The Neighbor Pt. 01

Story Info
Rob finds himself in an unusual arrangement with his friend.
854 words
4.02
21.6k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rob couldn't believe his luck. His friend Sara has told him the house was going up for sale soon, but the price was even better than he expected, with a great location (also next door to Sara!) and a nice sized yard. He always dreamed of having a nice plot of land to landscape and this was the perfect spot.

On the day he closed on the house, he took Sara out for dinner to celebrate. They had been friends for several years, sharing a class in college and remaining in contact every since. She was a beauty he considered out of his league- tall, statuesque with red curls and a beautiful smile. She had a great fashion sense and always dressed sexily but not necessarily provocatively. He had a crush on her since they first started hanging out but never got up the nerve to make a move on her. They toasted Rob's new purchase and talked about all the fun things they could do now that they were so close by- walks, movie nights, etc.

Several weeks later, though, Rob found himself slightly annoyed with his hot friend. He spent long hours in the yard, pruning his bushes and keeping his lawn perfect. As far as he could tell, Sara didn't care one bit about maintaining the outside of her home, and even seemed to be pretty messy inside as well. Rob knee full well he was pretty OCD when it came to organization and cleaning, and struggled not to be a dick about it, but couldn't help feeling a little frustrated that Sara's house was bringing down the appearance of the street a bit.

"Hey Sara- mind if I ask you a favor?" Rob said as they finished their hot yoga class. They had gone together several times now, and he was finally able to complete most of the moves without making a complete fool of himself. Of course, trying to concentrate on the instructor and not on Sara's glistening body was an additional challenge.

"Sure Rob- what's up?"

Rob gulped nervously. The last thing he wanted to do was piss off Sara and end the friendship- he had really enjoyed hanging out with her on an almost daily basis since he moved in next door.

"Well - as you know I like to work in my yard quite a bit - sort of try to make the place look presentable, you know?" Encouraged by her nodding assent, he continued. "Well...please don't take this the wrong way but would you mind terribly laying mowing your yard or doing some raking once in a while?" He avoided her eyes as he said this, not sure how she would take it. To his relief he heard her easy, musical laugh.

"Haha is that all? I thought you were going to ask me on a date or something!" She laughed again. Rob cringed a bit that the thought of dating him seemed to amuse her.

"No, I don't think so Rob- I really hate yardwork so much. I know I won't keep at it so I don't even really try." They both climbed into Rob's car so he could drive them back from the class. Rob pondered what she said and tried to find a way around her resolve.

"Well, I mean...I'd be happy to mow your lawn for you!" He stammered, blushing slightly. He didn't know why but offering to do this for her made him slightly excited.

She laughed again, and brushed his arm with her hand.

"No no- I really couldn't ask you to do that. I'd feel guilty watching you out there."

Rob felt stuck- he really wouldn't mind at all- in fact it was a bit thrilling to him- this idea of doing her work so she could relax- but he didn't know how to make her realize that. He laughed in return, a bit awkwardly.

"I mean- I really don't mind, and I REALLY would love it if your yard sort of matched mine- I mean I'd pay you if you let me take care of your yard for you." He winced slightly- he had no idea where that thought came from- he was just trying to impress on Sara how much he really wanted their street to look nice. He cursed himself silently- she would think he was a weirdo to suggest something like that. When she didn't respond right away, he risked a quick glance over to her. She was looking at him appraisingly, with one eyebrow arched.

"So...you'd pay me for the privilege of mowing my lawn? You really care about it that much?" She said in a slightly amused voice.

"Uh...yeah...I guess so...sorry that's a bit of a weird idea..." Rob found himself blushing.

She laughed one final time as they pulled into his driveway. "Well, a girl would have to be crazy to pass up an offer like that! Sure, why not?"

She opened the car door and slid out, giving Rob a quick glimpse of her long legs and perfect ass in her gym shorts.

"When can you start?"

to be continued...