All Comments on 'The Mermaid in the Boathouse'

by TarnishedPenny

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 2 years ago

I am speechless, but with a song in my heart! Wonderful story.

rayironyrayironyabout 2 years ago
Once again, a splendid tail/tale

And, to reiterate,

That isn't tarnish, it's patina.

Patina is a good thing.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueabout 2 years ago

Being partial to a mermaid tale myself, I read this. Such beautiful story-telling, TP, and the world building is subtle, clever. Cudos.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 2 years ago

You seem to know much about the sea folk. I would hear more about them, if you please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very nice fairy tale. Thank You. G

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years ago

Amazing! I put off urgent duties until I could emerge from your tale. Neesa and Mee-sha will be with me for more than a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

May I _please_ offer 10 or a dozen stars for this?

texquilltexquillabout 2 years ago

What an amazing and enthralling story! I'm absolutely in love with the tale. Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. There just aren't enough stars available to reflect the craftsmanship that it took to build this masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

On this Valentine's Day, and in a time of increasing divisiveness and xenophobia, may we come to know that love is love, regardless of gender, race, religious views, country of origin, social standing, financial status, or ... species. Thank you for this beautiful story!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

I think you set the bar too high with your earlier stories. The conclusion to this one was over my head, sorry.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 2 years ago

Another gem from one of the finest authors on this site.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 2 years ago

That was delightful, TP. Thank you!

5 stars, of course!

stewartbstewartbabout 2 years ago

I don't know what to write. Like a gift from the sea ... this story was a pearl. Looked at from all sides it shines a glow of love. Thank you for this moment in my life.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

valkoinenvalkoinenabout 2 years ago

What a delightful story, beautifully told. Thank you ever so much.

pcman1950pcman1950about 2 years ago

Shimmeringly splendiferous!

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterabout 2 years ago

Very unusual and entertaining.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

A master of the written word. Just beautiful

Davester37Davester37about 2 years ago

Please allow me to assist the others in piling on accolades! I always look forward to reading your work, and this one doesn’t disappoint. You made two likable characters and developed them fully. I feel like I’d really like to meet them, maybe down at the beach someday. I have to admit the last section seemed strange and a bit rushed to me. Perhaps I’m a bit thick. I re-read it and it made sense.

As always, thank you for writing, and thank you for generously sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I was surprised, pleasantly so! Great story, great characters, well developed.

Well done!

OmenainenOmenainenabout 2 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful story! Before I started reading more on Lit, I had no idea that I was into orc sex, and now I find I’m into mermaids too! Superb world building and so much story in relatively few words. Excellent work. I don’t think I’ve read yours before, but I definitely will going forward. Thank you so much for offering this pearl for my event.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well done. Great story and characters I cared about.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Oh my, so good, every facet of it was polished wonderfully, I was so involved in the story I’d forgotten it was being related to a listener. The idea of a “Waterworld” as an exo-planet is not one I’ve seen much of here on Lit, mainstream SF, yes I’ve seen a few, but it requires more imagination to “world build” and to make it believable. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very hard to rate. Well written. Clever plot line. Raised a lot of questions about ethics ad man's need to explore.

Hard to read about a romance that seems to have no future.

In the end it is an amazing piece of fiction. For innovation, if nothing else - 5*

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 1 year agoAuthor

Sequel: Tears of a Mermaid

Cal59Cal598 months ago

Unusual subject matter to say the least but outstandingly written

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

THANK YOU for a really charming story made with such an odd couple.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca7 months ago

Hahaha WOW, again, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous