The Necklace Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally it was Allie that spoke. "If we could bottle that feeling, we'd make millions."

I chuckled. "I don't need millions. Just you."

She giggled and reached between her legs. "I feel like I'm going to be leaking you for the rest of the day." She showed me her finger which glistened from a mixture of us.

In the heat of passion there was no question of where I would cum. In my mind it belonged inside Allie like nature intended. But in that moment I wondered what would happen if she got pregnant.

If I was honest with myself, I was secretly thrilled at the idea of our love creating life, but I wondered if she felt the same. It was quite the tall order to be excited at being pregnant by someone you just met barely a week ago.

My hand felt around for hers in order to ask the fateful question. "Babe, I know this is the wrong time to ask this but could you get pregnant?" I felt the lump in my throat just asking the question. I knew the rational response was to wait but the rational response would've disappointed me.

Then Allie said something that let me know we were meant for each other. "Well, I've always wanted a little girl."

A beaming smile soon filled my face, and I leaned over to kiss her. She responded eagerly and in that moment I knew my love for her was meant to be.

Later on that day, the melting of the snow greatly accelerated. I was thankful that the cabin was perched so high on the hillside as all of that melted snow would surely flood the valley beneath us. By mid afternoon the property was beginning to look like normal again. I could see most of the wooden railing on the front porch now. The snow covering the cars was down to the tire level. A little bit of work would allow us to free them shortly.

Part of me was thankful for the melting snow and the chance to get back to normality. My time here had been incredibly fulfilling and I felt like my healing was complete with Allie's help. I wanted to go home.

I also was reluctant to leave for the same reason. Allie's fear of her old life had her wanting to stay. I didn't want to upset her but sooner or later we'd have to leave the cabin. We were already running short of food, and I was in desperate need of a meal that wasn't cooked by myself. Now that we had the possibility to leave, I wanted to at least get out and find a place to eat. I just wondered how Allie would feel about it.

Finding her on the couch reading one of my books, I opened it up as subtly as I could. "I think we'll be able to escape the driveway pretty soon. From the window, it looks like the main road is clear."

Allie looked at me but said nothing. She really didn't have to as the look of apprehension was still plastered on her face. I sat down next to her and rested my hand on her leg.

"I figured we might have a chance to get out of here for a few hours and find somewhere for us to eat. Aren't you hungry?"

Allie's lips pursed. "I suppose I could eat."

"Besides, we only have eggs left and I'm getting rather tired of those," I said with a chuckle.

She smiled and then looked away.

Remaining undaunted, I continued on. "There's a town not ten minutes from here. I know there's always been this little diner in the center of town. It's not a four star restaurant by any means but the food has always been good."

I watched as her wheels began to turn. Something was on her mind and she spoke up a few moments later. "This town. Is it still pretty remote?"

"As remote as you can get. It's the opposite direction of the city and we are still two hours away. Can't ask for anything better."

Allie thought it over for a moment longer and then slowly nodded. "Okay, I guess we can do that. Sorry, I know I'm just being paranoid."

I knew she was worried about her ex-fiance being able to track her. Even though I doubted how that could happen here in the mountains, I still wanted to pick a place that would allay rather than stoke her fears.

"It's okay. One step at a time, remember?"

"Right," she said with a toothy smile. We kissed and then I walked toward the door to grab our boots. Even though most of the snow was melted, we'd still need them to free the cars. I left Allie inside while I did most of the work. Using my shovel, I first managed to dig out my truck. Next I dug out some tracks for my tires to follow since the snow on the driveway was still about a foot high.

Once I had the tracks completed, I was breathing heavy and in desperate need of a break. One last thing remained and that was digging out Allie's car. After I cleared the snow from her tires, I somehow managed to free the car with a few tries and get it on the pathway that I'd dug out. I pulled her car right next to my truck as she came outside.

"Yay, you freed my car!" She grinned as I slipped out of the front seat.

"It took me enough tries but at least it's not stuck in the snowbank anymore."

Allie looked down at the snow-covered sides of the car. "I'm not sure how much use it's going to be up here in the mountains. It's only front-wheel drive."

"I figured we'd take the truck anyway," I said with a chuckle.

It didn't take long for us to make it out of the driveway. Thankfully I had snow tires put on a few weeks prior and we cut through the remaining snow easily. Once we were back on the main road, it wasn't long for us to arrive in that little neighboring mountain town.

Allie was quiet during most of the trip but she was visibly very active. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as her head darted around while checking out both rearview mirrors. Even once we arrived in town, she seemed to be looking at everyone that was outside as if to determine whether they carried any hostile intent.

Noticing her fear, I slipped my hand into hers as we drove into town. A small, but relieved smile formed on her lips, and I knew that even if we were able to move on with our lives from here, she'd still need time to heal.

We pulled into a small lot right next door to the main restaurant and I turned the truck off.

"I'm starving. I can't wait to eat," I said, shooting an innocent smile to Allie. She nodded before we got out of the truck and walked in through the front door. It wasn't a large place, and we were quickly seated along the back wall in a small booth for two. The waitress appeared to take our order, and we were left alone with our drinks shortly after.

I snuck my hand across the table to grab Allie's and was pleased when she latched on and squeezed tightly. She was still observing most of the people in the diner but once she felt the warmth of my hand, her gaze settled on me. She looked radiant to me and even that was saying something. At this point in her trip, she had long since run out of unworn clothes days ago. The same light brown sweater she wore this morning was the same one she had worn most mornings since we had met.

I didn't care. Considering the circumstances, how could I blame her? Although I'll say I was looking forward to getting back to normal and getting her into a fresh pair of clothes. The line of thought did remind me of something I wanted to ask her so I figured it was a good time to bring it up.

"I know I told you we're about out of food at the cabin. And I'll be having to get back to work soon in the city, so we won't be able to stay there much longer."

Allie said nothing but nodded to show she heard me.

"I was thinking that since you don't have much stuff with you right now, we could try to recover some of your clothes and belongings when we get back to the city. What do you think about that?"

Her lips formed into a frown. "I don't know how we're going to do that. Most of my stuff is at Ken's parent's house. And I don't want to go anywhere near there." She hugged her body tight with both arms.

"Okay, scratch that. Let's think of a plan B," I said. The last thing I wanted was to go directly into the belly of the beast. "Do you have anything at your father's house? Any way to get those?"

Allie thought for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't think so. There's not much left there and I have a feeling if he saw me, he'd march me back over to Ken in an instant. That won't work."

It was my turn to grimace. "Hmm, okay. We'll think of something. Even if we have to get you all new clothes."

Allie fixed me with her gaze. "Actually I might have some clothes at my grandparent's house. They've got to be a few years old at best but I'm sure they'll still fit. That could definitely work."

I smiled and took her hand. "See? That's perfect. We'll plan a stop there and pick them up."

She gave me a coy smile. "Pick them up and bring them where? Your place?"

I choked a little on my drink and looked back at her. "That's okay, right? I mean, I figured you'd be alright with that . . ."

"Jim, are you asking me to move in with you?" Allie's leg found mine under the table and she gently caressed my shin.

I looked down at the table and then back up at her. "Yeah. Yeah, I am. Will you? Move in with me that is?"

Allie broke out into a grin. "I was hoping you'd ask."

"Well, that's settled then," I said while squeezing her hand. "Besides I really don't want to wake up next to anyone else."

"You're sure about that? You really want me?"

I nodded. "When I said forever earlier, I meant it."

Allie giggled. "I just assumed that was sex talk."

"No, no," I said while laughing. "That was real talk."

"Say it again. Tell me again, please?" She fluttered her eyelashes.

I took a deep breath. "I want to be with you forever, Allie."

I watched as her eyes glazed over. In the next moment they filled with emotion and what looked to me like love. Her hand squeezed mine. "You can have me forever, Jim."

She made me so happy that I didn't know what to do with myself. I wanted to climb to the top of the mountain and shout about our love for all to hear. I said a silent thank you to the higher power that brought her tumbling into my life.

Our food came out shortly after and we willingly dove into what felt like a gourmet meal. Even though our mouths were full and our table silent, our eyes had their own conversation as we ate. I wish I could say that it lasted the entire meal but as we began to clean our plates, I noticed Allie's attention kept disappearing over my shoulder. Finally I just had to turn my head to see what she was looking at.

Behind me sat a middle-aged man. He was a good ten feet from our table and sitting near the bar of the diner but his eyes seemed to be fixed on Allie. He was wearing a black trucker's hat and a worn-out brown jacket and jeans. Something about meeting his own eyes gave me chills, and I quickly looked back to her. The fear was back.

"What's wrong, babe?"

Allie looked away from the man on purpose. "That man behind you won't stop staring at me."

I knew my gut feeling was usually accurate and even that guy gave me a healthy level of apprehension. Yet, at this point, I didn't know if he was truly dangerous or just staring at a pretty girl. The line of separation could be quite thin.

"Maybe you look like someone he knows?" I said, offering what I knew to be a flimsy excuse.

"Maybe he works for the Reynolds," said Allie.

"All the way out here? How could they know?"

"Jim, I don't know. But it's something they would do, and I've seen it done enough times. We need to go now!"

"Now? Okay, well just let me get my card to pay."

"No time," said Allie before digging into her purse. She found enough cash to cover the bill and threw it on the table. Soon enough she was practically running out of the diner. I rushed to keep up with her. I hazarded one last glance at the man and he was watching her walk out. I scowled at the asshole who ruined our meal. He certainly didn't look like someone who worked for the rich and powerful. He looked closer to a middle-aged pervert who had an eye for attractive girls.

I caught up to Allie outside where she was already seated in the truck and ready to go. I knew at this point arguing with her about this would only make it worse so I got into the driver's seat and began the drive back to the cabin. It was a quiet ride and Allie only looked out the passenger window. Some of her paranoia started to rub off on me as I found myself watching my mirrors to see if anyone was following us. We seemed to be the only car on that lonely mountain road.

It wasn't until we pulled back in the driveway of the cabin that she turned to me with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry about that. About all of this."

I reached out my hand to hers. "Don't be. That guy gave me the creeps too."

"It's not so much that. I just have seen too much of that world that everything makes me suspicious. It's hard to not freak out sometimes."

I pulled her hand to me and kissed the back of it. "Whatever happens, I'm here for you. We'll face this together."

That seemed to do the trick and the look on her face went back to its usual loving quality. We got out of the truck and went back inside. I think our conversation from the diner must have been on her mind because not an hour after we got back, she came over to sit on my lap.

"I'm ready to go back. If we go back now we'll have time to stop at my grandparents first so I can pick up some clothes."

I grinned and kissed her. She threw her arms around my neck and pressed into my kiss. Soon enough we parted and began to gather our things. Or rather my things, since all she had was packed into her tiny bag. Since most of the food was gone, I just had to tidy up the cabin for the next visit and then pack my clothes. Allie helped me pack and seemed to be genuinely excited at the prospect of going back to my apartment. There didn't seem to be anything that could rain on my parade in that moment.

After I had my own bag packed up, the only thing left to do was fold up the blankets from the couch and put them back in the hall closet. Allie volunteered to take my bag out to the truck, and we decided she'd follow me back into Denver with her own car. The warmer temperature had melted even more of the snow, and I didn't think her car would have any trouble getting back now.

After I was satisfied that the cabin was in order, I made my way to the front door and closed it behind me. It was then that I heard the sound of voices. Something wasn't right.

I crept my way along the front porch until I came to the corner of the cabin. Around the corner would be the driveway and the cars. The sound of voices crept louder until I was at the corner itself. I could see there was another vehicle in the driveway—a silver BMW. My heart plummeted when I hazarded a glance around the corner.

There was a man there in front of Allie. I couldn't see the look on her face but her body stance was pulled back and I could tell she was frightened. The man himself was dressed in a white shirt and a black skinny tie. His hair was mostly gone except on the sides even though I pegged him as being no more than a few years older than myself. Small, dark eyes and big ears that stuck out were his hallmark features. The feature that worried me the most was the malicious smirk he wore on his lips.

"Did you miss me, Alexandra?" he said and I knew in that moment this was going to be very bad.

"How?" she said with a squeak. "How did you find me, Ken?"

Ken leered at her and then laughed. "I knew that track app would come in handy one day."

"What track app?"

"The track app that I installed on your phone. It tells me your current whereabouts down to mere feet. How else do you think I could be standing here right now?"

I watched as Allie paled and felt my own hair on the back of my neck stand up. Ken laughed at this point and made a step toward her, which precipitated her to retreat back toward the cabin.

"I'll admit I've known you've been here for days. I found it quitecurious that you would be stuck in a lonely mountain cabin. Very curious indeed. But with this winter storm that came through, you remained quite out of reach. That is until the weather turned. Now I've come to retrieve you."

"Retrieve me?" Allie sputtered while not knowing what to say.

"Yes, retrieve you. Enough of this nonsense. You've had your fun and now it's time to come home, Alexandra."

"Stop calling me that. You know I hate when you use my whole name," she said finally, crossing her arms.

"I'm not going to call you by your common nickname,Allie," he said, leaving a negative emphasis on her name. "If you're going to be my wife, we're going to use your proper given name."

"And then what? If I refuse to go?"

Ken snickered once more and pulled something out of his pocket. I heard Allie gasp and managed to see a pistol before ducking back around the corner. "I have my ways of making you do what I want," Ken said.

Enough was enough. I knew I couldn't charge him right now but I also knew he wasn't the only one that was armed. I couldn't let this jackass take or threaten my Allie. But I had to get back inside the house to the hunting rifle, and most importantly, I had to do it without being seen or heard. I only had so much time until something bad happened or he drove away with the woman I loved.

Even though I feared being rooted to my current position by anxiety, love made me take that faithful and quiet step back toward the front door. I kept my feet moving as quickly as I dared while trying not to make any noise or step on anything that would announce my presence. The worst part was getting through the front door which had a habit of creaking if opened too quickly. I opened it just slow enough to slide through and gently pulled it shut behind me. I bolted to the cabinet in my parents bedroom, ducking away from the window that faced the driveway as I threw open the doors and searched for my father's hunting rifle. I cursed when I saw there was no ammunition in the chamber or lying around. Of course—why would he leave live ammunition in a building that wasn't occupied most of the year and could be easily broken into? I shook my head, grabbed the rifle, and walked toward the front door. I'd have to bluff my way through this.

Sneaking my way back out to the porch, I took careful steps until I rounded the corner again. Thankfully they were still there and I was able to pick up the sounds of their voices once more.

"You shouldn't be so upset. We have plans. We have dreams! In two years I can begin my campaign for the state senate. And you will be my loving, pregnant wife who will help our image in connecting with voters," said Ken, waving his pistol around with his grand, delusional vision.

"That was never my dream. That's not a life that I wanted," said Allie, her arms still crossed in front of her body.

"Who wouldn't want to be a rich senator's wife? You'd never have to want for anything. You'll be the perfect trophy wife."

"I don't want to beyour trophy wife. I have my own dreams and my aspirations. Which you could never understand."

Ken sneered. "Like the day care nonsense? You understand just how bourgeois that is, right?"

"You and I will never be on the same page. I don't love you and I don't want to be part of your life. You are not the man I want to be with!" Allie's voice echoed throughout the surrounding woods. I had to smile at her newfound strength and courage. She'd already come a long way from the frightened woman I found almost a week ago.

A look of confusion reigned on Ken's face before he spoke again. "As if another man would have you. You're worthless without me, Alexandra!"

"Another man does have me," she muttered just loud enough to be heard by me.

Ken screamed at her when he heard those words. "What did you say, bitch?" It was then that his eyes noticed the necklace around her throat.

"You bitch! You're wearing the necklace on the outside. Who have you been cheating on me with? I'm talking to you, whore! Who?"