The Liberation of Amy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Sara James foundation was founded that same month January 1991. By the end of that year we were helping as many young unwed mothers as the foundation could handle. We would have to turn women away, unless we got some additional funds from corporations and other philanthropists.

Amy, by virtue of her story, which tragically turns out to have been all too common, was asked to speak publicly to raise awareness and much needed funds. She had a natural speaking ability that made her popular at service clubs and even on local radio and TV. She eventually found herself in demand across the nation on the issues of child rape and pregnancy as related to women's rights. Her contributions to women's health and her activism was rewarded by the Governor's Seal and a letter of Commendation from the Surgeon General.

I was often in the audience as she spoke and saw firsthand her moving testimony that brought to tears even the most stoic in the audience. She spoke and the pocket books opened and we were able to expand the service of the Foundation. We were helping young women across the state and by extension the Foundation helped establish counterparts in other states as well.

At the same time Amy's Law was making it's way through the legislature and eventually was adopted as law. From that day forward it was illegal for parents or guardians to force a minor girl to give up her baby or keep her baby against her will as happened to Amy.

On our 10th anniversary, I took stock of my life and how it had changed so dramatically since that terrible day at the morgue. As I thought about all that had happened, it suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightening: Amy WAS 'Mary Poppins'! Everything and everyone she touched were better for it! She spread her magic wherever she went. She overcame the worst that an evil man had inflicted on her and turned that evil back into good. She reversed the evil that was done to her and reversed the evil done to countless others leaving goodness and mercy and freedom in its place! She was the real 'Mary Poppins', and she was free!