All Comments on 'The Marriage Bed'

by MakeMeSay

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very happy to see you experimenting outside of your niche again! That was not at all what I expected, but I enjoyed it - it takes some things that you clearly like to do (like a focus on introspection, where we learn a lot about one character and almost nothing about another) and cranks them up to 11, and that seemed to suit the mood you were going for.

It feels significantly more slow-paced, more "alien", for lack of a better word, and more ... I don't know, pensive?, and definitely less sexy than your usual work, so I wonder how it's going to be received. I think you did a good job, anyway :)

MakeMeSayMakeMeSayover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks Anon!

I am similarly interested. I guess we'll see!

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

If I had not recently watched a movie showing the preparations for a certain type of Jewish wedding, I would not know what the mikveh was about when she left then came back. Some customs are difficult to explain but have great meaning.

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

Lovely. A little explanation of a few jewish customs would have helped though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMakeMeSay@MakeMeSay
Just flexing my writing muscle, hoping to get good enough to make it real one day.