The Mountain Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Warder--"

"Go!" He commanded, his voice terrifying. He pushed her towards the hallway. As she went, she saw that Hadren was on the ground, but struggling already to rise. "Go!"

His voice was powerful enough to propel her forward. She ran aimlessly, unsure of her direction. After a moment, she realized that glass was crackling under her feet--she was traversing the hallways where Ysabel had broken the lights. Lucy wondered if she could find Persephone--if she was even still alive. Warder's blood was heavy on her hands, sticky as it dried. Would he really survive the fight with Hadren?

She did not love him; she did not want him to die.

A figure in uniform came around the corner and collided with Lucy. On instinct, she tried to change direction, fearing harm from any warrior except Warder. The warrior made a noise deep in her throat and reached for Lucy's hands as she tried to run past.

"You're bleeding."

Lucy stopped short. She knew that voice. It was like a ghost from her other life, outside the mountain. Because it couldn't really be--it couldn't be--

"Sheera?"

The warrior dropped their hood, revealing Sheera's bright hair. "Luce."

"What are you doing here?" asked Lucy. "It's not safe! Are you with the rebels? Are you--"

Sheera cut her off with a crushing hug. "You're alive."

"Yes," said Lucy. "And the blood--isn't mine."

Sheera pulled back and surveyed her, confirming for herself that this was true. "Good," she said. "I'm not a rebel, but I knew what they were planning. I found a way in and now seemed like as good a time as any. While they're distracted."

"You can get us out?"

"Yes," said Sheera. "You're going home."