All Comments on 'The Morning After'

by elrayo41

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
redlion75redlion75about 10 years ago

the ending sucked.was looking forward to the cross country trip and the fun they would have.instead he drives 40 miles down the road then says fuck it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
one thing

The military guy his wife had affair with, if the Army found out, he would be punished, up to going to Leavenworth prison.

Unlike civilians, infidelity is not sanctioned by the US military, particularly officers.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

The chances are low that the Lt Col would be locked up for having an affair. Military members commit adultery quite often. Just like in the civilian world there still are some states that adultery is illegal but civilians aren't serving prison time. The act of the crime is so small that most time the military won't make a big deal of it unless it brings great discredit or if there is some other big scandel to go with it. This may not always be true but that seems to be case.

I'm no expert in military law but I'm prior military with a couple of decades served. So I've seen, read and heard about many acts of adultery. Most just got a slap on the hand or a written reprimand but no prison time.

The story seems unfinished if this is the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
POssibly more to this storytelling

I was expecting a journey. Starting a vineyard. Travelling around the world learning the business, meeting new people, romance and adventure. Nice story, to short.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
military adultery

The main concern for the military would be anything to the detriment of the chain of command, so an affair with an ordinary civilian would be of little interest to the Judge Advocate General's Corps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Incredibly boring and the first half page in need of serious editing 1*

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
A very good story, but

this guy needs to guard his money better. Way too many errors that should have been caught with a spellchecker. Strangely, there were other errors that could NOT be caught with a spellchecker. I guess this author did not use one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Is There a Part 2?

Looks like your story ran off the rails. A road trip turned into ???

This was potentially a great story as set up. A road trip with a woman he had just met who agrees to go with him on a whim. Plenty of time to learn about each other, slowly building to a finale. It was even in N&NV where the multipart stories go. Sure fire if well written.

The ending we were given was a real letdown. Too fast, no particular reason beyond some great sex, and with two people who are still strangers.

Anonymous Andy

jackfrostedjackfrostedabout 10 years ago
enjoyed it

nice theme. way to many proof errors (read it aloud). at times vague and wandered. closing seems haphazard. thanks for writing keep em coming.

jack

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
So did she take the pill?

It's not actually said that she took the Plan B. Let's have another chapter and see what happened next please.

Big BuddyBig Buddyabout 10 years ago
MORE . . . !!

The premise is set. Now finish the story. Additional chapters are required!

joodlejoodleabout 10 years ago
A bit inconsistent, but A+ for quality

I agree with some that the story was set up in the first page as one to build and build to a fantastic climax. However, before his soul-searching trip begins he decides to commit to a rebound fling. Right during his soul searching trip! It seems a bit weird. I was unsure whether his load was going to be blown on the housekeeper or what, the way the story was going on about her "beauty". Were you unsure of what exactly you wanted to do with the story? One thing I will say, and the reason I gave a full 5 stars, is that you write very well. The energy, emotion, and wording are that of an exceptional author. Well done, and everyone would love a part 2 I am sure. Definitely proofread more, or get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice tale

nice tale but a little fast getting them together. two weeks is fast. a bunch

of type o`s in your tale. not sure if she took the pill or not . a lot of lose

ends.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous