All Comments on 'The Long Fall Ch. 02'

by H. Jekyll

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
high quality multidimensional angst

Quality writing, flawed characters see-sawing through a gamut of conflicting emotions. Painfully realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not great

I don't mind a good reconciliation story wherein it's shown how both the husband and wife worked together to try to get beyond whatever broke them up, usually infidelity. "New Start: Ray's Story" by mrrx on another site is probably the best example of this I've ever read. A more painfully realistic view of how a couple work through their issues and learn to trust and love one another again I've yet to read. By the end of that story you can at least understand why they stay together, even if you don't agree with the decision (I, personally, did).

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with this story. There were a lot of things I liked with this story. I enjoyed the different ways it was broken up to show time passing in an unconventional way. I liked how a lot of scenes had different settings so it wasn't always two people grousing at one another in the living room or kitchen the way a lot of cheating stories are. I liked the depiction of the different people and how they reacted to the situation differently. I thought the way John reacted to their betrayal was well depicted and as raw as it should have been. I liked the seemingly random observations and thoughts he had when he was stunned or feeling as though things were surreal. I thought the frustration he felt that he couldn't act out without upsetting his children was well done. After that, though, came the ending, which I did not like.

Reconciliation was a possibility with this couple, realistically speaking. I just didn't like the garbage way it came about. It felt like John just... got lonely enough, which is not a good reason to reconcile with someone who betrayed you. At all. Yes, he still had problems with trust and getting past seeing his wife and his brother together but there was no work shown here, just a lot of tears and "I'm sorrys" and eventually he remembers, "Hey, sometimes it was decent!" and takes her back. That's so damned wishy-washy. I get it, he loved her, she's the mother of his children, blah, blah, blah. The fact remains, though, that none of the real effort that would be needed for them to get beyond what she did to him was shown and, while those details would be difficult to read, NOT showing them made the ending highly implausible to the reader. That's lazy writing.

The thing that REALLY pissed me off, though, was how John suddenly decides everyone needs to be forgiven. Sorry, no. Don't buy it, hate it, reject it. There is no way on God's green Earth that he should have EVER forgiven his fucking douchebag brother.

"Dr. Parker says I should avoid seeing him. Ever."

Yes, this.

Any sibling who would do something as hateful, selfish, and hurtful as what Bill did deserves to rot in hell. You can make excuses and justifications, albeit poor ones, for Ruth and it's a definite toss up whether to believe and trust her again but there is NO excuse for what Shitface did. None. You do not do things like that to family, people you grew up with. Bill had a wife of his own and he was in his brother's house, right down the hall from where his tiny children were sleeping. All that and he seduces your wife and you're going to forgive him? Not a fucking chance. Block his number, block his email address, lose his mailing address, never go to a family function he'll be at. This fuck is pure toxic shit and he deserves to die alone and unremembered. Someone like that is no brother. Sure, some years down the line finally forgive him for your OWN sake but never have anything to do with him again. To do so excuses what he did and there is no excuse.

This story was already on thin ice with me but that last conversation between John and Ruth ruined it for me completely.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Ok yeah

that sucked. Reconciling with the wife is nauseating, though she did go through a well deserved hell, but the brother? Awwww HELL no! Mr. Hyde must have written this one Dr.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Umpteenth time

I just reread “The Long Fall” - AGAIN! Absolutely one of the most emotionally gut wrenching stories on Literotica - and absolutely one of my all time favorites - thanks again.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
I just heard a side of Leonard Cohen’s Best of...

A few months back I said, though I loved the story, this was too stylized for clarity of reading. I get it now though; it was written like a Cohen song.

Brilliant. Wish I could change my score. 5-stars & Favorite.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
so you'll forgive the slut

but not your brother. RAAC

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
You hit

The nail on the head. Complexities of relationships is not finite. The human factor is different for everyone. Myself I could not ever forgive my brother. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

His wife tells him she should never be around Bill again for the rest of her life. Then one sentence later the husband announces he will find a way to bring Bill back into their lives. Doh.

The MC inner dialogue was top notch. That is what made the story for me despite my misgivings about a few plot points.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Interesting

The dialogue was excellent. Part 1 was great, but part 2 had serious plot issues. Was this the first time she cheated? No way to know without a lie detector test. Since he also crossed the line that does make it more difficult. If it was the first time, then maybe counseling could work. What doesn't make any sense is the desire to have anything to do with the brother. He should have sent Bill an email along the lines of "You knew what you were doing, and you knew how wrong it was. You are no longer my brother. Do not EVER contact me or my family again in any manner. If you do I will hunt you down and kill you like the rabid dog you are. If you see me, run away because I will go after you. Don't ever come to a family event that my family is at. May you live a long miserable and painful life before you die and rot forever in Hell." If his Mom wants to see both brothers then you'll need to explain that is not possible and if she insists then She will NOT see him and his family.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Take a writing class

Stupid ass shit

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Wife comes off more than just a bit insane and maybe borderline sociopath. Doesn’t ever really seem to grasp what she’s done or whom she’s harmed.

Dunny69Dunny69over 3 years ago
Absolute garbage

Didnt get past page 1. I'd hoped that maybe chapter 2 would recover some of the ground lost toma really crap story and writing style, it hasn't. Not worth risking more time on this. its rare I that I feel I'm not interested however slightly on the outcome but this is one such occasion. Thank you for your effort but this time no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cuck

Cuckie author writing about cuckie husband

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
No not Bill, never Bill

He may accept Ruth back for the sake of the kids and since he had strayed years before. His brother's betrayal is a whole different thing. There should never be forgiveness for that. Just tell him to stay away from his family and his wife. How could they ever be trusted together in the same house or even room again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good story

A story that was real. The only part was trying to get the brother too. That was a bridge to far.those naysayers who think that these two didn’t belong with each other. Probably voted for Mentality I’ll Trump . And see nothing wrong with him .

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 3 years ago
Five stars well earned

You are one of relatively few authors on this site of professional caliber. I presume you may write for a living. Your prose is exemplary and your story powerful. You described the characters’ emotions with uncommon authenticity. I lost a marriage to an unrepentant cheating spouse many years ago and this awakened deep memories. It saddens me to see so many agitated commenters here who have no interest in thoughtful storytelling but instead simply demand affirmation of their unmedicated rage. LW can be therapeutic but it is not a substitute for therapy.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Well written

But for me the reconciliation came too easily. She never did explain how ir happened, or why. Having a relationship with Bill again would not ever happen. Good story, but not really satisfying for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First time, eh?

Go back and read the action while the corpus was dilecti-ing: the repartee, the easy manner, the total lack of guilt. John has his children tested, but never once dials in the plain fact that what he saw was an ongoing sexual relationship. Is there another LW story where that doesn't matter? Why doesn't it matter here? Bill is going to be invited bck into their life? Really? I guess that works because John has vowed to never kick her out no matter what she does... Wheeee!

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

As some already mentioned, the witnessed action as described was too experienced not like the first time. And the missing guilt afterwards and going to bed without rinsing the mouth just disrespecting.

Well, if it was still the first time I can accept RAAC because I'm romantic.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Could have been a better story but honestly saw no remorse and, lets all be honest here, no brother would EVER forgive what happened. Forgiving the wife would be hard enough but the brother......no. Tried too hard to make the husband a saint, without taking his affair into account.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Who cares that you have good technical skills as a writer?

When you write such awful cuck characters and ridiculous stories! You’re like a highly skilled Michelin Star Chef who only cooks mac n chese

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awful story.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

I hoped that part 2 would bring the story together. The wors were fine but the outcome did not fit the wors said. So much hurt and anger, then I miss you - come home now. If that was the desired outcome, work the story to build the conclusion. Neither of these two people earned a happy ending!

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 3 years ago

This is nice. People hurt. And then they wake up to a new day. And they still hurt. How you stop hurting is the real bitch, ain't it?

Good stories upset you. This upset me.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Such a rotten story from such a talented writer.

Reconciliation? Maybe. Restoring the relationship with the brother? Hell no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Begging her ! This should be in the whimp fool category.. How can you write this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Most of this authors stories are better . I would not have taken her back and I would have burned that Couch ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This sorry ass story made me embarrassed to be a man.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star -

I could not get passed the part where he was kissing her mouth.

Knowing full well that his brother had cum in that mouth.

That would have made me gag and probably hurl.

Of course the wimps/cucks - would get off on that.

tanglosaxtanglosaxover 2 years ago

I just don't get it with the Anons who absolutely refuse any idea of redemption after a sin. I guess they are not Christians, since that idea of redemption after sin is the basis of Christianity. And I guess they are all perfect, and never need forgiveness in their lives.

I thought the story was a good one: full of emotion and care for the children in the story. Thanks for writing, HJ, and, as far as the Anons are concerned: remember, illegitimi non carborundum. Tanglosax

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a well-written story. Emotional, real, sad, maybe the right outcome for these two, who plainly do love each other. I still don't understand a husband who in Ch. 1 did not step in as soon as he saw what was happening. And while I understand a painful reconciliation for these two people, I cannot understand ever, under any circumstances, reconciling with the brother. That betrayal is worse than the wife's; the brother is a scumbag and Ruth's counselor is right: Ruth should never see the POS brother again and neither should John. Brother is dead as far as I would be concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seriously? He assumes that this was their first time? Also did I mess where he cheated, I know the woman said she liked him but that’s not cheating. Also what’s with the adoring looks and kisses, seems to be more than a mistake. If these issues would have been worked out then reconciliation would be possible.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 2 years ago

The best of LW stories have little to do with sex and everything to do with conflict, with turmoil, with raw emotion; then some sort of resolution is found even in the stories that don't really end completed.

This is one of those stories; all the cuck comments completely miss the point. To them I would say, don't accuse the author of not writing a story to your liking. Write the story yourself to end with the violence and trauma you desire.

This is a well written, well crafted story in which there are no right answers, only less wrong answers the characters try to live with.

Well done. Very well done.

ErotFanErotFanabout 2 years ago

If there ever could be a five star LW story - this is one. The internal anger and turmoil had to run its course and you handled that very well. Kudos to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Average story BUT the distrust and disrespect will always be in the background (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The emotions are well done but the cheating (first time is in the living room of their house when anyone could wake up and see them - really?) and the reconciliation is too abrupt. Ruth doesn't deserve a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would reconcile with the wife, but complete trust would never happen and I would let her know it. If she can't accept or understand that so be it, end the marriage. The brother would forever be dead to me and there would be no contact between him and the family ever again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's not possible for reconciliation. How could you erase a memory that is a life threatening betrayal and that comes from your loving wife. There is always a second chance for enemies, but not for betrayers. Ruth is awful and a back stabber. No forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What the hell is it with people posting about being Christians here on this website and forgiving like a Christian?!

Not everyone reading these stories on this exotic website are faithful church going Christians. Hahaha...the absurdity of the statement amidst the thousands of stories of debauchery on Literotica...is nearly overwhelming.

Good story. Full of raw emotion. Disturbing. Anguished.

I think there is a way back for the wife. For this husband. Lots of work. Difficult to get past the betrayal of his wife with his own brother. Won't be easy.

But...in real life the brother would be anathema to family gatherings no matter how much mom didn't wanna take sides. The rest of the family would insist he was not welcome. Ever.

And for this guy to still be so affected...and then want to try and mend fences with his brother so quickly? Nope. Not buying that part.

It'd take years. Years. Maybe. Maybe not even then.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

good, thoughts, worries, problems. Just too long overall

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Well done. All the raw emotion that flows out of infidelity. Good questions. What is unforgivable? What is forgivable? How does a family get through an event where one member pisses all over the marriage? Thanks for the story -- gives us a lot to consider.

Ed

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Well written but just another RAAC.

Forgiving his brother was just TOO much. I can see taking the wife back because of the kids, but the brother? He would be dead to me. What kind of brother does something like that?

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
One of the best writers here.

There are very few writers who can successfully capture the internal dialogue of someone who is in love, but is having his soul torn apart. Brilliant!

Too bad the moron patrol just wants to shit on women. What a bunch of fuckwits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great writing, excellent at painting the emotional turmoil. But I have to agree with others, forgiving the brother was just not realistic. Taking back the wife makes some sense given what the writer delivered - there really was true and honest remorse, I can see the reconciliation especially for the kids .... but the brother ?? come on, seriously. Other than that - excellent.

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

Wow ... The story ends by him kissing her ? He may as well go ahead and have his brother unzip his pants so he can do it himself. No way they could reconcile.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 1 year ago

"I never told you...but I always had a kind of crush on Bill."

Not that I'm saying I'd get back together with her but a few questions for her *first*.

1. Do you *still* have a thing for Bill? Do I have to worry about you having *more* sexual encounters with him?

2. Is there anyone *else* you "kind of had a crush on"? Anyone else I have to worry about you fucking with?

3. What reason do I have to believe you won't kind of *develop* a crush on anyone in the future?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Much better. Much, much better.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

You ruined it with one line. Him suggesting he forgives his brother. Even the Dr is against Bill coming back into Ruth's life.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Never forgive the brother, ever!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Never forgive the brother, ever!

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - this story does not meet the RAAC rules.

Their affair was long-term and emotional to start, then evolved into sexual - so no way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reconciliation with Ruth was OK….barely.

.

Reconciliation with Bill was awful.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's easy to quibble with parts of this, but it is very well done. Far better than the norm here.

DreamsOfHopeDreamsOfHopeover 1 year ago

This was a tough one to rate. The writing is really good. I felt the MC’s emotions. I didn’t agree work much of his thought process, but I felt the emotions you were pulling out of him.

Where I got turned off and the reasons for the down vote (3*) were; he’s a hypocrite. He acknowledged his own indiscretion early on in the marriage. I get the brother angle, and he’s allowed to be hurt given the current time and situation (kids), but his quick dismissal of his own failure bothered me. I think reconciliation with her was the correct path.

The other reason was his letting the brother back into THEIR life. Brother broke a cardinal rule. MCs wife admitted her crush and the therapist recommended keeping him away but he wants to let him back into a dangerous place. NOPE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You had to fuck it up with another weak man who took the cheating slut back and forgave his piece of shi brother. Get some damned help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Crap! Pt. 1 should have ended with car crash taking them all out. A sad story populated by pathetic people!

orion2bear2orion2bear2about 1 year ago

I can see forgiving woman youlove but the brother noway

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You would never forgive your brother or your wife for doing your brother, any non family maybe but not family

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5*****. I don't rate the stories based upon if I agree with how and if I agree with how the main characters act. I rate the story based on the writing, the depth of the characters, and the flow of the story and if it interests me. Don't get me wrong, I love a good btb story that makes everyone pay. But too many anon responders only rate the story as good if they agree with the level of retribution heaped on the instigators.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

Betrayal of blood is almost never forgiven. History is full of family betrayals often ending in war, generations of animosity but rarely forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I score stories by whether or not, and by how much, I enjoyed the story. If I like it, the score goes up, if not, then the score goes down. Simple. I didn't like this story much so it gets 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderfully written. The fact that your character was willing to try again against some historically insurmountable odds, was a testament to his pain—how much he loved Ruth before and how much she hurt him. And you wrote Ruth’s remorse in a believable way, too. It’s always funny readers putting their own biases in these comments and reviews. “ Well that’s not what I’D do!” and “”What a wimp!” But the heart needs what it needs, and this story isn’t about any one of your readers. It’s about characters you created who come to life in a touching, honest, believable way. So is this how most people would react? Maybe not. But the strength of your main character was to show forgiveness to someone he loved. And couldn’t live without. And YOUR strength as a writer was to make it very real.

There are thousands of implausible, cartoonish badly scripted BTB stories on this site. Thank you for creating a story that is unlike any of them. I’m a fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Forgiving the wife is one thing, but not the brother. This is unforgivable in a brother. I would never talk to such a brother again in my life. If I saw him, I would try to kill him. This is absolutely unforgivable. This is like a father raping his daughter. Some things just can't be forgiven.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I can see reconciling with the wife as there are kids involved, but the brother? Not sure that would work in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hard to condemn Ruth when he cheated on her. However, Bill's ass would be dead and buried somewhere.

shopratshoprat11 months ago

I thought this was very well done. To those people that say the MC was a wimp for not stopping them, I really disagree. The damage was already done just by the fact that they were going to do it anyway. Had he stopped them his position would have been much weaker, they would have been constantly at him saying he was divorcing over something that didn't happen. I thought his reveal (telling her to wash her mouth out) was about the best he could do in the circumstances given everything in play. I also liked the way the MC brought out what she was doing by holding his own actions over his head over the years. She didn't realize realize herself that she was doing this and how corrosive it was. I wouldn't buy taking her back except he had cheated first. It was a near thing, especially with her kind of punishing him all along, buyt I can see how someone could forgive in a situation like thi if the love was very strong. Great story!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

John is so weak. He takes her back so easily and says he wants to forgive his scumbag brother. Bill should never be forgiven. John and Ruth should work something out for the kids' sake but she should be on a short tether for a long time. Next time she cheats, they will probably tape it for him since he watched them last time without intervening. Pathetic all around. Only Jolene has a backbone.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yeah, forgiving the brother is inexcusable. Like WTF!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

It's definitely unclear, but I THINK that his only "indiscretion" was Gina, and all that he did wrong was not telling his wife immediately. What I base this on was him telling the counselor that she held the Gina incident over his head, not an actual cheating incident.

\

I can't buy into the reconciliation, CERTAINLY not with Bill.

\

I think William should have been Bill's son, would have made a non-reconciliation easier to pull off. It was certainly a red herring having Bill in the picture standing apart from Jolene, behind Ruth holding William, the name hinting at parentage.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

4/5 for the intricate storylines. Forgiving his wife would be hard for me however I am not as complex as our male M/C. The brother in my world would suffer a fate worse than death. How a person could disrespect his own brother like Bill did is beyond my comprehension. My brother would never do this and most likely locality and love would be the reason… Also a bit of fear.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Likebthe writing but the atory itself meh he foegives her and the brother...... Nope ahe did this and there isnit equality in the marriage. She jealious of a woman who a crush in her hubby but that woman6never blew him.....i coupd not read page 2 of the 2nd part as it was too agrivating

dougdorrdougdorr10 months ago

Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The wife? Maybe... but the brother? Umm no.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Pretty realistic. She forgave him his infidelity from a long time ago and geld her forgiveness over his head. Her offense wad far worse. She did it because she was attracted to his brother and she thought shenwoukd get away with it. That is why she stopped at the blowjob. Of course if she hadn't been caught who knows if she would repeat. Maybe, maybe not. She certainly didn't seem guilt until later. Somehow she thought she was a saint for forgiving his earlier infidelity and that she saved their family by not burning him. Guess then she thought ahe was owed some sort of hall pass. Would be hard to get past her initial mentality in light of no extenuating circumstances (i.e. drugs, booze, etc.). Clearly they had other issues going on in their marriage. Hopefully counseling helps them move forward. It seemed to help Ruth in that she cane to understand the hypocrisy of whatbshe did, the years of loading it over her husband, and the depth of her betrayal. Nit sure in real life that she would vacate the house or let him have the kids, if she wasn't feeling horribly guilty. Had to be of her own choosing. I can see reconciliation here. Her betrayal was magnified by her manipulation of him over the years when she forgave him for his incident. But it was also a blowjob. That is certainly bad and definitely sex. But of you think that equates to full on vaginal or anal intercourse then you have a screw loose. That being said her intimate caress of his brother's face really hurt. That goes with her having a long time crush on Bill. For some reason she let her crush out and had whatbshe thought was a dalliance. But ther husband saw everything. Why he did not interven earlier is beyond me. Yes in the end him seeing her stop and move on thought the excuse wad no time and she showed no remorse at what she had done, probably helped him get through this. But in his shoes, I woukd have intervened right away, first by putting my brother through a wall or window. Seriously. The brother? Don't see how to forgive him let alone have him talk with Ruth. Forgiveness for her, but trust yet verify, ok. For Bill. Umm no..

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What is wrong with him? His wife and his brother in their home with their children in the next room As far as the story telling I felt it was thought provoking and fairly well presented.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So well done. The inner dialogue strikes a perfect balance between analysis and emotion. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This would be a 5, but reconciling with the swine of a brother is an enormous unforced error. It would NEVER fucking happen.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like the writer’s presentation of event. I felt some sadness as the couple related to the betrayal. But I sensed also that she was very selfish and she had regret but not remorse. This is why I liked the story because it elicited these emotions…. Bill, for my thoughts let’s call him Fredo, would be dead to me. He Maghreb not survive. Not right away but at some point he would pay dearly. TFS…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with you earlier writer who said he was going to give you a five until you brought up the reconciliation with the brother. That bummed me out so much I had to give it a two.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Forgiving the brother was pointless. The bond between brothers in a situation like this can never be repaired.

What's worse is how be came to the conclusion of reconciliation.

" I need to make some calls tomorrow. To family members."

" That includes Bill".

This author is either lazy or lacks imagination.

It's also possible this person was raised in a single parent houshold and never married so therefore doesn't have real experiences to draw from.

If you consider "having potential" a compliment then this story would fit the category.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

No cheated on husband in the history of mankind ever drowned their sorrows by drinking white wine!!!!

Sorry but that one line takes one point off the score. 🤣

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I generally prefer reconciliation stories but to forgive a brother that seduced my wife in my house while my children and I were in the house? Nope never happen. I might forgive the wife, but the brother is another story

CamdudeCamdude8 months ago

Great story, until the end.NO WAY the brother gets away with this.Any "brother" who would have sex with his brothers wife has marked himself not only as a predator, but possibly as a psycopath. Men have an obligation to protect their wives, and children. Re exposing them to a POS like this would br neglect of the highest kind. Docked 1 star (4 stars).Really wish H. Jekyll would rewrite the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great, powerful emotive writing..... forgiving Ruth is believable. Forgiving the brother .... seriously? Never in a million years.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll7 months agoAuthor

That's the biggest criticism of the story -- what happens with the brother. And -- between you, me and everyone else -- I tend to agree. If I were to revise, I'd have the narrator decide to not punish the whole family for what Ruth and Bill did, but to agree to be 'cordial' to Bill at family gatherings. That might not satisfy many people, but it seems like the sort of family-oriented option he would take.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The ending was predictable. Sit in the hall and watch your wife give head to your fucking brother then try and convince readers you are a man? He is disgusting and more so than the other two. How about walking into the room and calmly state "get the fuck out of my house and take her with you"... Then the next morning call your parent and his wife and tell them. Finally, convince yourself that since she was so cavalier about what happened you would be a big dope to trust her ever. No one acts like her and it is the first time. No one acts like her and is sorry she did it. No one with a hair on their ass goes back to bed. No one..and I do not see why this ends with a RECON...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well must say that was the biggest load of crap.

RuttweilerRuttweiler6 months ago
Read it again

Still one of best short tales here. The emotions just jump off the page. So good.

I think I understand a lot of the commenters better. Some commenters talk about the story, the quality of the writing, and so forth. Those people I get. Even if you don’t like the plot, the quality of the writing comes through.

The rest of the lot, however, seem to be confused about whether this is real. They’re screaming about murdering the brother, about how Ruth should be satisfyingly tortured, and the rest of the nonsense.

None of this is real, chumps. The brother is letters on an electronic page. If you want to kill him, take a shotgun to your computer, or phone or tablet.

Goddam it, I’d pay good money to see that.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"Jolene, it wasn't...wait." I hand the phone to Ruth. "This is for you."

====> funny line in an otherwise depressing tale. I like the writing but the reconciliation was still (despite revisions) too abrupt. There needed to be more discussion about what happened and why. His refusal to talk makes reconciliation difficult. Meanwhile her attempted seduction and then his rejection shows that they have serious issues.

For many pages she talks of the "other" Ruth. So how on the 3rd page of this chapter does he just decide to suck it up and bring her back? I get that he is miserable and that he cheated early in their marriage and she forgave him. But no more discussion of her lording it over him, her knowing what was at stake as she satisfied her long lasting crush and lust for Bill, and nothing further about what came up in her counseling? Not to mention that there was REAL intimacy. The habd on the cheek. The passio ate kissing. The cuddling post orgasm.

No instead Ruth and the MC have that one on page abbreviated counseling session, where he monologues after recently committing to divorce, and then one late night phone call where she confesses she always had a crush on his brother. Seriously? No other discussions.

I could see him instead going to her apartment and telling her he wants to slow up the divorce and try counseling together. But in the story he just asks her to come home and she has her meltdown. She clearly has some mental issue with regards to being abandoned. Remember her earlier statement making him promise? Suspect that is why she forgave his adultery the first time. And now there are kids involved.

So yeah the end was too rushed still. Well written prose. But still too abrupt. Was this done intentionally to set up her meltdown scene when she said "No!"? Unclear. Maybe.

My biggest gripe though is him forgiving his brother. Just do not see that. Sounds like both his wife and brother were equally attracted to one another but pretty sure the brother pushed for it. After all he he got his blowjob. And liquor was not a major factor. I can see forgiveness and reconciliation with his wife (especially given his own one time slip and for the kids), but NOT his brother. Cordial? Yes. But otherwise stay out of his wife's and

thr MC's way. No contact with the wife outside a family function. Same applies to her. She violates that, then it is over. Even the therapist suggested that she avoid Bill. Sounds like she had a real lust for Bill. Seems Ruth took it to heart and was worried.

Wonder if the argument about Gina contributed at all. Probably more was her cashing in her own one time fling. Dunno. Nothing was discussed hence rhe hasty reconciliation. 4 stars.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll6 months agoAuthor

Hi, Anonymous.

I wish you'd posted your comments with your name, so we could converse. I appreciate your comments, which show close reading; some have to do with info you'd like filled in. Some I may agree with, others maybe disagree with, though that's neither here nor there. If you happen to see this response and would like some back and forth, send your Literotica contact information and I'll be happy to talk.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Long, complex emotions, realistic story and well written

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Almost tricked me, H.J.

You and your characters are worthless pussies.

Go away.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

Well done. Sad tale and I thought for a second there was going to be some self harm... that would have been tragic.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

True repentance makes forgiveness and reconciliation possible. Sold. 5

Congratulations on writing a plausible reconciliation. It takes true talent and skill.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written story except the reconciliation came off abrupt. I get that he can reach a point where he wants to have his wife back. After all he fell first years ago. Clearly the seduction by Bill, her longstanding attraction to Bill, and her feeling she was owed her one time fling, all contributed. But regardless of the MC having a paradigm shift, and that leading to her heartfelt response of pain and anguish, worried that he ws toying with her after her heart was scarred, there would still.need to ne serious work and discussion and counseling that were not privy to as a reader. After such excellent and deliberate pacing, the last page just moved fast through some key plot points.

Also like the Anonymous commenter from two months ago with the post starting with "Jolene...", I really do NOT see reconciliation with the brother. That is a massive betrayal. Brothers don't seduce their brother's wife. Period..just cannot see anything beyond being courteous and at best cordial at family functions yo keep the peace. Heck her therapist told her not to see Bill. Almost as if she has a limerence for him. Why it triggered that night is unclear. MC is right she knew the impact of cheating because he did it 8 years ago. Hence why she was upset about him not telling her about Gina's intentions right away.

I thought was quite well written and realistic. But also some missed opportunities. Her caressing Bill on thr face with her hand and the racy kiss shows desired intimacy. That is a nasty dagger. Also how does the MC get the imagery out of his mind. Sure he wants to preserve the family and is miserable without her. People.do 180 degree emotional flips.once their subconscious mind equilibriates with their conscious mind. He had been ruminating on this for some time. But that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of details to work through.

Personally she showed not just remorse but serious contrition by how she related when he rejected her and she left the house, even though it cut her off from a lot of time with her young kids. In a divorce would wager she would give him primary custody and beneficial financial terms. She is that devastated at what she has done and how she mauled their marriage. She now fell to the level he did eight years earlier. It is only the fact that she forgave him years ago and they made their marriage work again plus the two kids, that gave her any shot to be back in his life. Her pain was palpable. He would not let her explain. Bailed on counseling with his one time diatribe and cast her out. She clearly has abandonment syndrome. There is no way she will do this again. But there is a lot that they Ned to work out.

And for the brother... nothing. Maybe forgive years later but reconcile? Umm nope.

5 stars.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months agoAuthor

To the two most recent "anonymous" posters. I appreciate your comments. But -- they remind me of why I wish everyone posted under their own name (or nym). I'd like to respond, to have some discussion, but I can't contact you. You'll never see any responses I make unless you just happen to be skimming through comments to this story (not very likely). In fact, you're unlikely to ever see this. If you do happen to see it, let me tell you you have my gratitude for the comments. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Astonishingly good character development makes the story's reconciliation plausible. Very few writers have the writing skills and human insight to sell a reconciliation in a way that's compelling, even to readers like me who incline toward btb. I'm thoroughly impressed.

deependerdeepender3 months ago

Well done. Thank you very much.

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

Sorry but i had to skip, it dragged for me. I feel though that the brother should have been punished more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userH. Jekyll@H. Jekyll
I'm just a guy who loves sex and loves words. I like stroke stories well enough, but I don't often write them and frankly I think that sex can be the curse of sex stories. I write about what sex means to people, how it hurts and heals them, how they are driven by it, how it dr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories