The Lone Princess of Zekrides

Story Info
Pyrei's life changes after a series of attacks on her base.
6.8k words
4.83
3.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey! MrDawnFluffles here! This story doesn't have much actual sex, but I felt like writing something more lore-based. Anyway, enjoy!

CW: Monsters, Free Use, Elderly People

*****

I lurched up; the alarms blaring. I jumped out of bed and put on my Radsuit as quickly as I could before checking my monitors. The power was out; nothing more.

I took a deep breath. I traced my hand along the wall through the hallway, where I hadn't repaired the emergency lights and into the central room. The glow of Yatov II shone down through the glass dome overhead, granting me a bit of light as I made my way to the observation deck.

I picked up the binoculars from the stand and swept over the power grid in the distance. The sandstorm surrounded my base and made it more difficult to see, but I couldn't see anything wrong, at least from here.

I checked the hull integrity of my base, making sure nothing had damaged it. If radiation got inside, all my crops would die and I'd have to rely on rations until I could grow another batch.

Luckily, nothing seemed damaged, and I couldn't detect any radiation.

I made my way back through the central room and over to the airlock. I shut myself in tight and picked up my toolbox from the bench before slamming on the button and opening the door to the outside.

The sand bit at my suit as I trudged through the windswept landscape. After a quick sweep over the outside of the base, I walked over to the power lines. Still no visible damage.

I was getting progressively more worried. Most of the time, it was just storm damage that caused power outages. But every once in a while, a group of Paileni raiders got it in their mind that they could take me, so they'd sabotage my electricity before laying siege.

I followed the power lines to the ravine and carefully stepped across the rope bridge to where the power grid and turbines were set up.

A growing sense of unease filled my stomach, and I found myself fingering the latch to my holster.

I found the door to the command centre ajar, sand sweeping inside. I flicked on the night vision and headed in. The rage of the storm died down as my metal boots met the lead flooring, and I forced the door closed behind me.

Glancing around the room, I could see that all the consoles had been smashed. I groaned, recalling how much work I'd put into them, but I returned my focus to the present. Now I was certain I wasn't alone.

Moving to the next door, I unholstered my pistol and took a deep breath. The following room was empty as well, but I made sure to check behind the supply boxes I still hadn't collected from when I first built this place.

I cast an ear to the following door. Haggard breathing and the sounds of ripping flesh greeted me. After a quick wince, I steadied my breath and thrust open the door. Two Eboros were devouring my backup rations.

I opened fire, catching one of the gaunt humanoids in the arm, but they took cover before I could hit another shot.

I sidestepped the crates and nailed the creature right in the skull, its brains splattering against the dried rations.

As I rounded the next box and fired at the second Eboros, my gun started smoking.

"Stigging useless piece of crap!" I tossed it to one side and drew a knife. The creature stared me down, its pale eyes unblinking and unsettling. Its long claws glinted in the wake of my flashlight.

I charged at it, but it was way faster than I anticipated. It dodged my slash and sliced along my arm, sending a thin streak of blood across the ground.

My flashlight dropped to the floor, casting the room into partial darkness. The creature disappeared behind some more boxes.

I punched myself in the arm, sending just enough of a shock to reawaken my nerves, and I bent over to pick up the flashlight. Right as I stood, the beast tackled me, sending both my knife and flashlight careening into the darkness, my flashlight shattering upon impact.

The creature sat on my stomach, and with a deft slice, it cut open my mask. A few drops of drool splattered onto my face as the creature stared me down, the blackness all-encompassing. I could hear it sniffing, and I waited for the end to come.

But it never did. The creature instead sliced open my Radsuit and my shirt, revealing my boobs. Some more drool cascaded down onto my chest, and I scrunched up my face. I took a deep breath as I felt hot breath on one of my nipples, and I threw my knee upwards wildly.

I caught the creature right in between the legs, and it fell to one side, wailing in pain. I stumbled around the room until my hands found my knife, and just as I was about to end the creature's miserable life, a thought overtook me. What if I could capture and study it? A cure for the radiation might be possible.

I slammed the hilt of my knife into the back of its head, and it stopped thrashing.

I stood and traced my hands along the walls until I returned to the control room. The flashlight I scrounged was usable, though the batteries were on the fritz and it flickered every few minutes. I tied the creature up and went about fixing what I could.

After a few hours of tinkering, I managed to get the lights back on, though the rest of the systems would require more supplies. Supplies that I didn't have on hand. I searched through the boxes and laid claim to a replacement helmet, though there was nothing I could use to replace the chest.

I grabbed some rations that had avoided most of the blood spray and chowed down while I pondered. "Serves you right for not keeping a backup Radsuit at the power plant, dummy."

I looked around, debating what might work, until my eyes settled on the corpse. I pulled out my knife and cut off an enormous section of skin.

The leathery substance came off in a thick sheet. You're a genius, Pyrei. Perhaps a mad scientist, but they really don't get enough credit.

I scraped the gore off of it and picked up a Screwneedle. I attached some copper wire to the end of the needle and threaded the Eboros skin to my damaged Radsuit. God, I hope this works.

By the time I finished, it looked like I was wearing a big grey leather bib, but after pouring a bit of water into it and heating it to evaporation, it seemed airtight.

I donned the new Radsuit and stood at the door. "This could be your last few minutes, Pyrei. What will your last words be?"

I thought for a moment. "Suck it fuckers, I got off this shithole of a rock."

I pushed the button and opened the airlock.

The wind tore at my skin, but I could breathe, at least. The radiation was so strong that if I were to be exposed to it, pustules would break out across my skin within minutes, so I seemed fine.

I crossed the rope bridge without incident and returned to my base, dragging the unconscious Eboros behind me. The airlock opened, the emergency lights of my base greeting me and calming my still-racing heart. I stepped inside, and after pushing the button, took a deep breath.

The power was still out, but at least I'd apprehended the culprits.

I went over to my lab, gathering the supplies I'd need to restore power on the way. I marked down the two Eboros I'd seen on my map. They'd never dared go as far west as they had today, but I wasn't surprised. I'd been expecting an Eboros sighting for a while, though the way they'd just clawed open my doors was worrying.

I tossed the creature into a pen I'd made in case I ever managed to raise livestock, but it would serve its purpose, with its reinforced locks and electric fence. Hopefully, there wouldn't be a way for it to escape.

Heading back upstairs, I could see the creature starting to wake.

I watched it for a moment, then turned away, returning to the main part of the base.

I shook my flashlight and pulled out all my old designs for the power plant. "Let's see: turbine, no. Batteries, maybe. Console. There we go."

I stowed all the plans I would need and gathered the requisite parts. I was missing a few specific screws that I'd used years ago, but I would have to make do for now. Without power, my security monitors were offline, so I wouldn't be able to tell if there were any more intruders until they were on top of me.

I headed back to the airlock, supplies in hand. I switched out my Radsuit for a non-damaged one and opened the door to the outside. As I exited my base again, I realised I'd left my broken pistol at the plant. I looked back at the base, but decided it wasn't worth it. My backup pistol barely worked, and I'd need the supplies required to finish it for the power plant, anyway.

I made my way over to the bridge, but an instinct made me look down. I found myself treading in the footsteps of someone else. Further examination yielded that these were from Eboros too, but bigger than the two I'd killed.

"There's more?"

I dashed to the bridge and made my way onto the swaying metal. As I reached the halfway point, I saw a Paileni at the other side, staring right at me. Shit, shit, shit.

The furry beast brought its sword to the sky and started hacking away at the reinforcements to the bridge, causing me to lose my footing. I managed to catch myself at the last second, hanging onto the sheets of metal dangling above the ravine.

My grappling hook was out just in time for the Paileni to cut through the final wire and sent me plummeting down.

I tumbled through the air, fumbling with the hook until it shot into the air at the last second. Reeling myself in, I caught my breath as I found a foothold below the bridge. I grappled up to the surface, knife in hand as I stood behind the brute.

I stabbed it in the back before backing up and getting a look at it. It was fairly young and small, not having wilted its fur to the radiation yet. With one hand, it raised its shield, gripping its sword in another two fists. Its fourth arm reached into its bag and threw a smoke bomb onto the ground, obscuring both of us in the grey mist.

I dropped to my stomach and waited, the silence of the scorching wind broken by a loud horn sounding out from through the smoke, and huge footsteps approaching from behind me. That must be the Eboros.

I leapt forward, slashing wildly until I collided with the Paileni. I stumbled backwards, the beast like a wall, using my knife to put distance between us. My vision reeled for a second before I caught my footing, just as the smoke disappeared. The beast towered over me, its white fur slowly darkening as the sand stained it.

I reached up and stabbed the creature in the knee, causing it to tumble to the floor, its huge scrap-metal shield falling to one side. I kicked the shield into the ravine and brought my knife to the Paileni's throat.

The helmet of my Radsuit obscured my voice partly, but it still was understandable. "Call off your pet."

I saw it reaching for its horn, but instead of grabbing it, it yanked my foot out from beneath me and leapt on top of me.

The air left my lungs as the monster's foot landed on my chest, and before I could do anything, it grabbed all four of my limbs with its arms and had me splayed out on the ground.

I managed to catch my breath just as the Eboros arrived, this one much larger than the two I'd killed earlier, most likely at least a foot taller by my guess.

As the Paileni held me, its knee buckled again with a crunch. I rolled over and grabbed its sword that was lying on the ground and stabbed it in the chest. I tried to yank the sword out, but it was lodged firmly in the creature's chest. Kicking up dust, I rolled away, but the Eboros wasn't interested in me. It ran straight to its master and pulled the sword out, blood spluttering into the air. I watched as the creature did its best to stop the bleeding, but the wound just worsened.

I found myself on my knees over the dying Paileni, putting pressure on the wound.

What the fuck are you doing, Pyrei?

The Eboros growled, but seeing what I was doing, let me work. I quickly wrapped the wound and used some Radspray to prevent the infection from getting into the bloodstream.

I stood, backing away. "Can you pick him up? I can help him in my base."

The sword's right there, Pyrei. Stab them and be done with it.

But something in my gut compelled me to help them. The huge Eboros tossed the white-furred creature over its shoulder and looked at me.

I grappled my way to the other side of the ravine, and just as I was turning around to help the Eboros across, it landed beside me, a single jump having carried it across twenty-seven metres.

"Duly noted."

I helped the Eboros to my base, and we brought the Paileni inside. You let that beast inside the base? You've lost it.

I shook my head. "The Paileni could be useful allies."

Or it could choke you to death.

I treated as much of the white creature's wounds as I could, though much of the recovery would be up to a mixture of chance and luck. I locked the Eboros in the Medbay with its master, but not before snagging some medical supplies for myself.

I doffed my Radsuit and used an old medical notebook to test if any ribs were broken, but I'd been exceedingly lucky.

I wasn't sure what the Eboros would do now, since it was domesticated. What the fuck are they thinking, keeping a creature like that as a pet? Then again, the database says that humans used to keep things called tigers as pets. Maybe my ancestors are just as weird.

I went up to the observation deck, but the storm had worsened and I couldn't see across the ravine.

I didn't dare cross again. Too much action for one day. I harvested some berries from my bushes and made some Gissel Loaf before tending to the garden and checking on the base.

Everything seemed in order, save for the power being out, but I could survive a few days on the air inside, and the essentials still worked using the batteries.

As I watered the Pasher Shrubs, I heard a crash from the basement. I went down only to be met with the Eboros slamming itself into the wall, electricity biting its flesh every time it did so.

I grimaced, then ran upstairs. Shit. What do they eat?

I grabbed a tranquilizer dart and a chunk of Radmeat. I'd never gotten around to curing it of radiation, but I hoped that wouldn't be a problem for the Eboros.

I tossed the chunk into the pen and the Eboros eyed it for a moment before digging in. I watched as it tore into the meat, picking through the sinew and flesh. It ate each part separately, starting with the fat, then sinew, then sucking up the blood.

What a peculiar creature. I guess I'm not surprised it can be domesticated.

I returned upstairs to see the second Eboros hunched over the Paileni. I tiptoed closer, watching as the creature pulled its master's mask off and stuck a finger up its nose.

It pulled out a long silver thread and wrapped it around its long, black finger. I turned away as it settled down, sitting with its knees to its chest over the white creature.

I checked on the Eboros in the basement, and it seemed to have calmed down. Loud, rumbling snores shook the room as its chest raised and fell, lying in a puddle of blood.

A wave of exhaustion nearly knocked me off my feet, but I only just caught myself. I headed upstairs and got undressed, locking several doors between me and my guests. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes.

My dreams were calmer than usual, and I awoke naturally, nothing interrupting my circadian rhythm. I put on my clothes and stretched, heading back downstairs, Watering plants as I went. As I reached the main hall, I glanced into the Medbay. The Eboros was curled up in a ball off to one side, and the Paileni was sitting up, its eyes open.

As I looked in, its gaze met mine. I was glad I rarely saw Paileni faces. They were dominated by wide-set jaws and thick, bulbous noses. Their eyes were wide set and bloodshot, giving them a permanently crazed look.

I had my hand on my belt, dagger at the ready, but the Paileni just sat there. It stood and stretched its four arms; the muscles flexing in the after-storm light.

I watched as it paced the small Medbay, examining my old supplies. It picked up a few books and looked through them, skimming the contents.

I guess I should have known they weren't as primitive as their weapons led me to believe. Those masks they wear have amazing filtration systems.

I crossed my arms and simply watched as the Paileni explored the room until it seemed to have had its fill. It came back over and looked at me through the window. "Why?"

I stepped back. It can speak Sashain?

"Why what?"

It gestured around. "Why alive?" Its voice was crude and approximate, but the words were distinct enough for me to make out.

"I couldn't just leave you there."

It shook its head. "Yes, could."

"Fine. You called me. I'm sick of constantly fending off your raiders, and was hoping that this act of kindness would spare me future attacks."

It stroked its thick, furred chin with a finger. "Maybe. You build or find?" it said, gesturing around.

"I built this place."

It nodded. "We want you build for us. Tried steal, not kill."

"That's not how it seemed."

"Truth."

"You couldn't just ask me?"

"Feared would say no. Need new houses, Paileni get sick from air."

"Radiation."

It nodded, looking like it was going to say more, but holding its tongue for a moment.

"Too, elders think steal more easy than talk."

I paced back and forth while the gigantic creature eyed me. Its pet was still asleep on the floor.

"I will help you if you can teach me how to tame an Eboros."

It thought for a second. "Taming easy, capture hard."

I smirked. "I've already got one."

It nodded. "No surprise you beat me, but how you beat Ezza? No thoughts."

"I didn't have to. When you went down, it stopped fighting and did its best to help you."

"I believe word is 'he.' Ezza is boy, not 'it.'"

"Alright, he, then."

"Eboros smarter than you think. Just no society, so hard to learn."

I nodded. "Okay. You tell me how to train my Eboros, and I'll help you with your infrastructure problem."

He pushed himself back up onto the bed. "You may not like."

"Try me."

"Eboros like the soft touch of girl. We have other races to touch our Eboros since Paileni have no girl."

"Touch? Like how?"

"Like making babies. Touch."

"Oh. Is it not dangerous? They're not infectious?"

"No, completely safe. Sashain girls at home live long lives as mates of our Eboros." He turned away. "I give warning. Ezza also need touch. Supposed to be back home by now, but he will want touch. May get angry. We must hurry to home."

"I want to make sure you're not lying to me. I'll go take care of my Eboros, then I'll come back. If he's angry, we'll deal with it."

"Not good thought! He will attack!"

I listened to him shout as I walked away. As I turned the corner, his cries died down and I headed into the basement. The Eboros was up, licking the blood from the floor.

I stepped into the pen, putting my knife just in reach. "Hey. How about another piece of meat?"

The large creature stepped forward, sniffing the air. It eyed me carefully, its claws glinting in the light.

I pulled off my shirt, revealing my breasts to the creature. "Have a taste."

It stepped forward, its cock slowly peeking out from the comfort of its sheath with every passing moment. I took a deep breath as its skin collided with mine, the grimy leather rubbing over my body.

Its fingers played with my boobs, then it flicked my nipple, causing it to harden. I reached down towards its penis. It flinched, but upon feeling my touch, it let itself relax.

I rubbed along the veiny length, my tiny hand dwarfed by its size, even as it continued to emerge. I dropped to my knees and stared down the length as the base finally emerged and stopped growing.

12