All Comments on 'The Long Shot Pt. 14'

by DragonCobolt

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honoured Dragon,

You built a whole universe, showed an apocalyptic conflict beginning. You cannot end it with an epilogue. This story needs a middle half. You must to tell us what happened, for this story is too well written to be ended so.

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 2 years agoAuthor

This story is brought to you by the following harem members (and patreon supporters)

Jeter Latenight, Joe Johnson, Dasm, Masterhobbes, Pancor, Ashed Disavowed, CJ (and only CJ), Lon'Tavion Scott, Chris, B.C. McGuire, Fast59, Morris, Tiberius Reign,

keen_FlattendHedgeHog, Paks, Phraxius, Pierce Gray, Taco1085, Albert Finney, Indianguy, MaxxDredd, MDG1969, Etorius Starwalker, Dave2282, Seth, Red24g, SylentNight, CrispnCrunch, AutumnStripe, Gillered, zerozero, Jarath, Daddy Lenin, clauskj3r, Devi Lacroix, Doughnut, Dracorexidae, Erika Chappell, Twei, Gibreel, J Corwin, thepsyborg, Anji, SomeRandomG33k, Evilhippy, mikalman216 and Youkai-sama

If you enjoyed my work, check out my work on Amazon right now! More than two dozen books are ready for your enjoyment!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Cobolt/e/B01MYEIXQE/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

And if you want to see more stories, please consider my Patreon! If you subscribe, you get to vote on upcoming stories, get free access to my self-published work, and get to see new chapters a WEEK EARLY! So if you absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter of this story, consider dropping a buck a week!

Link: patreon.com/DragonCobolt

Finally, if you want to ask me any question about this story or others, feel free to follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/DragonCobolt

Thanks for Reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really Amazing truly wonderful but the rest of the story is another tale for Another time.... Into the forest i go to lose my mind and find my soul

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 2 years agoAuthor

Aw, thanks Anon! My thinking was...like, at a certain point, there are a diminishing returns on space battles. You get the build up space battles, you get the HUGE space battle at Found - but once the countermeasure is found, there's not really much left bar the shouting.

It'd just drag on for little payoff.

...also, this story was very long and complicated and I wanna write something easier!

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeeover 2 years ago

This ending is perfect. Thank you for writing it.

toolbox0toolbox0over 2 years ago

I very much enjoyed the story, but you went from a pleasant cruise to warp speed in 2 pages. Very unexpected, and shattered the flow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You ran out of gas and just ended the story with a few words, abandoning your entire cast. Makes reading it a waist of time. Would it be possible for you to reconsider this and write an ending chapter that does the rest of the story and your characters justice?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As weird as this story was (people turned into tiny starships... mkay... lol) I enjoyed it and think the ending is very fitting for the simple fact that life isn't a goddamned fairy tale and people don't live happily ever after. They may be happy for awhile but then the princess gets caught banging one of her body guards or the prince suddenly comes down with gonorrhea and it all goes to shit yet again... but such is life.

5 stars... well done DC.

tenyaritenyarialmost 2 years ago

Much as I liked this story, I was a little confused at the end over exactly what the countermeasure was that would be more successful than the fleets of ships they had been throwing at the endless enemy. With no description other than 'a countermeasure or castle or canon or siege' it didn't read as being anything different than what had already failed.

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltalmost 2 years agoAuthor

To be honest, I was feeling pretty burned out near the end here, so I did rush to finish it...

But basically, the idea is the countermeasure is a large device that projects a "shut down" code to the Abomination - it just takes a long time to build, so it can only be built at the far edge of the galaxy from the incursion. The goal was always for it to be kind of a bittersweet ending - that the Concord and the galaxy would be radically damaged and changed, even with the effects of the Long Shot.

But...it was a lot to write and I was under a lot of stress at the time, so it didn't come off as full and rich as I hoped :(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous