The Mentor Ch. 01: Root Causes

Story Info
Bodie needs the help of an older man to advance his career.
2.3k words
4.41
5k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/21/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
yfnsp
yfnsp
137 Followers

The Mentor, chapter 1: Root Cause Analysis

"I'm going to set you up with a mentor."

Bodie was disappointed. He was feeling strangely refreshed and alert at the end of his session with Dr. Samenschlag, although he noticed his knees were a little sore and there was a strange taste in his mouth. But this news was not what he had wanted to hear. He had hoped the doctor would clear him to be considered for a senior management position at work, but after exhaustive questioning and a session of hypnosis, the doctor had flatly declared that he wasn't ready for that much responsibility.

While the doctor got on the phone to make arrangements, Bodie brooded a bit. He knew he was young for the role, but he was very ambitious, having a deep-seated need to prove himself. The Bramlette family, both his parents, were over-achievers who had commanded not only high salaries, but also large ranks of employees. An only child, Bodie had always been too self-willed to work for the grades his parents expected of him in high school and in college, so now he was anxious to earn their respect with rapid career advancement.

"Hi, John. Sammy here. I have a client, Bodie Bramlette, who is in need of mentoring. Can we set up an appointment?" Samenschlag glanced at Bodie as he listened to the voice on the other end of the phone.

Bodie, for all his post-hypnotic euphoria, was still a little intimidated by the therapist. He recalled how his first impression had brought out all his insecurities and his instinctive defensiveness. He had wanted so badly to be authoritative. He had tried hard to exude manly confidence as would befit the seeker of a senior management position, but he had clearly failed.

"Sure, three o'clock tomorrow should work," Sammenschlag responded into the receiver. He raised an eyebrow inquisitively toward Bodie, who nodded. "All right. I'll send over the paperwork this afternoon. Thank you, John." He wrote the date and time on the back of a business card and passed it across the desk to Bodie. Bodie flipped it over and read, "John Thomas Sterling III, Executive Consultant," with an address nearby.

"Um, thanks," said Bodie, trying to sound grateful.

"You're welcome, Bodie." The doctor smiled his professional smile. "I think you and John will get along famously." He rose and ushered Bodie to the door. "Don't worry about preparing for your meeting tomorrow. John and I have worked together on dozens of cases; he'll have read your materials and will know exactly how to help you."

It never occurred to Bodie as he headed into work the next morning that his eager anticipation of meeting John Sterling might have been suggested by Dr. Samenschlag under hypnosis. As was typical for him, he spent most of the workday figuring angles to get credit for successful initiatives he was only tangentially involved with and, since it was Friday, padding his weekly report. When the time came to leave for his appointment, he went with soaring spirits.

But, when confronted by his new mentor, Bodie immediately collapsed into a bundle of insecurities. John Sterling was a god among men. Exceedingly handsome, with a full head of silver hair and the physique and bearing of an athlete in championship form, he also gave the impression of acute intelligence and keen judgement. Bodie's bluster almost left him then. And after only two minutes of conversation, Bodie realized that Sterling could see right through him.

"What I'm going to teach you, son," John continued, "is the concept of servant leadership. You have absolutely no idea what it means to lead, do you?" he asked, not unkindly, but in a way that struck Bodie as brutally frank. And, even as he felt the sting of it, Bodie sensed a deeply caring, almost loving concern. He was grateful for that and felt a welling of affection for the older man that gradually bordered on adoration. This reaction was all the more stunning for the fact that it was infused with a strong sexual element completely alien to Bodie, who had never harbored homosexual feelings at all. Nevertheless, these feelings seemed completely natural as they swept over him, swelling his throbbing dick, being the product of Dr. Samenschlag's hypnotic programming.

Sterling had just used two of the trigger-words the doctor had implanted in Bodie's mind, "son" and "servant." The verb "To Serve" and its derivatives along with the words "Son," Boy," "Alpha," and "Beta" were post-hypnotic signals that the doctor had designed to elicit feelings of submissiveness, sexual arousal, and the desire to please the speaker.

Sterling could see that Bodie was reacting as expected. He continued, "You see, don't you, Boy, that you are not yet suited for a leadership role." He smiled gently. "You lack the Alpha male qualities altogether, and you have no understanding of your own Beta personality."

Bodie's cock was fully erect now and he could no longer deny that he was having strong sexual feelings toward this captivating man. But, novel as feelings like this for a man might be, they didn't even register as a bit odd to him, such was the skill of Sigmund Samenschlag.

"Beta personality?" Bodie asked, blushing and looking shyly into John's eyes, "I don't understand."

Sterling smiled reassuringly. "It's not that complicated, Son." Bodie was already becoming quite malleable, John thought as he continued, "An Alpha male is a natural leader. In wild animals, it's the Alpha male who protects the group and mates with the females. In humans, Alphas are the men people naturally turn to for decisions and direction. Betas are followers, usually in supportive roles to their Alpha leaders. Their natural role is to Serve. Betas are often highly valued for their Service in organizing and carrying out the Alpha's directives." He smiled at Bodie inquisitively. "Does that make sense?"

"Y-yes..." Bodie sounded a little bit strained; Sterling's repeated use of all the trigger words was taking a toll on his ability to organize his thoughts. Feelings of desire, and a growing need to earn Mr. Sterling's affection, were churning his mind, tangled up with images, images of submissiveness, distinctly sexual images. Visions of himself in a homoerotic posture. These feelings, pre-ordained by the doctor's programming, along with vivid dream-like images of himself sucking cock (a suppressed memory) tumbled chaotically through his mind, and robbed him of reason.

"Don't get me wrong," Sterling continued, "a Beta Boy like you can certainly become an effective leader, Bodie, but it doesn't come naturally. This is where the concept of Service, of Servant leadership, comes in." Bodie was just barely able to follow John's discourse, if only because the recurring triggers kept his attention.

"Now, for an Alpha male like me, leadership comes naturally. We Alphas instinctively know how to take care of our people, but a Beta Boy has to learn to respond to the needs of many people, not just his own. That's not usually a problem, as long as the Beta has strong leadership from above." Sterling now smiled sadly. "But in your case, Son, it's going to take a lot of work."

The befuddled Bodie's heart was sinking and he struggled not to panic. "Work?... What kind of work?" he pleaded. "How? What do I have to do?"

"First of all, Bodie, you're going to have to come to grips with your Beta nature. That's your biggest problem; you don't understand yourself at all. It's going to be hard for you. And then, you'll need to learn how to Serve others." Again the sad smile. It drove Bodie to near desperation seeing the pity in Mr. Sterling's eyes.

"You see, you're so self-centered that you fail to recognize your weakness. The irony is that that weakness would become a strength if were properly integrated into your natural Beta personality." He tapped the folder in front of him. "It's all here in Dr. Samenschlag's report."

Bodie was completely at sea. He barely understood the gist of Sterling's explanation. What resounded in his mind was the realization that he needed Sterling's help if he was ever going to be happy. It was more than just his career that hung in the balance, but his whole life! He was now convinced that to be a success meant also to be loved, and that to be loved he had to earn Mr. Sterling's approval. Yes, most of all he needed Mr. Sterling to approve of him. To do that Bodie would do anything. He would have to find a way to serve him, to be his servant.

"Do you see how your self-absorption prevents you from being a leader?" John was asking. Bodie didn't know how to answer. He found the question both confusing and threatening. He so much wanted to give the "right" answer, but he realized he didn't really grasp the connection between selfishness and leadership. "No, Son, I don't suppose you do," John sighed sadly. Once again the sound of Sterling's pity increased Bodie's desperation.

"I... I'm... What can I do, Mr. Sterling?" He looked up at the older man imploringly, "I want to learn. Can you teach me?" He felt like getting down on his knees and begging (another programmed response). "Please. I'll do anything."

"You're a good Boy, Bodie." John's words were like a balm. "That's exactly the attitude you need." He gazed sternly into Bodie's pleading eyes. "You need to learn how to Serve." Bodie nodded; he had already understood that, but... John continued, "Do you want to Serve me?"

"Oh, yes!..." Bodie hesitated. "How?" He felt so desperate for Sterling's help. "What can I do to serve you, Mr. Sterling?"

"I can't tell you that, Son. That is the first test of Servant leadership. You have to discover the answer within yourself. What do you have as a Beta Boy that you could offer to an Alpha like me?"

It all came together for Bodie at that moment, all the programming, the suggestions placed in his mind by the hypnotist. It all coalesced and bore fruit. "I could suck your cock!" It was a revelation - why had he never thought of it before? It seemed so obvious, the perfect act of service between beta and alpha. But what if... He was suddenly riddled with doubt. Isn't that a lot to ask of a man like Mr. Sterling? And there was something else, in the back of his mind: isn't there something wrong with sucking cock? But was there any other way? He needed Mr. Sterling so much... He wanted to do this! He needed it.

"Please," he asked more quietly, "Could I do that for you, Mr. Sterling? Would you let me suck your cock?" He trembled with anxious need and hopeful anticipation and a growing wet spot in his pants.

Sterling stood up and stepped around the desk. His crotch was at Bodie's eye level, making it impossible for Bodie to look at anything but the pronounced bulge in the well tailored trousers. He could that see Mr. Sterling's cock was substantial, it's outline visible part way down his left pant-leg. A moment or two passed before John spoke. "That's a good answer, Son."

Bodie felt a wave of elation that gave him the confidence to look up into Sterling's face. Those words of approval were what he so badly needed to hear.

"That would be a good expression of your Beta nature," John continued, "It's a good start." Bodie was giddy with gratitude. "Let's take it one step at a time, though." He reached out to Bodie. "Here, stand up."

Bodie got up out of the chair. He was close enough to Sterling to smell the aftershave on his ruggedly handsome face. "Now kneel." John had moved his hand to Bodie's shoulder. "You're not ready to worship my Alpha cock yet, son, but we'll get there... if that's what you really want."

Bodie, enthralled, unquestioning, knelt before the older man. The posture reinforced both the gratitude and the humility he felt. "Good Boy," John said, "Now I want your forehead on the floor between my feet." Bodie obeyed immediately. Stirling spoke down to him. "I will make arrangements with your supervisor for you to see me every afternoon next week. Over the weekend you are to consider what we've talked about today; we'll be building on it all next week. You will, in particular, think about your offer to become my cocksucker. Think about how that could have a bearing on your conduct with other people, especially at work. Consider it in the light of becoming a Servant leader." After a moment he said, "You may rise."

Bodie straightened up, still on his knees, Stirling's crotch was once again front and center. He imagined he could smell his balls. Sterling chuckled and patted him gently on the head. "You really do want my cock, don't you? You know, don't you, that everyone in the world has either a cock or a pussy... Think about that over the weekend too." He helped Bodie to his feet and added, "Last but not least, your supervisor will be giving me regular reports on your progress at work. I expect to see demonstrable evidence that you improving. So be sure to be of as much Service to your coworkers as you can."

Bodie did think about all it over the weekend. He obsessed, in fact. He also masturbated a lot, first thinking about John Stirling, and then fantasizing about various people at the office, men and women, to whom he could be a kneeling servant, licking and sucking pussies and cocks. It was a whole new experience for him: submissive fantasies. He had never cum so many times in one weekend.

He could hardly wait for Monday!

(To be continued.)

yfnsp
yfnsp
137 Followers