The Lost One Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, release them."

The creatures did.

"That's a relief." said Grayson.

They approached Mallian and Drock.

"Where's Pristine?" Lance asked immediately.

"She's safe. Right now, we got to help protect this forest." said Mallian.

"Mallian's right. Let's go." ordered Ophealia.

The fire spread quickly. The mystical creatures were astonished when the humans started helping. But their efforts were done in vain as the fire surrounded them.

Meanwhile, Pristine and the woodland animals ran as fast as possible to find Pristine's friends.

"I must hurry. There's not much time left." Pristine thought.

She sensed Lance and knew he was near. Most of the time she avoided the fire, but at times she dodged falling, burning debris. Still she got a bit banged up whenever she fell down. She stopped at a wall of fire and knew immediately that Lance and the others were on the other side. She looked at the animals and told them she'll be back shortly. Taking a deep breath and holding the Stone of Water in her hand, she jumped through the fire. Miraculously, the fire didn't touch her thanks to the Stone of Water. She saw her friends and others scrambled to try and douse the fire. Pristine felt fear, chaos, and pain. Suddenly, memories of another time flashed into Pristine's mind and it became too much for her as she screamed in agony. This act caught everyone's attention as they all turned to see Pristine fell to her knees.

"Pristine!" Lance yelled.

He was about to go up to her, but was halted by Mallian.

"No! I will not allow this!" Pristine shouted before gathering herself.

To all of the mystical creatures' astonishment, Pristine took out the two stones as they started to glow as well as Pristine.

Holding up the Stone of Water, Pristine commanded, "Please, Stone of Water! Open the sky and let the healing rain wipe out this destruction!"

Suddenly, the sky darkened and rain began to fall, and eliminated the huge fire. Pristine took a deep breath. She needed to stay focus because healing was a consuming and draining ordeal.

Placing the Stone of Water down, she reached for the Stone of Fire and holding it up, she beckoned, "Stone of Fire, renew this enchanted place and bring back life to the forest!"

Wind blew through the area as the forest transformed into a lush and green utopia once more. Pristine managed to put the stones away before collapsing. Lance ran over to her and took her in his arms.

"Pristine? Are you all right?" he asked.

Pristine did not respond.

"Pristine? Pristine!! Wake up!! Please!" Lance begged.

Her face was stark white and she felt limp. For one second, Lance thought the worse. Pixie, who recovered from the shock, came up to Lance and placed her ear on Pristine's chest.

"She's alive." Pixie said, causing Lance to sigh in relief.

"Open her mouth please." Pixie ordered him.

Lances did. Pixie took out a pouch, which was strapped around her waist.

"I need some spring water." she asked to no one in particular.

"Isn't that hard to find though?" asked Grayson.

"It's no trouble." said a golden hair fairy before coming up next to Pixie as she knelt down.

The fairy handed Pixie a bottle of spring water that's strapped around her waist.

"Thanks, Marigold." Pixie thanked her before taking some powder from her pouch and placed it in the water.

She swirled it around and gave the mixture to Pristine, who slowly regained consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open and the first person she saw was Lance.

She smiled at him and asked, "Hi Lance. Is something wrong?"

Lance just shook his head, embraced Pristine, and whispered into her ear, "Pristine. I swear I don't know what I am going to do with you."

Pristine wrapped her arms around him. His embrace and scent began to have a profound effect on her.

Finally, she whispered, "Why do anything? Lance, you got to understand that I had to do it. I couldn't bare it if anything happened to you or anyone."

Lance knew she was right, but seeing her like this always left him helpless, and he hated feeling that way. Reluctantly, he loosened his hold on her. Pristine turned to Pixie, who's baffled by Lance's compassion. Having excellent hearing, she heard everything that the two said.

Pristine snapped Pixie out of her revelry when Pristine replied, "You. You're an elf, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. My name is Pixie. You must be Pristine."

"Indeed I am. How did you know that?"

"I heard lover boy here calling out your name." Pixie smirked at Pristine, causing her to blush.

Lance just grinned.

"We're you the one who gave me that remedy?"

"Yes, I was. It helps bring back physical and mental strength. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, I am. Thank-you very much."

"It is I and the other inhabitants of this forest who should be thankful. You saved our home, and for that we are eternally grateful."

Pixie and the other creatures bowed causing Pristine to become all modest and turn red. The woodland animals suddenly surrounded Pristine, Lance, and Pixie.

"Wow, it's rare that these creatures approach anyone. You are gifted to earn their trust so quickly." replied Pixie.

She turned to Pristine's friends and replied, "As for the rest of you humans, please accept our apology for being so rude. You have proven to be sincere. Now, if I may ask for your names, please."

Each of them introduced themselves. Lance helped Pristine get up. He kept a hand on her waist to keep her steady. The mystical creatures went back to their daily business. The only ones left were Pixie, Pristine, and her group.

"Now travelers; if my memory serves me right, you are searching for the unicorn princess right? I am assuming then you want to know where the Stone of Wood is right?" Pixie asked.

"Yes, please." nodded Pristine.

"Very well, follow me please."

Pixie led them through the woods.

"Pixie, we know about the forest dwellers relationship with the unicorns, but have you ever known any yourself?" Kyra asked.

Pixie looked at the human girl and decided that it's all right to tell her a little bit about herself.

"Indeed I did. In fact, one of the duchesses from the princess's court was my best friend."

"Really? Did you get the chance to meet the princess then?"

"Yes I did on numerous occasions, and no, I am not going tell you anymore."

Kyra sighed and wondered why no one would tell them about the princess. But not wanting to press her luck, Kyra remained silent.

"Pixie? We know what the other two stones' powers are, but what about the Stone of Wood?" asked Ophealia.

"The Stone of Wood has the power of sanctuary. In other words, it protects others from physical, emotional, and mental attacks. And it controls earth elements. All three stones have elemental powers."

"Um, why isn't there a Stone of Air by any chance?" asked Grayson.

"Well, Drackor didn't have enough time to place a fourth Shield up around one more area. Zeather beat him to it. Since he only had three sanctuaries, he could only split the Crystal of Life three ways. So in each stone he placed a little bit of Air's power." Mallian replied.

"Do you know where the fourth Shield would have been placed?" asked Kyra.

"Most likely the mountain range near the Unicorn realm; they're called the Mountains of Eternity." guessed Pixie.

As they walked through the woods, they came across many of nature's treasures for there were waterfalls and exotic flowers. Soon they came to a clearing and in the center was a huge tree that looked like it's twisted all around and inside out. Pristine felt the power coming from the tree.

"All right, this is it. Pristine, since you are the only one who can use the stones, you are the only one who can enter the Tree of Spirits. This test isn't as physically dangerous, but it's is the most perilous and hardest of the three tests. Inside are the spirits of this world. They were once peaceful, but since the Invasion they have become chaotic. Only one has remained peaceful and she'll need your help in calming the others down. If you calm all of them down, the stone is yours. Please be careful okay for this is not an easy task. Oh! One more thing, you must leave all your weapons and stones behind." explained Pixie.

"All right." Pristine agreed before taking off her weapons.

She took the bag filled with the other two stones and handed it to Lance.

"Please, watch them for me."

"I will." Lance answered before placing a hand on her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good-luck." he told her.

Pristine's face was flushed, but she said, "Thank-you."

Pristine went through the entrance. As she entered, she sensed the chaos around her, even though she didn't see anything initially. Pristine noticed a circle in the center, went over to it, and sat inside it. She innately knew what to do. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on trying to contact with the peaceful spirit with her own soul. It seemed like ages, but she finally contacted the one.

"I've been waiting for you", the spirit replied.

She had a willowy figure and had green garments on that shimmer and had light green hair.

"You are the Spirit of Wood aren't you? Why have you been waiting for me?" Pristine's spirit asked.

"Because I have been trying to calm down the other spirits and have had no success. Only you can calm them down and bring balance back between them." the Wood spirit replied.

"But why me though? What sets me apart from everyone else?"

"You must find the answer for yourself. Right now open your soul and let us combine our powers to settle this feud."

Pristine nodded. The test or tests were just as hard as Pixie said. Pristine's soul was at risk for she had to use a great deal of mental power to settle down each spirit. Pristine and the Wood spirit managed to settle down the minor elemental spirits first like lightning, ice, and metal, than they went onto the primary elements of wind, fire, and water. The hardest were yet to come for Pristine began to waver. She stayed strong though for she had to bring peace between the spirits of light and dark. Light was dying, as well as the Dark. The light was fading for the lack of power and the dark was dying for it was corrupted with too much of it. Pristine managed to solve this problem by becoming a median between the two. Since both light and dark were intertwined, Pristine got Dark to convert its power to Light. It was Pristine's job to convert the flow though for too much would kill the light. She did it though, but her soul was weakened to its limits. Her spirit would have vanished, but because she was able to restore the harmony of the spirits, each gave Pristine a piece of their power to revive her spirit.

Before Pristine awoke, she remembered them saying, "Be at peace Pristine, for you will soon find your path."

When Pristine opened her eyes, she found herself in a different place where green walls surrounded her. In front of her was an emerald green stone. It had to be the Stone of Wood. Standing up, Pristine walked over to it and picked up the green stone. Green light filled the area. When it died down, Pristine looked around and found herself in a grand ballroom. The lights were out, but moonlight filtered through the large windows. And there dancing in the moonlight was a little girl in a white nightgown. The girl appeared to be five years old and she held a serene look on her face. Pristine recognized her as the princess. The girl suddenly stopped when she heard someone.

"Sweet heart, what are you doing up this late?" asked a lady wearing a white shawl and nightgown.

Pristine recognized her as Queen Loreanna.

"I am dancing with the spirits mommy." replied the child.

"What spirits?" Loreanna asked with a smile on her face.

It was then Pristine saw little lights flying about the room. She guessed that the queen couldn't see them, which she found odd.

"Oh, wood, water, air, fire, everything."

"Ah, well why don't you dance your way up to bed then?"

"Will you dance with me?"

Loreanna couldn't resist.

"All right, come here."

The small princess ran over to her mom, and the mother picked her up as they danced through the double doors.

For a moment, Pristine thought, "I remember that. Could it possibly mean . . . No it couldn't."

The next thing Pristine realized was that she's back in the room where she got the stone.

"Well done, Pristine." said a voice.

Pristine turned to see King Elios and Queen Loreanna.

"You have done well, my dear. Now you're ready to receive your fourth and final sign. You are to go to the edge of the forest where you'll find a huge tree. The tree has a passage that leads out of the forest and back to the Valley of Mists." instructed Loreanna.

"All right." Pristine replied.

"Now here's the hard part. There will be a lake nearby. You are to wait until our two moons come out. When both of their reflections reach the center, a platform and bridge to the shore will appear. You must hurry for the portal on the platform will open up for a few minutes. This magical portal will lead you to what use to be where the unicorns roamed. The first building to your right will be the Temple of Corlana. That is where you need to go for it's one of the few structures standing." explained Elios.

"Thank-you for everything. Now how do I get back?"

"Here's a passageway." pointed Loreanna.

"Again thank you so much for everything." Pristine bowed before running through the passage.

After she was gone, Loreanna said, "She's heading into more danger my love. The portal is just outside the protection barrier."

"Yes, but she'll make it. She has friends as well as that young man."

"He's good for her. She doesn't realize how much he loves her."

"I don't think he even realizes it himself either. Our daughter doesn't realize she holds the same feelings deep inside of her or that they are destined for each other."

"She will soon. Very soon." Loreanna grinned.

The two vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, everyone else was waiting for Pristine to return. It actually did take awhile for they had been waiting close to five hours and the sun was beginning to set.

"Wow, I didn't think that the test would take this long." said Lance as he paced back and forth.

"The test is supposed to be long. It's so difficult, that Drackor would have trouble with it." replied Pixie.

"Well, that certainly helps my nerves." grumbled Lance for he's beginning to worry.

Pixie just grinned. Being the elf she was, she sometimes loved to torment others, especially humans.

"Hey! There she is!" pointed Kyra.

Everyone turned to see Pristine coming out from the tree.

"Hello everyone. Sorry it took so long." Pristine replied as she came up.

This didn't stop Lance from embracing her though.

"I am just glad you are okay." he whispered.

Pristine blushed and said, "Thanks."

Lance pulled back so everyone else could come up to her.

"Pristine! Did you get it?" asked Kyra.

"Yes, I did. Lance? Do you still have my things?" asked Pristine as she let the others see the stone.

"Yes, I do. They're right here." Lance answered before giving Pristine's supplies to her.

Pristine placed the Stone of Wood away before putting on her other gear.

"Pristine? Did you receive the final sign?" asked Kyra.

"Yes. Pixie, I was told to go to a huge tree near the edge of the forest. Do you know where it is?"

"Yes, I do. And oh, I was wondering if I could join you."

"Oh course you can."

"Thank-you. Let me get my things and we'll get on our way."

It took awhile for not only did Pixie get her things together but they restocked on supplies for up to two months. Pristine said that she had a feeling it would be awhile before they found another place to restock at. Soon all the mystical creatures and woodland animals of the forest gathered around the large tree to see them off. The leaders gave Pixie a hug and wished them the best.

"We will pray for your safe return, Pixie. Please find the princess soon." said Marigold.

The others nodded as well as Pixie.

"I will return." Pixie said.

They all waved as the group went up to the tree and Pixie pressed a knot on it. A passageway opened up.

"All right! Let's get going!" Kyra shouted enthusiastically.

"Crystal of Life! Here we come!" shouted Ophealia as they entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Pixie is one of my favorite characters for while she's still pretty young for an elf, she's seen too much to act like a young elf. So while I did want to portray her as mature, I still want to remind my readers that she's still young. The next chapter will be short but it helps set up the chapter after that, which is another long one.

12