The Monster Hunter Ch. 11-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You suffered a mental breakdown when you saw a photograph from your past. A past that might be related to the case you're assigned. A past the FBI did not know about from your background checks or your interviews," Dan said. "Human Resources and Legal are looking into your background now to see if you lied on your application. Take the rest of the week off, Angel, and that's an order. Medical will call you to set up the appointments you need."

"Yes, sir," she said, her body showing how broken she was by this. Her past was still ruining her life, and she hated that. "What does the Task Force know about what happened?"

"Only the senior leadership and the people in that room know the details, and they won't say anything. I'll inform the group that you have been released from the hospital and will be recovering at home. Any more information will have to come from you. Agent Prentice, take her home and stay with her until her brother arrives."

Dan walked away towards his car as Mark opened up the passenger door to his Dodge Charger. "Come on, Angel," he told her.

She buckled in, her mind still reeling with how bad this day had become. "I need my jacket and purse; it's got my keys and phone in it."

"I'll swing by the office and pick them up," he told her.

"Did anyone tell my brother?"

"I left him a message and sent him a text, but he hasn't responded."

"He said he had training down in Virginia, so his phone is probably off," Angel replied.

When they returned to the FBI's Washington Field Office, Angel had to sit in the car while Mark went to get her things. She couldn't enter without her identification, and her boss had that locked up with her gun in his desk. It was so unfair.

Angel checked her phone as they got back on the road, which was full of messages from coworkers asking if she was all right. She sent a group text to the Task Force members and her old unit, telling them she was felt better now and would be out the rest of the week. The less said, the better. She tried calling Michael, but his phone was still off, so she left a message saying she was heading home and was off the rest of the week. "You don't have to stay with me, Mark. I'm a big girl, and your girlfriend gets jealous."

"The boss wants to make sure you're all right, Angel. So do I. It's not a big deal to hang out with you for a while, especially if you feed me. I'm starving."

Angel laughed. "I'm not cooking this late. I could order some Mission Barbecue for pickup on the way?"

"Hell yeah. Ribs and pecan pie for me." She called the Rockville location and placed the order, getting ribs and brisket for herself.

They were passing the Beltway when Michael called her back. "What's going on, Angel?"

"A ghost from the past kicked off a panic attack at work," she told him. "Mark is bringing me home now. I'm fine, but it's kicked up a mess with the Bureau. I'm on medical leave the rest of the week."

"Damn, I'm sorry, Sis. I can be up there by three in the morning or so if I leave now."

"Don't, Michael. It's not a big deal. You have work commitments, and I'm not an invalid."

"I can reschedule the training, Angel. I'll work it out in the morning and get up there as soon as I can. Call me, or call Das D if you need to talk."

Angel would love to spend time with Daniel, but he lived in Annapolis and had his own work. She couldn't pull him away on a Monday. "I will. Love you."

"I love you too, sis. Call me when you can talk freely."

They picked up the food, and ten minutes later, they were at her kitchen table licking barbecue sauce off their fingers. Angel sent Mark into the living room to find something to watch while she cleaned up. "Trash day tomorrow. I'll be there in a few minutes."

She set the garbage bag by the door, then went upstairs and emptied garbage cans into a larger bag. Going into Michael's room, she took care of his trash can by the bed. Angel closed the door and went into his closet, taking his Red Wing work boots and putting them in her bag as well.

That bag went in a half-full garbage can of a neighbor six doors down.