The Long Ride Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cal, I understand how you feel," Constance said, quickly. "I didn't like it when Tobias' parents wanted to interfere in my raising of Vanessa. Granted they didn't say something stupid like my husband just did. But please don't take it to heart, Tobias is just worried about her."

"Then why so silent for eight years if you're so worried about my daughter huh?" Callum asked, rubbing Shari's back. "No answer?! Thought so, come on Shari, I think this was a mistake..."

"Please Cal," Vanessa hastily said as her hand shot out taking hold of his arm. "Please don't go, if you want, I'll make them go back to their hotel room, but please, don't let this come between me and Shari."

"You seem to think I'm under the impression you have any right to see her."

"I know Cal, but please, I've lost so much time with her. I don't want to lose any more if I have to take you to court," Vanessa said, hoping not to have to go down that route. She had no wish to do that, knowing that would take away money from Callum's pocket and in turn away from her daughter.

"And you would lose, badly," Callum stated.

"Possibly, but how much would it cost you until it got settled? Please, I really don't want to do that to you or Shari, but I will if I have no other choice," Vanessa said, praying that she could reach him. Noting how Henry remained silent on the matter, being a lawyer he already knew they had no standing on taking Shari from him.

"Cal, you like beer battered onion rings?" Henry asked, breaking the deafening silence.

"Never had them," Callum admitted.

"Then you my friend are in for a treat," Henry said, as he seared the other side of the steaks. "So, are the two of you done being stupid?" he asked, looking over at Constance and Tobias. "I could have told you, unless Cal is a very abusive, incompetent father, which even I can see he's not, you were never going to win. All you've done is hurt my wife's chances of being in her daughter's life. Are you two proud of yourselves?!" Henry said, coldly.

Callum arched an eyebrow at that. He honestly didn't think Vanessa's husband would stand up for him.

"Daddy, we can stay, I'd like to talk with Mommy," Shari said, looking up at him.

"You sure?"

"Yes," Shari nodded her head firmly.

"Okay, but if they do something like that again we're leaving," Callum said, loud and clear for all to understand.

"I promise Cal, they'll be on their best behavior from now on," Vanessa said, lightly touching his shoulder. "Won't you?" she asked, in a gravelly tone.

"Of course honey, we apologize Cal, I'll make sure Tobias doesn't say something stupid again you have my word on that," Constance said, nudging her husband forward. "Don't you have something to say to Cal and Shari?"

"I'm... sorry Cal. It's just never sat right with me with you raising her without," his eyes shot towards his daughter, "Vanessa. I let my own feelings speak before I stopped to think about everything you've done up to this point in raising Shari."

"I hope you know this is the only time you'll ever be alone with my daughter," Callum said, coldly.

"Please Cal, let's not be hasty here," Constance said, rushing up to her husband's side. "I get that you're upset, I know I would be if Tobias' parents threatened to take Vanessa from us. I swear we aren't going to try to take her from you. I'll divorce Tobias before that even happens to stop that kind of foolishness on his part," she said, hoping the threat would make her husband realize what he would lose if he tried and hopefully placate Callum at the same time.

"Cal, why don't you show Shari the pool," Henry said, over his shoulder. "I'm sure she'll like it."

"Right," Callum muttered his eyes cutting hard to Vanessa's parents and Vanessa as well.

"What the hell are the two of you doing?!" Henry hissed low. "Do you have any idea how tenuous Vanessa's claim is? Without her rights, something you should have never signed away," his eyes cutting to his wife whose face rapidly heated, "Cal has every legal right to keep you and Vanessa away from Shari. If I ever hear the two of you ever speaking about taking that man's child away from him again I will personally represent him and take you to the cleaners. Am I clear?!"

"Yes Henry," Constance nodded.

"Fine," Tobias grumbled.

"Now why don't you go help Vanessa make the onion rings and give Cal time to cool off," Henry said, flipping the burgers and giving the hotdogs a quarter turn.

"God, you make me so hot when you get like that," Vanessa purred into Henry's ear.

"So then... later tonight?" Henry asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh yes, I'll even wear that little thing you love," Vanessa whispered before placing a kiss on her husband's right cheek. Giving his ass a little swat before heading in to cut up the onions.

"Hey Shari, Cal, you like cheese on your burgers?" Henry called out as he watched as Shari dipped her toes into the pool while holding onto her father's arm.

"Yeah, who doesn't?"

"I know a few people back east that don't," Henry chuckled. "Shari how do you like the pool?"

"It's neat!"

"You know after lunch if you want you can go for a swim," Henry said, warmly.

"Can I Daddy?" Shari asked, excitedly.

"You didn't bring a suit Shari," Callum stated seeing the sadness flooding her eyes.

"Umm... it would be nothing for me or Vanessa to run to the store and pick up a suit for her," Henry offered. "Just an offer," he said, holding up his hands when Callum looked up at him.

"Alright," Callum sighed when those eyes of hers wore him down. She was the only woman on the planet that he couldn't say no to if it wasn't harmful to her.

"Honey?!" Henry called out to Vanessa.

"What is it?" Vanessa replied.

"You feel like going to the store and getting a bathing suit for Shari...?" Henry couldn't keep his smile from showing as his wife's body instantly filled the doorway.

"Henry... what did you just say?" Vanessa asked, she's been dying to go clothes shopping with her little girl.

"I said: would you like to go to the store for a bathing suit for Shari so she can swim after lunch since they didn't know we had a pool." Chuckling inside his head when Vanessa dashed passed him.

"Cal, I'll be happy to take her. I swear I don't mind. I've been meaning to ask you if it would be alright to take her clothes shopping. I know it can't be easy affording new clothes whenever Shari has a growth spurt," Vanessa said, standing in front of the two of them. "I swear we'll just go pick up a suit and come right back... maybe pick her up some new outfits. Three max, say next weekend we can have a girl's day, just the two of us."

"We're busy next weekend."

"Oh," Vanessa said, sadly.

"Daddy," Shari whispered as she tugged on his right hand. "We can go later; they aren't going anywhere."

"But Shari..."

"Please?!"

"Fine, fine."

"Really?! Do you mean it Cal?" Vanessa asked, with hope. While she didn't like interfering with their plans she was so pleased she would get to have a whole day with her daughter.

"I suppose."

"Thank you Cal," Vanessa said, happily as she threw her arms around him. Noting how he had yet to return any one of her hugs. Knowing that it was probably due to the fact that he still hated her for what she tried to do. "Would you mind if I show Shari the room we set up for her, for when the time comes when you let her stay a night here?"

"Whatever."

"Cal, I know you're mad, and I'm sorry about that. But can we put our past away just for a few hours, for Shari's sake?" Vanessa swallowed hard as those eyes of his grew dark as they narrowed. "Come on Shari, let's give your dad some time alone," she said, knowing that whatever they had was dead, and buried very deeply and that it was only through Shari that he was even talking to her. "I meant what I said Cal, I would really like for us to be friends," Vanessa said, over her shoulder before leading his daughter into her home.

"Yeah, that's never going to happen."

******

"So Shari, do my cooking skills measure up?" Henry asked, once they all had their fill of hotdogs, hamburgers, steak, and all the sides one could ask for.

"Mmmhmm," Shari nodded eyeing the hotdog in front of her. Looking over to her father as he reach forward and tore it in half smiling at him before wolfing it down.

"Better?" Callum asked, knowing she wouldn't be able to finish the whole thing given everything she had eaten. Nodding her head as she leaned against his arm.

"Shari now that you've eaten how about we head to the store," Vanessa said, glancing over at Callum. "Do you want to come along Cal?"

"And be left here with your parents? Not likely," Callum said, "no offense Henry," he quickly added.

"None taken," Henry said, nodding in understanding.

"Okay then, shall we," Vanessa said, smiling at her daughter.

******

"So... Cal, just what were your plans for next Saturday?" Vanessa asked, as they stood outside the fitting room that Shari was in as she changed into the one piece suit she had picked out along with some new dresses and other outfits for her to try on.

"I was planning on taking Shari to the natural history museum to see the dinosaurs," Callum stated plainly.

"The museum?! I never knew you to go to one of those."

"Well, I didn't have a daughter then, I do now, and I want her to be a well rounded person so she doesn't make the same mistakes as we did. Plus dinosaurs are cool," Callum said, to which Shari totally agreed.

"You know you can go for a swim too Cal, I want you feel welcomed in our home. You are after all the man Shari looks up to," Vanessa said, in a friendly manner.

"Nah, that's how we got Shari in the first place, so I'll pass."

"But that was a fun day and night wasn't it?"

"Just not the crap you put me through afterwards," Callum said, he was not going to form a renewed friendship with her. That ship had sailed the moment she told him she was planning on killing his daughter.

"Cal, I can't apologize enough for the way I acted back then. I was a kid, a scared kid, with a child growing inside of her, my hormones running wild. Urges that were coming at me from all sides, on one hand I wanted to sneak over to your house," leaning into him so Shari wouldn't overhear, "and fuck you to death, on the other hand I wanted your head for getting me pregnant. Not saying that was right, just telling you how it was when I was carrying her."

"Uh-huh," Callum muttered as he saw the curtain moving. His facial features softened when Shari pushed the curtain aside.

"Oh, she's going to be a handful when she gets older," Vanessa muttered as Shari looked so pretty in her pink one piece swimsuit.

"So do you like it?" Callum asked, making sure it wasn't too loose or tight on her.

"Mmmhmm," Shari nodded, "can we go swimming now?"

"Not until you try on the other clothes, and you'll only get three for now. We'll pick up lots more Saturday," Vanessa said, bending at her waist bopping Shari's nose causing Shari to giggle.

"Okay."

"That will be eighty-five dollars and ninety-six cents," the cashier said, as she rung up the sale. The teenager slyly eyeing Callum's back as he spun the knob of the coin operated gumball dispenser. Watching how he knelt down and opened his hand, noting how the little girl was debating on which one to take. "Your husband appears to be very good with children, your niece looks very happy," she said softly, as she ran the woman's card.

"He's not my husband, and that isn't my niece, that's my daughter and that's her father," Vanessa said, with a warm smile. How good it felt to say that to someone. All through high school she thought Shari was a burden, yet now, now that she could no longer have children... she was learning that Shari was never a burden, she was realizing she was just a very poor excuse for a mother. She just hoped she doesn't make the same mistakes all over again, as this time she might not have another chance.

"Really?! Is he single?!" she whispered as she handed Vanessa's card back to her.

"I wouldn't know, I don't think he's going to tell me that," Vanessa said, as she placed her wallet in her purse. Tilting her head as she plucked the bags off the checkout counter, arching an eyebrow as the two of them were dancing to what appeared to be a tune in their own heads. She didn't miss how the women -- namely her cashier -- were watching it all. Noting how most were biting their lips as they danced without a care in the world. "What brought that on?" Vanessa asked, once their dance came to a close.

"It's the bubblegum dance, Mama," Shari said, spinning around on her left foot as she had her arms outstretched.

"Don't look at me, she's the one that made it up. I just dance along," Callum said, rubbing the back of his head looking way.

"Well, your dad never danced with me, you must be magic to get him to do that," Vanessa said, smiling down at Shari. "I think we should leave or you're going to get jumped," she whispered as her eyes flickered over to Callum's right. "Unless that's what you want," Vanessa said, with a coy smile.

"Nope," Callum said, peering quickly behind him.

"Who's ready to go swimming?!" Vanessa asked, as they left the store.

"Me!" Shari said, throwing her arm into the air.

"Come on, I'll help you change," Vanessa said, as Shari's bathing suit was draped over her left forearm as Callum placed the rest of her new clothes in his truck.

Callum sat in the shade as Constance and Henry were walking around the pool filming the whole thing as Shari and Vanessa swam together. Tobias knew enough to stay away from him as he pulled out his phone. A smirk formed on his lips at the four missed texts that greeted him.

"Hey, sorry I didn't hear the texts."

"It's okay Cal, you weren't expecting me to text you so soon. So what are you and Shari doing today?"

"Me? Getting into fights. Shari's swimming at the moment," Callum typed out.

"Fights?! Who with?!"

"Vanessa's parents."

"Why?"

"Threatened to take Shari away."

"What?! No way?! That can't be possible... can it?" Itzel asked, as she laid on her bed wrapped in a towel having just gotten out of the shower.

"No... but I can't be sure? I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have the smarts for something like that."

"Cal there's more to life than being smart. I know some very smart, stupid people. In my eyes, you have everything. So don't sell yourself short, okay?"

"Want to see what Shari looks like in her new bathing suit?" Callum texted, wondering why it felt so easy to talk to Itzel.

"Hell ya, I do. Do you even need to ask?! I bet she looks so adorable in it."

"Shari?!" Callum called out stopping his daughter when she stood at the edge of the shallow end of Vanessa's pool. Waving to her as she smiled and waved as he took a picture making sure all the others weren't in the picture.

"Oh my! She's precious!"

"I know," Callum sent back.

"Cal, what are you doing Tuesday night?"

"Have a parent-teacher conference at Shari's elementary school that night," Callum said, wondering if he should tell Vanessa, then thought better of it. "But it appears my Saturday just got freed up."

"Oh?! What happened?"

"Vanessa wants to have a girl's day just with Shari, you know clothes shopping and whatever else she has planned."

"Then would you like to take a ride with me?"

"Sure, any place you have in mind?" Callum asked, his curiosity pegged.

"I was thinking you could show me around the Black Hills National Forest, then maybe we could just have a bite to eat somewhere."

"Like a date?!" Callum asked, wondering why he was getting so nervous all of a sudden.

"Mmmhmm. We'll take my bike; you do have your own helmet don't you?"

"Yeah..." Callum felt himself harden at the thought of feeling her ass rubbing against his groin as they sped down the road. "Vanessa?!" he called out stopping her and Shari's frolicking.

"Yeah, what's wrong Cal?" Vanessa asked, the water lapping at her navel as her blue bikini top kept her 32B breasts from spilling out.

"What time are you planning on bringing Shari home Saturday?" Callum asked, knowing he was going to have to be there to make sure Vanessa brought her home. He had picked up a GPS embedded locket for Shari to wear on her necklace so he could make sure she or her husband didn't skip town with his daughter.

"I was thinking I'd pick her up at say nine in the morning and dropping her off at four. Would that be okay?" Vanessa asked, wondering why he was asking all of a sudden.

"Perfect," Callum said, underneath his breath. "Thanks," he said, not noticing the look Henry was giving his wife.

"Honey?" Henry knelt down at the edge of the pool. "What's going on next Saturday?"

"Me and Shari are having a girl's day. Aren't we baby?" Vanessa asked, smiling down at her daughter. She wondered when Callum had taught her how to swim and pondered on what else she had missed out on for neglecting her own child. "I thought we could do a little clothes shopping, have lunch just the two of us, then get our hair done so we'll look all pretty. Won't you like that honey?" Vanessa asked, brushing Shari's wet hair out of her face.

"Ah. Well then, then you two ladies enjoy the day then, you better tell me all about it when you get home after dropping her off," Henry said, he had seen how Callum looked at his wife. So he had no fear of any lingering feelings Callum might harbor for Vanessa. He just wondered what had happened between the two of them that would cause such an emotional reaction in him.

"Of course Henry, I would never leave you out," Vanessa said, smiling lovingly at her husband.

Callum rolled his eyes as he texted Itzel that he needed to be back by three so he could be home when Vanessa dropped Shari off.

"I'll make sure we are Cal," Itzel replied.

"So what're ya doing?" Callum inquired.

"Just laying here in my towel on my bed just thinking of you."

"Oh?!" Callum felt his cock growing down his leg as he pictured what Itzel would look like... His eyes went wide went she sent a picture of herself shattering he imagine in his mind. His eyes running down her body, wishing she would have lowered that towel a tad more so he could view the splendor that was her round, firm breasts that the towel showed a great portion of stopping just above her areolas. Rolling his tongue in his mouth as his eyes ran along her silky thighs hating that towel as it hid her paradise from view.

"See anything you like?" Itzel sent along with a smirking emoji.

"Umm... yeah, how can I not when you send something like that to me?"

"Does that mean something got a little excited? *giggles*"

"I plead the 5th."

"Aww, no fair, don't tease me Cal," Itzel texted sending along a picture of her pouting.

"Of course, something got excited, how could I not Itzel?"

Itzel threw up her arms as she shouted in glee as she laid on her bed. After the dinner they had, Callum just wouldn't leave her mind. She had even awoken in the middle of the night to find herself grinding against one of her pillows. Which in turn, made her take care of her hot, little pussy. When she woke up that morning the taste of her little peach was still on her tongue and that only fueled another round of her pleasuring herself for an hour. Imagining what it would be like to be taken by Callum. To have him thrusting that hard rod deep into the core of her heat. To have her moaning out as her cunt came upon that hard cock as he brought her to climax after climax. To feel his seed erupting into her womb, to paint it in his life force. If she was lucky, maybe she too would come to know what the joy of having a child would be like. Shaking her head, Itzel couldn't be thinking like that. It was too soon and they haven't actually been on a real date yet, still, she couldn't help herself when Callum entered her mind. There was just something about him that resonated with her soul.