All Comments on 'The Music of the Mind Ch. 08'

by Solitary_Thinker

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
hakdrakkenhakdrakkenover 12 years ago
No.

Not fair. Mike got off too easy here with the rapist turning out to be pure evil psychopathic serial killer. His crisis of conscience lasted all of a few hours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Mike is a Dick

I'll be honest. You keep building toward this whole Jill is the true love of his life part of the story, but he's so quick to develop a harem of "empowered" (I seriously cannot stop laughing about the over-usage of that word - is that what men think a truly "empowered" woman is? One who loves to fuck without emotional attachment?) ladies whom he's "helped" in some way.

It's this predictable man's fantasy that he'll have unlimited wealth, a cock that grows to the woman's satisfaction, loads and loads of meaningless sex, and the ability to control what most people think.

I mean, you're giving Mike is cake and letting him eat it too. Yes, a good character is one who is flawed and womanizing and fucking his best friend's posse are definitely flaws, but his so-called redeeming traits of setting things right in women's heads and that whole stopping a rape are just too irritating to keep on reading. And I agree with the other commenter, that he got off too easily on the guilt thing.

I'm sorry, but your Mike is a Mary Sue. He's too "perfect" to be likeable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really good!

This whole series is great! The writing is really, really good, and the sex stuff is very good too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yes

Starting to get better

Paps

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous