The Misadventures of Elena Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They approach the door and the Warden pulls out the skeleton key that was glowing all the colors of the rainbow. He inserts into the key hole and tumblers start activating and the key turns white and a second later the door opens. Thantor inhales and exhales and dives head first into the Underworld.

It was dark at first but as he falls deeper he sees light which was fire. He lands on solid ground for now for it just a level. He's suddenly aware of the wailing. He begins walking until he sees a human male soul working. "Excuse me, do know where all new souls are kept?"

He looks at him and stumbles backwards. "Please don't rape me!"

"I won't. Tell me where the recent souls arrive at."

"You'll have to continue downwards. I've been here for twenty years and all know is that the levels continue on and on and on."

"Thanks." He moves on and eventually he finds the edge and takes off flying downward. The wailing becomes louder it seems or maybe it was always like that but he didn't know nor cared to find out.

He lands on another level and starts walking. He sees a demon coming and hides. Once the demon passes he proceeds on. He was starting to get thirsty and grabs his canteen which was very warm and he drink some of the water which was very warm. He groans but moves on.

As he continues walking he becomes aware of souls watching him and flee. "They must think I'm a demon like that first soul," he thought.

He continues on but then he hears screaming that was nearby and distinguishable from the constant wailing. A soul of dwarf lands right next to him. He hears growling and sees two demons and a purple demoness with orange glowing eyes approaching. Thantor starts beating on the dead soul.

"Hello fellow demons."

The demoness nods, "Why are you in the guise of an orc? For a second I thought you were another damned soul."

"Oh this, I thought I would give the runaway soul a bit of false hope, nothing screams mind torture like a bit of false hope. Oh the look on their faces is priceless," Thantor explains and grins.

The demoness chuckles, "Yes that is fun!"

"I've been on the upper levels for a while so I was wondering have any damned souls arrived recently?"

"Why yes there has been a rapid number of new ones including a great warrior elf who allowed herself to possessed the Dark Entity's power and then foolishly killed his herald. His wraith is bent on her right now."

"Where I can find her?"

"Level one hundred. Better get there quick before the line gets big again."

"Thanks." Thantor gives the soul another kick before flying off. "Almost there!" He increases speed. The damned souls scatter once they see him. "I'm about to pull the greatest prison break in history!" He reduces his speed and lands gently on the ground. Off in the distance to his right he could see ten demons slowly making their way and in the middle was a tall white demoness with a pink horn.

He spots a pillar and against it was a naked unconscious blonde elf whose hands were nailed together. His eyes widen delight. He approaches her, pulls the nails out of her palms and as she falls he catches her. "Elena! Elena can you hear me?"

Elena slowly opens her eyes. "Than...Thantor? Are you dead too?"

"No, I came to rescue you."

"Rescue me?"

"Yes."

"No, no you don't understand. I did this, I became a Dark Elf, I deserve this."

"Well I disagree, I'm getting you out of here!"

"But how?"

Thantor scoops her up in his arms and takes off. For a minute Elena was in a daze but then she slowly starts to come around.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" A voice boomed.

Thantor froze.

"You're not a shapeshifter! How dare you sneak into my domain!"

"I just came to retrieve a precious gem so I'll be on my way."

"You're not going anywhere! That elf used me and lied to me!"

"Congratulations you got a taste of your own medicine, you'll be fine!"

"Do you not realize that I am your creator?"

"Yes but we've been taught from birth to do horrible unspeakable things and then when we die we're sent here. All SOTD are fated this way but I won't end like that so get out of my way!"

"How dare you!" The Dark Entity reaches for them but Thantor speeds away.

"How are you doing this?"

"I'll tell you later so you might want to hold on." He increases speed while dodging incoming demons from above. He presses the gem around his neck. "That warden better be here soon otherwise it's going to be a dead end both figuratively and literally!"

He spots the door which was still closed. "Shit, shit, shit!" All he could do was wait but hears growling in the distance and the darkness was deepening. "Come on hurry up!"

"Just let me go, I'm the one he wants, I'm the one who messed up."

"That's not going to happen Elena."

"They're getting closer," she says grimly.

"You're mine!" The Dark Entity declares.

But as he said it a light appears. Thantor looks up. "Oh thank goodness!" He zooms. "Close it CLOSE IT!" The door closes just in time. Thantor sighs in relief and lands but then he notices that the trolls were all dead. He looks and sees Warden Kashin with two arrows sticking out where his eyes used to be. "Oh no!" He examines the body. "He's been dead for a while now."

"But if he wasn't the one who opened the door then who?" Elena asks.

A figure appears holding the skeleton key. "Nesa?! Why are you here? Are you responsible for this?" Thantor asks.

"Indeed but I wasn't alone."

Another figure appears, it was a Majin Hai. "Hello, Elena, it's been too long."

"Gudolu!" Elena says wearily and smiles.

"Yes I regained my memories and know what happened. I made my way to Dingin and encountered Nesa who vouched for me to our queen."

"I don't understand, how did you find me?" Thantor questions Nesa.

"I slipped a very small gem tracker transmitter in the wine."

"What?!"

"I've known what you've been up to, and I must say it was daring and from the looks of it you've succeeded. Welcome back to the living world, Elena. Now that that's out of the way, hand over the star sword."

"Star sword? What?"

"It seems he hasn't told you."

"I was going to explain," Thantor says.

"Explain what?"

"How do you think he was able to fly?"

"You mean he with my star sword?"

"Correct! Even though Gudolu's memories has been restored his body hasn't."

"Elena I don't wanna remain like this."

"We've tried magic and tried to reverse the venom but both failed. The star sword is his only hope along with the rest of the Turned!"

"Turned?"

"That's the official name we've given the ones like Gudolu here. For they didn't start out as Majin Hai," Nesa explains.

"How can we tell?"

"We can't but they can and now that the Dark Lady is gone they want revenge for what has happened to them. They want to be normal again so give me the star sword."

"I don't have it anymore," Thantor says.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE ANYMORE?!" Nesa screams.

"It shattered."

"WHAT?!" Both Nesa and Elena exclaim in unison.

Thantor explains.

"I don't believe this, I can't fucking believe this! We risked our lives for nothing!" Her anger subsides and she smiles evilly. "Well it's not all a waste, I get to take my anger out on the both of you!"

"Nesa have you forgotten about no hostilities oath we pledged?!"

"Like I would cancel hostile intentions with a SOTD!" She pulls out and arrow and fires but Thantor blocks it. He comes at her but Gudolu attacks him.

"Gudolu!" Elena screams.

"He's chosen his side and so have you!" Nesa barks. She makes her way to Elena who was too weak to fight let alone stand.

After two more sword swings Thantor kicks Gudolu in the stomach. He takes off and swings his sword but Nesa blocks it with her bow. He kicks her knocking the bow out her hands. He reaches inside of her pocket and grabs the skeleton key. "Can't let this fall into the wrong hands."

The skeleton key is suddenly sucked from his hands and caught by Gudolu. "Did you forget I am a mage?"

"Damn!" Thantor charges at Gudolu but is hit by a bolt of lightning fired from his staff.

"Thantor!" Elena screams.

"He's not dead yet. I plan to torture him slowly for what he did to you! For destroying our squad!"

"That's right!" Nesa nods in agreement. "Unfortunately for you Elena you won't get to see it because I plan to send you back to the Underworld!" She grabs Elena by her hair and drags her to the door. Elena tries to get lose but couldn't. "Gudolu, would you be so kind as to opening the door?"

He nods and makes his way to the keyhole. He sticks it in and it opens.

Nesa drags her to the edge. "It's ok Elena you won't die alone, Thantor will join you once we're done with him and as an added bonus and I'll throw Queen Shantora and her husband down there too! We don't need weaknesses! I will make the Elven race superior again!" Suddenly Nesa is levitated into the air. "Huh, what's going on?!" She looks at Gudolu. "What are you doing!?"

"You told me Jetkins died protecting her. From what I observed, the queen is trying unite the elves but your way of doing things will only lead to more bloodshed. I didn't leave one civil war to join another. Farewell Nesa!" He drops her into the Underworld. They can hear her screaming as she falls in. Gudolu locks the door. He looks at Elena and raises his staff. Elena closes her eyes but a second later opens them for the projectile didn't hit her. She looks and sees Gudolu laying on the ground burning. His body reverts back to the original form of a he elf.

Elena stars crying, "Jetkins, Nesa, Gudolu, my entire squad is gone forever!" Thantor regains consciousness and sees Elena crying. He approaches her and puts his arms around her in order to comfort her.

Suddenly they hear the neigh of a horse. They look and see the pale yellowish green horse and its rider. Thantor takes a fighting stance. "Seriously?"

"I won't let you take her back to the Underworld!"

"Relax I'm not here for that. Elena the Light Entity has decided to allow you to return however you must be punished for selling your soul to the Dark Entity!" Death rides towards them and dismounts. He touches Elena before Thantor has chance to react. Elena loses consciousness.

****

Elena opens her eyes. "Where am I?" She could see light and hear the birds chirping. "I was in the Underworld but how did I get here?" She recalls what happened. "Thantor came and he was flying, he was flying! He carried me in his arms!" She recalls the nightmare with the demons she had when she was up north in her igloo. "Oh no, oh no no no no," she says grimly.

A door open and Thanor comes in. "You're awake."

"Where am I?"

"My cottage in Shinar."

"Shinar, the small neutral land?" She sits up in the bed. "Why did you rescue me from the Underworld? You could have used the wish for other things like a new eye."

"I didn't want to forget the elf who took my eye."

"So you decided to give yourself flight and go to the Underworld to rescue me so we could have our duel? You're mad or are you high?!"

"Nay to both."

"Why then? That was the whole reason I agreed to team up with you! That was the reason you saved me from those orcs in Debauchea!"

"Elena I've changed, I no longer desire to kill you. But I do desire you!"

Elena's eyes widen in horror.

"That's right Elena I WANT YOU!"

Elena was speechless. She didn't want to believe it but she knew it was true what other logical answer could it have been, over a stupid duel really? The orc was mad! "I killed your brother remember?"

"Yes I remember that, I will always remember it but the love I have for you outweighs the hate. At first it was about humiliation but then lust and now I can't help the love."

"Surely you don't expect me to be thrilled and go riding off into the sunset with you," she laughs.

"Indeed I do, by risking life and limb I hoped to open your eyes to what you deny. You're an orc lover."

"The taboo still stands."

"Taboo?" Thantor laughs. "There's been an exodus of elves from Debauchea, many whom known orcs so despite that you think your King and Queen won't accept them and keep that silly taboo?" Elena was silent. "Don't deny yourself of your desire, Elena. Don't deny me." He comes closer to her.

"The only thing I desire is to kill you! I don't care if you did rescue me, you and I still have a score to settle!"

"Can't we let that go?" Thantor groans.

"Never, my warrior instincts and humiliation will not let me rest until you are dead!"

Thantor sighs for he saw that there was no way around it. "Very well we shall have our duel but know this, from my point of view it will be different. Are you familiar with the orc style wedding?"

"Of course, I've read up on all aspects of your history, for to defeat my enemy I must study my enemy!"

"Good so there's no need to explain only acceptance, do you?"

"I accept! So when and where shall we have our duel?"

"Here but not now for your are too weak and I have urgent business so I will fly you to Dingin for recovery, for SOTL medical treatment is different from SOTD. Once my business is complete I shall alert you with the alert gem." Elena nods. "Now that that's out of the way I have something else urgent to tell you and then I shall feed you for its a five hour trip to Dingin by flight."

****

Dingin

Thantor touched down gently on the ground in a court yard. Queen Shantora couldn't believe it. She stares at Elena who stares back. "Big...Sis!" Queen Shantora runs to Elena and hugs her. "Oh Big Sis!" She starts to cry. "I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry too." She puts her arms around Queen Shantora.

"Thank you, Thantor, thank you for bringing her back." He nods and flies off.

"Don't mind him, he's a busy orc."

"I would like to reward him in someway."

"Don't worry about him."

King Gai approaches Elena. "Thank you, Elena for bringing me back to my wife."

"You're welcome Your Majesty."

Prince Maximus arrives and apologizes to Elena for what he did. King Gai and Queen Shantora were planning to travel to Hyperia for the Prince's coronation. Originally he didn't want to be crowned king until after remnants of the Dark Lady's forces had been dealt with but he was counseled into doing so for being king would further boost the morale of SOTL which is what they needed right now.

Elena was allowed to walk around Dingin, the Queen wanted to spend time with her but the current situation demanded that politics come first. She was happy to be around her fellow elves and elven culture. She also was thrilled to learn that the other elven kingdoms were being settled. One day they would be fully restored. Maybe she would see Floras and Jason again, maybe Hina had come to her senses and left Debauchea.

Later that night she dines with King Gai, Queen Shantora and Princes Maximus and was exonerated from her crimes and receives an elf metal for her heroism. Queen Shantora wanted a public coronation but her husband explains to her that it would be unwise because of the divisive opinion surrounding Elena. Even though she was exonerated from her crime of selling out to the Dark Lady she learned the dark powers and became what the Dark Lady called a Dark Elf. Her people also couldn't forget the fact that she had sexual relations with seven orcs and The First One many had called him, gained the power of flight from her star sword. Elena was their finest warrior, a heroin of renowned. She had set a bar for other warriors and people to follow but she could no longer be counted on for virtue.

The next day Elena dines with Queen Shantora only and tells her about Nesa. The Queen had wondered where she was. She asked her guards and servants but they didn't know. Later that day she visits Jetkins' grave and purchases two grave stones for both Nesa and Gudolu. She spends the rest of the night in mourning.

The next day Elena sat by herself eating, Queen Shantora was busy with politics yet again which was to expected and understood but what gotten to her was the palace staff. All of them had given her the cold shoulder, they only tolerated her because of the King and Queen. She thought about saying something but it's not like she could force them to like her and they didn't use psychical force against her.

She heads out and spends the rest of the day training in solitude for the duel, after she won she would help in the campaign to retake Elftoria.

Night had come and she sees the gem glowing. It was Thantor, he informs her that he'll be there tomorrow.

She goes to see Queen Shantora who was looking over some scrolls. "Your Majesty, I think it's time we had that drink."

"Eh?"

"We have to talk so let's do it over drinks after all I did promise you a long time ago."

Queen Shantora smiles, "What perfect timing, I needed to talk to you as well." She orders the servants to bring wine and they begin drinking.

"So when are you planning to leave for Hyperia?" Elena asks.

"The first day of next week." She chugs the wine. "I need something stronger, bring out the liquor!"

Elena smiles and drains her cup.

"Elena, I want you to become the new captain of my royal guard."

Elena couldn't believe it. "Thank you Your Majesty but I'm afraid I must decline."

Queen Shantora was surprised. "Why?"

"The truth is... I'm... I'm no longer immortal."

"What do you mean no longer immortal?"

"When Thantor and I escaped from the Underworld, Death appeared and touched me. My days are shorten, my hair with grow gray, my skin will wrinkle, my breasts will sag, my skills will wane and my beauty will fade away like other mortals. It's my punishment for selling my soul to the Dark Entity decreed by the Light Entity. It's because of that I cannot dwell here. Our people will truly hate me when they find out that I am mortal. They will desire for my banishment or complete destruction."

"Oh Big Sis!" She hugs her.

"It's okay, soon you'll be too busy with offspring rather than worrying about your Big Sis."

"But still....If you can't be captain of my royal guard then I hereby grant you the rank of shadow guard."

Elena's eyes widen in shock for shadow guard was the second most elite elven position.

"I...I will make you proud, Your Majesty." She wipes the tears away. "Shantora, please as the last royal you must restore the true history, we were the ones entrusted with it, all of it even the names of the nine Dark Lords and the one Dark Lady. The people must be able to make their own choices regardless if its good or evil."

"I will do it, I will make you proud, Big Sis."

The two continued talking and drinking and when Queen Shantora passes out, Elena carries her to her bedchamble.

She lays her down gently on the bed and tucks her in. "Shantora, there was talk about which one of us was the fairest, I'm glad we never competed for that but truly you are fairest. Farewell." She kisses her on the forehead.

Elena retires to her room. She packs what little she brought and looks at her elven medal she earned and the elven brooch with a black G signifying her new and permanent rank of shadow guard. She nods sadly but it was what needed to be done.

Morning came and Thantor arrives to pick her up. "Are you ready?" Elena nods and they leave.

Queen Shantora awakens an hour after midday. "How are you feeling?" King Gai asks.

"My head hurts. Elena has gone."

"Oh? At least she could have said good bye."

"She did, we said our good byes. She will protect us from the shadows."

****

"So what is a shadow guard?" Thantor asks.

"A soldier who protects home far from home and may never make it home. It's a position so secretive I don't even know who else is a shadow guard. Only the royals have the roster."

"I see."

"That will be my fate, to not make it home."

They arrive at Shinar five hours later and then to Thantor's cottage. Elena eats a light lunch and spends the day training. When evening came she eats a light dinner and bathes.