make sweet love to your loving wife again. Just remember as you read this that you are the love of my life, and I am yours, until death do us part. I'm yours, baby, and I'll give you whatever you want or need. Thank you for being you and the best husband a girl could ask for!

Love always and forever;

Your committed wife, Zoe

XXX Jonathan

AFTER I FINISHED the letter, I realized the glass of bourbon I was drinking was now part of the adjacent wall. I had no recall of even throwing the glass, let alone throwing it hard enough for some of the glass to actually bury several fragments into the wall. Apparently, my subconscious mind had taken over and kicked me into a heightened level of comprehension.

Being able to make fast decisions is what led to my success in business, and I was now acting out of habit. I took out a sheet of paper and wrote a reply letter, sealed the envelope with her name clearly written across the front, and placed it on the table next to the envelope that was addressed to me. I put her letter in my pocket, grabbed some luggage and went up to the girls' room to pack several days of clothes, as we would be taking a little trip.

In the car I called my handler and had them ready the corporate jet for a trip to San Francisco, where I would stay for the near future with my girls. By 6:30 that night, I was in my Range Rover on the way to my mom and dad's house to pick up the girls. I have a corporate apartment near my California office where I kept a full set of clothing and everything needed for an extended stay already in place. The apartment would be the perfect place until I talked to my attorneys and planned my immediate future.

When I pulled into my parents' home, the girls came running out to greet me with a big smile on their faces, and a hundred kisses. They were happy to see me, and I felt myself smile for the first time since I got home.

"Daddy! Daddy's home. We missed you, Daddy, and we didn't think we would see you until tomorrow. Mommy said you wouldn't be back until tomorrow. She had to see her friend Jamie tonight, and we came here to see Grandma and Grandpa."

I hugged and kissed them and felt a tear run down my face from all the love and knowing that their lives were about to change because of their mother's adultery. Their warm embrace did sooth my soul and for just that moment all my problems no longer existed.

The name Jamie didn't escape my attention, and for the time being, placed it into my memory bank. After the girls settled down, I told them I had a surprise, and that we were going on a trip for a few days, and they were going to ride on the company jet. I promised them a fun and exciting vacation. Convincing the girls was the simple part. Explaining things to Mom and Dad was quite another story.

They clearly sensed my anguish and objected to me taking the girls away until I let them read the letter. I explained I needed some time to get to a safe place to think and plan things out without allowing emotions to get in the way. I then explained that I left a letter for Zoe, and I would call her from the jet. Finally, I promised I would be back within two weeks and that this was just a brief trip and not to worry about the girls, as they would be well taken care of.

On the way to the private terminal, I called my new President and told him I was going to be in the California office and that he was to run things on his own and to only contact me for any emergencies.

"William, you have the reins for the next few weeks. Let's see how you do without me there to advise you. I'm sure you'll be fine, and the staff will be eager to assist you. I need some time for a personal matter, so only contact me if it's an emergency. You'll do a great job, and I know my company is in expert hands. Make me proud, William."

"Don't worry, Mr. King. I have it covered, and everything will be fine. Call me for a daily update if you like. I know how hard it can be to put your baby in somebody else's hands. Let me know if you need anything while you're out there."

When we got on the plane, the girls ran up and down the aisle of the 16-seat passenger jet, and played with the flight attendant, who adored the girls. Jessica was one of our full-time attendants and we'd become good friends over the last two years. Spending hours alone on flights can create a friendly relationship with the right people.

It was eleven o'clock, and the girls were sleeping. The cabin lights were dimmed, and the atmosphere was calm and relaxing. That's when I dialed home to speak to Zoe.

"Jonathan, where are you, honey?"

"Zoe, listen closely and don't interrupt because I might lose the connection at this altitude. By now I know you've read my letter and you know that I have the girls with me, they will call you in the morning. I will call you in the next few days to discuss things. Call my mom and dad if you need anything in the meantime. Good night." I disconnected before she could respond.

The flight went smoothly, and we landed at 1:00 a.m. I carried the girls into the waiting limo and then up to my apartment a short time later. I put them into bed, gave them a kiss and then crashed about ten minutes later without even unpacking. There would be plenty of time for that tomorrow.

XXX Zoe Returns Home

I CAN'T WAIT to see my wonderful husband. I long for his touch. These two weeks without him have gone so slowly. I'll be his perfect wife tonight and rock his world. My favorite part of his business trips is always his first night back home. His sexual desire and love for me is amazing.

As I entered the house, I noticed that the lights were off. I bet he's tired from his long trip.

"Honey, I'm home." Maybe he's in bed, I'll check. Not there, and no answer on his phone, and no missed calls or text messages, that's odd. Let me check the patio. Perhaps he's relaxing outside.

On the way to the patio, I noticed an envelope on the table and suddenly I have a bad feeling. It was addressed to me, right next to the one I'd left him earlier. I slowly picked it up and then nervously opened the envelope. I wasn't sure what to expect but before I got a chance to read his letter, my cell rang. It sounded loud in the silence. One glance at the screen showed me was Jonathan and quickly answered his call.

I barely got out a greeting before Jonathan instructed me to listen and not interrupt. He was using what I called his 'work voice', commanding and impersonal. I listened and with each word I heard a little more pain leak into his voice. I wanted to interrupt and tell him I loved him, but decided to wait until he finished. I regretted that decision because he hung up on me. I knew that wasn't good. Things definitely weren't going as I expected.

For a moment or two it was as if I was frozen in time. I just stood there with the phone in one hand, and the letter he referred to in the other. Then, suddenly my heart kicked back into gear and I jolted, dropping the phone. It clattered onto the tile floor but I ignored it and turned my attention to the letter. My hands shook and I could barely make out Jonathan's words through the tears that were running down my face.

Dearest Zoe,

Thank you for your letter and honesty. Yes, our 16 years together have been the happiest years of my life. You have given me two special girls, who I love with all my heart. The love we shared has been special and I'm not surprised to hear that our friends are jealous of our love and intimacy, because you have always been the most important thing in my life.

I was going to surprise you tonight and tell you how I've made some changes at work that will give me much more time to be with you and the girls, but I was the one that got the big surprise, coming home to an empty home. All I thought about on my day of travel was getting hugs and kisses from my girls, and romantic kisses from my amazing, sexy wife, but for the first time in all the years I've traveled, I came home to an empty home.

This was a long, exhaustive trip, and I just wanted to come home and relax with you tonight. But sadly, I sit here alone in my big empty house, a broken man. I was disappointed and sad until I saw the envelope addressed to me on the table. I hoped the letter was going to reveal some surprise from you and the girls, and that you all would be home shortly, but the letter was nothing I would have expected.

Yes, I loved you with all my heart, and as you wrote in your letter, I have been madly in love with you and wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and our daughters and maybe in the future, our grandchildren.

In your letter, I realized that you may have overestimated my understanding and forgiveness. Once I read your confession about your six-month affair, you ended our marriage. In fact, the moment you gave any intimacy to your lover was the end of us as a married couple, we, or should I say I, just didn't realize it until I read your letter. (Tears start falling from her eyes as she just realized that she may have ended their marriage. "No, please God, NO! This can't be happening; Jonathan was supposed to understand." Zoe was now on her knees sobbing into her hands, understanding for the first time that she may have made a big mistake.)

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but, I will not understand, nor accept, your need for another man. I'm happy that you found someone to complete your sexual needs, and your special connection, but for your infidelity, you've given up your right to be my wife and the mother of my children.

The girls are with me, and we are headed to my San Francisco office for the next week. I need time away from you and our home in order to get my head around your confession and your actions. You can call the girls tomorrow afternoon as we won't be landing until 1 a.m. and they will be tired from our trip. I need to be with my girls right now, as they are the only things keeping me sane. They are in safe hands, as you know, so you won't have to worry. Now you'll have lots of free time to be with your lover while I'm working things out.

There is no reason for us to talk, so please don't call or text, as I won't be answering your calls. Please call and FaceTime the girls as often as you like. I will not prevent you from seeing them, nor will I let them know that their mother has traded their daddy in for another man. I'll let you do that when the time comes. (He has to take my call, he loves me. I have to make him understand that I only want him. I'll tell him it's over; I know he'll forgive me. Why won't he answer the phone? Dammit, Jonathan. Please talk to me! He has to talk to me before he does anything stupid. I know him and I have to talk to him quickly and explain things better.)

CindyTV
CindyTV
1,931 Followers