All Comments on 'The Meekering Incident'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Rosalie or Rachel? Should make up your mind before posting.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitalmost 8 years ago
AVERAGE

Not up to your usual standards I'm afraid. Somehow, none of these characters were portrayed as a person the reader could identify with. The personalities of all were bland and superficial. Could have been a much better story with just a slight change in the characters and some more lead in for the romance. In any event, keep them coming, you ARE one of the best.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
THE TALE OF THE HYPE

and fiction outshine facts and truth leaving a trail of debris in its wake. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
agree with the hermit

having read most of your stories I agree this was lacking from what I normally see from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tedious

Couldn't get past the first page.

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
???

EXTREMELY unlikely story. the injured girl made her choice, zero sympathy coming...she threw it all away no one else.......

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

Yes, this one fell a little short of your usual. As I think about it your stories almost always contain some humor and this one really didn't. It is true that the foundation of the story was a violent character and his victim, a girl he once loved but left for fame and fortune. Still, you chose to write it with a dark overtone and while there is some happiness in the end it just kind of ended. One more thought on the story, I think the "love" that blossomed between Benson and Rosalie came on too quickly and casually to be taken seriously. It almost seemed out of touch with everything else that was going on.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
A different kind of love story...liked it though!

Enjoyed the difference...the slow down of life...the reality of it between people. Some may say no reality...but without the Hollywood effect...happens more than many think. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
boring and tedious

prefer your stories with humour in them...

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 5 years ago
Nice, but off the charts saccharine

Last two pages were overkill sweetness.

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Some loose ends that need help.... I never knew down-under judicial system was so lenient/liberal on men beating women (multiple-times) in sentencing. Especially since that last beating was so grievous leaving Cecelia in a coma and quadriplegic - Jimmy only got a total of 5yrs behind bars?!?

And since Cecelia's beating ultimately led to her death from the severe beating injuries, why didn't Jimmy get a new charge of murder put upon him so when he gets gets out of the shrink hotel he can go to the crossbar hotel for life?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was very considerate of Cece to die just in time to not be a burden to our hero and his new bride Rachel, ermm I mean Rosalie.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great story. AAAAAA++++++

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

story TAGS