The Magic in Your Touch Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wavyscribe
wavyscribe
1,090 Followers

“That’s why he took it so well when I told him I was sure I was gay. He already knew because he had my psych files. At least Mother wasn’t in on it, too.”

Phillip nodded. “As far as I can tell, Leda is fine with you being gay.”

Brandon said, “So, what’s Calder’s plan concerning Nate? To come up here and pretend to accept our relationship? I got that, but to what end?”

Phillip shook his head. “That I couldn’t tell you. Calder gives me just as much information as I need to do my job, but we aren’t exactly pals.” He leaned back a little. “So, what’s the deal here? Are you charging me with fraud or am I free to go?”

Brandon inclined his head. “That’s up to Seth.”

“When’s your baby due?”

Seth’s question caught him off guard. “April. We hope to find out the sex pretty soon.”

“You gonna marry that girl?”

“That’s why I took your father up on his offer. I’m not really a prick, you know. That’s just part of the act. Shelby, my girlfriend, and I wanted to get married right before Thanksgiving. We were going to use that money to buy a small house. One without wheels. Not that I deserve it, after what I’ve done to you.”

Seth was quiet for a few minutes. Then he did something that surprised the hell out of Brandon. He smiled.

“I’ll drop the charges on one condition.”

“I’m listening. It’s not like I have a whole lot of bargaining room.”

Seth pulled a checkbook out of his pocket. “This account draws directly from the trust my grandmother left me. My father has no control over this money. It’s mine, free and clear. Two-hundred-thousand of it is yours if you agree to use your phenomenal acting skills to help me turn the tables on my father.”

Brandon whistled. “Can you afford that?”

“You really have no idea how much money our grandmother left us, do you? Nate said you didn’t want anything to do with it, but I thought you at least knew how much we each started out with.”

“No, and I don’t want to know. Nate can leave it all to the kids after they come along. Until then, if anything happens to him, it all goes to Amy so she can continue to help patients who can’t afford to pay. Even after we sign over power of attorney to each other, that won’t change.”

Phillip broke in. “I appreciate the gesture, Seth, but I owe you. I’ll do it for free just to thank you for not pressing charges.”

“No. I’m definitely going to pay you. If you can pull this off, it’ll be worth every penny.”

* * *

Brandon walked into his office and found just what he expected, a furious Calder Morris. So much the better.

“You’ve kept me waiting long enough, Nash. I want to see my son, and I want to see him now.” Seth walked in behind Brandon, his fingers tightly laced with Phillip’s. “I’m right here, Dad. I’m alright, but we need to talk. Phillip told me why you hired him.”

Calder flushed and started to stammer, but Seth cut him off. “It’s okay, Dad. There’s no need to make excuses. Phillip and I have talked through all of it, and we’ve decided it doesn’t matter. I love him enough to forgive him. And how can I be mad at you for your interference when your meddling brought us together in the first place?”

Calder looked at their entwined hands much like one would look at a freeway accident. It was as if he knew he shouldn’t look, but he couldn’t stop himself. “What the hell are you talking about?”

Phillip put his arm around Seth’s shoulders. “Let me tell him, babe. Over the past few months, I’ve come to care deeply for Seth, Mr. Morris. I’m not sure exactly when it became love, but after Seth was arrested today, I realized how empty my life would be without him. I’m giving you back your money, sir. Seth and I are going to build a life together.”

“For God’s sake, Patterson, you’re straight! Your girlfriend is pregnant.”

Seth said, “We know, Dad, and we regret hurting Shelby, but we both believe that she’ll be far more hurt if Phillip marries her when he’s in love with someone else. We hope that she’ll share joint custody of the baby with us. You know how much I love children.” He gave Phillip a lingering look before Phillip gathered him in his arms and stuck his tongue down Seth’s throat in a kiss so passionate, Brandon even blushed.

Bran was enjoying Calder’s suffering, but it was time to move on to phase two. Like clockwork, Sam came in and cleared his throat, breaking the pair apart. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but Seth needs to be processed out before he can leave.”

Seth gave Phillip one more peck on the lips and said, “I’ll be right back, sweetheart. Maybe you can fill Dad in on our plans while I’m gone. He’s been so excited about Nate’s wedding, I know he can’t wait to start planning ours.” He left, but not before giving Phillip’s ass a hefty squeeze for good measure.

Bran sat down behind his desk and motioned for Calder and Phillip to have a seat as well. “Kick back, guys. He’ll be finished and free to go any minute now. Phillip, I believe you were about to tell us about your future plans.”

“Well, I have one more year of school left before I earn my bachelor’s degree. Seth and I thought we might go out to California so I can audition, go to casting calls, that kind of thing. Of course, it all depends on how open Shelby is about custody. Either way, we hope to be married before Christmas.”

Calder didn’t have a chance to comment before Seth came back in. “I’m ready to go if you are.”

Phillip got up, but Calder said, “You go on ahead, son. I want a word alone with Brandon.”

Seth nodded. “Okay, Dad. Phillip and I could use a little time alone, anyway. Now that the pretense has been dropped, I don’t see any reason why we can’t take our relationship to the next level, do you, babe?”

Phillip’s grin was that of a man who was two seconds away from scoring. “I thought you’d never ask.” They left holding hands. Calder waited until they were out of sight and then got up and closed the door.

“Alright, Nash. I’m ready to talk price.”

Bran propped his feet on the desk. “Mr. Morris, I know how excited you are about the wedding, but I have more than enough in savings for us to have the type of ceremony we want. There’s no need for you to chip in.”

Calder slammed his hand down on the desk, causing Brandon to move his feet. Calder said, “Dammit, that’s not what I’m talking about and you know it. I want to know how much it’ll cost me to get you out of Nathan’s life.”

“I’m not sure I understand, sir.”

“Don’t play me, Nash. You’re too damn smart to play the part of a moron. I want you to name a figure.”

Bran nodded. “And if I do?”

“Then you agree to drop Nathan like hot lead. The more you hurt him, the better.”

Brandon’s stomach turned, but he forced his face not to show it. “If the price is right, I’ll do it. But why should I make it more painful than necessary?”

“You want all the cards on the table, huh? Alright, then, I’ll tell you. After what Landon did to him, having the first man he’s dated since then drop him on his ass ought to turn him off men for life.”

“How did you know I was the first man Nate has dated since Landon?”

“The private investigator I’ve had keeping track of him for the last six years told me.”

“So, just like with Seth, you think Nate will stop being gay if he gets his heart broken again.”

Calder snorted. “There’s a big difference between Nathan and Seth. Seth is strong, but he’s a little confused right now. Nathan has always been weak, spineless. Just look at his choice of professions. Hell, he gives a good portion of money each year to help those worthless indigents who can’t even pay their own medical bills. When the little pansy told us he was gay, I wasn’t surprised. In fact, I’d known for some time. No way in hell was I going to let him corrupt Seth.” Brandon had never wanted to hit a man so badly in his life. He knew he had no choice but to tamp it down and finish this, but his knuckles were straining for release. “You heard about Nate’s attack from your investigator, not from one of your store managers.”

“That’s right. Malcolm Davis’s son does work for me, but he didn’t say a word about the attack, not to me anyway. He did tell Seth, but I found out from my investigator first. If you ask me, the only shame is that the guy didn’t hit Nathan a little harder.”

Visions of Calder Morris clutching a broken nose tempted Brandon’s restraint. “If you hate him so much, why hire an investigator to keep track of him?”

Calder shook his head. “You just don’t get it, do you? Seth has always adored Nathan, looked up to him. He’s the reason Seth wants to be queer in the first place. I knew it was just a matter of time before Seth tried to contact Nathan. When he started seeing that campus witch doctor who convinced him it was alright to be a fag, I knew his next logical step was to come up here and beg that lowlife butt-fucker for forgiveness. No, my only hope for Seth is to convince Nathan not to be queer anymore. Once you dump him, we’ll take him home with us and convince him to see that same psychiatrist who helped Seth the first time. Seth will go back to see her if Nathan does, and I’ll have a normal family again.”

“What about Phillip?”

Calder’s smile was nauseating. “Patterson? Hell, he’s already proven he can be bought. I’ll just have to up the price, that’s all.”

Brandon nodded. “So, you’re the one behind the attack on Nate? You hired someone to trash his place and cut his break lines?”

“No, all that was just a happy coincidence.” Calder looked almost disappointed. “Wish I’d thought of it, though. When Leda and I got that call from Patterson saying Nathan had nearly bleed to death, all I could think was, ‘Why the hell didn’t it take them a little longer to pull him out of that car?’ No, I’d gladly do away with the little fairy, but he simply isn’t worth risking a murder charge.” Calder pulled a cell phone from his pocket. “Now that we’re clear on things, tell me how much you want. I’ll make a call to my accountant and have the whole thing set up.”

“Interesting choice of words, Calder, seeing as how that’s exactly what this is, a set up.”

Calder looked up to see his wife standing in the now open office door. “Leda, what in God’s name are you talking about?”

“Save it, Calder. Next time you decide to make a grand confession, have sense enough to make certain the intercom isn’t on. We heard the whole sordid thing. In fact, Brandon was kind enough to have his deputies make a tape of it for us. I’m sure my divorce attorney will find it most helpful.”

“It’s entrapment to tape a man without his knowledge. My lawyer will never allow it. I’ll sue this whole damn department.”

Brandon said, “Obviously, you didn’t read the many signs posted throughout the office.” He pointed to one on the bulletin board above the desk. “All communications in this office with the exception of those that fall under attorney/client privilege may be monitored and/or documented.” Brandon read it word for word, pleased at Calder’s rapidly falling countenance. “As it is, I have enough to book you on assault charges while I work to make a murder charge stick.”

“Are you talking about the attempts on Nathan? I told you, I had nothing to do with that.”

Brandon stood up and came around to the front of the desk. “Like your word means anything. Any man capable of wishing his own son dead is capable of murder, in my opinion. Calder Morris, you’re under arrest for the assault and attempted murder of Nathan Morris and Marjorie Newman.”

As Brandon read Calder his rights and cuffed him, Calder’s denials grew more frantic. “I’m telling you, I had nothing to do with it. That little fag probably tried to fuck the wrong man and got what he deserved. Damned perverts. The whole lot of you is headed straight for hell.”

Leda shook her head in disgust. “No one is more deserving of hell than a father who can say what you just said about his own son. Who knows, maybe I deserve to burn as much as you do. After all, I allowed your sick prejudices to keep me away from my boy for six years. I’ve also allowed you to beat me down and abuse me for almost thirty years. My only comfort is that Nathan didn’t hear the vile things you just said.”

“Actually, Mother, I did.” Nate stepped away from Sam’s desk where he’d been sitting and listening over the intercom. He was wobbling and shaking, but his voice was clear and strong. Brandon rushed to his side and put his arm around his waist. As Nate leaned into him, Brandon was overpowered with worry as he felt the extent of Nate’s weakness.

“How the hell did you get down here, Nate? You’re supposed to be at home, resting.”

Keith came in, his face flushed and his lungs working for breath. “I’ll tell you how he got here. When Seth called and told Leda the plan to gaslight Calder, Nate was listening on the upstairs extension. Mom had to do some grocery shopping, so I volunteered to baby-sit your intended. When Sam came by to pick up Leda, he tried to convince them to let him ride along. When I put my foot down and said he was too weak to go, he pretended to go along with it. The little fucker waited until I turned my back, snatched the keys to the Camero, and drove himself down here with one good arm and a head full of painkillers. You ought to arrest his ass for reckless driving.”

Nate tried to shake his head, but he was trembling too bad. “I haven’t had any pain medicine today. I had a right to know what was going on.” He looked at his father with so much burning hatred, Brandon almost let go of him in surprise. “I knew this old bastard was up to something, but I never thought he’d take it this far.”

Sam had Calder by the cuffs and was leading him towards booking. Calder said, “Call me whatever you want, you little shit. You’re the one who’s going to pay. All you faggots will.” Leda put her hand over her mouth, tears running down her cheeks. She turned to her oldest son. “Oh my God, Nathan, I am so sorry, son. I had no idea how sick your father really was.”

Nate didn’t answer. Brandon felt dead weight against his side and was just able to catch Nate as he crumpled to the floor.

wavyscribe
wavyscribe
1,090 Followers
12