All Comments on 'The Movieland Drive-in Theater'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
KinPAKinPA8 months ago

Literotica posts new submissions at 2AM and you’re one of a very few authors I’ll stay up and read what they post rather than heading to sleep. This one didn’t disappoint and brought back a lot of similar memories. Well done!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

See my comments on the story Saturday Night at the Drive-In! I really that both of the stories.

5 for both.

A_BierceA_Bierce8 months ago

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that we randy, single-minded (and often exaggerating) teenage boys, usually referred to the Star-Vu Drive-In as the Finger Bowl. And sometimes it was.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u8 months ago

Due to the absence of drive in movies in my birth country, I never had that experience. As always great characters and storyline.

Davester37Davester378 months ago

5* as usual. This is a nice bit of nostalgia with your usual interesting characters and settings, so well described. The social lessons and commentary on growing up ring true to this old guy, and are appreciated. Of course, your writing and editing are nearly flawless.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Never went to a drive-in, not sure if they ever existed here. Another great story full of nostalgia and growing up in an earlier time.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When I was growing up, school dances were the way to get started (before the drive-in stage). I don't know how kids manage now without either.

Smiffy69Smiffy698 months ago

Nice gentle tale of romance. Kind of signposted the ending but good nevertheless.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Another great one! Well balanced narrative and dialogue drove the plot lines smoothly along. If I had a complaint (don’t I always? - LOL), it was a bit predictable and light on depth at times. 4.6*

Shepard506Shepard5068 months ago

The story brought back some wonderful memories. I'm lucky to be old enough to have had the chance to go to a lot of drive-in movies.

RasmatRasmat8 months ago

I know when I see this writer's name I've found an enjoyable read. All Fives, so far.

Crusader235Crusader2357 months ago

Oh the memories, thank you so much for a great story. Many was the virginity lost in the back seat at the drive inn. Five stars, and thank you for it.

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

There were definitely drive-in movies when I was a high school student, but I didn't have access to a car so I never went to one. I probably would have been too shy to try anything sexual. Somehow each generation has its own approach to intimacy and people turn out much like the rest of their generation. There are the aggressive "leaders" who have sex early and there are the shy ones who don't. And we all end up in the middle of a spectrum of experiences and some of us are satisfied and some aren't. The middle ground changes from one generation to another. I look back and see lost opportunities, but I'm not miserable about it and my life has probably the average number of regrets. It is interesting to read someone else's view of his/her pathway through that generation's mores. The sexual revolution of the 70's came and went and we're now in a different world. I would guess that virginity of both sexes is a lost concept and perhaps the treasure of that condition is something that will never be longed for again, but somehow I think that somewhere deep inside our society there is a wistful regret that what was treasured in that yesterday could have been treasured in our today and we would be better for the respect we used to give to ourselves. Many of the stories we read here of the youngsters talk about the almost "automatic" surrender of innocence after the high school prom and I find this a very alien thought. Yet here we are and we're not going back and there is so much evidence that our rush to leave a world of innocence does us no good at all. Maybe this author did not have these thoughts in mind when the story was written, but that's what it generated in me. 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...