All Comments on 'The Missionary's Daughter'

by terra_mae

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Cindy1001Cindy1001over 7 years ago
So promising

You write well. And the storyline is original and exciting. Please continue.

Goddess_MeridiaGoddess_Meridiaover 7 years ago
Interesting

She is raped and bred by a "pagan" and all she can think is God is trying to protect her? She should be thinking the exact opposite. It actually sounds like what happened to early christian women during the Roman Empire. these weren't the royals so they spoke rough pig latin, if not more of a germanic language that would sound animalistic. I love the storyline overall and would love to see a part two to this.

terra_maeterra_maeover 7 years agoAuthor
Inspiration

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the feedback.

This story was inspired by what happened to early Dutch missionaries in Taiwan, but it is not in any way historically accurate to a specific time and place. It's fantasy and with that comes a certain creative freedom. I drew inspiration from many other things too, like my experiences in countries where blonde hair and blue eyes are alien and therefor fascinating and compelling, and the mindset that comes with being raised in an extremely conservative environment and then being jerked out of that to something foreign.

Although the mental escape at the end wasn't my first choice I see it as a form of cognitive dissonance, a type of subconscious devise that allows her to deal with her situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Well-written, I like how the women calmed her nonverbally, and your descriptions of how she experienced everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Someone's stupid pagan refrence

Love the story, and raped by a "pagan" how do you know its a pagan? did you know the Christians stole Christmas from the pagans? I bet you didnt, pagans don't celebrate horror or the devil, they celebrate earth, life... Btw easter was also stolen from pagans. Do your research eh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Best I've read. Well written. Intelligent. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous