The Negotiation

Story Info
Logan and Vivian engage in an unusual negotiation.
4.5k words
3.61
28.1k
24
46
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
imhapless
imhapless
3,550 Followers

I'm Logan Langley -- yeah my parents were big on alliteration, especially if you add in my middle name of Laredo, which by the way I never use. My wife Vivian Marlowe (she kept her maiden name) and I have been married seven years at the start of this tale; yeah the time during a marriage that the ancient (1955), but always relevant Marylyn Monroe movie, proved was dangerous.

I need not go into detail about our pasts, but there are several things you need to know about Vivian and me to understand our story.

Vivian was a Division I tennis star, and won the NCAA singles championship her senior year and with her partner was runner-up in doubles. She definitely could have been a top pro but for an untimely injury. She is still good enough to be the top female player at almost any tennis club in the world.

In addition to being a good athlete Vivian is really smart. She graduated from Stanford with a 3.90 GPA. Since a year after graduation she has worked as a sports agent representing professional (and since NIL came into being) college athletes in contract negotiations. At 29 years old at the start of this story she has been a licensed sports agent for basketball, tennis, soccer, and volleyball for the past four years. She works in a small agency (only three other agents, all women) and makes big bucks because she is really good at her job.

Vivian's face is not beautiful. In fact it is close to ordinary. What is not ordinary are her body and personality. Her body is toned by constant physical activity using proven training techniques, and her personality is vivacious, giving her real sex appeal.

I was also a Division I college athlete (volleyball at UCLA) although I never even thought that I had the ability to join a pro team overseas. I got a Master's degree in dispute resolution from Pepperdine. Thirty years old at the start of this story I now work at a small mediation firm.

Like Vivian my face is nothing special although Vivian thinks that it has "character." Also like Vivian I have a hard body from regular intense workouts and if my colleagues and family members are to be believed I have a friendly and endearing personality. I don't make as much money as Vivian but I do very well, and collectively Vivian and I have no monetary problems. There is one unusual aspect of my job that is important, however; we have what is euphemistically called an "eat what you shoot" policy at my firm meaning that my earnings are primarily (though not exclusively) determined by what business I personally bring in.

Since Vivian and I are both expert negotiators it should be no surprise that we negotiate everything in our marriage. We never say the dreaded words "We have to talk" when dealing with each other. Instead if something important comes up we say "We should have a negotiation session."

*************

My relationship with Vivian is -- in one word -- great. We are completely simpatico sexually, we both like hard bodies, we are playful as well as erotic and romantic, and we rarely argue. When we do argue (as opposed to negotiate) we do so fairly. There was only one night that I can remember during our seven year marriage when we went to bed angry, and fortunately we were able to resolve the argument satisfactorily the next day. While both of us do travel for our work we always remain in close contact when we are away from each other, and we try to do as many things together as possible when we are in the same city at the same time.

The only time we went to bed angry -- Vivian because of what she surmised from my interaction with another woman and me because of what I considered Vivian's uncalled for reaction -- resulted from attention paid to me by another woman. Her name is Francine Bardot.

Perhaps the most famous femme fatale in history is Mata Hari, the beautiful Dutch exotic dancer -- and spy -- whose seduction techniques and exploits on behalf of the Germans in WWII are legendary. There is no one who knows Francine that would not consider her a world class femme fatale, maybe even the best. It appears that at least the majority of women whose husbands have come into contact with Francine would like her to suffer the same fate as Mata Hari -- namely execution by a French firing squad.

Being as objective as possible I don't think that Francine is ravishing beautiful. However, her combination of a voluptuous body, coquettish manner, exotic face, and some inexplicable X-factor, make her almost irresistibly desirable to any heterosexual male; I guess that's the definition of a "femme fatale."

Unfortunately, Francine is also smart and rich and as one of her many activities owns the largest mediation firm in the United States so I do occasionally have contact with her.

***********

Vivian arrived at the San Jose International Airport from a three day negotiation for a number of professional soccer players on the East Coast about 4 p. m. on a Friday. I was happy to pick her up and get a passionate kiss and hug as she exited the security area.

As we drove home we talked in more detail than we had over the phone the previous three days about what was happening in our lives. When we got home we took a shower together -- I only got my hand slapped about ten times -- and then lay naked on our bed as I gave Vivian a half hour long massage, mostly on her back, shoulders, ass, and thighs. She had had a stressful three days on her trip, and slightly pulled a muscle working out. Sometimes I think that the main reason she married me was because I am the best amateur deep tissue massage therapist in the world (at least in my mind, but supported by Vivian's opinion).

Once I had reduced Vivian to a purring inert blob of relaxed protoplasm using my best massage techniques, and while she was in the concubine position, I licked and fingered her pussy until her purring reached a crescendo, and then ran my iron bar-like cock up her channel. I reciprocated slowly, deliberately, and intensely -- the sexual equivalent of deep tissue massage -- until I felt her pc muscles clamp down on my cock and her purrs turned into whines. Then I injected what seemed like a liter of cum into her as she clawed the comforter on our bed and screamed into a pillow while I grunted like a caveman.

It took a good twenty minutes after our contemporaneous climaxes before Vivian and I were completely lucid. We smiled at each other as we cuddled, exchanged kisses and "I love yous" and then finally got our asses up and dressed to go out to eat.

Just before going to sleep that night I told Vivian "We should have a negotiation tomorrow morning."

"Sure," she cackled, "as long as you make another sperm deposit tonight."

We didn't disappoint each other as she rode me cowgirl like she was trying to break in a bucking bronco while I mauled her ta-tas with zeal until we had synchronous earth-shattering climaxes, followed by us quickly falling asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning we each drank a small protein shake and then worked out together for an hour in our fully equipped workout room. We showered together without hanky-panky then sat down to a legitimate breakfast that we both prepared. After breakfast Vivian asked "OK, Logan, what do we need to negotiate?"

"Before we start let me ask if you still have that business trip to Texas planned for the 23rd -- 27th of this month?"

"Yes, I do; why what's the issue?"

"There's a virtually mandatory conference at the fanciest resort in Laguna Beach during that same time and I was hoping that you could come with me," I said in a deadpan manner.

"I would love to, Logan, but there are at least a dozen different people already cued up for my meetings in Texas and it is impossible to reschedule. Why do we need to negotiate? -- just go to the conference yourself."

"I understand that you can't change your plans Vivian but the reason that we need to negotiate is that Francine Bardot will be there," I replied, trying to keep my voice as neutral as possible.

Vivian raised her eyebrows and then paused before speaking again. "How do you know that femme fatale Bardot will be there?"

"Because she called me and told me that she would be," I replied, again trying to maintain a neutral voice.

After a pregnant pause, with a stoic face, Vivian asked "How often do you call Bardot?"

"I never have since the night that we went to bed angry, two years or so ago, except one time when returning her call that I was sure was business related -- and it was," I replied.

"How often does she call you?"

"Maybe a dozen times since that night about two years ago, most recently two days ago."

"How many times have you seen her in person in the last two years, Logan?"

"Twice; once at a mediation where she was there for about fifteen minutes, and once when she showed up at a restaurant where I was having dinner when you were out of town. At the restaurant she finagled her way into seating with my three co-workers and myself. I left as soon as she went to the bathroom, and without her," I responded.

"What's to negotiate?" Vivian asked.

"I want to negotiate a resolution whereby you won't be disturbed, hold it against me, worry, question me about it later, or otherwise have a negative reaction when I go to the conference -- because as I said it would almost be business suicide for me not to go since there will be mediators from the eastern half of the US that are likely going to decide who to use as their west coast representatives going forward and I really need to get some of that business," I retorted.

"Why can't you just pledge that you'll have nothing to do with the modern day Mata Hari?" Vivian inquired.

"Because I've always been honest with you and I can't for 100% certain make and live up to that pledge. I can pledge that I will try the absolute best that I can to have nothing to do with her, but that is all I can honestly do. I may be weaker that either you or I want to believe. She is -- as you well know -- a legitimate femme fatale."

My honest statement had three major effects.

The first effect was that Vivian appreciated my honesty. Both of us had been brutally honest with each other in the past, and both of our professions require honesty in dealing with others since a lack of candor would ruin our businesses.

The second effect was that she didn't like what I was saying.

The third effect was that she didn't know at that time exactly what she was wanted to negotiate for.

For most couples, without our level of honesty and desire to negotiate a compromise that we both could live with, my honest assessment could be the end of the marriage -- or at least the beginning of the end. Neither of us wanted that, therefore there needed to be a negotiation. After a long pause where both of us just sat there, our eyes wandering from making contact to looking out the window as we occasionally sipped our blueberry and yogurt smoothies, Vivian looked up at me. "I need some time to think -- let's go to the club and play a set or two of tennis."

"You got it," I smilingly replied. Since Vivian hits the hell out of the ball it's a good way for her to get her aggression out without hurting me (unless she aims a volley at my crotch, that is -- but I have a good cup to defend against that), and since she always beats me -- though I always win at least one game in a set -- this was about the best outcome that I could expect at the present time.

That day I won one game only because I hit four out of five first serves as aces in one game; the rest of the set she destroyed me -- and the balls which she almost knocked the fuzz off. My cup did its job when twice she charged the net and smacked her shot right into my crotch followed by a completely insincere "Sorry," which I simply smiled in response to.

After I absorbed my 6-1 thrashing we came across a couple that were good friends of ours, even though they were ten-twelve years older. Janice, the wife, was starting to take up pickleball and talked her husband Adam and Vivian and I into playing doubles. To make it fair -- since Janice isn't really that athletic -- Vivian and Janice played Adam and me. Vivian was much less aggressive in doubles pickleball than in singles tennis and didn't hit me in the crotch even once. Of course she and Janice still won, but we had fun, then a long pleasant lunch with them and another couple. By the time that we got home late afternoon that Saturday to get ready for a party Vivian had at least temporarily overcome her negative reaction to our negotiation and we had a great time dancing and after coming home making slow leisurely love.

************

A couple of days passed before our negotiation continued. We never actually negotiate while eating although sometimes during meals Vivian and I set up procedural rules for a post-meal negotiating session. That's what we did the Tuesday following our initial negotiation.

Vivian started out the continuation of our negotiating session with a welcome indication that she really was open to finding a resolution. "I think that what I'm looking for to resolve our situation is multi-pronged. I simply don't have a situation like yours that I could barter with, probably because I don't have a little head that does thinking that my brain should be doing. In other words the only guys I know who are equivalent to a femme fatale are assholes that I would have no interest in no matter how strongly they came on to me. But I recognize that it is possible, despite your love for me, that your little head might temporarily control you."

I couldn't argue with that, so after a pause to let me object if I was stupid enough to try to, she continued.

"The first thing that I want is fifteen days in a row -- when we both are in town -- of half hour massages, each with a happy ending."

"My pleasure," I smiled in response.

"Don't agree to anything yet -- what kind of a stupid negotiating tactic is that -- Pepperdine should revoke your Master's degree," she snipped.

"Sorry; please continue," I responded trying to look as sheepish as possible.

"Next; Logan I don't want to hear any more talk about starting a family until two years and three months from now, when I turn 32 years old. Then we can discuss it but until then you can't even hint at the subject like you annoyingly have been for the past eighteen months."

Having learned my lesson with the last preliminary agreement I remained stoic and merely replied "I understand your desire."

"Third, on our seventh anniversary, coming up in two months, I want you to plan an eleven day, ten night, trip to Southeast Asia, first class accommodations all the way that you pay for from one of your accounts, not from one of our joint accounts."

This was a biggie for me because I had negative interest in going to Southeast Asia. Vivian knew that I never would even consider the possibility even though for reasons that I never understood she had always wanted to go there. (According to Ancestry dot com she's roughly half Dutch, and one-tenth each Native American, French, Swedish, and Vietnamese with smaller amounts of other nationalities or origins -- including half a percent Neanderthal which I have been known to tease her about -- so maybe she wants to see what the Vietnamese culture is like.)

Again I simply said "I understand your desire."

"The fourth may be the biggest issue for you. After we have two kids -- which is my limit -- there will come a time when they are not yet in school that I will give you two weeks' notice that I am taking off for a full ten day sabbatical journey. You will not inquire about it, research it, complain about it to anyone, or ask any questions when I get back, and you will take care of the kids yourself that entire week -- requiring you to take off work or only do sporadic amounts from home."

I had the same response.

"That's it," she said. "Those are the four things I want."

While I wasn't crazy about all of her proposals I could live with them -- especially since I knew that there was additional negotiating and fine-tuning to be done which would mitigate the worst aspects.

The only correct response -- if we really were having an intelligent negotiation between two people who were expert negotiators -- was to set a time and place for the next stage. "I suggest that we reconvene in the living room Thursday night after dinner after I have had a chance to think about your proposals and you evaluate if you have any room for fine-tuning aspects of them."

We shook hands on it -- and then I fucked her brains out right in the living room with her bent over a padded chair and calling me all sorts of vile names until she had such a massive orgasm that she lost awareness for a good minute.

***********

Rather than bore you with every step of the negotiation leading up to the final resolution which we concluded by Friday I'll just cut to the chase.

What I got out of the negotiation was: I could go to the conference despite Francine being there with the understanding that I would try my absolute best not to succumb to her seduction if in fact she tried to seduce me; Vivian would do her absolute best to have no angst, apprehension, or trust issues at any time while I was at the conference or afterward, and she would never ask me any questions about the conference or anything that went on there unless I volunteered information about the actual substance of meetings and any new business that I generated as a result of it.

I also gained some concessions on and clarifications about what she wanted. They were: after she turned 32 she would go off birth control and if it was in the cards from the physical and medical standpoint she would have two complete pregnancies. I could have her mother and/or my mother help with the kids two of the ten days that she was gone on her sabbatical journey even to the extent that one or both of them would be the primary care giver during those two days. When she went on the sabbatical she would never travel one-on-one with a male no matter his age or status. Finally in the Southeast Asia trip I did not have to make any arrangements to go to India or Pakistan.

Vivian got everything else that she asked for.

Friday afternoon we drew up a document setting forth all aspects of our deal and we both signed and dated it. That night we went to dinner with two other couples, had an extremely intense sex session when we got home, and never mentioned the negotiated contract again.

*************

The conference was very worthwhile from a number of standpoints.

The first reason that it was worthwhile was because I learned a few things in the educational sessions.

The second reason that it was worthwhile was because I got four new clients out if it, two of which were very substantial because they were large east coast mediation players and I would personally be their west coast contractor. One of the new clients Francine actually introduced me to with a recommendation that they hire me since her firm had a conflict.

The third and fourth reasons were linked; both related to Francine.

I honestly did try my best to resist Francine -- and make no mistake she was trying her best to seduce me. I really don't know why she apparently made her best efforts to seduce me. Maybe it was a competitive thing with Vivian who she did not seem to like; maybe it was because there was something about me that intrigued her; maybe because it was a challenge and she never shied away from a challenge; maybe because one of her employees was an old girlfriend of mine who told her things that she wanted to find out for herself; shit, maybe it was because she hated me. I simply do not know and I wasted only a couple of hours trying to figure out before I just said "Screw it," and stopped for good trying to determine why she wanted to seduce me.

imhapless
imhapless
3,550 Followers
12