The Mermaid and the SEAL Pt. 01

Story Info
Sean and Mira see each other and desire blooms.
2.9k words
4.58
12.5k
28

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Oupa99
Oupa99
909 Followers

This is basically an erotic love story and of course all characters are over 21. It will definitely not start out as a love story, but it will get there. Please vote often (fives are most welcome) and of course please leave constructive comments.

PS -- If you have fantasies, ideas, etc. for new stories please let me know, that includes twists on existing stories and I will see what I can do. Many of my stories have started out that way.

The Mermaid and the SEAL

Chapter 1

Mira loved watching humans frolic in the ocean and several times she would shed her tail, morph into human form and wander among the humans. Unlike her fellow mermaids, to her the humans seemed carefree and loved to enjoy life and love. Her life in Mermaid Cove was fraught with the danger of being caught and rules within the mermaid community were very confining. Their rules restricted when and where a mermaid could go because if one was caught, everyone else would be hunted.

Mermaids had to remain hidden for the safety of the entire school. Folklore, passed down through the ages had left an ingrained fear of humans and what they would do to a mermaid once caught. So, everyone watched out for each other, and rules were laid out to keep everyone safe.

She longed for the freedom the humans offered and spent most of her free time hidden in the shallows watching the men and women frolic, play and sometimes even make love. After her eighteenth birthday, her hormones began to drive her crazy and now three years later she still hadn't found anyone that lived up to her standards. Now, she would spend more time than ever watching the male humans and the urge to mate was strong. Like every mermaid around her age, the need to mate was strong and a human male was her preferred mate.

This was the mermaid paradox. There was ingrained fear of humans, but human males were preferred mate for mermaids looking for a mate. Mira had always been a bit of a rebel. She hated following all the rules and while she was careful, she wasn't paranoid about being caught in a fisherman's net or hook on a fishing pole. She had heard stories about those mermaids that had been caught and were put on display, tormented and eventually died. But she believed that they were just stories.

All the humans she saw were kind and respectful of everything in the ocean. While the fear her mother had instilled in her was still there, she really didn't fear the humans, as-a-matter of fact she loved watching them and wanted to be a part of their culture. She wanted to have a human lover, friend and companion. So, she spent all her free time watching, waiting and longing for the right man.

Since she had reached the age of consent, she longed for a mate, but not just any mate, he had to be human. She had been taught from an early age that human men are the desirable mate. They bring new blood into the clan and refresh the gene pool. While mermen did exist, they were rare and in general outcasts, loners and infertile. So, most mermaids when they became of age started paying attention to human males.

One day during her forays in Mermaid Cove, she saw a gorgeous hunk of man. She altered her path to follow him from a distance but didn't get very close. Her underwater vision showed him to be a strong virile male and gorgeous as well. Her interest was piqued, and she came back every day about the same time to see if he would reappear. Her mind's eye remembered rippling muscles delivering smooth easy strokes as he swam. Something about him drew her to him like a magnet. As she watched him a hunger grew in her sexual core and with her dreams, she knew this was the man for her.

On the third day he showed up again, but still she hesitated to get up close. While he was strong, handsome and powerful, he also exuded a fearsome authority that made her keep her distance. After the third day she wanted a closer look. Everything she saw on the first day was only enhanced as she watched him swim.

She timed her foray towards the mouth of the cove to watch the human swimmer. She had seen him from afar and desperately wanted to see him again. This time she wanted to see him up close and planned to swim underneath him, but far enough back so she wouldn't be seen. He was a little older than she was, but it was hard to tell how old humans were. But he was sleekly muscled, with almost zero body fat. His face was rugged but handsome in ways that made her swoon. His shoulders were huge, heavily muscled and tapered to thin tight abs that showed his six-pack abs. His legs were huge, strong and heavily muscled.

He swam in long deep strokes that were smooth and easy. She loved watching his muscles ripple with power as he propelled himself through the water at an impressive gate. His powerful strokes made her wonder how his arms would feel wrapped around her. He seemed dedicated, passionate and focused on his swim. She wondered what that passion would feel like when it was focused on her.

She watched his concentration as he focused on his swim. She swam underneath him, close to the bottom of the ocean and studied him as she swam. Something about him made her want him. He definitely had the looks, strength and power, but it was something else. The feelings she had on the first day only got stronger. She felt all gooey inside as she kept pace with him. She felt her sexual core becoming wet with need and her nipples ached to be stimulated.

Her mind began to drift with fantasies about this man wondering what it would be like to have him make love to her. The water swirling around her nipples only added to her desire. Would his touch be gentle or demanding and would he give her fantastic orgasms, something she never achieved? No man had ever touched her, but she had achieved an unsatisfying orgasm by her own hand.

At night her dreams were only of him, but they varied from highly sexual to having a best male friend and protector by her side. They were many times she woke up with her hands frantically trying to dispel the furnace in her womb. She wanted him in the worst way, but really had no idea how to make him hers.

Mermaids only fall in love once and she was thinking this might be the guy. At least her mind was preoccupied with thoughts about this mysterious, hunky swimmer. As she followed him, she was dreaming of those massive arms holding her tight and that rugged face kissing her. She even dreamed of those hard muscular buttocks thrusting himself inside her. Damn she was hot for this guy.

Her fantasies took her mind off one of the cardinal rules of being a mermaid. Never let yourself be seen or get caught. This had been drummed into her since she was born, and she knew she must be captivated if she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings.

She was swimming behind him when he reached the mouth of the cove and did a flip turn. Suddenly she was staring him in the eyes and for a moment she was mesmerized feeling his eyes reach inside her and tug at her heart. It seemed like she had a lightning strike to the heart and couldn't breathe. In his eyes she saw a fierce warrior with the heart of a gentle lover.

She saw a lifetime of pain and anguish, but a longing to be and to give love to someone special. Her heart leapt in her chest wanting to have this hunky warrior conquering her and taking her to his lair where they could find the love each craved. In that same moment she wanted him desperately, but then quickly realized what was happening. With a strong flip of her tail, she turned and rocketed out of sight.

She kept going until she couldn't see him anymore. Then she rose to the surface for a look around, then sunk to the bottom to think. He had seen her, and his eyes told her that he wanted to know more about her. He seemed genuinely interested in her and his eyes told her that he liked what he saw. She felt his heart leap to match her pounding heart and both hearts joined in that moment. He was also mesmerized with suddenly confronting a mythological, albeit stunningly gorgeous creature. She felt tremors and goosebumps control her body. Could this really be happening, could he be the one?

As long as it was just a dream, she was okay, but now it could become a reality. Deep inside she wanted this, but it would be breaking all the rules. She swam home and thought about what it would be like to make contact. If she did, it had to be as a human, and she couldn't let him see her as a mermaid.

Chapter 2

Sean felt at home in the water. Everything great in his life happened in the water. His baptism, his time in the Boy Scouts all involved water. Long ago he became a SEAL and he loved when water insertions were part of his missions. He knew if water was involved everything would be a success and he would always be safe. He swam everyday as part of his fitness routine, but also a day without being in the water was unrewarding.

As part of his education, while in the armed forces, he also graduated with a PhD in Marine Biology and Marine Archaeology. If he was in the water, he was happy. As much as he loved the action, he had gotten too despondent for SEAL missions, and he retired after only fifteen years. Now he concentrated on his second career as a Marine Archaeologist.

He wanted to make his mark in the world with his knowledge and not killing someone. But don't get him wrong. He loved the guys, the comradery, the importance of the missions and of course keeping freedom alive. While he was very good in the SEALs, he wanted to be great at something else, discovering something or creating something.

At six foot three and two hundred ten pounds, he was all lean muscle. His arms were as big as some men's legs and his legs were as big as some men's waist. His chest was broad and rippling with muscle although the downy hair on his chest hid some of his musculature. His washboard abs hinted at an unleashed power hidden inside his powerful body and he knew how to unleash the power if he had to.

He had a new job further up the coast, but he found this cove, rented a cabin and now was using it for his home base plus his morning swims. He normally swims out to the mouth of the bay, turns around and swims back for a total of ten miles. His long deep strokes propelled him at a good clip, and he would normally swim a mile in fifteen minutes, but sometimes he relaxed and took longer.

He preferred his swims in the mornings, but sometimes work interfered and he was forced to swim in the evening. This was one of those days and the cool water felt great on his heated physique and he needed the cool down on his mind and body.

There were times he swam his laps twice, mostly when he needed time to think or decompress and today was one of those days. Work had been exasperating and he had to deal with other PhDs that thought they knew everything. He knew learning was a lifelong event and nobody knew everything.

Work outside the military was difficult sometimes. In the SEALs, they looked out for each other and worked through any conflicts that might arise. With his new job it seemed like he spent more time fending off the backstabbers, the glory hounds than he did getting work done. It was frustrating and not as satisfying as he had expected. Still, he has his niche, and if the right find came along it could be great.

He was on his second lap when he did his flip turn and was face-to-face with the most incredible sight... a mermaid. But not just any mermaid, she was spectacularly beautiful, small boned, petite, with a slim incredibly taut, lithe physique, perfectly unfettered, full breasts, a tiny waist and the most captivating aquamarine eyes. Her eyes seemed to search his soul and his heart pounded in his chest and his breathing stopped. With that one look he knew she had to be his. She was the woman, albeit a mermaid, that he had searched for all his life, and she was a water creature. It made perfect sense to him to find her in the water.

Their eyes stayed glued together for what seemed like minutes, but it could have only been a few seconds. But for those seconds he saw a kind, curious and passionate woman. Her eyes were intriguing, pulling at him in a way that made him stay there transfixed. With their eyes glued to each other, he felt as if she was next to him, and he was holding her in his arms. If she had been next to him, he would have held her in his arms and kissed her passionately.

No other woman had ever reached into his heart like this mermaid did. She was his soul mate; he knew it with that one look. She was a water creature like him and everything good happened in the water. He started to reach for her, but she was too far away, and his movements seemed to create panic in this waif of a mermaid.

At first, she seemed as captivated by him as he was of her, and her eyes transmitted her love and passion into his soul. But then fear took over and with a flip of her tail she was gone in a cloud of golden blonde hair. Her hair hid her figure, but her fluorescent blue-green tail glimmered until she faded in the water.

He tried to swim and catch her but there was no hope of that. He stopped and tread water trying to understand what he had seen. She was not a mirage, but a real-life mermaid and a stunningly gorgeous one at that. More than that, she captured his heart in that one passionate and loving gaze. What did she want and why was she following him? All he knew is that he wanted to see her again.

As much as his intellectual curiosity was piqued, his heart pounded in his chest. She was the most spectacular creature he had ever seen, and he wanted to hold her and make love to her. All these feelings happened in the course of less than a second. He had to see her again, talk to her and hold her in his arms.

That night he began researching mermaids and almost everything he found was folklore, rumors and pure speculation. In other words, no one really knew anything about mermaids. They existed and he had to find her again. He had to know more, but there was something else. He kept wondering what it would be like to hold her in his arms. What it would be like to kiss her and nuzzle on her bountiful breasts? Could they make love? She had captured all of him. Her eyes had captured his heart, her spectacular figure had seized his strong libido and the idea of a mermaid snatched his curious mind.

His mind spun with the discovery of a mermaid, but his heart pounded with the thought of her in his arms and their time in the water together. He surprised himself... he wanted her. He wanted to look into her eyes every time he woke up and he wanted her to be the last thing he saw before he went to sleep. He wanted to swim with her every day. With this realization he knew she wasn't just a fanciful discovery; with that one look he had fallen in love with her.

He made sure he swam every morning and every night, trying to get a glimpse of his gorgeous magical mermaid, but alas no luck. He took a couple of days off from work, took his scuba gear and sat on the bottom waiting for her, again with no luck. He thought she might have seen his bubbles and stayed away, so he called up one of his friends and burrowed a rebreather that would leave no telltale bubbles and again he sat on the bottom waiting.

On the second day he saw her swimming in the distance and he studied her every curve. She was even more beautiful than he remembered, but when he rose to talk to her, she turned tail and in a cloud of blonde hair with a fluorescent blue-green tail, she was gone again.

He hauled his gear to the shore and sat in the sand trying to think of what to do next. He had to see her, talk to her, hold her and he had to make her his, but how? He stared out into the breaking surf wondering what to do next. How could he find her and keep her around long enough to talk with her and find out if she was indeed the one?

Oupa99
Oupa99
909 Followers