All Comments on 'The Lost Girl of Avignon'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
Nicole2023Nicole20236 months ago

I will not start reading this story at 4am. I will go back to sleep.... But the pull to read over work is strong....

I can sleep anytime gotta read

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaru6 months ago

This was an incredibly fun read and you're such an amazing writer. I'm in love with Annemarie and Sophie.

It was a real honor to get to read an advanced copy 😊❤️

used2bjustjused2bjustj6 months ago

That was incredible! I know you are probably done with these characters but I would definitely want to see a part 2

where the pair goes on and joins the Holy Order of Lorraine seeking out and destroying evil in the world.

5/5

J

dwoelfledwoelfle6 months ago

This was such a fun ride with just delicious characters. You draw us in so easily with your lovely prose. Thank you for another amazing story.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPenny6 months ago

Delicious, delightful, well-researched, well-written. Easily six stars, were there justice.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt6 months ago

I couldn’t see a happy ending for this tale, tho my heart ached for AnneMarie and all that had been taken from her and I seriously wanted a happy ending for her. I don’t believe I’ve ever read a vampire story in which the vampire was cured. Bloody brilliant! (Pun most definitely intended). Much as I’d also like to see more of all these characters, I’ll take the win and be content

ca_daveca_dave6 months ago

This was possibly the strangest story you have ever posted Wanda. But at the same time it is the best you have ever posted. Thank you Wanda for the wonderful talent you so graciously share with us. 5*'s.

gunmakergunmaker6 months ago

For me, a difficult story to start. Highly unusual. Certainly not what I've come to expect from you. All that said, it was well written and thought out. The characters were superb and the the story compelling. Very good!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Greatly enjoyed this! Marvel Noir lol. Thanks!

Guido2020Guido20206 months ago

This is wonderful once i started reading i could not stop. enjoyed every word Thank you

XactoXacto6 months ago

Never felt the appeal of vampire stories before. (I find enough horror in the day-to-day madness of the world.) But this is a beautiful story. Thanks for creating and sharing it. ❤️❤️❤️

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere6 months ago

Wanda, Wanda: You are you even when you wander off your well beaten path into the noir. This was hugely enjoyable. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Something haunting and deep lives in this story, drawing the reader in to a strange and disturbing world. Superb!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

My god, I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn. Kinda reminds me of The Librarian, which is no bad thing. Not just because of Annemarie's choice of profession, but because of the whole style of writing. The suspense is to die for, and the suggestions of supernatural build up masterfully until it is finally confirmed when AM meets Nana. Truly amazing story, and a nice change of pace from your usual work. Highlu recommens you make gothic horror a yearly thing for Halloween, because this is incredible.

GlendarGlendar6 months ago

You keep doing this, this _thing_. Compelling, isolated characters, often damaged (this time more so than most), but strong in their own way. And two that are more than the sum of their parts. (I'm absolutely not complaining!) Wonderful Hit, Wanda!

I'd kind of like to see a followup with the grandmother. No, not like _that_. I think that she'd kick some serious ass, in a very dangerous, but grandmotherly, way.

@nicole2023 - You and me both! But I managed to get enough sleep, finally.

Jalibar62Jalibar626 months ago

Loved your choice of "Dies Irae", just perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

... wonderful story... I could not stop reading... thank you so much 👍⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ LisaR.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank you. Whatever flaws the story may have, a touching tale.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I know that "one hit" is kind of your thing, but dang I'd love to read more of this one.

You've become far and away my favorite writer here. Such a treat to see your name pop up.

This is already one of my favorites you've done, as is "Death and the Maiden." You have a touch for fantasy and genre fiction, in addition to romance! Can't wait to see what you do next.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141596 months ago

You are such an incredible writer. I wouldn’t have felt like this story would have been out of place on a bookstore shelf.

Slurpy29Slurpy296 months ago

A truly romantic tale with a great spin on the vampire theme. Enjoyed every beautiful written word. I always love to see a post from you because it’s like receiving a special treat.

LadyGamer1980LadyGamer19806 months ago

I really love your writing. It's was definitely a cool twist to cure vampirism.

I look forward to reading more of your work whether it's a continuation of this story or something new.

Tyrion90Tyrion906 months ago

Lovely story. 5* without hesitation.

Though I would love to read a part 2. The ending went a bit too fast and left too many things open for this to be a satisfactory final ending, in my tastes.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I thought this was a wonderfully thought out story, You have a vivid imagination, and if this is a sample you would make a great screen writer, There was a movie I saw Years ago "The Vampire Lovers". A Lesbian Vampire movie, with far more sex it than this story had without half the interesting angles, You are a talented, imagintive writer, Keep It Up.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So beautifully written :)

reallimey6886reallimey68866 months ago

I love reading your stories. Great as always.

toesucker1toesucker16 months ago

This was a seriously great Halloween story -- better that you didn't rush it to make the deadline. Atmospheric, inventive and well plotted with surprises galore. I loved all the characters. You now have almost another year to work on a sequel! Or you could just shop this to any agent as proof of talent and go mainstream, not that we wouldn't miss you here terribly!

Marbury1803Marbury18036 months ago

I haven't read this yet, but since you wrote it, I know it will be such a good read. So just saying how totally delighted I am to see a new story from you! More later!

RomanceLivesRomanceLives6 months ago

5* favourite

What a beautiful example of well thought out story, characters and plotting. Annamarie is so well written, I was heartbroken at her tragic life trajectory. I truly did not expect a HEA ending, and was overjoyed as I read the last line.

I know it is not your habit to write sequels, but I would be delighted to read more about Annemarie, Sophie, DI Cole and Sophie's family.

RomanceLivesRomanceLives6 months ago

This would have won the Halloween contest, if the timing had worked out.

FandeborisFandeboris6 months ago

This story was awesome!! An excellent vision of the Vampyre and one of its lonely sufferers.

Annamaria was an exceptional character. Lonely, cursed, despondent she was the most likely to end her life. Only tenacity and the love of a human was with her to the end. When it was later disclosed Sophia cured her lover I lost it. Annamarie was finally able bask in the sunlight.

I thought it whimsical you quoted Shakespeare when the rest story was developing in other parts of Europe.

Part love story, part detective, part horror. I repeat Awesome!

Take Care

AquariusgirlAquariusgirl6 months ago

Oh wow! As always, this was phenomenal! I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. The characters and the build up to them meeting and becoming lovers was lovely to read about.

You've definitely left this story open to continue, now that th couple have joined the order of The Chevaliers of Lorraine. I got one would love to read more.

Thank you for another amazing read, you never fail to not disappoint! Your work on here, is some of the best.

I wish I could rate this more than 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

silveraidersilveraider6 months ago

It's always a delight to find a new story by you and this one was no exception. I loved the characters from the outset, liked the hints you dropped into the dialogue early on ('was that an invitation?') and the slow development of the relationship. I didn't like the single sentence paragraphs for the first page or so but then I got so absorbed in the story that I stopped noticing them. This is a really good story with a great climax. Love it.

Campus77Campus776 months ago

Such a marvelous story! What imagination went into developing this long tale folklore. I agree that the ending was rushed. There is an entirely bold continuation available for The Cross of Loraine. For Annemarie and Sofia plus Det. Cole. This was obviously a work of love. Keep writing!!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetronius6 months ago

Another tour de force! What a disappointment it must be to those in search of titillation. Same-sex love is a relatively minor element and yet to have put this in any category other than Lesbian Sex (Erotic Horror, maybe? or Sci-Fi & Fantasy? or NonConsent Reluctance?) would have too much of a spoiler.

I respect your skill and vision so much that I will read anything you claim authorship of, but this is so far from my customary fare that I'm somewhat stunned to have enjoyed it so much.

You do indeed have the makings of a great series here, the Croix de Lorraine series.

5 stars, rounding down.

Marbury1803Marbury18036 months ago

Sobbed thru the last page or so. Your plotting, your imagination, your writing. So special. I love every one of your stories. A beautiful, imaginative, moving love story. Thanks as always for sharing your light with us.

PauljiggsPauljiggs6 months ago

That was fun!

What a fun read.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

AFAIK this is the first of your works I have read. I loved it.

Staril1Staril16 months ago

Abso-bloody-lutely fabulous..

CagivagurlCagivagurl6 months ago

Wonderful story telling....

Sensational... It took me a little to fall into this one, but once in. I couldn't stop.

A true tale of light V dark....

Just the right blend of story and mythology.

I adored it...

5 Stars

Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

Cagivagurl

xtrail65xtrail656 months ago

Beautiful story

RickshawroadRickshawroad6 months ago

Another wonderful story. Thank you.

In time it would be good to hear more of this duo

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

God, I'm so in awe!

Like all your stories this one was perfectly crafted. It had a great mix of description and dialogue. Never one too long, always engaging. Slowly revealing the backstory so you don't have to dig through a big chunk of text. When and how you introduce new characters so we have no trouble keeping track. I doubt you can find more than a handful of errors in your stories, if at all. But despite all the technical perfection, it is your unique way with words and the emotion your writing conveys that makes your stories shine. Tears came trickling down throughout this story for Annamarie's fate. Not the massive burst for a heavy loss but the steady flow for a suffering creature of darkness without malice. I love how you described that she never gave in to her hunger and only killed her maker. And I especially loved the way you brought in the cure for vampirism and that it is rather unheard of because so very few want to be cured or deserve to be cured.

Your stories may not have the classic happily ever after but they always end on a hopeful note. They create this certain longing for more.

Even today society is not as accepting as it claims to be. With all the happy Christmas movies that are so utterly sweet, you get an instant attack of caries and diabetes in the opening scene we rarely have any lesbian couples in them, and certainly not any like yours. I doubt we will see something like this on TV anytime soon so your lesbian romance stories are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your special gift!

L.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Glorious glorious. You're on fire. The words are magical, maniacal, perfect. This short one is a jewel. Many thanks.

hrnymom6814hrnymom68146 months ago

I love all of your lesbian stories. I loved the added element of mystery in this one. :)

jackie_emjackie_em6 months ago

I'm not much on vampires, but this was a great story - well paced and well developed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Please make this part 1 of an ongoing occasional series. I'm prepared to beg if it helps...

justme2021justme20216 months ago

Simply brilliant and a fantastic read! Thank you for writing and sharing this story with us all.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thirty-onehit Wanda. And, I hope, counting.

DevinterDevinter6 months ago

Absolutely majestic. I am absolutely blown away. I wish I could find words to describe how impressed I am by your talents, but none I can think of seem powerful enough. Five stars simply isn't enough - you deserve every single one in the night sky.

JS60007JS600076 months ago

A gothic love story. Well written with vampires, old orders and lesbian lovers. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thanks for sharing your light with us!

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

Nary a wasted word Wanda, you had me from the beginning to the very end and I enjoyed every bit of it! The Gothic nature of the story worked well, I guess due to the fact you spent more than a little time doing your own research for this story, hopefully in a suitably hushed library with its own “mahogany room” that served as inspiration for the one you depicted, and which I think I’d like to read in myself.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

PygmyCohoPygmyCoho6 months ago

Wow—okay, we NEED a new episode of this for every Halloween, please?

An absolutely wonderful, lush, beautiful tale. Thank you!

AnyMooseAnyMoose6 months ago

Wow; not my typical cup of tea but really well written . Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done. Again

Samson66Samson666 months ago

Another wonderful story. Thank whichever Deity you wish for your talent and creativity. And thank you for sharing them with us.

tremoniatremonia6 months ago

I have to admit. I am not into Vampire-Story's. But that was very well written and it nearly made me miss my time for going to work.....it was captivating.

And who won't love a beautiful love story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Absolutely incredible! One of the best stories I've read on Lit. Not my normal subject matter, but couldn't put it down. Well done, and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

God you're so much fun, it's really quite unfair. Urban fantasy now, huh. Well, for what it's worth: The supernatural suits you! It certainly helps that Annemarie is the ultimate librarian superhero, and that I know nothing of substance about occultism (nothing, at least, that is later than something like the 4th century CE), but either way: This story makes her and, by extension, you look fascinating in a way that I cannot help but find delightful. I mean, what a power fantasy - imagine being that much cooler than the slightly sexist professor emeritus of medieval history who has his secretary scribble "urgent" into the margins of every book request...

But I'm getting off track. Genuinely: I really, really should have gotten some work done, but I just had such a wonderful time with this one that all of that could wait another hour or so. Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish it for us! It's truly lovely :)

Rex0naRex0na6 months ago

this was great.

NellymcboatfaceNellymcboatface6 months ago

What a magnificent, wonderful story and beautifully told...

I sat on the edge of my chair too many times, my heart leapt and sank almost with every step and turn of Anne-Marie's story...

My heart was in my mouth at the end and I could hardly breathe.

Thank you for this fabulous story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sublime, remarkable writing talent proves itself again. And again and again. You are the most gifted purveyor of highly absorbing yarn.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I love your writing style but wasn't sure about this one.

Ii shouldn't have any worries it's marvellous and like all your stories a joy to read.

My only criticism and it is a minor one, proof reader needs a bit more help, I found the double words a bit irritating, it was if you were in a hurry to get the down before you forgot them.

I do love your work and come back to it time and time again.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent story. Head-and-shoulders above most stories on literotica. In the original Dracula from 1931 starring Bela Lugosi, Dracula makes the statement, "To be dead. To be REALLY dead. That must be glorious!" So, the remorse of the vampire has always been a part of its fascination. Your vampire maintains that appeal. Bravo!

AnonfirefighterAnonfirefighter6 months ago

I do love a good erotic vampire story. Wonderfully written as always. What I enjoyed with this story is that it is a story, your writing is never intended to just pull one’s pants down and dim the big light. You take your reader into the story.

Always look forward to seeing that you have published another story.

Look forward to the next work you publish morethanonehitwanda :)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Have you thought of publishing an anthology of your stories? I would buy a copy for sure.

SuicideClubSuicideClub5 months ago

A compelling mystery story plus a nice, hot, slow burn romance. Lovely.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I understand that you, as an author, are forced to develop creatively, create something new... But could you return to the genre of cozy, intimate, romantic stories for the last time? Where there are only two souls between whom love SLOWLY arises. Two souls who are attracted to each other, but they are not yet able to understand why. Two souls, where each has its own experiences and thoughts.

It just so happened that lately you have been devoting very little time to these feelings, the birth of love, mental anguish caused by an inexplicable attraction to another girl. This is your right as an author. But it would be great if you returned to the times of "Alexis", "Navigation" and the first 3-4 pages of "Jetsam" for the last time, before going to conquer new heights of stories.

Thank you.

Bluesea00Bluesea005 months ago

what a hell of a comment before mine. Do please write whatever you fee like!

Back on your story. I loved the main character a so innocent vampire, loved Sophie her brightness. And totally loved how the plot unfurls. It's your own way still even in a sci fi & thriller trademark.

But for you is far more demanding. How in your lovely slow an intimate style , ca you describe centuries of loneliness in a few pages??

Other good writers keep their characters a little more shallow and kick up the action.

But as I started.....write how you like. that's another 5 & Fav. to me.

Many thanks for sharing.

HordHolmHordHolm5 months ago

Well, now, I'm very proud of myself - I spotted him on page 5. Smug mode! And I loved it. The place felt like it stepped from the pages of M R James, and Annemarie is perfect, as is Sarah. I wonder how much she suspects, beyond the obvious 'I think my boss is gay' which is neither here nor there to her. Nana Eleni is heaps of fun, too. I can almost envisage this done as a Hammer Horror. Five stars, naturellement ;)

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger825 months ago

A new dream-like, poetic gem from the somewhat erroneously-named onehitwanda, who is anything but a one-hit wonder.

The story unfolded in a very natural and delightful way. It was presented as a Halloween story so supernatural was to be expected. A pain in the neck due to the naïveté of her youth suggested vampire; the metal container that quenched her hunger — where not a drop must be spilled — confirmed it. The early introduction of the would-be hunter showed what kind of a vampire story we were in for. I really liked the delightful character of Sarah, but as she was not one of the central characters — and with a menace hiding in the wings — her fate felt certain.

All in all a very entertaining murder mystery and love story, where — of course — blood is the answer to a vampire’s problems. Apart from the more mundane problems of love, friends and purpose, naturally.

I’ve often enjoyed musing on the idea of the thousand-year-old vampire and what such an existence must be like — assuming agency and conscience, of course; otherwise it would just be a terror. A centuries-long existence with good memory ought to be both a blessing and a curse; an ever-growing fount of knowledge would be a true treasure, but how does one compartmentalise and manage a vast and ever-expanding mind without starting to forget or going insane under the weight of all the memories and knowledge pressing down?

As always, a highly enjoyable and engaging tale. I can’t wait to read your next pearl of poetic prose.

P.S.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is amazing, I need a graphic novel out of this! This should be a graphic novel, maybe a movie.

Wonderful, as always.

Great thank you to the author.

fallwatcherfallwatcher5 months ago

Well done! However, it's now 1:30 a.m., so I'll be struggling through the day, damn you. Seriously, I am already looking forward to the next story you share with us.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy5 months ago

The Order Cross of Lorraine - This order will work overtime in the here & now to keep the number of diabolical creatures in check .... SciFi, this wonderful fantastic loving writing is closer to reality than fantasy ..... bloodsuckers exist in inexplicable quantities ..... so such an order would be urgently needed ..... I hope, Wanda, that there is another part of this saga here, that would honor the love of the two "Sophie & Annemarie" and above all Cole & Bligh action ..... dreamlike beautiful

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️🥰

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You've turned me into a vampire: I stay up all right reading whenever you release a new story, and can barely function in the sunshine of the next day. Then I invariably do it again a couple weeks later when the hunger to reread it strikes. Ah well. Worth it as always!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How come Annemarie has a scar that never healed despite being a vampire?

Ben_Jack5120Ben_Jack51205 months ago

this was my first time reading such kind of vampire/folklore thriller… and i loved it. now I am hooked.. such a wonderful tale you have written!!!

I am so in awe about how descriptively you write!! The imagery and also emotion. loved reading everything word & line.!!

Awesome. also thanks for teaching 2-3 curse words from different language. Lol

JusteenKJusteenK5 months ago

A tour de force, I hope this is the first of many adventures for these two wonderful characters.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds5 months ago

I’m not really a fan of the supernatural, so I can’t offer more than a 4 star. But then again, I aknowledge that it may be unfair since you should accept the point of genre. Maybe I’m ineligible to even have an opinion. Sorry about that.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon5 months ago

I love the characters that you've created in this story. I know that it's not your usual modus operandi, but this does feel that it could be the first in a series of supernatural adventures.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Recently found onehitwanda and was very impressed with the grasp of erotica over smut( I do enjoy smut also at times). Not typically a genre that I find very entertaining but this journey into fantasy had me 2 paragraphs in and held me throughout. Thank you for sharing you art with us.

ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn575 months ago

Oh, damn you by the old gods and the new, what did you just do to my soul? That was absolutely beautiful. I'm both crying and filled with hope and joy. Your voice, your words, your story, so beautifully woven into an incredible tapestry of love and eroticism.

Whatever comes next for Annemarie and Sophie, the Chevalier, and the Cross of Lorraine, I shall be there.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Your pen name does not work.SO GOOD

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I started out rolling my eyes. But, dang, you write well! You drew me in and bound me in your story. What a good story! I want to write like you. Please, adopt me. I’ll clean your toilets and wash your floors if I can just absorb your talent.

nogravynogravy4 months ago

Very, very high-end dialogue and captivating plot. What more could you ask for? Thanks for all the hard work. Five stars for moi!

ender2k2kender2k2k4 months ago

Thank you for the great story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damn! So, so good. There's a screenplay in there waiting to happen.

CoffeeNClovesCoffeeNCloves4 months ago

You weave such amazing stories!

The characters have so much depth and personality that it's impossible not to feel their sorrow or sadness, their intimacy and passion.

Thank you, so much, for sharing your talent with those of us that appreciate how wonderful your stories make us feel.

You are so gifted and I just wish there was more for us to enjoy.

RileyworksRileyworks4 months ago

Utterly brilliant, scholarly, beautiful, frightening, and satisfying. May the muse bless you with a long life. Thank you, Dohn.

Nightwish1977Nightwish19773 months ago

This was wonderful. Thank you so much for another delightful story

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan3 months ago

Yes, yes, YES! Here I was, minding my own business, going on my way, when I turned the corner and found THIS! This delightful, enchanting, FABULOUS gem.

Please, please, please, gift us more stories of Annemarie and Sophie and their exploits with the Chevaliers of Lorraine. Backstories of Nana, of Sophie learning of her powers, of DI Cole and her crossbow are out there, I’m sure of it.

“Thank you” is so woefully inadequate for such a treasure, but please accept it with all the awe I can offer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Goodness me! That was different, Wanda!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was the best of all of your stories, and I have read them all. They are all exceptionally good - you capture emotion so well, without being maudlin and you characters are all so interesting.

Please continue this last story with further adventures of Sophie and Annemarie!

texlootexloo2 months ago

I have a slight bone to pick with you. I understand zero French that is not already baked into American (USA) English. I have studied (but am not fluent in) Spanish, Biblical Hebrew, and American Sign Language, but French doesn't even sound familiar. My reading flow was interrupted because I kept stopping to plug French words into Google Translate. It is a minor quible, because I never read beyond a word that I don't know, until I have looked it up, so any good writer will cause sone stops. I am dyslexic, and I could not read at all until I was ten years old. Never once have I skipped a word, from the very first book I read.

I almost stopped when I realized it was likely a vampire tale. I love folklore and horror, but am sick to my bones of vampires, lycans, and zomies, oh my. Fortunately I kept reading, because you are a very good writer and this is a very good story and worth of give stars. Merveilleux.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraphabout 2 months ago

Tremendously imaginative. And persuasive. And quite terrifying.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...