The Misadventures of Elena Ch. 08

Story Info
Elena departs.
13.5k words
4.8
1.7k
1
0

Part 8 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/04/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
frog7
frog7
133 Followers

Elena opens her eyes and looks around. "Ugh," she feels herself all over. "I guess this means I'm still alive." She exits the bed and makes her way to the door. She hears the sounds of voices.

"Ms. Jewels!"

Elena looks and sees a faun doctor alone with Lillie and Gretto. "Ms. Jewels, you've awaken, thank goodness!" Gretto says happily.

"Yeah." Elena walks towards them but stumbles and nearly falls.

"Ms. Jewels!" Gretto screams and goes to help her.

"You shouldn't be up so soon," the faun doctor says sternly. "Come let's get you back to bed."

"But I feel...."

"I understand how tough your elf hide is but still you fell from the height of a frost giant due an explosion from a bomb, you're fortunate to be alive. You need to take it easy.

"Do what the doctor says," Lillie insists.

They take her back to the room. "How long was I out?"

"Four days."

"What?!"

"Yes, after the death of the armored leader, the frost giants rampaged through Sheba Town and left the way they came. Gretto came through it unscathed."

"How many were killed?"

"Just three."

"I see, anybody else survived other than us who fought?" Lillie shakes her head. "I'm so sorry."

"We did what we could to mead your wounds and then we got to the shelter and then at dawn left for Frost Coast," Gretto explains.

"Frost Coast? Is that where we are now?"

"Yes, we fear to go back for we weren't sure if the frost giants would return. Many are terrified for there have been reports of yetis and dire wolves prowling."

"So we're refugees."

"At least for a month or two."

"My booze," Elena thought and starts to get up.

"Right now you're in no condition to be moving so just rest for now, I'll have the nurse bring you some breakfast," the faun doctor says.

Elena nods and rolls her eyes.

****

Fort Felicia

After eight days of mourning for Eia, the Dark Lady Felicia emerges from her bed chamber. The Majin Hai servants bow their heads. "Prepare my bath."

After the bath she sits down to eat breakfast. A Majin Hai appears with a chest that contains scrolls. "I've come as summoned, my Dark Lady."

"Read me the news."

The Majin Hai opens the chest, picks out the first scroll and begins reading its contents.

"What, a star fell in the Northern Lands?!"

"Yes my Dark Lady."

"Assemble 100 Majin Hai, I'll go up north to retrieve it. It may contain a power."

"It's too late."

"What do you mean?" He explains. "So while I was in mourning this occurred," she sighs sadly. "Continue with the news."

"As you command my Dark Lady."

****

Keylong Port

"This place smells!" Princess Maxine complains.

"Well sis we're at a port where fish and other seafood is a daily commodity so what did you expect?"

"I wish those damned elves would hurry up."

"Sis be patient."

"Be patient, be patient! We're trying to get that star!"

"Sis keep your voice down."

"Your Majesties, the elves have returned with passage for eight."

"Well it's about time!" Princess Maxine says angrily.

"That's great, and for the time being don't refer to us by our titles just sir and ma'am."

"I beg your pardon!? How dare you!? I'm Princess Maxine, heiress to the throne of Hyperia and will be addressed as such!"

"Sis do I really need explain why it's a bad idea for you or me use our titles?" She pouts and shrugs. "Come on we have to get going."

"Is this really worth it?! Surly the Dark Lady must have retrieved the star by now."

"There have only been a few patrols here, none have requested ships and interest to travel north seems to be at the very minimal," Captain Nesa explains.

"She doesn't need ships, she can teleport and has a wyvern!"

"There hasn't been any reports of Majin Hai nor a wyvern in the north, but there's been a frost giant incursion which have brought the yetis out of the deep mountains, perfect reason why no one wants to go which gives us the advantage."

"Sis, we can at least try, if there's really a power that can possibly defeat the Dark Lady then we should have it."

"Fine!"

The six humans follows the two elves until they reach the ship.

"Hello I am Rob, captain of The Supreme."

"Really I'm supposed to set foot on that piece of garbage?!"

Captain Rob and some of the sailors were taken aback and a few glare at her. Prince Maximus takes her aside. "Sis, please, we don't have the luxury of choosing."

"Calm yourself, this was the only ship we could find on such short notice and at an agreeable price," Captain Nesa adds.

"I don't recall asking your opinion, elf!"

"Enough, let's get onboard and get this done," Prince Maximus says.

Princess Maxine huffs and bumps into Captain Nesa on purpose.

"That bitch!"

They get onboard The Supreme. "Please excuse my sister, Captain. Our dad was killed and she's having a hard time," Maximus explains.

"My condolence. Alright let's get ready to set sail."

****

They made their way inside escorted by one of the sailors. "These are your rooms, one for the men." he opens the door and they see four bunks and then he goes on to the next room and shows them four bunks.

"This won't do! I want my own room!" Maxine demands.

"Very well but that costs extra."

"Well what are you waiting for, elf, you're the one who invited us on this expedition!"

Captain Nesa grits her teeth for the rooms weren't cheap. She gives the money to the sailor.

"Enjoy the trip."

"It's gonna be a long trip," Jetkins murmurs.

****

Frost Coast

Elena had finished her breakfast and was now reading a book awaiting discharge. "Once I get a new sword I'll go back to my igloo, get the booze and leave."

The faun doctor comes in along with Lillie. "Alright Ms. Jewels, you're good to go."

"Thank you, Doc."

"No thank you. If things don't feel right, come back." She nods and he exits the room.

"Alright let's get going."

"To where?" Elena asks.

"To the Sheba Town refugee camp."

As they made their way out people wave and smile at them and they wave and smile back. Elena puts on her hood and exits the door.

"This is where my unit first teleported before learning that the star had crashed deep into the mountains. No one had traveled due to the dangers."

Elena recalls Frost Coast being vastly populated with humans. In order to avoid being seen, Elena had taken an alternate route and burned the small vessel she arrived in.

"As you know Nike was killed and her staff was broken, without it no teleportation so now I must take the long way home."

"Why are you still here? With the dangers creeping about further north near the mountains many have left. This place is well protected and there are boats ready to go, so why?"

"I wanted to make sure you were ok and the perks of being a heroin here are not bad either. But of course you would know that Ms. Jewels or should I call you Elena?"

Lillie hears her footsteps stop and turns to see the reaction of surprise and horror on Elena's face. "I'm afraid you have the wrong person."

"Do I now? I think not, at first I thought you were a human like everyone else did for two years until a few days ago."

"An elf has the right to live wherever she pleases, you have the wrong person."

"Really, an elf in this region that elves are not native to? You're not apart of a traveling group, you live alone, keeping to yourself and the way you fight proves you're not an amateur. There was a story from twenty years ago about a group of elves who came to the Eastern Land on a rescue mission and among them was a she elf who single-handedly felled one hundred minotaurs, this particular elf was described to have long blonde hair and gray eyes. You fit that description."

"There are many blonde elves and that particular rescue mission was to bring home a royal who had been abducted which begs the question that maybe I was fated that but decided to stay up north and learn to survive."

"And miss dwelling amongst her people and enjoying the status? I think not."

"Yes but there are still blonde elves."

"Yes indeed I've been to the west but amongst the blonde only blue, green and brown eye color exist which makes gray eye the rare color."

"Alter magic is a thing."

Lillie rolls her eyes, "Stop denying it, I know it's you and I could tell everyone else and they would easily put two and two together as I did."

Elena grits her teeth, "Just what do you want from me!?"

"Well an autograph for starters."

"Fine, once we get to the camp you will have your autograph."

"You know I could have taken you to the west and delivered you to the Dark Lady and surly received any reward I desire. I wouldn't leave empty handed, I didn't even have time to bury any of them. They're most likely frozen corpses now if not devoured by wild animals."

"My head is hardly worth any value."

"It doesn't matter, I wouldn't do it anyway because you saved my life. Sigh, with the star gone our advantage over the minotaurs is gone, not to mention the possiblity of trade for foreign milk, foreign fish and foreign shiny things."

The two reach the camp and many fauns wave and cheer for them. They enter her tent. "I kept your belongings safe and untouched."

"Thank you." Elena starts looking through and she finds a piece of paper and signs it. "There, my signature. Happy now!?"

"Yes, I thank you."

"So what now?"

"Tomorrow I shall leave and this tent will be yours."

"Fine, I'll accompany you to the port then."

"Thank you. I'm heading out for a bit, see you later.

Once Lillie was gone Elena balls her hand into fist. "Damn it all!" She reaches for a bottle of wine. "I have to leave as soon as possible."

****

The Supreme

Jetkins stares at the open sea. "See anything?" Nesa asks, coming to join him.

"Nope, nothing."

"What are you thinking about?"

"I was thinking about the last time we were on a ship together, you, me, Gudolu and Elena. We were so happy back then I wish we could return to those days."

"Yeah," she places a hand on his shoulder, "We will return to those days, the elves will reclaim the power that is lost to us. But we must concentrate on the future." With that she leaves and a single tear escapes her eye.

As she was making her way back inside Maxine appears. "Hey, how's everything?" Maxine just ignores her and walks on by. Nesa balls her hand into a fist. "That bitch is really getting on my nerves!"

****

Frost Coast

"Good morning, Lillie, good morning Ms. Jewels, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Gretto."

"So you're coming with us?"

"Yeah, with all we've been through, I would feel shame not to see you off."

Lille smiles. "You really are something, Gretto. Let's get going."

While they made their way to the dock, Elena was pondering what to do. Frost Coast had a lot of ships, surly she would be able to buy one. She would do that first. She ponders if she should go back to her igloo, it was a three day trip to Sheba Town and then five miles to her igloo. She didn't want to make the round trip but all that alcohol. She would leave early while everyone was still asleep otherwise Gretto would follow her, the area was likely dangerous and she could handle her own but Gretto wasn't capable of fighting on his own, his death would weigh heavily on her conscience like everyone she failed to protect.

Once they arrive Lillie was preparing to buy a ticket but once she gives her name, the manager who was nearby gives her a free ticket upon realizing that she was one of the frost giant slayers and thanks her. They proceed to the ship. "Well this is good bye for now."

"Yeah," Gretto says sadly.

"I'll come back and visit one day but don't hold your breath. And Jewels, thanks for your help."

Elena nods.

Lillie boards the ship and waves to them and they wave back and soon the ship casts off.

"Well let's head back," Elena says.

As they were leaving the ship yard, they see three young dwarves arguing with an older dwarf. "You cheat, old timer!"

"I didn't cheat, I've been playing this game since your father's father's father's father."

"See that settles it, you know how to cheat!"

"I didn't cheat, I won fair and square!"

"If I says you cheat then you cheat!"

The second dwarf pushes the older dwarf on the ground. "Is this the way you treat your elders with no evidence?! I could understand if I slapped your mother, I could understand if I fucked your mate but I have done none of those things and I have not cheated."

"Fine you didn't but I'll be taken your ship Tiamat as compensation, you don't need it anymore, old timer!"

"Nay!"

"I'm not giving you a choice, old timer!" The first young dwarf kicks him in the face and the other two join in.

"Come Gretto, this is nothing that concerns us." They continued walking but then he hears the older dwarf cry out in agony and runs back. "Gretto get back here!"

"Hey leave him along!"

"Butt out Fuan, this ain't naught to do with you!"

"Beating a defenseless old dwarf without evidence of cheating is wrong."

"Oh yeah what are you gonna do about?!"

"Well three against one isn't good odds at all."

"Oh really, two against three?"

"Well I was thinking of three against three!"

Despite being far away, Elena with her elf ears heard him. "Damn it Gretto!" She quickly races back.

The younger dwarves were taken aback by sudden appearance of the hooded figure. "Do you all really want to do this?" Elena asks.

"Who are you that you should defend this cheat?"

"I am Gretto of Sheba Town."

"Sheba Town? Isn't that where the frost giant incursion took place?"

"Indeed it is, and my companion is...."

"Jewels."

The three younger dwarves couldn't believe it. "You mean you're the frost giant slayer?"

Elena unsheathes her elven knife in answer.

"Hey, hey it's cool, we're sorry."

"Apologize to the old dwarf," Gretto barks.

"We're sorry!" They help him up. "Sorry old timer, you won fair and square." They flee as fast they can.

"Thank you," the older dwarf says.

"You're welcome, are you alright?"

"Yeah I'll be fine." His eyes were suddenly fix on Elena.

"What are you staring at?! Pervert!" Elena screams and covers her crest with her one arm and points her knife at him.

"It's not what you think, my apologies but you have a shard of the star somewhere on your person."

"What?!" Gretto exclaims.

Elena's eyes widen in surprise and horror. "How did he know?!" She had on thick dark clothing and her backpack also dark and thick, enough to hid its glow. She was sure he or anyone couldn't see it, not even Lillie.

"Sir I'm afraid you're mistaken." Gretto explains everything.

"I see, but alas a shard still remains," he points to Elena.

"Please you must be drunk."

"My name is Rook, I was taught astrology long ago, I've seen stars fall before and one hit me on the head and it granted me the ability to see them wherever they fall. However I am old and my vision is not what it use to be but I can clearly see it."

"Ok Rook, if I have a star shard on me then where is it?"

"It's well....em, you have it betwixt your breasts."

"How dare you!" Gretto exclaims but he sees Elena stepping back. "Ms. Jewels it's not true is it?"

"Rook is right, I do have it there. But I won't give it up unless you're willing to pay for it!"

"What?!" Rook exclaims. "Do have any idea of the power you wield?!"

"No and I don't really care, all I want is to sell it so I can leave!"

"Ms. Jewels you can't be serious."

"I am Jewels the wanderer and I've lingered here too long. So Rook how much money are you willing to pay?"

"I don't believe this, you have a great power and yet you wish to sell it!?

"What kind of power?"

"I don't know but stars that have fallen have different kinds or power."

"Well I'm not interested."

"Are you not Jewels slayer of frost giants?!"

"And what's that supposed to mean?! You all expect me to be some great warrior well I am not! I'm just a wanderer trying to survive! So unless you have a trillion gold pieces on you right now this sale is closed!"

"Are you from the west?"

Elena keeps walking.

"Yes she's an elf," Gretto answers.

"Gretto!"

"The Dark Lady might have won the war in the west but what you carry is hope."

"Hope? Yeah sure there's hope, it's kept me going for the pass two years since I've been here and I plan to drink some more of it when I get home." She walks away.

"Wait Ms. Jewels wait!" Gretto runs after her.

As soon as he catches up to her, Elena glares at him. "Don't you ever involve me in your activities ever again!"

"He was in trouble!"

"It was none of your business and certainly not mine!"

"Are you really planning to leave?"

Elena didn't speak anymore. They eventually reach the refugee camp and went their separate ways.

****

Elena awakens and heads to the bathhouse. This was nothing new to her but she didn't need the attention that she was sure to get if they knew she was an elf, only a small handful knew she was Jewels but she didn't need them to put two and two together as Lillie had done. She wraps a towel around her head to conceal her ears as she enters the bathhouse and removes her clothing. As long as most people thought she was a human woman they wouldn't ask too many questions.

She takes her time bathing, and takes in the heat. She would do her hair in private, it was only one day but she wonders how Lillie was doing, it was always nice to meet a fellow warrior, too bad they didn't have a spar before she left to see how she measured up. Elena was sure she could have beaten her if they did. She smiles at the thought.

An hour later she's done and puts on some fresh clothing and heads back to the refugee camp. She gets some breakfast and heads back to her tent. She begins to pack, it was time for her to take care of business, her plan was to put papers around Frost Coast announcing an auction for the star shard at sundown. Stars had fallen before according to the old dwarf but they were a rarity, she recalls fragment documents of such a thing but never paid attention to it, astrology was a minority practice amongst elves and men and even rarer amongst dwarves for she never heard of such a thing regarding their race. Surly enough people would come to see a rare item and her name would attract many without skepticism, most of the merchants had gone due to the danger but there was still a handful left plus the city officials, surly they had fat sacks.

Once she had the money she would buy a new sword, a dog sleigh for she needed speed and all the defense she could muster, she hopes that dire wolves would be hesitate to attack members of their own family, yetis were a different matter but she was confident she could outrun them, she just hoped the frost giants hadn't ventured pass Sheba Town, what's left of it. She ponders how many trips she has to make for she had many barrels and most contained her precious alcohol. Once that was done she would sell the dogs and buy a boat.

As she was doing a final check she notices that the star shard wasn't amongst her clothing, she searches the entire tent but it wasn't there. Her eyes widen in realization and she heads out. "Excuse me, have you seen Gretto?" She asks a female faun.

"Yes he went out early to the dock."

"Thanks." As soon as the faun departs she balls her hand into a fist and departs with great speed. She knew he met up with the dwarf, Rook was his name and instantly she recalls the younger dwarf mentioning the ship that belonged to Rook. "The Tiamat."

She reaches the dock and approaches a dockworker. "Excuse me, I'm looking for the ship Tiamat."

"You'll find it on the left with all the small vessels," the dockworker answers.

Elena makes her way until she finds The Tiamat. She leaps onboard and pulls out her elven knife. She picks the lock of each door but doesn't find anyone. She exits the ship and meets another dockworker. "Excuse me, have you seen the owner of the Tiamat, an old dwarf named Rook?"

frog7
frog7
133 Followers