The Movieland Drive-in Theater

Story Info
Movieland had been there for years. In a day, it was gone.
8.1k words
4.79
6.9k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ronde
ronde
2,410 Followers

I drove down Banner Street the other day on the way to a job site and saw workmen taking down the screen. Well, they weren't exactly taking it down and there were only two men there. One was in the cab of track hoe, kind of like a giant backhoe on crawler tracks. He was ripping the wood frame and plywood screen apart one chunk at a time, smashing the chunks into pieces, and then using the thumb on the bucket to pick up the splintered pieces of wood and put them into the dump truck. I assumed the second man drove the dump truck because he was just standing there watching.

It seemed like desecration to rip that big screen apart like that. The Movieland drive in theater had been a fixture of the community for almost fifty years. You'd think they could treat such an icon with a little more respect.

The projection/snack bar/restroom building had gone to a landfill a couple of years before, and right after that, the rows of car speakers sitting on racks on poles. Gone too were the rows of low mounds of white rock those speaker poles sat on. The mounds were to lift the front of the car so you could see the screen over the car in next row. Everything had been bulldozed flat in preparation for the new strip mall that was going to be built there. The swings, monkey bars, and slide for the kids that sat in front of the screen had been sold when the building was demolished.

Movieland had never shown first-run movies. Those movies made the rounds of the sit-down theaters before they made it to Movieland, and a lot of what Movieland showed would be called "B" movies today. We didn't care, back then. It cost a buck a person to get in, kids under twelve got in free, and there were always double features on Saturday night. If you knew the girl taking the money at the little booth at the entrance, she wouldn't check to see how many guys were stuffed into the trunk.

Tuesday night it was a buck for a carload. The drive in was a great place for families to see a movie without hiring a baby sitter. They could bring their own popcorn and drinks and not have to pay two or three times the grocery store cost at the snack bar.

Movieland was also a cheap date and with the right girl, it didn't really matter what was on the screen. Those were also the days of car seats in the back wide enough you could almost lay down on them. Standard equipment for a night at the drive-in was a couple extra bucks for the snack bar and at least one "rubber" in your wallet.

Now, I'd be lying if I said all us guys got that lucky. Almost none of us ever did. Girls of that time had mothers who viewed murder to be a distant second to their daughter losing her virginity before she was safely married. Those mothers cautioned their daughters about all the things boys would say and do to get them in the back seat with their panties off, and usually ended up saying something to the effect that they'd suffer a lifetime of shame for a half hour of pleasure if that happened. Their daughters listened back then.

The other problem with getting that lucky was the owner of Movieland knew that people who parked in the back rows couldn't see the screen very well, and probably had no intention of watching the movie. There was always at least one guy walking the back rows with a flashlight, and if he didn't see at least two heads in the front seat of a car, he'd walk over to investigate. The girls were mortified the guy might see them sans clothing, so not many ventured into the back seat unless they were on a double date.

We did pet a lot though. The girls liked kissing and some, at least if they were eighteen or over and you'd had more than a few dates, would let you feel their boobs through their bras. If you'd been dating for a year or so, she might even let you unhook her bra and feel her nipples. It was a lot harder to get further than touching breasts and nipples. The girl might be getting hot and starting to pant, but just one touch lower and she'd grab your hand and say she just couldn't do that and she hoped you'd understand.

Well, we did, sort of. While our dads usually told us the mechanics and we all compared notes, our mothers sternly warned us about forcing a girl to do anything. They also told us if the girl got pregnant it was the duty of the boy to marry the girl and make an honest woman out of her.

Yes, by the end of the week, the Movieland Drive-In would be just memories, but they were great memories to have.

[]

My best memories began the summer I was eighteen. I'd graduated from high school and had a summer job at the lumberyard making two dollars an hour. Two bucks an hour doesn't sound like much today, but back then it was enough to put gas in my old car and pay for a Saturday night date if I didn't go overboard. In the fall, I was college bound, so I had to save as much money as I could. That's why the drive-in was so great. It was a way to take a girl out without spending much of my college money.

Most girls didn't mind going to the drive-in for a date. We weren't yet old enough to go anyplace that served alcohol, and all the local clubs did. There were two actual, sit-down movie theaters around, but they were half an hour from our little town and it cost more to get in. It was either the drive-in or sit in her house and play games or watch TV, all under the watchful eyes of her parents.

The first girl I took to the drive-in was Jennifer Maxwell. Jennifer lived three houses down from ours, so I'd known her for a long time. I liked Jennifer, but I didn't have any special feelings for her. I just wanted to spend some time with a girl instead of the guys at the lumberyard. Jennifer was "safe" in that we were already friends. She wouldn't turn me down because of that and for another reason as well.

I think she accepted that first night because Jennifer wasn't exactly an attractive girl. Even though she was eighteen, she was still gawky in a lot of ways. She didn't have much in the way of breasts and her ass was narrow enough it looked like a boy's ass. She also didn't spend much time with her hair or makeup. Her long blonde hair was usually done in a pony tail, and I'd never seen her wearing lipstick, let alone any mascara or the other things girls did to make themselves feel beautiful. She also wore the ugliest eyeglasses I'd ever seen.

Jennifer didn't go in much for fancy clothes. She'd worn dresses to school, but only because that was the dress code for girls. The rest of the time, she wore baggy pants, button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up and tennis shoes. I figured that was because her mom made most of her clothes. My own mother said Jennifer's mother didn't have much money.

Most of the guys my age figured she was a lesbian. I knew better, because I'd known her for so long she would tell me about anything. I knew Jennifer didn't go out of her way to discourage men from asking her out. She just never went out of her way to give them a reason to do so. With Jennifer, it was pretty much, "this is how I am, like it or not". She told me why one night between features when the screen was filled with dancing hot dogs, milk shakes, and candy bars.

"Jerry, my mom has had to work so hard all these years to raise me without a husband to help her. Well, I'm not going down that road."

I said I didn't know what she meant by that. She smiled.

"When I had my first period, Mom explained what was happening to me and why. She also told me I had to be really careful around boys from then on. She said my period meant I could have a baby now, but that she hoped I wouldn't make the same mistake she did. I was pretty naive then, and asked her what that mistake was.

"She said she and my dad got married too young. He wasn't ready to settle down yet and a year after the wedding, she caught him sleeping with another woman. She divorced him then and had to look out for us by herself.

"I was still a little confused, so I asked her why she got married in the first place. She started to cry a little then, and hugged me. She said it was because she was pregnant with me. She kept saying I wasn't a mistake because I was the best thing she'd ever done and she loved me with all her heart, but that the way she got pregnant was what she regretted. I guess my dad didn't have anything one night, but she was pretty sure she was safe.

"After she missed two periods, she knew what had happened. She'd tried to do the right thing by marrying my dad, but she didn't really even like him. She said I should wait, no matter what, until I found the right guy. I promised her I would."

I was a little taken aback by all that. I knew Jennifer and her mother had always lived by themselves and I'd asked my dad why Jennifer didn't have a father. He'd just said Jennifer's mom had divorced the guy and never remarried. I had no idea that Jennifer was the reason she'd married him in the first place. I patted her on the hand.

"That's why you dress like you do and everything, isn't it -- to keep boys away?"

"Jerry, I need to make something of myself, and if I start dating, I'm afraid the same thing might happen to me. That would just kill Mom. I want to make her proud of me and be able to help her when she gets older."

Well, that suited me just fine. I wasn't ready for any kind of serious relationship with a woman. I wouldn't have minded a little sex once in a while, but I knew the risks too. I'd known Dan and Sherry from high school even though they were a couple years older than I. Dan was always bragging about how he'd fucked Sherry so many times she didn't feel tight anymore. He stopped bragging about six months after they graduated. It's hard to brag when you're riding in a truck that pumps out septic tanks and trying to make enough money to support a wife and a baby you didn't expect to have.

Jennifer and I had our "dates" every Saturday night all that summer. To be honest, I'd never really talked to her about serious stuff before then. We'd always talked about school stuff or who was dating who and why it wasn't likely to work out. During that summer, we both changed a lot. I think that was because neither of us was ready to do anything romantic or maybe it was because we thought we were too old for that sort of high school stuff. I don't know. I know we liked being together.

I knew Jennifer was a smart girl. We had several classes together and she always made A's. When she told me she was going to be an architect I had no doubt she'd make it. Her plan was about the same as mine. She'd go to college and get her degree, then work for an architectural firm for a few years to get the experience required to take the ARE, the professional architects exam. After that, she wanted to start her own company.

She said the same thing to me when I told her I was going to be a civil engineer. I had the same plan except I hadn't thought about starting my own company. I'd work as a civil engineer for a contractor who built roads and building foundations and get my PE as soon as I could take the test. My dad was a mason, so I already knew how to do some of that type of work and I liked being outside a lot.

Summer ended with Labor Day and Jennifer and I went our separate ways. I called her a couple of times during that first year, but she was always too busy with school to talk much. We sort of drifted apart after that.

It was tougher than I'd thought to work a job and go to school at the same time, but I managed. I even had a few dates. There was a drive-in in my college town too and it was just as cheap as Movieland. The last show before they closed up for the winter was the Saturday before Halloween and the double feature was two horror movies. I took Maxine, but we didn't watch much of either movie.

Maxine Ravensbock was a cute little brunette I'd met on campus when she almost knocked me down on my way to class. She was running at the time and tripped on an uneven place in the sidewalk. I caught her before she could fall, but lost my balance in the process. As a result, we both staggered around for a few seconds until we got everything sorted out. Once we did, she apologized for running into me. I just laughed and said I wasn't hurt, so there was no need to apologize.

In truth, I was happy she had. Maxine was what I call "generously endowed". When I'd caught her, she's mashed both her big breasts into my chest, and as we both struggled to remain standing, those big soft breasts sort of rubbed themselves all over me. I had half an erection that I covered with my book bag.

The struggle had also caused the top button on Maxine's blouse to come undone, so while she apologized, I was looking at the round curves of her breasts through the gap in her blouse. She grinned as she pulled her sweater over that gap, and then asked if she could buy me a cup of coffee at the student union to make up for running into me. It was during that cup of coffee I asked her if she'd like to go to the last Saturday night show at the drive-in.

That night started out about like my dates with Jennifer. Maxine sat on the passenger side of my car while we watched the first movie. About half way through, she said she was getting chilly and asked if I'd mind if she moved over beside me.

I knew it was going to be pretty cold since it was so late in the year, so I'd brought both the blankets from the bed in my dorm along. That would save me from running the car heater and burning up a bunch of gas. I told her I'd be fine with her moving closer and that I'd put a blanket over us both because I was getting cold too.

I hadn't expected that "closer" meant Maxine's thigh pressed against mine and her big left breast pressing into my arm. I also didn't expect that when the movie got to one of those really scary parts she'd put her right arm around me and pull that big left breast into my chest..

"God, this movie is scary. Can you put your arm around me? I won't be as scared then."

Well, I did. Maxine snuggled right up as close as she could get, and my cock started getting hard. She spent the next ten minutes or so jerking at every little scary part of the movie, and in the process kept pushing that big breast into my chest. I needed to rearrange my cock because it was starting to hurt, but I couldn't think of any way to do that without Maxine realizing what was going on.

It wasn't much longer before I found out she already knew and was doing her best to make that happen. I found out because she put her hand on my thigh and began making little strokes up and down. She didn't touch my cock, but she came pretty close with each stroke. I finally had to say something before she felt the bulge in my jeans. I was sure that once she did, she'd move as far away as she could get and stay there the rest of the night.

"Maxine, you're uh...well...you're doing something that's making it hard to watch the movie."

She just giggled.

"It took you long enough so say something. Don't you like it?"

"Well, sure, but -- "

I had to stop talking. Maxine has just moved her hand to my crotch and was stroking my stiff cock.

"You could be doing the same thing to me", she whispered. "I'd like it if you did. Scary movies always make me horny."

Maxine took my right hand and pulled it to her thigh, then pulled my left hand to her breast. She squeezed my right hand with hers and I felt her big breast through her bra. She sighed then.

"Mmm...that feels so nice. Play with my boobs for a while."

What with her big soft breasts in my hand and her hand stroking my stiff cock, the pain was starting to get to me.

"Maxine, I don't want to embarrass you, but I need to rearrange some things."

Maxine just stroked my cock a little more and then whispered in my ear, "unhook my bra and I'll do it for you."

Two bra hooks would have probably been easy. Four were a challenge. When I finally got the last one undone I felt Maxine start undoing my belt buckle. She was a lot faster with that buckle than I'd been with her bra hooks. I'd just cupped her bare right breast in my hand when I felt the button on my jeans pop open.

Maxine made a little moan when I stroked her nipple. Then she pulled down the zipper of my jeans. My cock pushed the front of my underwear out through the gap, and I caught my breath when Maxine close her hand around it. She stroked it slowly until I rubbed my fingertip over her left nipple, then whispered, "pull down your pants a little and I'll do mine."

I experienced a lot of first things that night. It was wonderful to feel Maxine's big breasts sitting in my hand and even better were the little catches of breath and then little moans she made with I fondled the big globes or stroked her rigid nipples. I can't begin to describe what I felt when her small, soft hand pulled the front of my underwear down, grasped my stiff cock, and then started stroking it.

I could tell Maxine was getting hotter. The more I fondled her breasts, the faster she breathed and the faster she stroked my cock. I was starting to lift my hips into those strokes when she whispered, "do me and then I'll do you". I felt her spread her legs then so I ventured down over her smooth, flat tummy until I felt hair under my fingers. Maxine slipped a little lower down on my seat and whispered, "use your fingers to make me cum".

I did what Dad had told me to do when that time came. Maxine seemed to like it. As soon as my fingertip slipped between her pussy lips, she caught her breath, then moaned, and then lifted her legs a little. She leaned over against me then, so I put my right arm around her and felt her heavy breast through her blouse.

It took Maxine about ten seconds to unbutton all the buttons of her blouse. She went back to stroking my shaft when I again stroked a fingertip over her right nipple. I couldn't reach her left nipple without mashing her, so I just sort of stayed with the right one and played with it while I fingered her pussy lips.

Just a stroke of my fingertip to her nipple would get me a little tiny moan, so I figured something stronger would make her feel even better. I pushed that nipple down flat against Maxine's breast and then let my finger slide down until the nipple popped back up. When it did, Maxine sort of lurched her hips up and the finger between her pussy lips bumped against her clit.

"Oh God, yes", she murmured. "Pinch my nipple."

The nipple pinches were doing a lot for her. Rubbing her clit, not as much because she was still pretty dry there. Dad had said girls got wet when they were aroused to make things slippery. When I moved my finger down to Maxine's entrance, I discovered Dad was right, but wet wasn't half enough descriptive for what Maxine was. I pushed my finger inside her and felt her rock her hips up. She was wet, wet and sort of sticky feeling inside. She liked feeling my finger going in and out if all the little moans and gasps she was making were an indication.

I was liking it too. It felt great to be making her feel good, so great I almost forgot about her soft hand on my cock. She wasn't really stroking it anymore. She was just holding it. I suppose that was because she couldn't stroke my cock and keep rocking her hips at the same time, and her hips were rocking up and down like crazy. Every once in a while, I'd pull that finger out and slide it up over her inner lips until it met her little stiff clit. When I did that, Maxine would gasp and her hips would rock a little higher.

I was like a kid with a new toy, and I started to experiment with Maxine. Stroking her clit and pinching her nipple at the same time was really fun. She'd gasp and her pussy would lift up and then she'd start rubbing her clit on my finger. I'd just let my finger slide back down to her entrance then and slide right in. Maxine would groan and scoot a little lower in the seat. After a few minutes of this, she had her left leg hooked over my right and her own right was spread as wide as she could get it.

ronde
ronde
2,410 Followers