The Long Ride Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dad..."

"Shari go to your room... Itzel and I need to have a chat," Callum said, unable to take his eyes off of Itzel.

"But..." Shari quickly clammed up as her father's eyes glanced at her. Her feet resounded on the hardwood floor as she raced to her room. Nevertheless, she wasn't about to miss out on anything as she listened through her cracked open door.

"Cal..." Itzel started to speak only to stop as Callum held up a finger.

"Relax, relax, it isn't like she just said she wanted to marry you in front of your daughter?!" Callum muttered into his mind. The feet of the dining room chair groaned as it scraped along the floor as Callum rose from his seat. "What are you going to do Cal? If you say no, she'll leave you, and Shari will hate you for a while. Regina will kick your ass for messing up a good thing. Still, can you live with seeing her around town with another man? Can you handle that? Or are you just trying to talk yourself out of this when you already know the truth?" he silently debated inside his head as he got a bottle of beer out of the fridge. "Relax Cal, it's not like this is one of the biggest moments of your life," Callum berated himself. "You were there when Shari was born. Marriage can't be as hard as rising a child on your own," he hoped as he pressed the cool bottle to his forehead.

Pulling out the chair beside Itzel before sinking down into it. His eyes studying hers as he took a sip. "So... I think we need to have a talk you and I."

"Cal..."

"Let me finish," Callum said, holding up his hand. "Itzel I love you; I really do. But are you sure we aren't moving too fast for this?"

"Oh Cal, you don't know how much I love you. I would move the Heavens and the Earth if it would make you smile," slipping into his lap, "I know this is going faster than I had planned," Itzel said, smirking at his cocked eyebrow as her arms wrapped around his neck. "But when I think of the future, I don't see another man in my arms, holding my hand, lying next to me, fathering my babies," she said, biting her lip to contain her giggle as Callum choked on his beer at the last part.

"Babies?!"

"Yes Cal, I want children. Not a whole load of them maybe one or two. Don't you think Shari needs a brother or sister?"

"But that's..."

"I know a lot of work and a commitment that neither one of us can ever back out of," Itzel nodded in understanding. "Yet you know what it takes to be a good father. I've loved the time we've spent together. The time Shari and I, just zoning out on the couch on a lazy Sunday, have spent together. I love the way you make me feel whenever you look at me. How my body responds to your touch like it knows you were made for me," taking hold of his hand and placing it over her heart, "feel its beat Cal, feel how steady it is as I say these words: I want to marry you; I want to be your wife. I want us to grow old together, to experience what life has to offer for the three of us. I want to be a mother to Shari and any other children that might come along in the future. I'm not saying knock me up in a day or two I want the two of us both ready to bring new life into this world, because I know you'll love them just as much as you love Shari. I want you and only you Callum MacRoe."

"And I... I don't know if I could ever live with myself if I ever let you go," Callum said, looking deeply into her eyes. "I honestly don't know what this feeling is that connects us so deeply only after four months, yet somehow I know it's right."

Itzel's eyes quivered as his words settled in her brain. She was so fearful that if she spoke the words Callum would run screaming for the hills. Yet she saw the certainty of his words in his eyes. Not a word was said between them as they shared a sensual kiss as Callum's arms wrapped around her waist. The one place she never wanted to be away from.

"Cal does this mean, we're engaged?" Itzel asked, once their lips parted.

"Do you want to be?"

"Mmmhmm," Itzel nodded matching his smile.

"I guess we need to go ring shopping..."

"Honey, I don't need a ring. I just need you. But if you want to get me one I'm not opposed to the idea," Itzel said, with a sly grin. "Don't worry baby, I'm not going to make you take money away that you need to support Shari with. I am rich after all, and this is the 21st century it's not who buys the ring, it's the person that's giving it to me that matters the most," she said, in a loving light.

"Okay, I've tried not to dig into your financial wealth, but just how rich are you and your parents? I mean you have your own private jet for crying out loud," Callum said, he so wasn't going to let her buy her own ring. That would just look bad on him and his manhood if he was worried about what other people thought -- which he wasn't -- just what Itzel thought of him. After all he did have all that back child support to spend. He has been planning on buying a Ducati Multistrada 1260 S so when the two of them went riding together he could keep up with her when Shari was staying at Vanessa's house.

"Umm..." Itzel glanced away as she scratched her cheek.

"Itzel?! Spill."

"Promise you won't make a big fuss about it?"

"Itzel, I already knew you were rich, that car you drive and that bike kind of outed you," Callum said, with a coy smile.

"Well, I've been living off the interest of my trust fund since I've been eighteen. It's why I could buy my house on a librarian's salary. Why I can work the minimal hours there, I think that's one of the reasons they like having me around they don't have to make sure I have all the hours like everyone else. Not that I mind, I love working at the library it's so much less stressful than the dressing room for a show."

"I can only imagine, must be very stressful with all those half naked women walking around you," Callum chuckled.

"Perv!" Itzel giggled as she lightly slapped his chest. "So the only real time I've touched my trust fund was to buy my bike, and that house." The interest has recouped the slight dip, which wasn't even a blip at all to her one hundred million she had stored in offshore accounts that her mother and father had set up for her when she graduated high school which in turn netted her six million in interest alone. Not that she was going to tell Callum about that just yet. She knew that kind of money could tempt any person, it sure did her for a few years until she wised up and learned that money can't buy you everything. Glancing out the corner of her eye as she saw Shari peeking around the corner. Holding out her arm to her, waving her over, she wanted to celebrate this with her as well. Itzel brought the two people she loved most -- minus her parents -- into a warm embrace knowing if they were together nothing could ever tear them apart.

******

The door chimed as Callum and Itzel walked into Key Jewelers at noon that Thursday. Ever since Vanessa had met Itzel a few days after the dinner with his parents she kept her visits to only picking up and dropping off Shari. Not that he cared; Callum was enjoying not having to see his ex-girlfriend every single day. If he had to assume it was more about how Henry was eyeing Itzel when they first met, it was fine with him, Callum had no interest in getting involved in their family life, and he sure wasn't going to allow Vanessa to meddle in his. He wondered how she was going to take the news that he was engaged now. Yet he did relent on allowing Shari to spend the weekend with them since they would be in LA for a whole week. Something Vanessa wasn't too happy about, this too, he didn't care about. She missed eight years of Shari's life; a week won't kill her.

"Please if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask," said the very cheerful woman standing behind the counter.

"I will," Itzel replied matching the woman's smile.

"Anything I can help you look for?" The woman asked, her eyes studying how the two of them were perusing the rows of rings, bracelets, and necklaces that lined the showcases.

"Engagement rings?" Callum asked as he looked up.

"Certainly," the woman's tone took on a joyous note to it as she spoke, "please if you would follow me." Her finger beckoned them to follow after her where they showed off all their selection of rings they had in stock at the store. "These are all we have in the store, however, if you'd like, we can make one just for your future wife," the woman said, not missing the big smile on Itzel's lips when she said that.

"That has a lovely sound don't you think Cal?" Itzel purred into his ear. Loving how she could make those cheeks of his blush, praying that it would still be that way in another twenty years. She knew there would be days, nights, maybe weeks they wouldn't like each other, yet you work through all that and don't throw in the towel when the going gets tough; and Itzel wasn't about to be like every couple she knew in LA that divorced after a few years only to hook up with some stud when she already had what she had been looking for. "That one looks nice," Itzel cooed as her finger tapped the glass over the ring. Its round diamonds haloed four brilliant princess-cut diamonds to create the focal point around the over one carat princess-cut center diamond, while baguette diamonds shimmered on each side of the generous band. Even more dazzling round diamonds adorned the band, bringing the total diamond weight to an impressive four carats. All mounted to a 14k white gold band.

"You sure?" Callum asked, peering over at her knowing that was a really big ring.

"Oh yes, the world needs to know that I'm taken by the charming Mr. MacRoe," Itzel said, snuggling up to him.

"Thought I was shady," Callum teased as his hand rested on the small of her back.

"Don't worry about that, we'll take care of that soon," Itzel teased as she lightly patted Callum's chest. "Now to that gorgeous ring," she stated as her eyes never left it. Wondering how her parents -- namely her mother -- would take it once she saw the ring on her finger. "May I see that one?" Itzel asked, the saleswoman. Knowing the price of nearly six thousand dollars Callum wouldn't be able to afford it without going into debt. Something she wasn't about to allow him to do because she liked the ring. It was going to be her ring, one she would pass down to her children if they ever came to pass.

"Certainly," the woman replied, hoping they could pay for it and make the sale.

"Oh my," Itzel sighed as her right hand pressed against her cheek as the diamonds sparkled in the light as her thumb kept the ring in place given that it was slightly bigger than her finger was. "I love it, but..."

"It's too big for you, isn't it?"

"Just a tad," Itzel said, politely.

"Let me ask our jeweler on how long it will take to resize it, and get the sizing rings," the woman said, holding out her hand for the ring which Itzel promptly handed it over.

"You sure that's the one you want?" Callum asked, once they were alone. "It's awful big don't you think?"

"True it is big, but I want the world to know how much I love you, Cal," Itzel said, sweetly. Pressing her lips lightly against his as they stood in each other's arms.

"Alright, as long as you're sure that's the one you want," Callum stated reaching behind him for his wallet.

"Cal? What are you doing?" Itzel asked, as Callum pulled out his debit card.

"Buying my fiancée the ring she wants, what else?" Callum uttered with a coy smirk.

"But I thought..."

"You think I'm good with you buying your own ring?" Callum asked, smirking, arching an eyebrow. "If you're worried about money honey, you can always pay for the wedding," he joked.

"Then we are having a big wedding with all the bells," Itzel said, sternly.

"If that's what you want, I won't stop you," Callum said, gently rubbing Itzel's ass.

"You sure this won't take away from Shari?"

"Nope, been wondering what to use Vanessa's back child support on," Callum said, matter-of-factly.

"Oh?! Well then, by all means spend her money on me," Itzel said, with a wicked grin. "Oh, I can't wait to show her the ring you bought me," she giggled.

"Naughty," Callum cooed giving Itzel's rear end a light spank.

"You know it and love it," Itzel said, in a sultry tune.

"True." Just then the door to the rear of the shop opened.

"Shouldn't be a problem in resizing should it not be over a whole size difference," the woman said as she walked back to the counter. "Now let's see what we're working with shall we?" Leaving them once again after she got Itzel's actual size. "Our jeweler said, it should only be ten to twenty minutes to resize it for you. Now will that be cash, credit, or..."

"Debit," Callum stated handing over his card.

"Would you like to add the extended plan, it covers resizing and repairs for life," the woman stated as she waited in front of the resister.

"Sure," Callum nodded. His fingers drummed against his legs as he waited for the charge to clear.

"Now if you would just sign this," she said, laying down the receipt and pen in front of him.

"Let's go there," Callum pointed out the motorcycle dealership across the road from them once they exited the store.

"Why?"

"People been telling me I need to start living, well... what better way to live then by taking very long rides with my soon-to-be wife," Callum said, with a sneaky smile.

"See?! There you go being all shady again," Itzel teased, yet she couldn't help but smile at his words. "What are you planning on getting?"

"A Ducati," Callum spoke as they waited for the crossing light to change.

"Really?! A Ducati, getting tired of being left behind on that cruiser?" Itzel asked, as a challenging light played along her steel blue eyes.

"Maybe." Drawing out the word causing Itzel to giggle as she looped her arm around his left.

"You know you don't have to get a new motorcycle."

"I know, but like I said, people have been bugging me to start living now that Vanessa has returned. I thought: Hey! I know someone that would like the idea of us cruising down the interstate at a hundred. But it appears I was wrong," Callum joked.

"Hmpf!" Turning her nose up at him, yet she so enjoyed the banter they had between the two of them.

Callum's new black Ducati Multistrada 1260 S stopped in front of the store once twenty-five minutes were up. Feeling Itzel's hands sliding along his stomach as she eased herself off the back of his bike. He'll admit feeling Itzel's body pressing against his as they test drove the bike before he bought it was heavenly. The way her breasts felt pressing against his back as they moved so perfectly around the curves. How her hands moved along his chest as he shifted gears.

"It's not a bad bike, nowhere near my MT-01," Itzel said tauntingly, as she cocked out her right hip.

"Oh?! You think so, huh?" Callum mused as he kicked the stand out. "We'll see who's faster," he said, with a challenging smirk as he took the keys out of the ignition.

"Oh, it's so on," Itzel said, meeting his decree.

"Ah, you're back! Let me get your ring," the saleswoman said excitedly as Callum and Itzel entered the store. "Please make sure it's sized properly," she said, opening the box that contained Itzel's ring. However, before Itzel could try it on, Callum plucked it from its velvet lining.

"Cal..." Her lower lip trembled as Callum got down on one knee.

"Itzel Danbury, I know we spoke of this yesterday, but it didn't feel right. I know this isn't the most romantic place to do this. So, will you make Shari and I very happy in being my wife?" Callum asked, as he gazed up at her.

"Oh Cal, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I will marry you," Itzel said, her voice trembled and her eyes watered as she watched Callum slowly slide the ring along her finger. The moment Callum rose to his feet Itzel leapt into his arms. "It fits perfectly, thank you," Itzel spoke once she had lavished Callum with loving kisses.

"I'm so happy, I hope the two of you have a very long and fruitful marriage."

"As do I," Itzel cooed. Waving to the woman was they walked out of the store. She couldn't take her eyes off of how the sun glinted off the stones. "I can't believe I'm going to be the future Mrs. MacRoe," she sighed happily as she wiggled her finger. "What are you...?!" Watching curiously as Callum snapped off a picture of the ring before sending it to someone.

"Oh, you know, about to blow the in-laws brain gaskets," Callum said, wiggling his eyebrows referring to his parents.

"Oh my god! Please tell me you told them before hand?" Itzel asked nervously, as they stood beside their car.

"And spoil the fun, never," Callum said, his dark honey brown eyes glinting with his mischief. "Speak of the devil," he chuckled as his mother called.

"Cal?! Tell me you did not just propose to Itzel?"

"Okay, I won't tell you," Callum said, smirking as his mother muttered something that he just couldn't hear.

"Where's Itzel now?!"

"Standing beside me... here she wants to talk to you," Callum said, smiling wickedly as he handed the device over.

"Yes, yes he did. No, not today, I asked him last night," Itzel spoke softly. "Really, oh my, thank you so much! Yes, I think I can talk Cal into it," she said, lightly giggling into the phone. "No I don't have it," giving out her phone number to Gisselle something she never did, "okay, I'll call you the moment he says yes," she said, smiling at Callum, at his raised eyebrow look. "Okay, I should get off here my lunch break was over ten minutes ago. Yes, I definitely will." Handing his phone back to him once they had said their goodbyes. "You, naughty, naughty man, springing that on your mother," Itzel teased. "Okay, I need to go. I'm..."

"Don't be, I mean when you show up I'm sure they'll understand," Callum said, his thumb brushed along the stone of her ring as he held Itzel's left hand.

"Oh, Regina's going to have a field day with this," Itzel said, causing the both of them to share a laugh.

"Yeah. If it's not already being spread around town by my..." Looking down when his phone went off again, but he ignored it seeing how it was Vanessa's number. "It seems to be spreading, you best save yourself," he teased getting a quick kiss in as he held her car door open.

"What is it Vanessa?" Callum asked, once he called her back after Itzel was gone.

"I heard something interesting Cal."

"I'm sure you did," Callum muttered as he sat on his bike.

"So marriage huh? I hope she knows what a lucky woman she is."

"Having regrets?"

"No, I know we could never be like that, at least how we are now. Before... I did kind of hope we would after high school. I just wanted to call and tell you how happy I am that the two of you found each other. I know these last few months haven't been easy on either of us. I just hope that down the road we can be friends again. I have really missed you being my friend Cal."

"Well... who knows what lies down the road. Question," Callum sighed as he turned the ignition on.

"Yes?"

"You want to take Shari tomorrow night?"

"Of course, I would love to have Shari for the night. You know that Cal, I take it the two of you want a little alone time to celebrate?"

"Something like that, a little hard to be intimate when her room is like twenty feet from mine."

"I can see how that would be a problem for the newly engaged couple," Vanessa chuckled.

"You're taking far too much pleasure out of this."

"Hey, I'll take what I can get out of our recovering relationship."

"Well, this will show you," sending over the picture of Itzel's ring, "how's that huh?"

"Holy?! That's a huge fucking rock..."

"Vanessa!" Henry's voice barked in the background.