The Mom Next Door Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amber looked thoughtful and was silent for a while. "Tom, do you like Oakmore?" she asked cautiously. "I mean, do you like...everything?"

"What's not to like?" Tom responded, then, seeing the trace of hurt in her eyes, added "I like being with you very much. You know that."

"If this turns into a police investigation, we'll be blowing up our own business. We could all be out of jobs."

"That could sure happen," Tom conceded. "But hey, you know what else I really like? Not going to jail for covering up probable criminal activity."

"Absolutely. I get that. But we don't know exactly what we're dealing with. We're just guessing," Amber insisted. "All I'm saying is, let me dig around for a couple of days and see what else I can come up with. Maybe try to find out if any of the staff knows something."

Looking into Amber's wide, honest eyes, Tom wavered. Stewart had promoted her quickly, after all...perhaps suspiciously so. That could be a red flag. Dare he ignore it and trust her with his future?

"Two days," he said at last. He sighed and slumped down in his chair. "God, I feel like hell."

"That, I can fix," Amber purred. She lifted her skirt and straddled his lap.

12