All Comments on 'The Light Within Ch. 02'

by arkadys_lyric

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Morrigan_Morrigan_almost 14 years ago
OH!

This was so devoted from his side. I hope Jayn won't die. And what about that stitches of his flesh? Could they be useful for survival or for mating a little one?

Morrigan_Morrigan_almost 14 years ago
Another thought:)

I was thinking about Jayn and wondering if this piece of him could interact with her DNA creating a new jump in human evolution - a human capable to breed a new form of evolved alien's baby that could be immune to Light?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Thanks!

Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Uh oh - taking a wrong turn here?

I have enjoyed your writing very much up to now. What has me intrigued so far is that two beings that are so very different from each other could feel affection, perhaps even love, for each other. That by definition includes respect. Now it seems that Perikos likes Jayn (as I like my pet hamster), but no longer respects her as a sentient, intelligent being: he clearly states that her thoughts, opinions and feelings are just "enjoyed" (i.e. amusement value).

Power to enforce one's wishes against the will of others does not make one "right" - on the contrary, the ability to respect and accept the wishes and needs of weaker beings is a sign of true superiority, and Perikos' attitude clearly shows that he still has much to learn in this sense.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 13 years ago
This is such a great story!

Yeah, it's got tentacles, but not the way some might think. And the writing is superb. It's a love story, an adventure, mystery, it's got social commentary, a lot of raw eroticism...you can't beat it.

GE

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous