The Marine Bk. 02 Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you fuck off, I won't hurt you."

"I'm meant to take you in. But we're not allowed lethal force either... Pretty stupid, right?"

"I get what they're trying to do. If all four of you were here, I might be concerned. I'm not allowed to kill you, that doesn't mean I won't break your fucking legs and work my way up. Call it in, say you lost me."

He didn't make a move so I made sure he noticed my hands curled into fists. He nodded, turned around and walked away. I observed him until he was back at the Underground station, above ground in this part of west London. Only when he was on the platform did I head towards the storage unit.

I took off the watch and left that in a mailbox and switched off my phone. Fuck the rules, it was stupid. Arriving at the storage unit an hour later, I didn't have the key but grabbed what I needed to at least pick the lock. Stepping into the small room, it would give most soldiers an orgasm at the hardware available. Rifles. Shotguns. Pistols. Enough ammunition to start a civil war. Body armour. Grenades. I didn't need any of that.

"U.S passport. Perfect," I muttered. Wouldn't raise too many questions, and I'd perfected a bland enough accent that I'd barely receive a glance. U.S dollars would come in handy. I left my other ID behind. Being caught with two different IDs with different names? Not a good idea.

Back on the train towards London Heathrow, I walked towards the nearest travel agent and asked for the first flight available for the United States, the closest to Seattle the better. I figured from there, I'd just get a car, drive east and make it in plenty of time. If I had to land east... It would be touch and go, depending on the transportation method.

"I can get you to Seattle but there are no direct flights from London. There is a flight in two hours flying via Iceland. Let me check if there's any spots available." She typed away before looking at me and smiling. "There's a dozen empty economy seats on the first leg, but only business class available on the second leg."

"I'll take one."

"Any luggage?"

I held up my backpack. "It's a last minute thing," I said.

Paying for the ticket, I passed through security and relaxed as there was no-one around now. I waited until we were close to boarding before switching on my phone and calling Jen.

"I fucked off the watch and turned off my phone. It was bullshit, Jen. Utter, utter bullshit."

The fact she laughed suggested it was expected. "Honestly, you have the patience of a saint, Nick. I'd have got rid of the watch and phone in Vienna. Don't worry, that was simply an exercise in patience and how you handle shoddy orders."

"Lesson learned. I'll keep that in mind when I'm fucked over next time."

"But I heard you chose to lose your tails rather than hurt them this time."

"Underground is the perfect place. I've travelled it enough over the years to know which stations are the busiest. So, arriving in the U.S. Should I expect anything?"

"No. Once you're within the borders, it's simply a case of making your way here as quickly as you can. You tired?"

"No, managed a nap in Berlin. I'm sure I'll get a little shut-eye on the next flight. And I'm not being observed now, at least. Boarding in around twenty minutes." I paused a moment. "I'm very disappointed you're not in London waiting for me, Jen."

"Where are you landing?"

"Seattle."

"Well... Maybe I'll meet you there..."

"I'd take you to a hotel in a heartbeat if you were. But then I'd be late back as we wouldn't be leaving for at least an entire weekend."

"Stop flirting and get your butt on the plane."

"Yes, ma'am."

The first leg to Reykjavik was rather dull, though I was far too wired to get any sleep. Thankfully I had an aisle seat so I could stretch out a little bit, reading a paperback novel I picked up while waiting for the plane. It made me laugh more than once considering it was one of those thrillers that seem popular these days, an ex-government official now working as a vigilante, helping the innocent. Left me wondering if I'd end up doing that, if I didn't end up dead.

Keflavik Airport isn't the largest in the world, and while I waited for the connecting flight to Seattle/Tacoma, I checked I wasn't being observed, but I was surrounded by bleary-eyed tourists, everyone just waiting to board the long flight all the way to the western United States. Picked up another couple of books, had another coffee, and then sighed with relief when they called boarding.

I've never really been able to sleep on planes except when left utterly exhausted. Whenever I left Iraq or Afghanistan, even those men who hated flying would be out like a light within five minutes of take-off. I managed to read a book before drifting off, still feeling the adrenaline flowing through me. I hated airplane food but managed to eat a little bit, turned down the copious amounts of alcohol they were trying to give me, sticking to water, juice and coffee. Lots of coffee.

Disembarking upon arrival in Seattle, my passport was glanced at maybe twice before I was welcomed home. Exiting the departure terminal, I headed straight for the hire car section as I needed transport. Checking the time on my phone, I still had plenty available to make it within the seventy-two hour time frame.

Once I had keys in hand, I called Jen. "Just landed. Have a hire car. About to start driving."

"Take care. What route are you taking?"

"Route 90 to Spokane."

"Call once you enter Montana. We'll send you co-ordinates for the right entrance."

"Okay. See you soon."

She didn't hang up immediately before she whispered, "Be careful, Nate."

Nate? Why did she... I was immediately on high alert as I made way out of the airport car park and followed the signs for the main route east. Within an hour, I knew I was being followed. But they were using different tactics. Instead of just following me at a distance, there were definitely three cars working in unison, passing me and then disappearing while a different car took position for time. I passed through plenty of towns I'd never heard of. The GPS in the car had it as a four hour, thirty-minute drive, but the closer I got to Spokane, the more I wondered who the fuck these people were.

Once I was through the city, I called Jennifer. "I'm being followed. Who the fuck are they, Jen? You told me..."

"We don't know. They're not our people."

I'll admit, I wasn't entirely convinced, but the tinge of fear in her voice did appear genuine.

"Lose them, Nick," the Director ordered, "The co-ordinates will be sent once you hang up. You should know what to do."

"Lethal force?"

"Is not authorised. But if you get your hands on a firearm, incapacitate them. But they are not following on our orders."

"Well, it's about fucking time, sir."

Putting the co-ordinates into the GPS, the area wasn't familiar but I didn't care. All that mattered was dealing with these fuckwits. I kept to main routes until I found what I wanted. A trail leading off into the forest and mountains. These fuckwits were about to learn what it was like to deal with a pissed off Royal Marine.

Definitely took the car behind me by surprise as he overshot the turning. I floored the loud pedal, leaving dust billowing in my wake as I took off into the forest, barely a couple of minutes before I was climbing. I was going hell for leather, smiling to myself as I imagined I was busy driving a rally stage, leaving those following me far behind. Once I was confident I had enough time, I abandoned the car and took off into the woods. Let's see what these arseholes were made of.

I jogged until I was a couple of hundred metres into the thick trees before slowing down, assessing my surroundings. There were three cars, two in each, six men in totals. So who were they? Soldiers? Spooks? Mercenaries? I wasn't an active agent, so I shouldn't have pissed off anyone yet. The fact I hadn't been authorised to use lethal force did make me wonder.

"Camouflage," I muttered to myself, "Use your surroundings, Nate. Think like an RMCO again."

Didn't think of myself as 'Nate' very often anymore, but now was time to use my commando training. Dirt and mud would be my friend. Covering any skin exposed, I looked for a vantage point, waiting for my pursuers to make themselves known. They were not as good as I was. Two were armed with assault rifles. The rest only had a sidearm.

At least they were mostly silent, relying on hand signals, but they were still not highly trained marines. And they did not correctly assess all their surroundings. They walked in a simple line, spread out with around ten metres between them. No care for what was behind or at their flanks. Definitely not trained to a high standard.

Taking out the first was easy. Hand over his mouth, forearm at his throat, dragging him to the ground and choking until he was unconscious. Checking he was still breathing and heart beating, I took his sidearm. It was a simple Glock, something I was used to using. I checked the clip and it was full of bullets.

"Fuck," I muttered, "They're deadly serious here. Fine, let the fun and games begin."

I checked him for anything else. Wallet held no identification. He had a blade, which I took from him as well. They had no fucking idea I was coming. But it was time to split them up and put the fear of god into them. Dragging the unconscious man with me, I made sure there was a couple of hundred yards before I waited for him to wake up. Once he did, I saw the fear in his eyes. I put the blade to his cheek, by his left eye.

"Scream," I whispered. He shook his head. I turned the blade so he could feel it. "Scream," I repeated. He shook his head, so I ensured blood was spilled. "Scream or I'll cut you slowly." He screamed. "Good boy." I pulled him up by the collar and gave him what we call in the UK a 'Glasgow kiss'. My forehead, his face.

Two came in my direction. No care taken whatsoever. I shot the first one in the leg, leaving him sprawled on the ground.

"Mike! Mike!" the second one cried. "Mike, you there?"

Fucking amateurs. Seriously? Give your position away. I ducked down and used our surroundings as I followed his voice. He was one of the two armed with a rifle. He swung wildly left and right. If this guy was an agent, he wasn't one of us, that was for damn sure. Lying in undergrowth, I waited until he passed me by, around ten metres away, before I rose slowly and came up behind him. I whistled and he turned enough I could put a bullet into his shoulder. He went down as I closed in one him, one swing putting him on the ground. Taking his rifle, I put the butt into his gut before I knocked him out.

My phone buzzed. "What?" I hissed.

"Where are you?" Jennifer asked.

"No fucking idea. Taking care of the cunts following me."

"Killed any of them?"

"No. Three incapacitated so far. Going to take care of the other three, then I'll meet at the co-ordinates. I'll check my phone once I'm done." I was about to hang up when I asked, "Who are they?" She sighed, and that was my response. "Did you know, Jen?"

"No."

"I believe you."

"It's another test, Nick. Everything is a test. But these people are not what we'd call friends. They will kill you."

Checking the rifle, it was your bog standard AR-15. I say that like it's a bad thing, but I just mean it was a simple model without all the accompanying bells and whistles you would otherwise find on such a weapon. But it was good enough for me. And I certainly wouldn't want to be shot by one. That made me stop and think. Looping the rifle around my body, I had the Glock back in hand. Less chance of accidentally killing one of the others.

The fourth I incapacitated by cracking him over the head with my sidearm. Never heard me coming. Emptied the clip of his weapon and left him sat against a tree. Two to go, and they were close together. I could hear their conversation and they were now scared shitless.

"Heard from Steve?"

"No. Mike?"

"Nothing."

"Fuck. Who is this guy?"

"No idea. Contract said eliminate him. That's it."

"If they're dead, we're in deep shit."

They stopped and seemed to consider their option. "I ain't dying out here, man. It ain't worth it. They can keep their fucking money. Craig, this is fucking insane!"

"We can't leave, Jim. We leave, our names are mud. Reckon we could show our faces in the office if six of us can't take one guy?"

I stepped out from the tree I was behind. "Drop them!" I shouted. Jim flinched. Craig made to turn around. "You've got until three. Reckon I'm bluffing?"

"The others dead?" Craig asked.

"No. I could have killed all four of them easily. They're wounded and no doubt concussed, but they're all alive. That doesn't mean I won't kill you. Drop your weapons."

Craig made to spin around. Absolute fool. Put a bullet into him. Non-lethal shot but it would hurt like hell. The rifle hung loosely in his hand. Jim threw his weapon away, dropped to his knees, hands behind his head. "Don't shoot me, man. Don't shoot!"

Walking towards Craig, I took the weapon from his hand then smacked him in the temple with my weapon. He went down hard and didn't move. I checked he was at least still alive before turning to Jim. "Who the fuck are you people?"

"Can't say."

"Why are you after me?"

"Received a contract with your face on it. Told you were landing in Seattle and we were to take you out once you crossed the state border."

"What name did you have?"

"No. Just a description and photo of you and your flight details."

"Did it say why I was to be eliminated?"

"No. We don't ask why. We just do as we're ordered."

I checked him and found some handcuffs. Once I had his hands secure behind his back, I left him sitting back against a tree. I did the same to Craig, no surprise he was bleeding from a wound on his head. "I won't just leave you here. I'm not an arsehole. Once I am where I need to be, I'll call this in. I would suggest you forget all about me though. Next time, I won't leave any of you alive."

Checking my phone, I was rather surprised I had signal. Opening the map function, I keyed in the co-ordinates, delighted to see all I needed to do was walk another couple of hours and I'd arrive. I continued climbing until the treeline started to thin out, eventually arriving at the peak and turning. I saw a flat area ahead, what looked like a parking area. I could see a car and three people.

Approaching the man in the suit, he turned towards me. "You look like shit," he said.

"Well, fuck you very much, sir. How did I do?"

He checked his watch. Then he grinned. "You're rather early." The grin disappeared. "You kill any of them?"

"No."

"Good." He paused again. "You understand?"

"Yes."

He nodded. "Pissed off?"

"Should I be?"

"Rather you be pissed off than feeling sorry for yourself."

"Yes, I'm pissed off. But I get angry, sort it in my head, then calm down in a few minutes. Yes, I understand. I'll get over it. I'm just glad you didn't try and dump me in Iran or something."

He gestured with his head. "Get in the car. We'll take you back so you can change and shower."

"Good."

It was only a twenty-minute drive before we entered an underground parking garage. I'd been in it before as I'd already done plenty of defensive driving, driving anything from an underpowered two door hatchback to a massive four door tank or that's what it felt like anyway. I wasn't the last recruit back, at least. Angie had returned, took one look at me when I walked into our room, and asked, "What the fuck have you been up to?"

"It's a long story. I'm pissed off, exhausted, and left wondering what the fuck are they going to put me through next."

"Where'd you start?"

I met her eyes. "Austria."

"What the fuck? Austria?"

"Yeah. Must have given me something potent to knock me out for that long. Last thing I remember was..."

"Fucking and then sleeping next to me?" she asked with a grin.

"Well, yeah." I grabbed my towel and showering kit. "I'm going to have a shower then hopefully grab a little food." I stepped towards her and left a soft kiss on her cheek. "Glad to see you fit and well. Where'd you start off?"

"Deepest, darkest Mexico. I had to sneak over the fucking border as I had absolutely no help until I got into the United States."

"Damn."

"Go for your shower. I have a feeling we're going to get a day or two to relax after that bullshit."

I spent half an hour in there at least. Last time I'd had a shower had been in Berlin. That was the last time I'd had a solid four hours. I'd barely slept since. A long, hot shower is always revitalising, and I felt renewed stepping out with just a towel around my waist, When I opened the cubicle door to see Emily waiting for me, I almost jumped back in surprise. I hadn't expected her. She was holding a small bag in her hand.

"Clothes are in here. There are details for where you are required within." She handed me keys. "This is for a car downstairs. Expect a long drive. Further information is in the glove compartment. Do you know what day it is?"

"No."

"It's Friday. You're expected back here Monday evening."

"Am I getting time off?"

"That you are, Agent Stevens."

She smiled at the use of that title. I figured it wasn't exactly official yet, but it was nice to hear. "Thanks, Emily."

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Have fun this weekend."

I dressed, grabbed the bag and headed back to my room. I told Angie I was heading out, and she didn't seem surprised nor upset we were doing different things. She kissed my cheek, told me to have fun. Heading downstairs, I found the car I was expected to take. I smiled as I slid behind the wheel as wherever I was going, I was going to get there fast.

Opening the glove compartment, there was paperwork and hotel reservations. I felt my eyebrows raise at where I would be staying, though groaned as I was going to be driving at least for another six hours. I wouldn't be back in Seattle until the evening. Still, I was looking forward to a couple of days to just relax after over a year of constant grinding.

It was at least 21:00 by the time I pulled up outside the Four Seasons. Getting out in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, I felt very underdressed as the valet took my keys as I grabbed my bag. Heading inside, I glanced around and wondered what the hell I was doing in such as a place. The receptionist smiled at me, asking for my reservation details. Passing her the paperwork, she knew who I was.

"Here's your keycard. Your wife is already waiting for you in your suite."

"My wife?"

"Yes. She said you were at work but to expect your arrival this evening."

"Oh, of course... I'll head upstairs now. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Enjoy your stay."

The elevator climbed to the top floor, the doors opening to reveal a wide hallway, leading left and right. Stepping out, there was only two doors, one at each end. Walking towards the room I was staying in, the lock opened as I held the keycard to it, stepping in to reveal of suite of luxury I'd never seen before. I dreaded to think of how much just one night cost in such a room.

"Hello?" I asked.

Jennifer appeared from around a corner, in a dress that highlighted every curve on her body, her raven hair done up, her face in faint make up, a smile that would have lit up the darkest of rooms. I dumped my things and walked towards her, our lips meeting quickly, waiting no time sliding my tongue into her mouth. Her body moulded into mine, and she giggled as she would have felt my immediate erection press into her.

"Later," she whispered, "We have dinner reservations tonight."