The Long Ride Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I don't plan on allowing that ever to happen," Itzel said lovingly, as her fingers interweaved with his.

"Well... I guess I'll get off here, tell Callum I'll be by at four to pick Shari up Friday," Vanessa stated.

"Four, huh? Well then, I think I'll be here so we can properly meet."

"Yes, I think that would be best given the time you spend around my daughter."

"Alrighty then, see you Friday, bye, bye," Itzel said politely, before hanging up. "I don't think she likes me much," she stated placing Callum's phone in the nook in front of the gear shifter.

"Yeah, she does have a jealous streak in her, especially concerning women as..." Callum's hand gestured at her and her elegant black evening dress.

"So does she still have feelings for you?" Itzel asked, curiously.

"Wouldn't know, don't care," Callum said, truthfully. "Told you Itzel, what Vanessa and I had is long dead," he said, lightly squeezing her hand.

"I know, but you are the father of her child. I'm sure she still feels something for you," Itzel said, noticing how he turned on the left blinker as he shrugged. She had watched and memorized every turn, every road as they drove to his parents' home for when she would pick Shari up from their place in case Callum was too busy.

******

Antonio stood out on his front porch watching as the strange white car pulled into his driveway. It was far too luxurious for his son to afford, not that he disliked those who could afford such things, yet it wasn't something his son would drive. Gisselle had been in a tizzy since Callum had called over an hour ago to tell them he was bringing someone along whom they should meet. From the way his wife told him of how their son sounded on the phone Antonio inferred that whoever the woman was must have made a very big impression on their son.

"Gisselle?!"

"What?!" Her voice was carried through the house as she puttered around in the kitchen.

"I believe they're here," Antonio called back, "honey I think you need to come out here, like, right now," he stated, he couldn't believe how stunning the woman was as she so elegantly slid out of the car. "I'll be damned, who knew," Antonio chuckled inside his head, waving to his son as the woman held the seat forward so Shari could climb out.

"No, that can't be her?!" Gisselle gasped from behind her husband.

"You know her or something?" Antonio asked, peering over his shoulder.

"I know of her honey, never met her before." Antonio could see how his wife was star struck.

"Papa! Nana! " Shari cried out as she raced towards her grandparents.

"Pumpkin!" Antonio returned the greeting with a warm smile. Yet his eyes slyly noted how his son's arm slid along the woman's waist as his hand came to a rest on her right hip and how the woman mimicked his son's actions. Arching an eyebrow when his wife rushed past him.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you?!" Gisselle stammered as she held out her hand. "I can't believe I'm actually meeting you!"

"You know of me?!" Itzel asked confused, shaking Gisselle's hand. Looking to Callum who just shrugged indicating he had no clue what she's talking about.

"Forgive me, I'm kind of a closet fashion geek," Gisselle said, red faced. "I just never thought I'd ever meet you or that my son would be..." her eyes dipped low noting how they were holding each other, "dating a super model."

"Itzel are you a model?" Shari's cute voice rang out.

"I was once upon a time Shari."

"Forgive my manners, I'm Gisselle, and this strapping older gentleman is my husband, Antonio. Please won't you come in?"

"I'd love too," Itzel said, smiling warmly at Callum's mother.

"You said model, nothing about super," Callum whispered in her ear.

"You never asked me to clarify," Itzel said, with a coy smirk.

"Sneaky."

"No refunds," Itzel said, lightly patting his ass. Warmly greeting Antonio as she stepped onto the porch. The moment she stepped into Callum's childhood home she felt the warmth that permeated their home. Looking down as Shari took hold of her hand, peering back at Callum as he wore a smile as he shut the front door as Shari showed her around his parents' home.

Callum was quickly ushered into the kitchen by his mother, who was followed by Antonio. "Cal, just where did you meet... Itzel?" Gisselle asked, she had so many questions that she wanted to ask.

"Regina introduced us during the poker run over a month ago," Callum said, rubbing the back of his head as his parents stared at him.

"And how long have the two of you been dating?" Antonio asked, getting him and his son a beer.

"A little over a month," Callum admitted.

"And you didn't think to mention that you were dating a model to me?" Gisselle asked, heatedly.

"Mom, I just learned she was like an hour ago," Callum said, backing away from his mother's fiery glare. "I was under the impression Itzel was just a really hot librarian," he stated which caused Antonio to nearly spit out his sip of beer.

"She's a l-librarian?" Antonio stammered.

"I am," Itzel said, appearing in the doorway once Shari had shown her all throughout the house. Smirking at Callum, loving how he still thought she was hot even after he had won her hand.

"I hope you don't mind country fried steak," Gisselle said, shyly.

"Nope, did you teach Cal how to make it?" Itzel asked, remembering the times she had it at his house when she would spend the night with him and Shari.

"I did," Gisselle nodded.

"If it's anywhere as delicious as how Cal makes it, I'm sure I'm going to love it," Itzel stated as she smiled at Gisselle.

"Itzel, you have to come see this!" Shari tugged on her hand as she bounced on her feet.

"Oh? What is it?"

"Daddy and Papa made it," Shari said, smiling up at her.

"It's the gazebo we built for Mom for mother's day," Callum answered as Itzel looked over at him.

"Then you better take me to see it," Itzel said, matching Shari's smile.

"It seems Shari's taken with her," Antonio stated as the back door closed behind Itzel.

"Yeah, she loves her," Callum sighed as he leaned against the edge of the counter knowing this could be bad if they broke up.

"Is she good with her?" Gisselle asked, in a protective manner.

"Oh yes, they're like two peas in a pod. Inseparable."

"What about you honey? Is she good for you?" Gisselle inquired, in that motherly voice. Smiling happily when Callum nodded. She had worried that her son wouldn't find someone to fill his life and only lived for his daughter. She knew Shari would get to the age where she wouldn't need her father as much and she knew that would hurt her baby, just like it hurt her when Callum started to be independent. "So Cal, are you two serious?" Turning her head as the door opened.

"Well? Are we?" Itzel asked, with a mischievous grin. Her eyes glanced over as his father chuckled.

"Yeah, are you Daddy?" Shari asked, mimicking Itzel's words.

"Traitor?!" Callum teased sticking his tongue out at his daughter who giggled.

"Answer the question Cal, are we serious?" Itzel asked in a stern voice, while her steel blue eyes lustered in their mischief.

"I think we are, so are we?" Callum replied turning the tables on her. He fought to keep himself from hardening as Itzel walked across the kitchen in determination. His grip on his beer bottle loosened and would have shattered on the floor if it weren't for his father's quick thinking as Itzel kissed him so passionately that it curled his toes. His eyelids fluttered as they slowly opened as Itzel pulled away.

"Does that answer your question?" Itzel cooed.

"No, I think I need another..." The clearing of his mother's throat brought them back to reality.

"Well now, I think I need to show Shari something. Otherwise the cooties will get us," Antonio teased giving Shari her shot as she held out her arm.

"Don't mind him, Antonio is a child at heart. More so when Shari is around," Gisselle said, as she returned to preparing dinner. "Now Cal, why don't you go see what those two are doing while we girls talk," she commanded shooing her son out of the kitchen.

"Why does it feel like I have two children whenever I come here?" Callum muttered with a smile on his face as he left the kitchen.

"You didn't complain when you and your father would take off to god knows where?!"

"I wasn't a parent then," Callum shot back causing his mother to chuckle.

"Look Daddy, I'm riding a unicorn!" Shari called out as Callum walked into his father's garage.

"I can see that," Callum said plainly, looking over to his father as Shari rode the kiddy ride.

"Found it online for cheap!" Antonio said, smiling at his son. Loving how the tables were turned now that they were the grandparents.

"You know I think you're taking your frustration with grandma and grandpa out on me for all the toys they got me," Callum huffed, to which his father simply shrugged his shoulders.

"This has been going on since time immemorial, as I do, so shall you and in turn your children with their children and so on," Antonio said, trying to sound scholarly. Shari just looked at them, confused at what they were talking about causing the two men to laugh. "So son, do you love this woman?" he asked quietly, as Shari enjoyed her ride.

"I know it's too soon for us to feel that, yet I just don't know what it is about her that I..."

"Ah," placing his hand on his son's right shoulder, "it was the same way when I met your mother when I first came to this country," Antonio said, referencing his family's escape from the crime and drug infested small town in Mexico. "How she was so patient with me when I was struggling to learn English. Even at fourteen I knew I wanted to marry that woman, and I did but you know that," he said, smirking at his son. "So does she feel the same...?"

"I do," Itzel said, startling the two of them. "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, yet your mother told me to tell the three of you to go wash up, dinner will be ready in a few," she said, the love she felt for Callum burned in her eyes was they looked at one another.

"Itzel, look! Papa got me a unicorn?!" Shari cried out in joy as she threw her arms in the air as the ride was still going.

"I'm so jealous! You got your own unicorn," Itzel pouted.

"Do you want to ride it?!" Shari asked, excited to share the experience with Itzel.

"I'd love too, but after dinner okay," Itzel said, noting the smile on Callum's lips at the right answer.

"Kay!" Hopping off the ride once it stopped, running to her grandfather and hugging him tightly. "Thank you, for the present Papa."

"You're very welcome cariño," Antonio uttered as he rubbed her back. "Well, we best not keep Gisselle waiting," he said, watching how Shari ran to Itzel's side and slipped her hand into hers before the two of them walked off towards the guest bathroom. His eyes glanced at his son knowing what that act meant. "You best keep that girl Cal, or Shari's going to have a hard time letting go."

"I know Dad, this is what I've dreaded from the moment we started dating," Callum sighed.

"Come, you know how your mother is if we're late for dinner," Antonio said, guiding his son out of the garage.

"I hope dinner was to your liking Itzel," Gisselle said, once everyone had their fill.

"Yes it was, it was so good. No wonder your son is an excellent cook," Itzel said, warmly.

"Thank you," sitting straighter in her seat, "I taught Cal a great many of my, and his grandmother's, recipes for when Shari started to eat solid food," Gisselle said, with pride.

"And it shows," Itzel said, laying her hand on top of Callum's hand. "I hope you wouldn't mind if you teach me too. I'd like to help Cal when he's too busy to make dinner."

"I'd love too, and you can regale me about life on the runway," Gisselle said, giving her son a look that told him you better not mess this up.

"Deal!" Itzel giggled.

"Daddy can me and Itzel be excused?" Shari asked, looking around Itzel who sat between the two of them.

"Sure honey, just not too long. We have to get you home so you have enough time for your shower and to study for that test," Callum said, smiling at his daughter's little groan.

******

"You want to stay tonight?" Callum asked, as they stood in the doorway of his home once they had arrived back at his place.

"I'd love to Cal, but I have an early meeting and I don't want to wake the two of you."

"It's okay, I understand."

"Don't think I don't want too, tonight has been so magical for me," Itzel said, slipping her arms around him.

"So meeting the parents didn't scare you off?" Callum inquired as Itzel shook her head.

"No, I enjoyed meeting them. It's my parents that I fear won't be accepting of you," Itzel sighed, as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Callum said, holding Itzel tightly as he rubbed her back.

Itzel's eyes darted back and forth; a broad smile formed on her lips that the word 'We'. So very pleased that he was thinking about them as a couple.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." Looking down as Callum took hold of her wrist as she turned to leave.

"Umm... Vanessa wants to take Shari for the weekend, maybe you and I can get away for the weekend, just the two of us," Callum said, hoping he wasn't going too fast.

"The... two of us?!" Her heart was hammering against her ribs. "W-where were you thinking of going?"

"Pactola Lake, my grandparents have a cabin on the shore of it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me using it for the weekend."

"I'd love to Cal, does that mean I get to see all that sexy body all nice and wet?" Itzel purred.

"That's my line, but yes," Callum said, with a sinful grin.

"I can't wait," Itzel said, getting another long sensuous kiss in. "Oh, I so need to pack!" she exclaimed.

Chapter Ten.

Three months later...

"Mom?" Itzel spoke into her phone keeping her shock hidden as she sat in the break room of the library.

"Hello honey, why didn't you tell me you were dating someone?"

"Wait?! How do you know about Cal?!" Itzel asked, her eyes darted to and fro.

"Come now Itzel, I do visit your Facebook page," she sighed, "just because you don't want to be in this world anymore doesn't mean you've stopped being my daughter. So just who is this man?"

"He runs his own business..."

"I know that, did you think I wouldn't have done my own research on him when I saw the pictures of your time at that lake? I mean who is he as a man, the man that's dating my baby girl?"

"He's a single dad, has a little girl that he loves."

"Oh? He's awful young to be a parent," she said, picking up the picture the P.I. she had hired to do a background check on the man had included in the packet. "She has to be at least eight years old."

"Mom, please tell me you didn't have someone spying on him?" Itzel groaned.

"Come now dear, did you think I wouldn't do my own investigation into the man? Especially after all those losers?! So tell me: how is it that he has a child at that age?"

"Cal had Shari when he was sixteen and raised her ever since," Itzel said, proud that her man was man enough to step up to that responsibility.

"Really?! He did, did he? Interesting. So her name is Shari? Pretty name, what of her mother? Surely she's trying to get back with him?"

"No. Not now, not ever. Callum has no interest in that," Itzel stated firmly, knowing what her mother was trying to do. "Plus she's already married."

"Oh, I see. So how much time have you spent with his daughter?"

"Mom what's with the twenty questions?"

"Can't a mother be curious of the man that's dating her daughter?"

"With you, it's never that simple Mom," Itzel said, smiling into the phone.

"I'm just worried honey, I don't want what happened with all the others to happen again. I don't ever want to see you hurt like that ever again."

"Mom, Cal isn't like those idiots. He... he loves me, truly loves me, Mom," Itzel said, a smile instantly formed on her lips as she said those words.

"Oh? Does he now? So this is really serious then?"

"Very," Itzel nodded.

"Then I think your father and I need to meet this man. I'm flying you out to LA."

"Wait... what?!"

"Sweetheart, I saw the look in your eyes in those lake photos. I know you dear. You want to marry this man, yes?"

"Y-yes," Itzel said, bashfully. She hasn't spoken of it to anyone, even Regina, she didn't want to jinx it, yet she has been thinking of what married life would be like as Callum's wife. However, knowing her mother she would know what she had been thinking just from a picture.

"Then it's settled, in two weeks I'll have the company jet pick you up at this Spearfish... weird name for an airport."

"Mom?! Cal just can't close down his business and to fly to LA."

"Awe. You do care about him."

"Of course, I do! It's how he supports his little girl," Itzel said, getting defensive.

"I see. Very well, I'll write him a check for his time lost, will that calm your ire," she said, smiling into her phone.

"Fine, fine, I'll talk to him," Itzel sighed.

"I look forward to hearing that he's agreed to fly down to meet us. I'm sure your father is very eager to meet this man as am I. Especially if my darling daughter plans to wed this man," Elena said, sternly.

"Mom?!"

"What?! Don't you take that tone with me. I'm sure this Cal will understand where I'm coming from being a parent and all, that is if he's a good parent," Elena stated.

"He's a very good father, don't you dare belittle him," Itzel spoke forcibly into her phone.

"My Itzel, I've never seen this side of you before," Elena said, smiling into her phone.

"Well... Callum isn't like any man I've ever been with. He's..."

"Oh, I see," Elena said, smiling into her phone. "Does he make you happy baby?"

"Very happy."

"Then I really need to meet this man, if someone can make my baby sound the way you do then we need to ensure that his man will be good for you."

"I'll talk to Cal tonight about it, I got to get back to work Mom," Itzel said, noticing her break was almost over.

"Okay honey, do call your mother. I shouldn't have to find out about your boyfriend from your Facebook page," Elena said, disapprovingly.

"Yes Mom," Itzel said, rolling her eyes.

******

Later that day...

"Wait. What?! You want to us to go where?" Callum asked stunned, his fork falling onto his plate as he, Shari, and Itzel shared their evening meal together.

"It'll be fun Daddy!" Shari said excitedly, unaware of the seriousness of what Itzel had just told them.

"Cal, I know this is a lot to ask, and you know I'm not asking this of you or Shari without considering everything. Yet my parents would really like to meet the two of you. The two of you have become so important in my life," Itzel stated as she reached over and rested her hand over Shari's. "And as much as I love the two of you, I need them to be okay with the two of you..." Stopping herself before she said too much.

"The two of us... what?" Callum urged her on as he rolled his hand.

"Joining my family," Itzel said, hanging her head as her face became ripe as a cherry. It was Shari's gasp that filled that silent room as Callum stared at Itzel in shock.

"Does that mean you're going to be my new Mommy?!" Shari asked, with exuberant eyes.

"I would like that very much Shari, yet your father and I are still a long way away from that stage of our relationship," Itzel said, with a loving smile. "That is, however, up to your father if he would like me as his wife," she said, putting Callum on the spot.