The Long Game

Story Info
A chance encounter changes how Van sees his roommate.
5.8k words
4.67
15.6k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been almost a year since I moved into my new apartment. When I saw the ad online for a place not too far from downtown and looking for a roommate, I jumped on it and called the number immediately. It was located close to work and had everything I could have wanted. It was a bit outside my budget but when I met Lane, the guy who had posted the ad for a tour, I figured I could probably get him to come down a little on the price. Lane was pretty cool and after the tour we grabbed lunch, and he even offered me the room for way less than I had been planning to make an offer at.

Over the first few months, I kind of didn't see that much of Lane. I worked for an engineering firm and had recently been assigned as the project manager. I was leaving for work before 7 and not getting home till around 8 or 9. Lane was the manager of a high-end boutique downtown and after he left there, he did hair and make up at one of his friend's salon for some exclusive clientele. Most nights after that he would head to some club or party and not be back until the middle of the night or sometimes not at all. The only time we really would interact with each other was on the weekend in the morning or afternoon. When we did interact, it was usually a good time. We would talk about our week over breakfast or brunch and then pretty much go our separate ways again and sometimes not even see each other for days. Our social lives just really didn't have any overlap. I was a go play football in the park, watch espn, and play video games kind of guy and he was the art gallery and dance club type.

I said "our" social lives like I really had one. I spent most of my time working and sleeping. I didn't even attempt at trying to find a relationship because I knew I could never juggle giving someone enough attention and my dedication to work, not to mention a new city. Lane really didn't have that problem; his entire existence was a social life. Despite this, he didn't really seem to have any serious relationships either, but I never really questioned that for a few reasons. Occasionally he would come back with somebody he met that night while out. I usually was in my room for the night by the time he would come back but I could hear the guys that came back with him. I almost felt a bit jealous, not just that Lane was able to have so many partners but that they got to hook up with him.

I never really considered myself gay or even bi, but I would be lying if I had said that I didn't find Lane attractive. The first time we met, and he opened the door, I thought I was in the wrong place as this beautiful woman or so I thought had answered the door and I knew I was looking for a guy, albeit one with a really soft voice. Lane's appearance was almost too perfect, like he was perfectly crafted. He stood about 6'2, which almost seemed a bit too tall for his frame, but it still put him under my 6'6 height, and he couldn't have weighed more than 150lbs. I had seen him walk through the apartment shirtless and he was incredibly well-toned but there was still a feminine softness to it, a stark contrast to my almost 350lb body built from years of playing football as defensive lineman and putting on weight from not having the best eating habits since I started working after college almost 15 years ago.

Like I said, the last year I really hadn't had much of a social life because of work but my team had finished our project and since it was a Friday, everybody decided to celebrate. We left work and headed to a bar that my coworkers picked, I felt out of place among my younger peers. At about 1, they decided to move on to a club, but I just wanted to head home. It hadn't taken a long time for me to realize that I couldn't drink and hang like my college days. I was fairly drunk, and driving was out of the question, so I ordered an uber and headed home.

It was almost 2 by the time I got home, and I figured since it was a Friday, Lane would still be out partying. I didn't really feel like hearing him calling me an old man, despite the fact he was only 3 years younger than me being 32 to my 35. Heading into building I was exhausted and barely could stand as I waited for the elevator to my place on the 10th floor. The hallway seemed like it went on forever until I reached our door. I barely was able to get my keys in and unlock it but I finally succeeded. The lights were off, so I felt comfortable in my assumption that Lane was still out or maybe not even coming home tonight. I imagined him sitting in some booth at a club with some guy he met having a passionate kiss in the darkness before they head out and the guy fucking Lane roughly and holding him tight. The thought then kind of hit me that I had actually never seen the guys that Lane brought home. I sleep with my door closed and they were usually gone in the morning and Lane wasn't the kiss and tell type.

As I headed down the hall of our apartment, I noticed the purple glow of lights coming from Lane's room. Even when he had company, he would always close the door, I figured he must have just left the lights on and the door open as he left. All our lights were smart lights so I figured would just lean in and tell alexa to turn them off as I went past. Moving down the hall I started to hear faint sounds coming from in the room. Getting closer I could make them out more clearly, moans and the light sound of the springs of the bed. Even in my drunken state, I knew I should just keep moving as it was clear Lane was having a private moment with some company, but I couldn't help but at least get a glimpse of Lane getting fucked. It was an opportunity I might not have again.

Slowly peeking around the open door, I could see the bed, but I had to step a little further in to see what was going on. I couldn't really believe what I saw, as Lane was the one doing the fucking and the moans were his partner's. While I watched from the door what was more surprising than Lane on top was the guy he was with, even if I had known Lane was a top, I figured he was into way more feminine guys like himself or the masculine model types but this guy he was on top of was built closer to me. Lane had this guy's legs wrapped around him as he grasped firmly on this guy's chest. I couldn't tell you how long I stood at the door watching them as here was this feminine guy dominating this dude and making him moan like a porn star, but I finally came back to my senses as my watch beeped to signify it had hit 2am. Snapping out of trance I found myself in, I realized Lane had noticed me at the door, probably hearing my watch beep. We locked eyes and I saw this small grin come over his face as he returned to his actions, the other guy was blissfully unaware of my presence, instead he arched his back as Lane withdrew his length almost all the way out only to force it back in, eliciting a deep moan from his partner. I backed up slowly and headed to my room, quietly closing the door, and crashed on my bed trying to push out the events I had just witnessed, it didn't take long after that for me to drift off into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I awoke at somewhere near 11am with a massive hangover and not a clear vision of what happened last night. I hopped in my shower and put on some sweats and a t shirt and headed out of my room to the kitchen hoping some breakfast would help with the headache. I opened the fridge and was bent down grabbing a Gatorade, a can of biscuits, and some bacon I had picked up earlier that week when the sudden sound of a voice made me spring up, hitting my head on the top of the fridge.

"Oh my god? Are you okay?" Lane quickly stated as I backed out of the fridge rubbing my head. Lane was in nothing but a black silk robe and some boxers, his hair pulled back in a ponytail except for a few stray strands.

"Yeah, just caught me off guard. I have a hangover and wasn't paying attention." I said, still rattled from the impact.

"A hangover? You have a hangover?" A smile came over his face as he stood in front of me as I put my items on the counter, trying to get back to the task of getting some food in me.

I opened my drink and took a long gulp.

"Yeah, my team finished the Carpenter project yesterday, so we went out to celebrate after work."

"Well congratulations! I know you have been working hard on this for months. What's next up on your plate?"

"I think I want to take a month or two off before I accept another project. Just enjoy a break and relax."

"You deserve it. Tell you what, Let's go grab brunch to celebrate! My treat!" He this look of not taking no for answer, so I just nodded and agreed.

I had resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to join my usual weekend flag football game in my current state, so I really didn't have plans for today. While Lane went to get ready, I made myself a cup of coffee. I tried to remember last night but my mind was just too hazy until I heard the coffee maker beep. The beep reminded me of my watch, and I was starting to getting bits and pieces of the scene from last night as I sipped my coffee. Whoever Lane was with last night must have left before I got up but I decided to not dwell on it. I finished my coffee and headed back to my room to get dressed.

I had finished getting ready before Lane, that didn't surprise me though as he always took the most care in his appearance. I decided to do something a little different today, Lane had brought me some cologne for my birthday a few months ago but I had never used it, I always felt like I never had an occasion to wear it as it just seemed to nice for an everyday thing. I sat down in the living room waiting for him to finish getting ready.

Lane appeared from his room about twenty minutes later, he wore a tight powder blue shirt with white jeans. I immediately felt underdressed in my simple black polo and loose jeans. Lane walked over to the table in front of me to grab his keys. As he bent down, he stopped and sniffed the air before looking at me.

"Van, you're wearing the cologne I got you?" His eyes seemed to light up as he questioned me.

"Yeah, I figured that this was a special enough occasion." I rubbed the back of my head while looking down.

Before I could say anything, Lane planted a kiss on my cheek and gave me a smile. I felt more than a little embarrassed, but it felt nice to make him happy, so I figured it was worth the little embarrassment as I stammered to try and say something.

"Come On, Van! Let's go!" Lane twirled around and headed towards the door as I turned off the TV and followed him.

We had to take his car since mine was still at the office. I figured after we got something to eat, I would have Lane drop me off so I could drive back home. This was the first time the two of us had been together in a car and being in such close proximity to him, I could smell whatever fragrance he was wearing; it had a very floral scent, but I could not place it. It felt weird riding in the passenger seat of his Aston Martin convertible. Just like him, his car was kept pristine and always looking at its best. Cars were probably our one real shared interest. We had joked on several occasions that our cars were great representations of ourselves. His Vanquish, was fast, sleek, beautiful, and luxurious. Meanwhile, my Charger, like me, had seen better days but as Lane says it was big, fun, straight forward and dependable.

We got to the restaurant Lane picked after an uneventful ride, sharing small talk about work and new car news. It was nice to really interact with him in a setting like this, it made me a little upset that we didn't spend more time together.

Lane knew the waitress at the front and after a small conversation, she showed us to a table at the back out on a private balcony.

"This one of your usual spots?" I asked after the waitress left us alone.

"Not really. The owner comes to our store often and I do his daughter's and wife's hair on occasion." Lane said, looking over the cocktail menu.

"So...um...I.." I was trying to think of how to ask about last night without being too nosy or sounding judgmental.

Before I could formulate my question, the waitress returned. Lane ordered some special cocktail and since I was still slightly hungover, I just ordered some orange juice and another cup of coffee. When the waitress returned with our drinks, I decided that I would just enjoy our brunch.

I ordered some French toast while Lane ordered an omelette. We talked more about Lane's client's and events that were coming up around town. Lane was insistent that I start enjoying myself a little bit more and he was personally going to get me out more.

As we wrapped up eating and were just sitting at the table enjoying the weather and view from the restaurant, Lane looked at me.

"So did you see anything interesting last night?" There was this playful tone in his voice, like he had been waiting for this moment, knowing he would catch me off guard.

I almost wished our waitress would come back and force us to end this interaction, but I knew I wasn't going to get that lucky. I had lost my nerve and so I tried to lie my way out.

"Last night? No, I was way too drunk to remember anything really. I don't remember much after I left the bar last night." I tried to sound sincere, but I knew I wasn't fooling him.

"Ah, well if that's the case then never mind." he said playfully.

Lane wasn't hiding that smirk at all. He had read me like a book and knew I just was scared to continue down this path.

After we finished our meal, Lane drove me to the office so I could grab my car. As I drove home, I wondered what he would have said or done if I chose to acknowledge what I saw last night. I drove into the garage under our building not sure what my next move would be.

I was surprised to find Lane wasn't home when I got back. I assumed he went on one of his usual Saturday shopping trips. I decided to just spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the free time. Lane didn't come home till around 8. I was sitting out on our balcony when he came in. I wanted to enjoy the warm summer night. Lane joined me and explained he had gone to do the hair and makeup for one of his regulars. I had realized I enjoyed hearing him talk about his work. It was fun and he kept telling me about the interactions he had with his clients. We sat on the balcony till about midnight just enjoying each other's company.

Sunday was more like our normal interactions. I sat on the couch watching tv while Lane spent the day with his friends. I found myself feeling a bit lonely as I turned on my playstation and loaded up some Madden.

Sometime around 9, I fell asleep on the couch. It was about 2 and I knew Lane had finally come home as I was covered with a light blanket that he usually kept on the foot of his bed. I figured I would drop the blanket back in his room as I headed to my room. I folded the blanket and headed down the hall. When he didn't have company, he slept with his door open as the air flowed through the apartment much better that way and it was a warm night. I slipped into his room and moved towards the bed.

Lane was asleep but not on his bed. He was in the chair in the corner of his room, in front of the window, still dressed. He must have been exhausted when he got home but he still took the time to tuck me in. I figured I would return the favor. I carefully picked him up from out the chair and carried him to his bed. Lane was always beautiful but seeing him sleeping like this was totally different. I placed him down on the bed and covered him with his blanket as I left the room.

After I woke up Monday morning, I went to the office to grab some stuff so If I wanted to, I could do some work from home. I wasn't planning on doing anything on my vacation, but I wanted to be prepared in case there was an emergency. I felt like the longer I stayed in my office, the more I was going to change my mind about taking this break. My team was more than capable of working the smaller projects without me.

I headed home after a quick stop by a local distillery to pick up something for me and Lane to share. I knew he wouldn't be home till about 6 but I figured I could cook dinner for us. We had this great kitchen that neither of us really used, despite both of us claiming that we could cook. I spent a decent amount of time prepping dinner and got started around 4:30.

When Lane got home, I could tell he was surprised. We sat at the dining room table that we used more as storage than for eating. During dinner, he told me he was going out of town for the rest of the week for business. After dinner, we went for a walk around the park. It was a humid night and I had worked a bit of a sweat by the time we got back to our place.

When we got in, we collapsed together on the couch. I was drenched in sweat and tired. Lane grabbed us the two glasses from the kitchen and poured us some wine.

After two glasses and about an hour of laughing and just enjoying each other's company.

"Van, what do you think of me?" Lane caught me off guard with the sudden question as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Um, I'm really not sure what you're asking." I reached for my glass and took another sip.

Lane took his head off my lap and sat up, looking me in my eyes.

"I mean what did you think of me when you saw me with my guest on Friday night. You may have been drunk but you know what you saw. Were you surprised? You probably thought I was some submissive little bottom, right?" He had that seductive look in his eyes again as he moved and straddled my lap, putting his arms around my neck.

"I...um really didn't think about stuff like that. You know, that was your personal stuff......." I wasn't drunk but he had me fumbling and..... scared? I wasn't even sure if that was the right word.

"You've wanted to talk about it since Saturday, haven't you? Did you find it arousing? Watching me dominate him and make him beg for more?"

This was the Lane I had seen that night. A hunter and I was his prey.

Before I could answer, Lane's phone rang. He let out a slight groan as he climbed off me and walked to the kitchen to answer it, a look of frustration on his face. I couldn't make out the conversation, but he seemed irritated. He grabbed his keys and left the apartment without a word.

I spent the rest of the night watching flipping channels processing the night's events and just what was going to happen if Lane hadn't left. Over the weekend, we went from roommates to almost something more. I still had to question just what this meant for my sexuality...

Around 1, I decided to finally head to bed. Lane hadn't come home yet, and I wanted to stay up and wait for him, but I was tired after our walk and the few drinks we had. I figured I'd crash on my bed for a while then wake up and take a shower. I didn't even make it to turning of my light, I took my shirt off, and the moment I hit the bed, I crashed hard.

A sharp shift of the bed woke me from my sleep. Lane was sitting on my chest, I tried to sit up only to find my hands bound to the bed. I wanted to question how he pulled this off without waking me, but I was kind of concerned more with the situation as a whole.

Lane had that look in his eyes, that predatory look I had seen before. It was a look that made it clear he wasn't going to be denied this. Lane reached down and stroked my cheek softly. It was a wordless command to relax and know that I shouldn't be scared or worried, that he wasn't going to hurt me.

"You're not getting away this time, Van. I've waited too long. Ever since I first saw you when you came to see the apartment, I've wanted you and I was more than willing wait to get this chance, but I had almost given up. Almost." He said as he looked down at me. His expression, playful, yet victorious, like this was an inevitable conclusion.

12