The Mind's Eye

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, I know, the last two times I overextended like this? I wasn't quite this far, hmmm, could it be the harder I push them, the stronger they get?" I asked no one in particular.

"It is possible, though it's impossible to tell without tests. I'll ask the egg heads when we get back," the oldest said.

I nodded deep in thought, then looked at both of them. "Uh, not to seem ungrateful, but why and how the hell are you both here?"

"We both figured that you were following the others, to see if the Fletecon would go after them. As we surmised it did, so we were here waiting for it to make a move.

I just shook my head. I knew they were far smarter than they let on. I also knew that they were being tracked by the Sifi people, though I imagined it was far harder than it used to be. I also knew that they were bugged in ways that I could see would be embarrassing if I mentioned them.

I signaled that I was staying there at their uncle's house. They knew that the last of my old group was here also. I stood then smiled as I seemed to vanish before them.

"I wish I could do that vanishing act," the oldest said as she winked at the spot, I had been in.

After they left, I put a blanket down to nap. I knew that the Fletecon was on borrowed time. It would have to find another host soon. It was losing its fight against the teen.

It was a few hours later when I heard a slight cry from the teen, then she fell unconscious. Damnit! The piece of trash had found another host! Reaching out, I felt where she was. Oh god! She was in a cemetery, one that wasn't far from here.

I lifted as I was across the city in no time. I found the teen near a group of headstones. Though at the time I didn't realize it was my family's.

I carried her back to my brother's house, reaching in I felt that she was well. Looking further, I found nothing of the seed nor the Fletecon. Breathing a sigh of relief, I was shocked an hour later when my brother walked through the door.

Speechless for a few moments, I could only stare as he walked past me to a closet. Reaching in then, he removed what appeared to be a thermic, fusion explosive.

'I do not have much time, Brother, I wish there was more time. Time, I had to tell you how I miss you. I have to get to the ship before it can take control. Know I love you, I'm so proud of all that you have done." He said.

A moment later, he left. As I followed him, no matter how hard I tried, he'd speak no more. At the hidden ship he turned to salute me, then showed me he'd set the timer for five minutes.

So, here we are again. I watched as the huge gleaming disk rose. As it climbed higher, I started to curse. The damn thing should have exploded by now.

It was almost out of sight, when there was a titanic blast and light show that appeared to be several miles up. A sad smile crossed my features as I bowed my head.

I shook my head as I moved away. At least now everyone dead and otherwise was safe. A sudden thought hit me. At least I hoped the world was.

I was walking away when I felt the mass of ships as they started to exit whatever they had been in. Curing again I put up as powerful a shield as I could. I could swear that the Fleetcons had brought far more ships than they had last time.

Not far away, I felt the last of my old team as they also extended. Although they were taking out ships, they weren't as fast as we needed.

I felt both my daughters enter the frey, they were much faster. The problem was that their path of destruction was far smaller than I wished it was. I started to alternate between destroying a wide swath of ships, then going back to the shield. I did this a few times though I knew that I wasn't going to last long.

We hadn't taken even half of them out when I felt my strength fading. I am so sorry you three, I am at the end of my energy. The last blast I had let loose had cut a very wide path through the Fletecon ships. Still, I used all I had to keep the shield up.

It was then that I felt even more ships than arrived the first time appear. I shook my head, they might destroy our planet, they were going to pay a high price. Reaching within, I felt another source of power. Reaching into it, I strengthened the shield even more.

That's when all hell seemed to break loose. The second mass of ships started to fire upon the Fletecon fleet. What the hell was going on?

It seemed to last for hours, though I suspect that it was only a few minutes. I was starting to feel numb as I heard a gentle voice telling me to release the shield. Thinking it a trick, I held on.

I heard the first voice talking to the last of my team and my daughters. You have to get him to release. He is using his life energy; he has to stop, or he will expire.

I suddenly felt the three of them beside me. "Father, you have to stop please. This is going to kill you. Now that the threat is gone, we can be a family." My oldest said through tears.

"Please Dad, I need you more than you'll ever know, let it go," my youngest cried.

"Bill, let it go, it's the Bellons they finally returned." My old team member said.

I looked at all three, took a shuddering breath, then let it go. I felt as if I were falling from a great height. Then I seemed to remember a person shrouded in light. They touched me, then vanished.

What seemed to only be a few hours was actually three days later. I jerked awake and seemed to set every alarm on the bed off. Several nurses and doctors were in my room within moments. After checking everything to make sure I was OK, my daughters appeared.

"They said that you were very close to expiring. Oh, they said to tell you that you are the first of our race. You are special, so they won't leave before they visit one last time." My oldest said.

"We are here to stay. I refuse to be apart from you again, neither of us." My youngest said.

Oh? What did the commander have to say about that? I asked with my mind.

As if he could make us do anything! Both their thoughts shouted.

After they left, I must have passed out. When I opened my eyes, the same person was standing there again, shrouded in light.

"I tried to keep us safe. I am sorry that I failed you, your trust. I thought to the being beside me.

No, you did not fail, you are the first race besides our own that protected to the point of death. The simple fact that you can see me as I am? Is even more proof. We would like you to travel to our world to represent yours.

How? It takes so long to make the trip. Twelve of our years is quite a long time. I thought to him.

Twelve years? Ah! I see, it's more like twelve of your seconds.

Then why were you gone so long?

We had to wait for most of their fleet to come here. We planted that thought, so when they read one of you, they'd think we were still traveling. Now, here the Bellon touched me, I was suddenly feeling as if nothing had happened to me. Shall we go?

Wait, can my daughters go? The Bellon waved a hand, and both appeared.

"What is going on?" They both asked.

"We're going on a trip," I smiled as all four of us vanished.

12