The Lyft

Story Info
Wife takes a ride home while husband is long-distance.
5.8k words
3.97
46.3k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Lyft

Mrs. S Hartford

Darren was exhausted and elated. He had a textbook understanding of what he had gotten himself into that day. But, the reality of hiking up 4000 feet over 3 miles of snow packed trail provided a lesson he could feel in his body. Driving the winding canyons back to the resort, he idly wondered how these intense physical experiences always gave him a different understanding of who he was, and where he fit in the world.

"Sorry. I'm running on," he grinned at the other guys. "As you can tell, I'm pretty amped after that." He took another long pull from one of the many West Coast IPAs they had stocked away at the beginning of the trip. "Ok. Just one more. Promise. Here's me at the top," he laughed holding the phone out for the rest to see.

"Right on, man! You're killing it out here," his friend Mark intoned with his characteristically supportive but flat affect.

"Nice dude!" Tim drawled. Tim was forever going to be from Southern California. He hadn't lived there in almost 20 years, yet three extra syllables still stowed away in his every expression, just waiting to hop off and join the rest of us in the Midwest.

"Yeah, I wanted to hike while we were out here, and that was the real deal. I actually thought I was going to do another trail in the morning, but hell no. For now I'm going down to the hot tub to soak while I slowly get a little drunk and think about the driving tour I'll do instead." Darren finished his beer in one gulp and turned toward his bedroom suite.

"Right on man. Dinner will be ready in about an hour. No big deal though. Tacos stay good all night."

"Cool, thanks. I'll be back in a bit,"

This was the second time that Darren had gone on this trip to the mountains with his friends. The others had been doing it for years and they had a fairly tight routine, ski, soak, drink, rinse, repeat. He still couldn't really get the hang of the skiing, but fully intended to indulge in all the rest. He poured a characteristically strong cocktail into a tall paper cup and gingerly walked to the elevator resisting the urge outright limp. Luckily it was a very short trip, and the glass walls enclosing the spa facilities offered views of the mountainside that made some simple aches easy to forget.

The spa was almost always empty this late in the season, and so were the slopes. It's one of the reasons his friends liked coming out for this particular week each year. Darren was a little disappointed and then a little bit intrigued when he found he wasn't the only one late to the after-ski soak, disappointed because she had taken the spot next to the strongest jet in the room-sized tub, intrigued because, like so many skiers, her toned body seemed to glow with an energy that matched the wild mountain range outside.

Darren pulled his shirt over his head and slid off his flip-flops. He felt himself moving hesitantly.

"Hey, will you hit the button again while you're up? It's just about to run out and this leg is killing me." He could hear her smile and a kind of carefree confidence in her voice without even looking. But, he couldn't resist.

"Sure," he called over his shoulder noticing that she had her back turned to him and was intently massaging the length of her leg against the bubbling jet.

He grabbed a towel from the rack and tossed it toward where he'd left his room key and shirt. Slowly he eased into the steaming water and took up position in a rounded corner where two forceful jets intersected. He felt the knots in this legs and the grip on his shoulders begin to loosen. He took a long drink from the cup he had set to the side, rum and some kind of fruit punch that Tim had insisted on buying. He was glad for it. The heat of the roiling water, the tropical zing in his drink, and the purple glow of the sunset on the snow-covered slopes combined a new and exciting mix of sensations.

Darren casually looked around the large tiled room letting his gaze linger on his companion's back. He traced the swirls of her dark hair across her shoulders, the tips wet from just grazing the water. He felt a slight stirring as he watched her strong hands kneading into her calf and working her way up to her thigh. He began working on this own aching muscles, pushing his shoulders hard against the forceful jets of water. His mind drifted into possibilities.

"So, you ski Chico Pass today?" He barely registered the question through the panic he felt at having been caught in his own thoughts.

"Uh, no." he managed pretending to be fascinated by one of the high peaks outside. "I hiked up to Jackson Summit over in the Western range. Truth be told, I'm not really a skier. I just came out with my buddies to get away and climb around in the rocks some."

"Ah, gotcha. Where are you getting away from then?"

"Detroit."

"No kidding. I'm a midwesterner too. Columbus, Ohio."

"Ah, right on. I always say Detroit because people know the city. I'm actually from Monroe, MI. It's a small city South of the D," Darren explained mostly just to have something more to say. "Do you come out here often?" He cringed at the sound of this cheesy pick up line. It's not what he meant. She seemed to understand and smoothed over his momentary fluster with a smile.

"Well, these are timeshares!" she laughed. "But, no. We traded for this week's slot. This is our first time here. It's nice, but it's a ghost town," she exclaimed looking around the empty room for emphasis.

They both sunk into a comfortable silence. Darren took another drink from his rum concoction. He noticed the steaming hot water and strong drink were taking effect. The woman at the other end of the tub had turned her attention back to massaging her legs. He watched. He didn't stare. That would be rude. But, he didn't try to hide his interest either. He just, lingered.

She had shifted, offering Darren her full profile rather than her back. Slowly she raised one leg out of the water, stretching and pointing her toes toward the ceiling, then the other. A delicate sliver anklet slid midway up her toned calf. The movement caught his eye, and he paused for a moment trying to make out the word-shaped pendent. Her lips pursed into a playful smirk as she sank her leg back into the water and moved to adjust the piece of jewelry.

Darren looked back to his drink. "Alright, finish this and then back to the room," he thought. "Dinner, cheesy action movie, pass out. That's what I'm doing tonight."

~^~

"Hey, I'm back," Darren called out through a slight shiver as the warmth of the spa began to drain from his body. "I'm showering. Be out in a few."

"Hey," Tim called back from the front room. "Tacos are ready. We left the stuff out. Help yourself."

Darren eased out of his wet swimsuit, hung it on the door, and carefully stepped into the shower. His body was going to hate him in the morning. He stretched his back under the pulsing shower head, hot water and soap bubbles streaming from his body. His thoughts returned to the scene downstairs. What the hell was that about? What was that anklet? And what about that smirk? He felt a rush and swelling, but wasn't going to scratch that itch with his friends in the next room. He gave himself a firm, almost painful, squeeze and held it for a moment before slowly letting go and turning off the tap.

Finally dressed and relaxed, Darren emerged from his temporary bedroom to join the others. "Seriously? This movie?!" he teased as he walked in front of the tv.

"Dude, it's a classic. And, you can't argue with a classic."

"Classic what? Classic summer comedy circa 1993?" Mark said mocking Tim's critical evaluation.

"Haha, 1991. Thank you very much!"

"This looks great," Darren said as he began assembling plate for himself. "Thanks for cooking."

"No problem. We had thought about drafting you to do all the cooking, but figured we give you a break this time," Tim laughed.

"Yeah dude, he does all the cooking at home. Give the guy a break out here," Mark cut in. "What is Melissa doing for food all week while you're gone anyway?"

Darren laughed. "Yeah, I worried about that before I left. She assured me she had a solid plan. I think it's several rounds of Chinese food, pizza, and the Bistro."

"Perfect. Is she doing the Bistro tonight?"

"Yeah, it's Friday. I think she's there with a couple coworkers. I haven't had a chance to text yet. Pretty sure that was the plan though. You know, typical Friday in Monroe."

Darren devoured his meal and two more strong beers like he hadn't seen such comforts in months. Satisfied and getting sleepy, he grabbed his phone to to check in with Melissa.

"Whatcha up to?" He knew she was still at the Bistro. The "find my friends" app told him that much. He pictured her sitting at the crowded bar laughing with her girlfriends. She was probably still wearing her work clothes, maybe that smart black skirt that seems to hug her curves perfectly. Lately she's been pairing this with a fitted white blouse and silver pumps. She had a crisply elegant look in the day. After work, she often liked to undo one extra button at the top of her blouse. He could see her leaning into the conversation, her long silver necklaces resting gracefully across the top of her partially exposed breast, drawing attention down her generous cleavage. She knew exactly how subtle changes like that could rewrite the meaning of an outfit in an instant.

Darren felt a flush of arousal as he imagined this scene. His beautiful Melissa, crossed legs bared to her mid-thigh, her right shoe delicately suspended from her pedicured toes. She's sipping a cocktail, glancing occasionally across the bar, and idly touching the silver pendent at her breast.

He glanced back to his phone. No response. The Bistro is always loud on a Friday night. It's hard enough to hear the people sitting next to you, much less a text alert. "She'll see it," he thought as he turned back to the movie.

Tim sat up straight on the couch with the anticipation of an adolescent watching late-night Cinemax while his parents were out. It was almost time for the climactic one-liner he and his friends all shared as an inside joke.

"I. AM. AN. F. B. I. AGENT," Keanu emoted into the camera.

"Yes!" Tim cheered. "So good. So worth the wait."

Darren's phone buzzed twice in his pocket. "There she is," he said to himself.

"Hey, I'm just leaving the Bistro. Stayed way longer than I planned. I'm getting a Lyft. Probably shouldn't drive. I'll call ya when I get home. Love you!"

Darren smiled at the "oops face" emoji and two hearts that followed Melissa's message. She was fine. He was happy. He would stay up long enough to say goodnight, then he was going to crash.

~^~

Melissa and her two friends got to the Bistro just as things were really beginning to pick up. The afterwork crowd usually wasted little time kicking things off on a Friday evening. Thankfully she had the luxury of an early day most Fridays. There were still three spots together at the bar, and by some luck they were spots that rounded the corner. Melissa took the one facing right while the other two took the seats facing her from the left. They ordered their first round and dove into the week's workplace gossip.

The room grew more crowed as they talked. Melissa and Darren were regulars, so she recognized many in the noisy crowd. She waved to Cheryl, one of the county judges. She gave a welcoming hug to Curtis, her favorite among the wait staff.

Others were clearly not local. The Bistro had garnered a reputation as an innovative small-town destination among the more adventurous dinners of neighboring Detroit. Melissa guessed that about half the crowd around the room was there from the city.

Her survey of the room came to rest on four guys sitting around a table by the corner windows. They were smiling and clinking glasses together with almost every drink. From where she sat, this table was just over her friend Sarah's left shoulder. She liked Sarah just fine. But, alternating her focus between Sarah's unending list of pretty grievances with life and a table full of attractive, laughing men developed into an interesting game for the evening.

Melissa guessed that even the oldest among the four was still a good deal younger than her, but not indecently so. Each of them clearly thought about his appearance. She and Darren had moved to Monroe almost nine years earlier and she still couldn't understand why so many of the men in this small town just didn't care to look nice on a night out. She caught herself beginning to speculate and laughed at her own barroom psychology.

Another part of her couldn't help but to notice their raw physical presence. And, she liked how each had his own version of upscale casual. Two wore neatly trimmed beards. One wore trendy, red-framed glasses and had a bright tattoo just visible above his open collar. The last, her favorite, was facing her from across the room. She loved how his easy smile and bright eyes seemed to draw the attention of the entire room. They certainly drew her attention.

At some point her other friend, Jessica, must have followed Melissa's line of sight. Always the quite one of the group, Jessica smiled into her drink as she jabbed Melissa's leg under the bar top. Mellisa snapped back to their conversation. But, it wasn't long before her eyes and her thoughts wondered back across the room.

"Are you sure you two don't want to stay?" The three were slowly picking over the last bit of appetizers they had ordered and devoured. Melissa's friends were clearly ready to go, but she didn't want to call it a night yet. After all, she didn't have anyone waiting at home and she absolutely loved late nights when she could get them. "You guys could stay over. We could put some records on. Dance Party!" she suggested.

"No, I didn't bring any clothes and Dan is expecting me" Jessica offered with a note of regret in her voice.

"Yeah. Ugg. Chad and I are supposed to have breakfast with his parents tomorrow" Sarah announced to no one in particular.

Jessica stood to put on her jacket. She leaned into Melissa resting her hand lightly on Melissa hip. "You need a ride home?"

Melissa pressed her face against her friend's. "Nah. I'm not tired," she whispered. I'll stay for one more then get a Lyft home."

"Alright, be good," Jessica said with a glance toward the table in the corner. "Have a great weekend. See ya Monday."

Melissa said goodbye to her friends and ordered one last rye manhattan. Just as the bartender was sliding the fresh drink toward her, she felt someone sliding into the empty barstool beside her. She picked up her drink and glanced over to acknowledge the newcomer. She froze with her glass halfway to her parted lips. It was the guy from the corner table. Her favorite, flashing her that brilliant smile.

"Please, by all means. Cheers!" he said with a playful wink and a gesture toward Melissa's cocktail. "I noticed you and noticed that your friends left. I thought now was my chance to come say hello."

Melissa sipped slowly from her rocks glass, thankful for the moment to recover her wits. She wasn't one to normally startle, but this startling younger man was clearly sitting next to her for a reason.

"Well, I noticed you too. And hello," she purred coyly. "You guys celebrating something tonight?"

"Just business. Nothing interesting. Truth is you saved my entire evening."

"Oh? How's that?" she challenged looking directly into his eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" He leaned into her, his hand sliding along the bar until it came to rest on her forearm The confident warmth of his movements sent electric tingles rippling across her skin. "I haven't heard one word those guys have said since I saw you checking me out," his hush whisper dancing softly across her cheek.

"Me checking you out?" she asked incredulously, inching closer to his ear. "I've felt your eyes on my body all night."

"Well then, I guess were both guilty," he smiled.

"Funny. I don't feel guilty," she teased pulling back to meet his gaze again.

"Listen, these guys are about to leave and I have to go with them. I have a 6am flight home in the morning."

"Well that's too bad. I was just about to let you in on a little secret." Melissa shift rocked slightly in her seat and let her eyes fall down his chest and across his lap.

"And what would that be?"

"Nope. Maybe next time," she said returning her gaze to his.

He moved a hand to her thigh, his fingers resting gently on the hem of her short skirt. "I will look forward to it. Here. Here's my number. If you happen to be in New Orleans and want to unburned yourself of any secrets, I hope you'll call," he said slipping a card into her hand. "To next time" he toasted, draining the last of his glass.

"Until next time," Melissa returned.

Desire ached through her body as heat soaked her center. Damnit, she thought, watching his broad shoulders and strong back as he walked toward the door. She turned over the card in her hand.

Bennett Brokerage Group

Luxury Real Estate

Jordon Bennett, Chief Executive

2340 Dauphine st.

(504) 944-3605

"Another?" The bartender grinned at her obvious frustration.

"No, I gotta get home and sort this out. Thanks. I'll take the check."

She dug her phone out of her purse and stared into the screen. "Shit. I missed a text from Darren," she said under her breath. "What are you up too," she read. "What am I up to?" she laughed as she typed her reply.

"Hey, I'm just leaving the Bistro. Stayed way longer than I planned. I'm getting a Lyft. Probably shouldn't drive. I'll call ya when I get home. Love you!" She added an embarrassed emoji and a couple of hearts for good measure.

~^~

Melissa waited outside for her ride. The cool night air was helping to ease her back from the rush of sexual energy Jordon had aroused in her. She flushed a little thinking about the secret she had almost revealed to him. The trill of sliding her panties off in the car before she went into the Bistro had stayed with her all night. It was almost unbearable with his hand so near to the pulsing wet heat he had inspired between her legs. She could still feel the soft brush of his breath across her neck. "God damn," she muttered. "Where's the car? If this keeps up, I'm going to cum before I get home." She smiled at the thought.

She checked her phone for her Lyft. The app told her that Benton would be arriving in his black Acura any minute. When the car pulled up, she slid into the backseat careful not to let her skirt slide too high up her thighs.

"How's it going?" he asked warmly as he adjusted the rear view mirror slightly.

She met his eyes in the mirror. "Good. It's been an interesting night," she smiled. "You been busy?"

"Yeah, it was a pretty good evening." Benton turned to face Melissa in the back seat. You're my last tonight though. After ten it's just not worth it."

Melissa blinked in wonder. It's true she had gotten horny as hell flirting with strange men at the bar, wearing no panties. But, she thought it was also objectively true that this driver was fucking hot. Where the hell are all these attractive men coming from tonight, she wondered.

Benton slid the car into gear and glanced into the mirror again. Melissa followed his eyes to her bare legs. As she settled into the seat, the hem of her shirt had ridden up a little further than she had intended. She didn't move to adjust it though. Instead she looked back to the mirror and shot a quick wink. If he was interested in a little show on the road, then she would gladly play her part. She eased a little further into the seat and let her legs relax and spread. She stopped when she felt the cool air on her lips and the soft leather pressing against her skin.

Benton checked in as much as he could from the rear view mirror. She liked watching him take in her body with his eyes. He was honest enough to look, but polite enough not to draw attention to his growing excitement.

12